User Reviews for Morphine/naltrexone

Also known as: Embeda

Learn more about Morphine/naltrexone.

Morphine/naltrexone review summary

6.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 1814 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Morphine/naltrexone to treat Pain

Review by gwbeatme: User Rating:

Embeda (morphine / naltrexone): I have L4 & L5 degenerated bone to bone with spurs and stenosis. Definitive nerve damage down both legs. Doctor started me on hydrocodone 10 mg x4 plus Soma 350mg x3/day. Put me on 20/1.2 Embeda for 4 months, then upped dose to 50/2.0 mg. Very seldom do I take Vicodin or Soma anymore. I can actually work at my job as a fabricator/machinist with little or no pain and no drowsiness or getting angry. Kind of got my life back, and I can ride the Harley with no worry of long-trip pains.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 9, 2011 9:07 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Embeda (morphine / naltrexone): I been taking different types of strong pain medicines for years, due to a bad neck injury. In October, my doctor put me on this, I had no side effects, and feel like myself again. Since 1997, I also was taking antidepressants and muscle relaxers. I am off all that now. I take one 80mg a day, which I am going to start dropping dosage, as the weather warms to see how I feel.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 7, 2011 5:01 AM
Review by so cal gal: User Rating:

Embeda (morphine / naltrexone): I have been very impressed. I was taking 10-12 Norco on a daily basis for pain control. This is my third week and I am now taking the 30 mg. I am taking very little Norco now for breakthrough pain. I am less groggy and have better concentration. It did take about a week to get used to the new medicine. All I wanted to do was sleep for that week. Now the only issue is the constipation which is brutal. Although some Senna and Miralax work well. I am actually thrilled with how much better I feel. It is like suddenly waking up and being alive to participate in life again. WOW

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 15, 2011 4:32 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Embeda (morphine / naltrexone): I have had chronic back and neck pain for several years and have tried almost all pain medicines, my last was Percocet 10mg 6 times a day along with Flexaril 20mg 4 times a day. Now I take 2 Embeda 20mg a day and feel great. So far I have not had any side effects.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 13, 2010 11:50 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Embeda (morphine / naltrexone): Great pain medication. I was on morphine immediate release 6 15mg a day, am on Embeda 20mg and now take 2 immediate release. The immediate release was not working for me at all, now I have great pain control. As for feeling tired etc. Took the medicine for at least a week, all those side effects went away for me.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 19, 2010 11:47 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Embeda (morphine / naltrexone): Not impressed. I was on Embeda, but found it had absolutely no effect on me whatsoever for my pain. I have a back injury that I have had for years, and I am in chronic pain. While on Embeda, there was NO relief, except that it would put me to sleep from the drowsiness that it causes.

October 10, 2010 12:00 AM
Review by Kelleejo: User Rating:

Embeda (morphine / naltrexone): Embeda has changed my life. I can actually walk, sweep, do normal things again.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 23, 2010 4:52 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Embeda (morphine / naltrexone): I began using Embeda about a month ago for chronic pain. I have had 2 back surgeries and 2 shoulder surgeries due to a severe case of early onset degenerative arthritis, combined with an autoimmune disorder. Before the Embeda I was taking Percocet for pain management, but it left me feeling irritable when the medication wore off. The Embeda has worked GREAT for me. I am on 20-0.8MG every 24 hours. I like it because I don't get a "high" feeling and when it wears off I don't feel irritable. It does cause me increased sweating and constipation and some mild itching, but the trade-off is worth it. It has worked so well for me that I feel like I have my life back.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 12, 2010 1:10 PM
Review by DrWildebeest: User Rating:

Embeda (morphine / naltrexone): I was taking oxycodone 15mg every 3 to 4 hours. My doctor tried me on Embeda 20mg. It lasted about 4 hours and I still needed about 4 oxycodone tablets per day. He upped my dose to the 50mg capsule. It works great and have not needed my breakthrough medicines at all. I'm a pharmacist and the Naloxone is not released. It only comes out if you crush the pills. It's to avoid abusers looking for a quick high. Used correctly, you will NOT get any Naloxone (opioid antagonist).

July 24, 2010 1:28 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Embeda (morphine / naltrexone): My doctor switched me to a pain clinic after years of treating my back pain. I went from 4 x 7.5mg Lortab to 20mg Embeda and 2 x 7.5mg Lortab today. After reading this site, I realize why my pain has increased as the Embeda has an opiate blocker. Thanks for the info. I go to the doctor tomorrow and intend to discuss this. I have had two fusions in my lower back that only had limited success. I only want and this may sound corny but I need to have my life back with pain control. I have nerve damage along with bone pain (arthritis). I am only 50 years old. There has got to be something out there that will work that will allow me to return to work and manage my pain.

April 26, 2010 8:48 AM
Review by Badsidemom7: User Rating:

Embeda (morphine / naltrexone): My doctor switched me from MS Cotin 10 mg 3 times a day to Embeda 50-2mg 2 times a day. I am in continous pain now. It is not working for me. I have only been taking it for 3 weeks now and I don't know if it takes awhile to for my body to accept the change or what. I go to the doctor next week and I'll see what he says about it.

March 21, 2010 3:19 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Embeda (morphine / naltrexone): My doctor suggested switching to Embeda from Oxycontin -he said there was no reason to tempt my teenagers. He warned me it might take a few weeks to find just the right dose, he was right, after a couple dose adjustments I feel great and now I only have take my pain medicine twice a day.

January 21, 2010 11:40 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Embeda (morphine / naltrexone): I found this drug very useful. I suffered a severe motorcycle accident and was formerly taking Oxycontin 40mg 2/day. My doctor switched me to Embeda 50mg/2mg twice a day and I have had far better pain control and less loss of concentration. My doctor told me to take an Excedrin (the kind with caffeine) and a Benadryl if the side effects were noticeable. That completely eliminated the drowsiness and the itchy sensation.

November 30, 2009 5:01 PM
Review by ECPWfelon: User Rating:

Embeda (morphine / naltrexone): As the last reviewer said I have had increased pain, fatigue, constipation and anxiety.

November 19, 2009 5:00 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Embeda (morphine / naltrexone): I was taking Opana ER 20 and was switched by my doctor to Emeda 30 1.2MG. I experienced a significant increase in pain level and break through pain occurred within 2-3 hours. Other adverse effects included sweating, nausea, and constipation.

November 1, 2009 9:37 AM