User Reviews for Singulair

Learn more about Singulair.

Bronchospasm Prophylaxis 2 reviews 13 medications

7.2
Summary of Singulair reviews 79 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Singulair

Review by Thankful mom:

For Asthma: My 13 year old son is an athlete who loves running and playing basketball. He excels in both sports as one of the state's top junior high athletes and could not perform at his best without Singulair. Before Singulair, and during the fall allergy season, he would suffer asthma flares while training outside on the cross-country courses and he would have difficulty playing an entire basketball game without using his albuterol inhaler once and getting a breathing treatment after cross-country and basketball practices. We noticed after a week of Singulair what a new person he was, he hasn't used his inhaler for almost a year and doesn't use Advair anymore.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 11, 2010 5:36 PM

For Asthma: Very good to help control asthma. No side effects. Wish there was a generic, but meanwhile, worth the cost.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 1, 2010 12:04 PM

For COPD: should come in a stronger dosage

May 28, 2010 1:28 PM

Review by Misoman:

For Asthma, Maintenance: My asthma's been getting worse every year, and spring allergy season is the worst. I got on Singulair three weeks ago and it's completely changed my life. I haven't needed my Albuterol at all in the last two weeks. I can breathe free and easy. For the first time in years, I've been able to walk to the store without wheezing. I wish I'd gotten on this a long time ago, but until recently I couldn't afford the prescription cost. I'll really be happy when a generic is available.

April 24, 2010 7:26 PM

Review by Mrs Pat:

For COPD: I have found 1 x 10mg Singulair tablet at bedtime helps to stop exasperation's in the night.

April 17, 2010 7:13 AM

Review by jmiller717:

For Bronchospasm Prophylaxis: Very expensive (even with insurance) but it really works for my grandson so we make the sacrifice.

February 27, 2010 7:38 PM

For Asthma, Maintenance: My 4 year old son was on this for a year. It worked wonders for his asthma but made him a very violent and aggressive child. We didn't notice the changes in his behavior until he had been on it for over 6 months. His fits of rage became more and more frequent. We finally decided that we would take him off to see if the Singulair was the cause. We noticed changes in him the first day he was off of it. He is back to being my sweet and loving child with no rage and no violence. It is a great drug for those that don't have this side effect.

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 6, 2010 3:18 PM

For Asthma: Great for the asthma bad for the mood. Cleared up the runny nose and the cough. Started to make me think of some very bad things. I was getting angry with everyone over relatively anything.

November 9, 2009 5:51 AM

For Asthma: I was taking Singulair along with Advair for several years. Did not think that it really did that much for me but the Doctor advised me to take it. Only after my sister said she stopped taking it because of leg cramps did I connect the "dots". I had been having such terrible leg cramps but no one would say it was because of Singular. I stopped taking it and after 3 months I no longer have the leg cramps.

October 28, 2009 7:12 PM

For Asthma, Maintenance: I have been using Singulair for three weeks. I feel much better and no side effects. I wish I had been on this the last three years.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 19, 2009 2:12 PM

For Hay Fever: My 11 year old daughter started taking this a week ago and for the first time in her life she is breathing through her nose. As a result she's not waking up exhausted. Hallelulia!

October 18, 2009 5:23 PM

Review by Kindel:

For Asthma: I started taking Singulair about 10 years ago when it was fairly new. It changed my life, I am not aware of side effects, but I NEVER WHEEZE! It is the best drug over and I would recommend if you use your albuterol inhaler more than twice a week, take this medicine! I was using my rescue inhaler almost daily, now I NEVER use them, I keep one on hand, but I throw it out annually and get a replacement so I always have a fresh one, just in case.

October 16, 2009 5:47 PM

Review by oceanblueyes:

For Asthma: This is a great medication with no side effects.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 3, 2009 1:28 AM

Review by KathyAZ:

For Hay Fever: After using Singular for only 4 days, I was bragging about it to my friends who suffer from frequent allergy symptoms. It was prescribed both as an allergy relief and asthma prevention. In these spring months, I have only sneezed about 6 times and the itchy eyes and runny or stuffy nose are gone. It reappears if I forget a dose, so I attribute the relief to Singulair. As far as it preventing asthma for me, I can't comment yet as I am also taking Advair to prevent asthma. The doctor has lowered my dosage of Advair and I hope to soon be able to discontinue the Advair and stay with Singulair. The listed side effects are many, but I think I've only noticed one so far (water retention in ankles).

May 23, 2009 12:00 PM

Review by svaughan:

For Asthma: It works excellently.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 8, 2009 3:23 PM

For Asthma, Maintenance: Although Singulair 10mg tablets work great for me on a daily, regular basis for maintenance issues with asthma, I have found that one of its side effects has appeared. At first it was not connected until recently when information came out that Singulair could cause ear infections. This particular side effect appeared about 3-4 months after starting Singulair but no connectione was made until recently after using it for two years. So be aware of side effects and keep close tabs on usage results.

May 6, 2009 2:45 PM

Review by tlrader:

For Hay Fever: I was able to eliminate the use of four allergy medicines while using Singulair. I don't have asthma or any lung congestion; but my sinuses just wouldn't stop for anything, regardless of what antihistamine I was taking, whether in pill or nasal spray form. Singulair allowed me to sleep without a cough drop in my mouth and to breathe all night through my nose (something I haven't done in over 10 years).

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 5, 2009 8:52 AM

For Hay Fever: Tried it and it worked great except for the side effects of depression, anxiety, agitation, depression.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 27, 2009 6:00 PM

For Hay Fever: I had allergy problems all my life. Only Singulair has allowed me to go outside and enjoy life. Thanky You Singulair

April 21, 2009 9:01 PM

Review by gutz4glory_911:

For Asthma, Maintenance: I have had Asthma all my life. This medication CHANGED my life. I have always used albuterol (inhaler and nebulizer) for fast acting relief, along with steroid preventative inhalers. Two years ago when I was diagnosed yet again with pneumonia, my new doctor prescribed Singulair. I am an active person, who likes to run etc. Until Singulair I had never in my lifetime ran without having to use my albuterol both before and after. Not only that, this year I made it through flu season without developing pneumonia. Until I used Singulair I had never known what it felt like to be "normal". To run and exist without having to stop because I was wheezing and couldn't breathe.

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 25, 2009 12:58 AM

For Asthma, Maintenance: Before I started on Singulair I would have several serious asthma flares every year requiring prednisone treatment. Since starting Singular several years ago I have only had one serious asthma flare. My allergic rhinitis is also much better controlled.

March 24, 2009 9:28 PM

Review by Johnny Bench:

For Asthma, Maintenance: I used Advair before but after a while (and one fast-acting inhaler use), I was prescribed Singulair. I have not once had to worry about asthma in over 8 years.

January 16, 2009 11:47 PM

Review by JillJets:

For Asthma, Maintenance: Before I started to using Singulair I suffered terribly and had to use my inhaler twice a day. I have not used my inhaler in over four years. Great drug.

January 1, 2009 10:34 PM

Review by NH MAN:

For Asthma, Maintenance: I had been using inhalers - steroid (Serevant) and fast acting ones for many years. I couldn't climb stairs without needing a "puff". I couldn't play with the kids without having to stop often. After one serious attack I had to use an atomizer at the doctors office and I started Singulair from the next day. I have not used or carried an inhaler for almost 10 years now. It has changed my life. I can run with my kids, walk up stairs, shovel snow, etc.

December 29, 2008 10:54 PM

Review by LORI HENSLEY:

For Asthma, Maintenance: My son has had asthma since he was born. Now doctor has given singulair and it has helped alot. You can tell a big difference when he stops taking them.

December 13, 2008 2:44 AM