User Reviews for Singulair (Page 3)

Learn more about Singulair.

Bronchospasm Prophylaxis 2 reviews 14 medications

Asthma, Maintenance 33 reviews 108 medications

Allergic Rhinitis 33 reviews 810 medications

7.7
Asthma 31 reviews 138 medications

6.8
Summary of Singulair reviews 99 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Singulair

For Asthma "Caused anxiety and panic attacks"

Anonymous April 11, 2012

For Asthma, Maintenance "I took this medication a few years back. Although I read the side effects, I never imagined that I would have a bad reaction to the medication. This medication worked great in controlling my asthma. However, I became very depressed, suffered from anxiety and just not me. It didn't happen immediately, but people started noticing a difference. I started noticing a difference. I never had a history of any of that stuff. After I came off the medication I was back to being me. For me, the side effects weren't worth it"

dunno12345 January 6, 2012

For Allergic Rhinitis "Yes, I think this medicine works in treating allergic rhinitis, but after not being able to sleep at all the night I took it and being extremely agitated with mood swings tapering off into the next day after a full night's sleep, I will take it no more. I think each person needs to weigh the benefits verses the side effects for them. Everyone is, of course, different and each responds in their own way to all of these medicines. Just monitor your reaction to the drug closely if you do decide to use it and make the right decision for you to continue it or not. "

Anonymous January 6, 2012

For Allergic Rhinitis "This product seemed to help with my allergies somewhat but after several months of suffering a large increase in migraine headaches. My neurologist and I decided to stop using Singulair. The constant tightness in my head was gone within a week. It seems that this is a common side-effect of this medicine. MIGRAINE SUFFERERS BEWARE!"

indiemel December 14, 2011

For Asthma "My 4 year old was put on this medicine 4 months ago and it really seems to be working for him and his Asthma, but after reading other reviews realise that I need to keep an eye on his behaviour which does worry me as he is the most lovely 4 year old ever. Time will tell I guess."

Anonymous December 14, 2011

For Asthma "This medicine has changed my life. I am a very active teenager, with almost the worst asthma imaginable. I couldn't even run 100m without wheezing and feeling like I was going to have an attach. This was very hard on my competitive soccer as well. But last spring my doctor prescribes singular to me and everything changed. Now I can run for a full hour without coughing or wheezing, and I only have to use my fast active relief when I am sprinting. The medicine started working in just a few days. Best medicine out there."

Anonymous November 20, 2011

For Allergic Rhinitis "As soon as rag weed season starts in the mid-atlantic (August 15th) I literally go down hill in my health. I constantly have post nasal drip, but during rag weed season the post nasal drip turns to a sinus infection. I have been on class 5 antibiotics for the past 3 seasons. I was thinking that the only thing left for me was to move to Florida or the Virgin Islands (no weeds I'm allergic to). I decided to try Singulair. Within hours my symptoms completely stopped. I'm literally in awe. I thought it would take days to notice improvement, but it was virtually instantaneous. If you have serious allergic rhinitis that does not respond to antihistamines, please give it a try. It could change your life."

McSweeny October 26, 2011

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Asthma "I recently was on Prednisone for over a week because I could barely breathe (in spite of taking 500mg of Advair 2/day and Maxair several times a day). Towards the end of my steroids I was still breathing very poorly, but then I started taking Singulair and immediately my breathing became absolutely normal with not one hint of wheezing or breathing difficulty. Also, my nasal allergies/sinuses have improved considerably since I started Singulair. On the other hand, I have noticed pain in my ear (possible ear infection) and my mood appears to be a bit more aggressive than it was before taking the Singulair. Overall, I would highly recommend it."

MxV September 5, 2011

For Asthma "My breathing is much easier since I started taking Singulair a few weeks ago. But I am getting occasional cramps in my feet and my hands hurt. "

ledsen July 5, 2011

For Allergic Rhinitis "I have used Singulair while on vacation in the Midwest and it rocks, I was miserable. I take allergy shots back home and Xyzal at night but the Xyzal and Claritin were not cutting it. Side effects for me are a dry nose and slight cough."

melly Mel June 23, 2011

For Allergic Rhinitis "I am 29. Singulair alleviated my season allergies in the beginning for a period of 2 weeks maybe, after that I had the opposite reaction, was having a hard time breathing and my nose and throat were dry all the time. I stayed on it thinking it was something else, then I decided to quit it because after a regular run it triggered a tachycardia. This was something I never had before, I am a healthy guy, used to push myself hard during workouts. Once I stopped it there were no issues with dry nose or anything else. Guess I'm one of the minority that have adverse reactions to it."

Anonymous June 10, 2011

For Allergic Rhinitis "I had constant sinus infections caused by allergies. Tried several medications but nothing would work. Doctor finally prescribed Singulair and I have had relief ever since. The only problem is the medicine can make me very irritable to the point that my wife can not stand me, and sometimes Singulair can cause insomnia."

Anonymous May 17, 2011

For Asthma "It gives me headaches."

JJ1985 May 7, 2011

For Asthma "I have the WORST allergies during spring and nothing has worked. I would wake up every night with asthma and sometimes my abuterol inhaler wouldn't even help me breath or get the mucous up. I might sneeze like 4 times a day instead of every 5 minutes. If my nose gets stuffy I use an all natural homeopathic nasal spray called Bioallers. The combination of these two things makes me feel normal once again! OH and I take Singulair right before bed and it helps me sleep so well. No side effects so far either (been using it a month)."

newbie101 March 31, 2011

For Allergic Rhinitis "I have cat allergies and what my previous doctor called a "sensitive respiratory system." I use the singulair in combination with a generic for allegra D. It worked well for me and I could feel a difference within an hour. I didn't notice any side effects."

Anonymous March 27, 2011

For Asthma, Maintenance "I had horrible side effects from Singulair. I started suffering severe anxiety attacks, which my boyfriend (who is an EMT) linked back to Singulair. My allergy doctor wasn't even sure it was the Singulair until I talked to my pharmacist. Heed caution that the rare side effects can happen and that they are scary."

Chico, Ca, sufferer January 11, 2011

For Asthma, Maintenance "This medicine worked wonders for my 3 year old's allergies, however, I am in the process of taking him off of it. He has always been a very well-behaved child, soft spoken and very smart. Since he started taking the medication (from the first day) he has been completely unable to sit still, has been chewing on things (something he outgrew a year and a half ago), and has been unable to follow simple directions. He has also been much more aggressive. When I asked him about it, he said (word for word), "It makes me feel wiggly. And when the wiggles start I can't stop them and the house spins and I fall down." I urge parents to keep an eye on their children for behavioral changes always, especially with this medication."

Anonymous October 25, 2010

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Asthma "My son has had asthma from the beginning, he was placed on Singulair at 18 months. It did seem to help, but he has now developed side effects and we have taken him off of it. He becomes very agitated, and aggressive. He is normally a very calm and sweet child. It took a while to put two and two together. We took him off, and his sweet nature came back. Truthfully, it scared me how much this medicine affected his mood. It works great for asthma, but we won't use it anymore."

Mommyofasthma October 13, 2010

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have been using Singulair for an extended time. It seems to help with asthma, but I'm wondering if I developed side effects and just didn't realize. If I'm barely bumped I get bad bruises; I have sinus infections very frequently and lately I have a low grade fever often with no apparent cause. "

Anonymous September 16, 2010

For Bronchospasm Prophylaxis "I have really bad asthma and nothing seemed to help. I recently started taking Singulair and my asthma has improved unbelievably. No more wheezing and severe headaches. I feel like a new person."

Anonymous August 1, 2010

For Asthma "My 13 year old son is an athlete who loves running and playing basketball. He excels in both sports as one of the state's top junior high athletes and could not perform at his best without Singulair. Before Singulair, and during the fall allergy season, he would suffer asthma flares while training outside on the cross-country courses and he would have difficulty playing an entire basketball game without using his albuterol inhaler once and getting a breathing treatment after cross-country and basketball practices. We noticed after a week of Singulair what a new person he was, he hasn't used his inhaler for almost a year and doesn't use Advair anymore."

Thankful mom July 11, 2010

For Asthma "Very good to help control asthma. No side effects. Wish there was a generic, but meanwhile, worth the cost."

Anonymous June 1, 2010

For COPD "should come in a stronger dosage"

Anonymous May 28, 2010

For Asthma, Maintenance "My asthma's been getting worse every year, and spring allergy season is the worst. I got on Singulair three weeks ago and it's completely changed my life. I haven't needed my Albuterol at all in the last two weeks. I can breathe free and easy. For the first time in years, I've been able to walk to the store without wheezing. I wish I'd gotten on this a long time ago, but until recently I couldn't afford the prescription cost. I'll really be happy when a generic is available."

Misoman April 24, 2010

For COPD "I have found 1 x 10mg Singulair tablet at bedtime helps to stop exasperation's in the night."

Mrs Pat April 17, 2010