User Reviews for Singulair

Learn more about Singulair.

Bronchospasm Prophylaxis 2 reviews 14 medications

Allergic Rhinitis 28 reviews 793 medications

Asthma, Maintenance 32 reviews 107 medications

Asthma 31 reviews 123 medications

6.7
Summary of Singulair reviews 93 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Singulair

For Allergic Rhinitis "As soon as rag weed season starts in the mid-atlantic (August 15th) I literally go down hill in my health. I constantly have post nasal drip, but during rag weed season the post nasal drip turns to a sinus infection. I have been on class 5 antibiotics for the past 3 seasons. I was thinking that the only thing left for me was to move to Florida or the Virgin Islands (no weeds I'm allergic to). I decided to try Singulair. Within hours my symptoms completely stopped. I'm literally in awe. I thought it would take days to notice improvement, but it was virtually instantaneous. If you have serious allergic rhinitis that does not respond to antihistamines, please give it a try. It could change your life."

McSweeny October 26, 2011

For Asthma "I recently was on Prednisone for over a week because I could barely breathe (in spite of taking 500mg of Advair 2/day and Maxair several times a day). Towards the end of my steroids I was still breathing very poorly, but then I started taking Singulair and immediately my breathing became absolutely normal with not one hint of wheezing or breathing difficulty. Also, my nasal allergies/sinuses have improved considerably since I started Singulair. On the other hand, I have noticed pain in my ear (possible ear infection) and my mood appears to be a bit more aggressive than it was before taking the Singulair. Overall, I would highly recommend it."

MxV September 5, 2011

For Asthma "My breathing is much easier since I started taking Singulair a few weeks ago. But I am getting occasional cramps in my feet and my hands hurt. "

ledsen July 5, 2011

For Allergic Rhinitis "I have used Singulair while on vacation in the Midwest and it rocks, I was miserable. I take allergy shots back home and Xyzal at night but the Xyzal and Claritin were not cutting it. Side effects for me are a dry nose and slight cough."

melly Mel June 23, 2011

For Allergic Rhinitis "I am 29. Singulair alleviated my season allergies in the beginning for a period of 2 weeks maybe, after that I had the opposite reaction, was having a hard time breathing and my nose and throat were dry all the time. I stayed on it thinking it was something else, then I decided to quit it because after a regular run it triggered a tachycardia. This was something I never had before, I am a healthy guy, used to push myself hard during workouts. Once I stopped it there were no issues with dry nose or anything else. Guess I'm one of the minority that have adverse reactions to it."

Anonymous June 10, 2011

For Allergic Rhinitis "I had constant sinus infections caused by allergies. Tried several medications but nothing would work. Doctor finally prescribed Singulair and I have had relief ever since. The only problem is the medicine can make me very irritable to the point that my wife can not stand me, and sometimes Singulair can cause insomnia."

Anonymous May 17, 2011

For Asthma "It gives me headaches."

JJ1985 May 7, 2011

For Asthma "I have the WORST allergies during spring and nothing has worked. I would wake up every night with asthma and sometimes my abuterol inhaler wouldn't even help me breath or get the mucous up. I might sneeze like 4 times a day instead of every 5 minutes. If my nose gets stuffy I use an all natural homeopathic nasal spray called Bioallers. The combination of these two things makes me feel normal once again! OH and I take Singulair right before bed and it helps me sleep so well. No side effects so far either (been using it a month)."

newbie101 March 31, 2011

For Allergic Rhinitis "I have cat allergies and what my previous doctor called a "sensitive respiratory system." I use the singulair in combination with a generic for allegra D. It worked well for me and I could feel a difference within an hour. I didn't notice any side effects."

Anonymous March 27, 2011

For Asthma, Maintenance "I had horrible side effects from Singulair. I started suffering severe anxiety attacks, which my boyfriend (who is an EMT) linked back to Singulair. My allergy doctor wasn't even sure it was the Singulair until I talked to my pharmacist. Heed caution that the rare side effects can happen and that they are scary."

Chico, Ca, sufferer January 11, 2011

For Asthma, Maintenance "This medicine worked wonders for my 3 year old's allergies, however, I am in the process of taking him off of it. He has always been a very well-behaved child, soft spoken and very smart. Since he started taking the medication (from the first day) he has been completely unable to sit still, has been chewing on things (something he outgrew a year and a half ago), and has been unable to follow simple directions. He has also been much more aggressive. When I asked him about it, he said (word for word), "It makes me feel wiggly. And when the wiggles start I can't stop them and the house spins and I fall down." I urge parents to keep an eye on their children for behavioral changes always, especially with this medication."

Anonymous October 25, 2010

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Asthma "My son has had asthma from the beginning, he was placed on Singulair at 18 months. It did seem to help, but he has now developed side effects and we have taken him off of it. He becomes very agitated, and aggressive. He is normally a very calm and sweet child. It took a while to put two and two together. We took him off, and his sweet nature came back. Truthfully, it scared me how much this medicine affected his mood. It works great for asthma, but we won't use it anymore."

Mommyofasthma October 13, 2010

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have been using Singulair for an extended time. It seems to help with asthma, but I'm wondering if I developed side effects and just didn't realize. If I'm barely bumped I get bad bruises; I have sinus infections very frequently and lately I have a low grade fever often with no apparent cause. "

Anonymous September 16, 2010

For Bronchospasm Prophylaxis "I have really bad asthma and nothing seemed to help. I recently started taking Singulair and my asthma has improved unbelievably. No more wheezing and severe headaches. I feel like a new person."

Anonymous August 1, 2010

For Asthma "My 13 year old son is an athlete who loves running and playing basketball. He excels in both sports as one of the state's top junior high athletes and could not perform at his best without Singulair. Before Singulair, and during the fall allergy season, he would suffer asthma flares while training outside on the cross-country courses and he would have difficulty playing an entire basketball game without using his albuterol inhaler once and getting a breathing treatment after cross-country and basketball practices. We noticed after a week of Singulair what a new person he was, he hasn't used his inhaler for almost a year and doesn't use Advair anymore."

Thankful mom July 11, 2010

For Asthma "Very good to help control asthma. No side effects. Wish there was a generic, but meanwhile, worth the cost."

Anonymous June 1, 2010

For COPD "should come in a stronger dosage"

Anonymous May 28, 2010

For Asthma, Maintenance "My asthma's been getting worse every year, and spring allergy season is the worst. I got on Singulair three weeks ago and it's completely changed my life. I haven't needed my Albuterol at all in the last two weeks. I can breathe free and easy. For the first time in years, I've been able to walk to the store without wheezing. I wish I'd gotten on this a long time ago, but until recently I couldn't afford the prescription cost. I'll really be happy when a generic is available."

Misoman April 24, 2010

For COPD "I have found 1 x 10mg Singulair tablet at bedtime helps to stop exasperation's in the night."

Mrs Pat April 17, 2010

For Bronchospasm Prophylaxis "Very expensive (even with insurance) but it really works for my grandson so we make the sacrifice."

jmiller717 February 27, 2010

For Asthma, Maintenance "My 4 year old son was on this for a year. It worked wonders for his asthma but made him a very violent and aggressive child. We didn't notice the changes in his behavior until he had been on it for over 6 months. His fits of rage became more and more frequent. We finally decided that we would take him off to see if the Singulair was the cause. We noticed changes in him the first day he was off of it. He is back to being my sweet and loving child with no rage and no violence. It is a great drug for those that don't have this side effect."

Anonymous January 6, 2010

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Asthma "Great for the asthma bad for the mood. Cleared up the runny nose and the cough. Started to make me think of some very bad things. I was getting angry with everyone over relatively anything."

Anonymous November 9, 2009

For Asthma "I was taking Singulair along with Advair for several years. Did not think that it really did that much for me but the Doctor advised me to take it. Only after my sister said she stopped taking it because of leg cramps did I connect the "dots". I had been having such terrible leg cramps but no one would say it was because of Singular. I stopped taking it and after 3 months I no longer have the leg cramps."

Anonymous October 28, 2009

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have been using Singulair for three weeks. I feel much better and no side effects. I wish I had been on this the last three years."

Anonymous October 19, 2009

For Allergic Rhinitis "My 11 year old daughter started taking this a week ago and for the first time in her life she is breathing through her nose. As a result she's not waking up exhausted. Hallelulia!"

Anonymous October 18, 2009