User Reviews for Singulair

Learn more about Singulair.

Bronchospasm Prophylaxis 2 reviews 14 medications

Asthma 30 reviews 125 medications

6.9
Summary of Singulair reviews 90 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Singulair

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have been on Singulair since it was first on the market. This medication has given me a life that is free of fear from episodes of asthma attacks. Before this medication I was using a steroid inhaler and short acting and long acting. Not to mention the nasal spray and the allergy medication. Five medications versus the one of Singulair plus a fast acting for exercise or shortness of breath."

nunismama (taken for 10 years or more) April 26, 2013

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have been taking Singulair for 10 years. Singulair has virtually made my asthma almost non-existent! I take it every night and rarely have to use my inhaler. Since I also have seasonal allergies, there is usually a short period of time when I find I need a puff from my inhaler, but it's not often. Any and all medications can cause side effects and everyone will have different experiences, but I feel that the risk was worth it! The only real issue I believe may be associated with Singulair is excessive dryness in my nose that causes sores every now and again. I feel comfortable staying on Singulair because being able to breath easily far outweighs the one side effect I have."

Yuman Human (taken for 10 years or more) April 13, 2013

For Asthma, Maintenance "Inhaler from allergist didn't help breathing problems. I always felt the fresh air I breathed in only got half way down and then hit a filter of some sort. Had wheezing/whistles every day at the end of my exhale. Inhaler didn't help. Out of breath over the slightest activity. Got an prescription from family practice doc for this. This has eliminated my wheezing and out of breath feeling. I'm allergic to just about everything year round. It did not eliminate my need for allergy medication but it has made my breathing perfect. I wouldn't ever want to do without this medication. "

ItWasAboutTime January 31, 2013

For Asthma "I found it really helped my asthma and has made a big difference in the quality of my life. However what I would say is that it did cause mood changes with me, these were very noticeable for the first few weeks it felt like I had drunk 10 tins of red bull. I was very confrontational; this subsided greatly though and in some ways made me more confident. I never take the tablets in a morning though always at night, or I will kick off for the slightest thing, which is totally out of character for me. "

Craig888 January 23, 2013

For Asthma "Very Good for asthma and allergies but my mood changed for the worse. I woke up angry for no reason and very irritable. Made my anxiety worse too. I stopped it."

preocupada (taken for less than 1 month) January 21, 2013

For Hay Fever "This medicine changed my life. After 18 months of constant post nasal drip, coughing up sputum, sore throat, and nasal congestion, I think I may have finally found my answer. I have taken almost every medicine suggested to me and seen over 30 doctors. I was finally put on this for Rhinitis and Asthma and I started to notice a big difference by 4 days in. It has now been a week without coughing up sputum (something that I had daily for 18 months), and my congestion and breathing is significantly better. For some reason antihistamines and inhalers don't seem to help me, but Singulair does. I'm so glad that I tried this medication!"

Joee January 17, 2013

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Hay Fever "I have tried Singular three different times. Each time it has caused suicidal tendancies in me. This happens soon after I take it. My mood was very scary on this. I was prescribed this for asthma and allergies. I stopped taking it since it seemed to just depress me."

Growley (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2013

For Asthma "Singulair is an effective medicine -- but can have significant side effects. I experience a foggy head and depressed mood. I have also experienced muscle cramps in my back while on this. I have noticed in reading through the comments that quite a few people are suffering with some for of side effect from this medicine. One recommendation: I talked to my doctor about cutting he dose in half, from 10 mg to 5 mg. I now take a childrens 5 mg tablet. I still get relief but don't experience the same level of side effects."

PatrickJoseph (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 10, 2012

For Asthma, Maintenance "Completely effective for asthma maintenance, side effects - insomnia, weird dreams when able to sleep, headaches and nose bleeds. Only took for 4 weeks. Unfortunately, now after stopping it, have limited lifestyle (Singulair gave me back a life)."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 16, 2012

For Asthma, Maintenance "I've been taking Singulair for three weeks now after going off Advair, which is no longer covered by my insurance. I now have to use a rescue inhaler several times a day and am constantly coughing and feel out of breath and tired. Maybe three weeks isn't long enough a trial period. I'm hoping my breathing gets better in the next week or I'm calling the doctor to try another medication. "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 1, 2012

For Asthma "This really did help with my allergies and asthma symptoms I sometimes experienced. I took this for 2 years and never on a daily basis, but as needed (when my allergies would act up). It took me a while to figure this out, but I have now determined that when taking this medicine, I am very lethargic the next day, depressed feeling, and extremely agitated. For a while I had just concluded I was a moody person, but after taking one, seeing how I felt, and then going off of it, I put two and two together. Literally the next day without the pill, I feel back to my old self. So though it did help for allergies, for me the pros don't outweigh the cons."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 21, 2012

For Asthma, Maintenance "I rate Singulair with a ten because it has done everything I could have hoped for. I am 15 now and started taking it when I was 10 or 11. I am able to live my daily life without worrying about asthma, and I use albuterol 15 minutes before exercise through an inhaler, but without Singulair, I'm sure it would be much worse. I have had absolutely no side effects whatsoever, and I am severely allergic to peanuts, nuts, shellfish, and have had allergic reactions to other medicines in the past. This is wonderful!"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 3, 2012

For Asthma "We are trying it since our 7 month old son had RSV and has chronic lung issues and asthma problems since. It is working very well. He has also been exposed several times to hand, foot, and mouth disease (coxsackie virus) and has only had a couple of blisters so I think it helped him not break out as bad. Something worth researching."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 22, 2012

For Asthma, Maintenance "Compared to last year, a feel may grass pollen allergy far less in my airways this year. Before starting Singulair, I could get asthma attacks of just low amounts of grass pollen. Now, my tolerance has greatly improved. The same goes with my eyes. It took some weeks, but now I hardly need eye drops (i.e. Cromolyn) any more. This medicine has truly exceeded my expectations. Side effects were slight itching and drowsiness the first two weeks or so."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 5, 2012

For Hay Fever "I have horrible hay fever. Regular antihistamines do not work for me. I still suffer a lot if I take them. Terrible itchy eyes, runny nose, terrible asthma at night which kept me up, and a whole lot of sneezing and an achy body. My doctor prescribed me Singulair along with Patanol and Nasonex. Singulair has changed my life forever. My symptoms have been reduced by as much as 95%. I have no asthma, sneeze occasionally and my itchy eye episodes occur sporadically but stop within minutes. I don't usually even carry eye drops with me anymore. Which before would have been insane of me not to do. I'll give Singulair a 10/10 due to the fact that I've had amazing results and it's the only medication I need to make it through allergy season!"

Anonymous April 16, 2012

For Hay Fever "I took this medication to get some relief from severe allergies. It helped with the allergies but I ended up in the ER with chest tightness and some tingling sensations in my chest. I had a battery of tests on my heart, all was fine. This medication made me feel bad on one day, worse on the second day with the chest discomfort. "

Anonymousknot April 16, 2012

For Asthma "Caused anxiety and panic attacks"

Anonymous April 11, 2012

For Asthma, Maintenance "I took this medication a few years back. Although I read the side effects, I never imagined that I would have a bad reaction to the medication. This medication worked great in controlling my asthma. However, I became very depressed, suffered from anxiety and just not me. It didn't happen immediately, but people started noticing a difference. I started noticing a difference. I never had a history of any of that stuff. After I came off the medication I was back to being me. For me, the side effects weren't worth it"

dunno12345 January 6, 2012

For Hay Fever "Yes, I think this medicine works in treating allergic rhinitis, but after not being able to sleep at all the night I took it and being extremely agitated with mood swings tapering off into the next day after a full night's sleep, I will take it no more. I think each person needs to weigh the benefits verses the side effects for them. Everyone is, of course, different and each responds in their own way to all of these medicines. Just monitor your reaction to the drug closely if you do decide to use it and make the right decision for you to continue it or not. "

Anonymous January 6, 2012

For Hay Fever "This product seemed to help with my allergies somewhat but after several months of suffering a large increase in migraine headaches. My neurologist and I decided to stop using Singulair. The constant tightness in my head was gone within a week. It seems that this is a common side-effect of this medicine. MIGRAINE SUFFERERS BEWARE!"

indiemel December 14, 2011

For Asthma "My 4 year old was put on this medicine 4 months ago and it really seems to be working for him and his Asthma, but after reading other reviews realise that I need to keep an eye on his behaviour which does worry me as he is the most lovely 4 year old ever. Time will tell I guess."

Anonymous December 14, 2011

For Asthma "This medicine has changed my life. I am a very active teenager, with almost the worst asthma imaginable. I couldn't even run 100m without wheezing and feeling like I was going to have an attach. This was very hard on my competitive soccer as well. But last spring my doctor prescribes singular to me and everything changed. Now I can run for a full hour without coughing or wheezing, and I only have to use my fast active relief when I am sprinting. The medicine started working in just a few days. Best medicine out there."

Anonymous November 20, 2011

For Hay Fever "As soon as rag weed season starts in the mid-atlantic (August 15th) I literally go down hill in my health. I constantly have post nasal drip, but during rag weed season the post nasal drip turns to a sinus infection. I have been on class 5 antibiotics for the past 3 seasons. I was thinking that the only thing left for me was to move to Florida or the Virgin Islands (no weeds I'm allergic to). I decided to try Singulair. Within hours my symptoms completely stopped. I'm literally in awe. I thought it would take days to notice improvement, but it was virtually instantaneous. If you have serious allergic rhinitis that does not respond to antihistamines, please give it a try. It could change your life."

McSweeny October 26, 2011

For Asthma "I recently was on Prednisone for over a week because I could barely breathe (in spite of taking 500mg of Advair 2/day and Maxair several times a day). Towards the end of my steroids I was still breathing very poorly, but then I started taking Singulair and immediately my breathing became absolutely normal with not one hint of wheezing or breathing difficulty. Also, my nasal allergies/sinuses have improved considerably since I started Singulair. On the other hand, I have noticed pain in my ear (possible ear infection) and my mood appears to be a bit more aggressive than it was before taking the Singulair. Overall, I would highly recommend it."

MxV September 5, 2011

For Asthma "My breathing is much easier since I started taking Singulair a few weeks ago. But I am getting occasional cramps in my feet and my hands hurt. "

ledsen July 5, 2011