User Reviews for Singulair

Learn more about Singulair.

Bronchospasm Prophylaxis 2 reviews 14 medications

7.2
Summary of Singulair reviews 79 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Singulair

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Singulair (montelukast) for Asthma, Maintenance: I rate Singulair with a ten because it has done everything I could have hoped for. I am 15 now and started taking it when I was 10 or 11. I am able to live my daily life without worrying about asthma, and I use albuterol 15 minutes before exercise through an inhaler, but without Singulair, I'm sure it would be much worse. I have had absolutely no side effects whatsoever, and I am severely allergic to peanuts, nuts, shellfish, and have had allergic reactions to other medicines in the past. This is wonderful!

August 3, 2012 3:44 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Singulair (montelukast) for Asthma: We are trying it since our 7 month old son had RSV and has chronic lung issues and asthma problems since. It is working very well. He has also been exposed several times to hand, foot, and mouth disease (coxsackie virus) and has only had a couple of blisters so I think it helped him not break out as bad. Something worth researching.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 22, 2012 8:35 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Singulair (montelukast) for Asthma, Maintenance: Compared to last year, a feel may grass pollen allergy far less in my airways this year. Before starting Singulair, I could get asthma attacks of just low amounts of grass pollen. Now, my tolerance has greatly improved. The same goes with my eyes. It took some weeks, but now I hardly need eye drops (i.e. Cromolyn) any more. This medicine has truly exceeded my expectations. Side effects were slight itching and drowsiness the first two weeks or so.

July 5, 2012 3:14 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Singulair (montelukast) for Hay Fever: I have horrible hay fever. Regular antihistamines do not work for me. I still suffer a lot if I take them. Terrible itchy eyes, runny nose, terrible asthma at night which kept me up, and a whole lot of sneezing and an achy body. My doctor prescribed me Singulair along with Patanol and Nasonex. Singulair has changed my life forever. My symptoms have been reduced by as much as 95%. I have no asthma, sneeze occasionally and my itchy eye episodes occur sporadically but stop within minutes. I don't usually even carry eye drops with me anymore. Which before would have been insane of me not to do. I'll give Singulair a 10/10 due to the fact that I've had amazing results and it's the only medication I need to make it through allergy season!

April 16, 2012 11:41 PM
Review by Anonymousknot: User Rating:

Singulair (montelukast) for Hay Fever: I took this medication to get some relief from severe allergies. It helped with the allergies but I ended up in the ER with chest tightness and some tingling sensations in my chest. I had a battery of tests on my heart, all was fine. This medication made me feel bad on one day, worse on the second day with the chest discomfort.

April 16, 2012 11:56 AM

Singulair (montelukast) for Asthma: Caused anxiety and panic attacks

April 11, 2012 12:46 AM
Review by dunno12345: User Rating:

Singulair (montelukast) for Asthma, Maintenance: I took this medication a few years back. Although I read the side effects, I never imagined that I would have a bad reaction to the medication. This medication worked great in controlling my asthma. However, I became very depressed, suffered from anxiety and just not me. It didn't happen immediately, but people started noticing a difference. I started noticing a difference. I never had a history of any of that stuff. After I came off the medication I was back to being me. For me, the side effects weren't worth it

January 6, 2012 7:08 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Singulair (montelukast) for Hay Fever: Yes, I think this medicine works in treating allergic rhinitis, but after not being able to sleep at all the night I took it and being extremely agitated with mood swings tapering off into the next day after a full night's sleep, I will take it no more. I think each person needs to weigh the benefits verses the side effects for them. Everyone is, of course, different and each responds in their own way to all of these medicines. Just monitor your reaction to the drug closely if you do decide to use it and make the right decision for you to continue it or not.

January 6, 2012 4:44 PM
Review by indiemel: User Rating:

Singulair (montelukast) for Hay Fever: This product seemed to help with my allergies somewhat but after several months of suffering a large increase in migraine headaches. My neurologist and I decided to stop using Singulair. The constant tightness in my head was gone within a week. It seems that this is a common side-effect of this medicine. MIGRAINE SUFFERERS BEWARE!

December 14, 2011 7:06 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Singulair (montelukast) for Asthma: My 4 year old was put on this medicine 4 months ago and it really seems to be working for him and his Asthma, but after reading other reviews realise that I need to keep an eye on his behaviour which does worry me as he is the most lovely 4 year old ever. Time will tell I guess.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 14, 2011 7:47 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Singulair (montelukast) for Asthma: This medicine has changed my life. I am a very active teenager, with almost the worst asthma imaginable. I couldn't even run 100m without wheezing and feeling like I was going to have an attach. This was very hard on my competitive soccer as well. But last spring my doctor prescribes singular to me and everything changed. Now I can run for a full hour without coughing or wheezing, and I only have to use my fast active relief when I am sprinting. The medicine started working in just a few days. Best medicine out there.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 20, 2011 11:52 AM
Review by McSweeny: User Rating:

Singulair (montelukast) for Hay Fever: As soon as rag weed season starts in the mid-atlantic (August 15th) I literally go down hill in my health. I constantly have post nasal drip, but during rag weed season the post nasal drip turns to a sinus infection. I have been on class 5 antibiotics for the past 3 seasons. I was thinking that the only thing left for me was to move to Florida or the Virgin Islands (no weeds I'm allergic to). I decided to try Singulair. Within hours my symptoms completely stopped. I'm literally in awe. I thought it would take days to notice improvement, but it was virtually instantaneous. If you have serious allergic rhinitis that does not respond to antihistamines, please give it a try. It could change your life.

October 26, 2011 2:41 PM
Review by MxV: User Rating:

Singulair (montelukast) for Asthma: I recently was on Prednisone for over a week because I could barely breathe (in spite of taking 500mg of Advair 2/day and Maxair several times a day). Towards the end of my steroids I was still breathing very poorly, but then I started taking Singulair and immediately my breathing became absolutely normal with not one hint of wheezing or breathing difficulty. Also, my nasal allergies/sinuses have improved considerably since I started Singulair. On the other hand, I have noticed pain in my ear (possible ear infection) and my mood appears to be a bit more aggressive than it was before taking the Singulair. Overall, I would highly recommend it.

September 5, 2011 11:48 PM
Review by ledsen: User Rating:

Singulair (montelukast) for Asthma: My breathing is much easier since I started taking Singulair a few weeks ago. But I am getting occasional cramps in my feet and my hands hurt.

July 5, 2011 7:08 AM
Review by melly Mel: User Rating:

Singulair (montelukast) for Hay Fever: I have used Singulair while on vacation in the Midwest and it rocks, I was miserable. I take allergy shots back home and Xyzal at night but the Xyzal and Claritin were not cutting it. Side effects for me are a dry nose and slight cough.

June 23, 2011 1:42 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Singulair (montelukast) for Hay Fever: I am 29. Singulair alleviated my season allergies in the beginning for a period of 2 weeks maybe, after that I had the opposite reaction, was having a hard time breathing and my nose and throat were dry all the time. I stayed on it thinking it was something else, then I decided to quit it because after a regular run it triggered a tachycardia. This was something I never had before, I am a healthy guy, used to push myself hard during workouts. Once I stopped it there were no issues with dry nose or anything else. Guess I'm one of the minority that have adverse reactions to it.

June 10, 2011 4:24 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Singulair (montelukast) for Hay Fever: I had constant sinus infections caused by allergies. Tried several medications but nothing would work. Doctor finally prescribed Singulair and I have had relief ever since. The only problem is the medicine can make me very irritable to the point that my wife can not stand me, and sometimes Singulair can cause insomnia.

May 17, 2011 4:31 PM
Review by JJ1985: User Rating:

Singulair (montelukast) for Asthma: It gives me headaches.

May 7, 2011 3:36 PM
Review by newbie101: User Rating:

Singulair (montelukast) for Asthma: I have the WORST allergies during spring and nothing has worked. I would wake up every night with asthma and sometimes my abuterol inhaler wouldn't even help me breath or get the mucous up. I might sneeze like 4 times a day instead of every 5 minutes. If my nose gets stuffy I use an all natural homeopathic nasal spray called Bioallers. The combination of these two things makes me feel normal once again! OH and I take Singulair right before bed and it helps me sleep so well. No side effects so far either (been using it a month).

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 31, 2011 9:38 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Singulair (montelukast) for Hay Fever: I have cat allergies and what my previous doctor called a "sensitive respiratory system." I use the singulair in combination with a generic for allegra D. It worked well for me and I could feel a difference within an hour. I didn't notice any side effects.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 27, 2011 11:34 PM
Review by Chico, Ca, sufferer:

Singulair (montelukast) for Asthma, Maintenance: I had horrible side effects from Singulair. I started suffering severe anxiety attacks, which my boyfriend (who is an EMT) linked back to Singulair. My allergy doctor wasn't even sure it was the Singulair until I talked to my pharmacist. Heed caution that the rare side effects can happen and that they are scary.

January 11, 2011 2:02 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Singulair (montelukast) for Asthma, Maintenance: This medicine worked wonders for my 3 year old's allergies, however, I am in the process of taking him off of it. He has always been a very well-behaved child, soft spoken and very smart. Since he started taking the medication (from the first day) he has been completely unable to sit still, has been chewing on things (something he outgrew a year and a half ago), and has been unable to follow simple directions. He has also been much more aggressive. When I asked him about it, he said (word for word), "It makes me feel wiggly. And when the wiggles start I can't stop them and the house spins and I fall down." I urge parents to keep an eye on their children for behavioral changes always, especially with this medication.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 25, 2010 9:17 PM
Review by Mommyofasthma: User Rating:

Singulair (montelukast) for Asthma: My son has had asthma from the beginning, he was placed on Singulair at 18 months. It did seem to help, but he has now developed side effects and we have taken him off of it. He becomes very agitated, and aggressive. He is normally a very calm and sweet child. It took a while to put two and two together. We took him off, and his sweet nature came back. Truthfully, it scared me how much this medicine affected his mood. It works great for asthma, but we won't use it anymore.

October 13, 2010 4:49 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Singulair (montelukast) for Asthma, Maintenance: I have been using Singulair for an extended time. It seems to help with asthma, but I'm wondering if I developed side effects and just didn't realize. If I'm barely bumped I get bad bruises; I have sinus infections very frequently and lately I have a low grade fever often with no apparent cause.

September 16, 2010 5:30 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Singulair (montelukast) for Bronchospasm Prophylaxis: I have really bad asthma and nothing seemed to help. I recently started taking Singulair and my asthma has improved unbelievably. No more wheezing and severe headaches. I feel like a new person.

August 1, 2010 8:08 AM
Page 1 2 3 4 Next

Watch this video series to learn about managing severe allergies (anaphylaxis).