User Reviews for Nasonex

Learn more about Nasonex.

Nasonex Rating Summary

7.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 434 medications used in the treatment of Allergic Rhinitis.

Reviews for Nasonex to treat Allergic Rhinitis

"Negligible improvement of Chronic Rhinitis. Multiple nasty side effects including, headaches, sore throat, muscular aches in throat, neck and back as far down as the kidneys, occasional dizziness. These symptoms started after about a week of one puff per nostril per day. And they are persisting six weeks after stopping use of this product. It is like having a mild dose of influenza without any fever or elevated body temperature. It might work for some people, but for me it is very bad news."

Slipstreamer (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2016

"I have been taking Nasonex for 8 years for seasonal allergies to various tree pollens. I get the horribly itchy eyes/nose/palate and runny nose. If I start taking Nasonex a few weeks prior to spring pollen season, it really helps and reduces about 90% of my symptoms. This way, I can still function for the month or two of pollen season. I would recommend this to people with Birch tree allergies."

Koney (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 18, 2016

"I had a cold with a stuffy nose so I don't know why my Doctor prescribed this for me. I wish I could give this product a zero. It did absolutely nothing for me except give me severe nosebleeds. I would love to contact the company to complain but I can't find their contact information anywhere. Worst 50 bucks I ever spent."

ilydietcoke February 24, 2016

"Nasonex worked grateful for my sinuses. It help with preventing headaches. The bad thing is I LOST MY SENSE OF SMELL. I used it for a very short time and stopped when I realized I couldn't smell. It has been over 3 months since I used it. The sense hasn't returned. I also lost my sense for taste. The taste came back after 2 or 3 weeks of not using the product."

Honesty 7 (taken for less than 1 month) February 24, 2016

"I have Allergic Rhinitis since I was a kid unfortunately I was told that there is no cure for this allergy it will be with me for the rest of my life - doctors have always treated my so called sinus issue with Flu medication and sinus medication to be honest it worked for a hour max and I am back where I started. A doctor prescribed Kestine and Nasonex almost 15 years ago I used it for the first two days and every time when we the seasons change. To-date I still use the same products and I don't regret using it since - honestly the best medication available for people who have Allergic Rhinitis. "

Oskido February 10, 2016

"Has never once worked in opening my sinuses during a cold or flu... Pretty much useless as far as I can tell."

Frank245 (taken for less than 1 month) December 25, 2015

"Nasonex worked quickly at helping the inflammation in my throat but I was getting daily headaches so I had to stop using it."

Kiki5150 (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2015

"I began using Nasonex to help with nasal congestion and snoring. Worked really well. I was also on Cymbalta and Lamictal for depression. About the same time I started the Nasonex, I began to suffer from acute, chronic migraines, as many as 20 per month. I went through 5 different neurologists/specialists during a SIX year period in which I was more or less bedridden. When the drug company stopped supplying it in September, I had to stop taking it, and haven't had a migraine since. Doctors need to be made more aware of the link between Nasonex and migraines. This condition is incredibly hard to diagnose and treat, as everyone has different triggers. Doctors don't know- for six years they got nowhere-- I was the one who figured it out."

CateN12 December 15, 2015

"It works well without side effects."

Johnny 5 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 29, 2015

"Nasonex worked great for what it was intended. My nasal passages opened up during the worst allergy season on record, and I didn't want to scratch my face off. I had to stop using it though because it was causing tension headaches and eye weirdness. I even stopped and started again to make sure it was the Nasonex, and it was. Oh well. It's worth trying if your insurance covers it, otherwise it's $200+..."

nckhella (taken for less than 1 month) May 27, 2015

"I went to the doctor because of a serious flu that affected my breathing because of post nasal drips, extreme coughing and fearsome blockage of my throat while coughing. Among two other medicines including general cough medicine, he prescribed Nasonex. This has helped tremendously. It has cleared my nasal passages and it has allowed me to breath properly. It has stopped my heavy snoring which was caused by having to breath through my mouth. I do not know whether I am imagining it, but for years I have had erectile disfunction, so much so that I have given up trying anything to cure it and just accept my condition. However, lately I am getting reasonable erections at night and I wounder if it is some beneficial side effect of Nasonex."

Lenny Boy (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2015

"This is the best product I've ever used for allergies. For a long time, I've suffered terribly with hay fever, which antihistimines controlled but it was the constant itchy face, nose and neck that made life miserable for me and I couldn't find anything to control it. I had tried other nasal sprays but to no avail. A friend recommended Nasonex and I tried it reluctantly. After 1 week of taking it (one spray in each nostril every morning) I am delighted. No more itchiness, sneezing, water eyes and no more misery!! I'm very happy and grateful and I've suffered no side effects so far."

Summertime1777777 April 2, 2015

"Nasonex was prescribed because I can't breathe easily through my nose. It is hard to sleep at night and breathing through my mouth is very troublesome. I would wake several times at night with dry mouth, throat and in the morning, have a raspy voice. Dr thought I might have allergies and thought the Nasonex might open up nasal passages."

Tall Sal (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2015

"I've had an annoying and embarrassing hay fever related symptom for about 10 years. First red eyes and itchy tear ducts which progressed to eyelid twitching. At first my eyelids twitched whenever I sneezed, but then it would happen randomly and increased in frequency. It became so bad I would avoid meetings at the office. I tried the common hayfever medication and some helped off and on but I could never get the darn twitching to stop. A few months ago I saw my doctor for an unrelated issue and he prescribed Nasonex. My hay fever, itchy eyes and eyelid twitching DISAPPEARED within a few days. I feel like a new person now!!!"

Rodr (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 6, 2015

"It worked like a magic for my allergy symptoms. I think it took about 24~48 hours to kick in. Now I only use 1 spray per nostril everyday. If I skip for more than 2 days, I start sneezing again, and that's how I know this medication works. Now I am interested in looking into long-term use."

jingleelle August 25, 2014

"Works great for allergies. I mean AMAZING. My only issue is if I miss a dose, within 12-24 hours I get symptoms of a sinus infection."

MaddScientist98 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 19, 2014

"This nose spray has been working great for me. It has transformed my allergic life from literally not being able to function to the normal me. I can't be more grateful. No side effects at all. It is also amazing how it was effective from the second use onwards. I do recommend the continuous use of it."

MariaHl April 6, 2014

"Magic. I actually used it for congestion/flu."

scotsmand (taken for less than 1 month) April 1, 2013

"I was allergic to it. Developed upper respiratory infection, cough, conjuctivitis, and the final straw was waking up one night with my throat almost swollen shut. The allergist said I had a reaction to it and to stop taking it."

alksy (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2013

"Has eliminated daily sinus headaches and sore throats."

pollengirl (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 29, 2013

"I am a seasonal allergy sufferer ...and some years they are worse than others. This year I have been miserable, always either sneezing continually or not able to breathe, or a continuous runny nose, bleeding nose...tired and just not able to function!! None of this fun or attractive. I remember my doctor prescribing Nasonex a few years back and I went back and asked for it again. Within 2 days I felt back to my normal self and was able to breathe properly. No more lethargy and no more nose bleeds. It truly is a miracle for me with no side effects. "

C.A. (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2012

"Used Nasonex for approximately three weeks. Discontinued use due to headaches and severe impairment of taste (metal taste). Have not used in over one week. Headaches have been relieved, but still have metal taste in mouth."

Anonymous April 2, 2012

"My permanently blocked and stuffed up nose cleared within about 3 days of starting this medication, it was fantastic until about two days later when I began to suffer some serious side effects; hives, conjunctivitis in one eye and flu-like aches and pains. I felt so awful I quit taking the medication that day. Now I'm too scared to try it again! If it hadn't have been for the side effects I would've given 10/10."

Anonymous April 30, 2011

"Couldn't live life without it."

Anonymous October 20, 2010

"I went to see my doctor about inflammation to my throat and a slight bit of congestion in the mornings. He prescribed Nasonex. What a relief. Although my symptoms are probably slight compared to most others, this product was easy to use and effective without the harsh chemical feel or taste associated with other nasal medications. Instead of two sprays per nostril, I have elected to use just one spray in each nostril and found my symptoms relieved. If your opinion of nasal sprays are anything like mine used to be, give Nasonex a try for your seasonal allergies."

SoiCowboy April 9, 2009