User Reviews for Provigil

Learn more about Provigil.

Provigil Rating Summary

9.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 4 medications used in the treatment of Shift Work Sleep Disorder.

Reviews for Provigil to treat Shift Work Sleep Disorder

"I have been on and off Provigil a couple times over the past few years after being diagnosed with sleep apnea. I first started with 100mg and a CPAP machine. I soon began to feel better but the CPAP did not last because I kept ripping it off in the night. So I ended both. Recently I have gone back on Provigil taking 200mg for shift differential disorder because of the long shifts and my inability to stay awake and falling asleep driving. What a difference. I can stay awake for my 12 hour shift and the 1 hour drive each way to work. I feel if I had not gone back on it I most likely would have wrecked to or from work by now. Only down fall is an occasional upset stomach if I don't eat before or immediately after taking it."

sleepybush (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 13, 2015

"It has been a big help since I suffer from excessive daytime sleepiness. I have had surgery for apnea and do shift work."

Miss mia June 6, 2014

"Works well it will keep you up. At the same time if you get off work and need to sleep you still can. Not like other medications. Alert but no strong out feeling."

Anonymous November 25, 2011

"I work a rotating 12 hour shift 3 days, 3 days off, 3 nights. I have been taking 400 mg a day for 5 years and I cannot say anything bad about this medication."

j6ff October 7, 2011

"I have sleep apnea. Sometimes I wake up feeling like I haven't had any sleep. In a fog so to speak. I have gone to sleep sitting at stoplights on the way to work in the morning. This medication does wonders. I still drink my coffee and it helps to boost the effects. I still get sleepy in the afternoon sometimes but I am able to fight it off much better. Before I couldn't and would go to sleep. It is just too expensive. "

Anonymous September 3, 2011

"This is the best medicine I have ever been prescribed, I am fully awake all the time. I have never had a hard time sleeping. I work at a power plant, the only thing I notice, is sometimes my crew mates avoid me, other than that its great."

stormnan mormon May 22, 2011

"There are few drugs these days, developed for something useful and Provigil and Nuvigil are most useful for those of us with shift work disorder."

seasunned April 6, 2011

"Started night shift work again after being on days for 14 years. A friend told me about Provigil. Asked my doctor and got the prescription. Unbelievable! No drowsiness during the night, no spike and drop like caffeine or energy drinks, and fall right to sleep when I get ready to. I'm in the trucking industry and it's great."

Anonymous December 27, 2010

"I was feeling extremely tired and unmotivated after a short time since beginning night shift (emergency worker) duty. My doctor prescribed Provigil. I had never even heard of it before. This is what I need. I am wide awake when I need to be, either day or night and I can still catch a cat nap on duty, and I don't have trouble sleeping in the daytime anymore. I know many people on provigil in emergency services. Almost all of us work nights or rotating shifts. I can't say I have heard of any ill side effects other than dehydration and headache. Drank more water and it all went away."

Anonymous February 8, 2009

111 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Provigil is one of, if not the most effective medicines I have ever been prescribed. I had never heard of it when my doctor prescribed it. At first, I took 100MG 1-2 times a day. Now after 3 years, I take 200MG 2 times daily. "

nivegnalm October 15, 2008

"This medication works wonders for those of us who work swing shift. I don't know how I ever lived before Provigil."

Anonymous October 5, 2008