Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Remeron

Learn more about Remeron.

Major Depressive Disorder 2 reviews 44 medications

9.5
Depression 77 reviews 75 medications

7.4
Summary of Remeron reviews 79 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Remeron

For Anxiety: It is the only medicine that helps me sleep on time and for 7 to 8 hours.

May 3, 2011 9:11 PM

Review by Matt T.:

For Hot Flashes: Causes intense sweating

April 27, 2011 11:35 PM

Review by Getting help!:

For Depression: This medicine is helping me - I feel better in general. I have taken it for 2 weeks and gained 10lbs. All I think about is my next meal and then snacks. It is crazy, I can't help but eat, eat, eat. I have called my doctor to see about switching me to something else. I can't continue gaining weight like this. I may have to find some diet pills to off-set the cravings. If you are depressed and underweight this is the pill for you.

April 21, 2011 3:09 PM

For Depression: I started taking this medication 4 days ago, I was given a prescription for 1 30mg tablet to be taken at night. I am sensitive to medication so the first night I only took 1/2 of a tablet (15mg), I couldn't sleep at all. I was up all night. Finally slept about 2 hours early in the morning. On the flip side, I felt GREAT all day. So that night I took the same dosage. Slept well, and no grogginess. The next day, I took the whole tablet (30mg), and slept from 10pm until 8pm the next day!!! I could NOT get up. My husband was worried so he finally got me up and into the shower. I was okay after that. I took 1/2 tablet (15mg) and went back to bed that night around 2am. Felt fine in the morning. Proper dosage is the key with this medication!

April 4, 2011 10:22 AM

For Insomnia: Remeron worked great for my insomnia and also eliminated anxiety better than any other medicine I have tried. HOWEVER, it made me hungry constantly. The resulting weight gain resulted in diabetes and high blood pressure and exacerbated my sleep apnea. I had to stop taking it because of these adverse effects. Unfortunately, I've not found an acceptable alternative.

March 23, 2011 9:09 AM

For Insomnia: I've been taking 30mg of mirtazipine for over two years with excellent success and regular 8-hour sleep periods that leave me feeling refreshed and well rested.

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 13, 2011 4:23 PM

For Depression: Remeron was amazing for my depression. I felt amazing. I had so much energy, I was sleeping, I was happy, and I felt great. Until I noticed the weight gain. I gained 25 pounds in 4 months. I just couldn't control my eating. I am so upset that I had to stop taking it. I'm back to trying to find a medicine that will help me.

March 12, 2011 8:25 AM

For Depression: Remeron is a unique medicine, since its side effects are sometimes as useful as its antidepressant effects. This medicine literally saved my life. For many years, I was around 90 pounds, and never slept. Now, I'm a healthy 120 and I sleep about 8 or 9 hours per night. It did take a long time to get to this point. When I first started taking it, I was tired all the time and very worried about the ravenous hunger! But now that I've been on it 2 years, I no longer gain weight, I'm no longer tearful and miserable, and I've honestly never been happier. God bless the people who made this drug. It literally saved my life.

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 17, 2011 8:07 PM

Please give this medication at least two weeks to work!! I have had severe panic attacks for a number of years. I am on day 10 of taking 30mg each night and I have finally been able to get out and do the things that had caused instant panic in the past. The first week was hard. I wanted to sleep and eat constantly. After about day 7 I woke and felt great. My mood was good and I have not had a panic attack in a few days now. It is a hard medicine to get used to, but please give it time. It may work as well for you as it has for me.

January 31, 2011 11:32 AM

Review by miclangelo710:

For Depression: I've been taking Remeron for about five months. I was prescribed this medicine to help me fall asleep and I've found that it does work. I haven't had any side effects from it. I also take Effexor XR for depression.

January 26, 2011 1:02 PM

For Insomnia: Remeron helps me to go to sleep when I get ready. I still wake up at night but fall right back to sleep. I haven't noticed any abnormal weight gain or urges to eat more at night.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 7, 2011 10:59 PM

Review by marjorie zych:

For Depression: Remeron has helped me in a great deal. It has helped me sleep which was non-existent for such a long time and I can finally function during the day. Whoever created Remeron needs to be congratulated because nothing and I tried almost everything imaginable to sleep, has made me be able to get some rest. My physical health has benefited from the rest a great deal. The only side effect I have gotten is hunger at night when I take it but it is a very small price to pay that can be fought off. I have not gained any weight but I do get hungry easily though. I am on 45mg and it is wonderful, I can sleep and then get up and actually want to do things. I am on it with Cymbalta which helps with my Fibromyalgia. I highly recommend it.

January 4, 2011 4:44 PM

Review by giaisabella:

For Depression: I started to take Remeron 2 months ago. I've been taking Cymbalta for 3 years and now with Remeron I feel fantastic. I mean, I've gained weight...I used to be really thin, none of my clothes fit me now but I guess to me it is a little price to pay for feeling like I do now (I've been dealing with severe depression for over 10 years). Cymbalta did good to me and now that I'm taking both I feel like I can take over the world.

November 5, 2010 11:04 AM

For Insomnia: Remeron is great for insomnia, start with very small doses and work up. I use the dissolving tablets, easier to break up. Immediately stopped my anxiety. Drawbacks are increased appetite and after prolonged periods of consumption it can affect your blood pressure regulation, mostly noticeable when you stand up fast. Excellent for stopping the racing thoughts. It can be difficult waking up in the beginning but this gets better with time. It also suppressed my sex drive. All in all excellent for those who have tried everything, gotten hooked, suffered withdrawals from the "pines" and need something for sleep.

October 21, 2010 9:39 PM

Review by maryteddybear:

For Depression: Have been taking Remeron for a few weeks now. Sleeping a lot better but isn't really doing much for anxiety. Sort of making it a little worse. First time I have ever taken it so maybe it will take a little longer but so far so good.

October 21, 2010 1:30 PM

Review by 888pancakes:

For Depression: I tried a whole other whack of anti-depressants before trying Remeron and nothing. I mean, nothing worked for me. In fact, other anti-depressants made me more depressed. I mean seriously deeply darkly depressed but not Remeron. Remeron, honestly, is a dream medicine for me. It has improved my cat allergies by 80%, my sleep by 90% and my mood by 80%. It's amazing. However, it's true what they say about the munchies. I have to tell myself, almost nightly, that no, I don't need to get up and make a stack of pancakes at 11 pm. I have dreams about food, chocolate, donuts. It's pretty funny. The other side effect is my hands are swollen (edema), that side effect I'm not liking but we'll see how it goes. I've been on it for 2 months now.

October 6, 2010 2:30 PM

For Anxiety: Remeron helped my anxiety, but came with side effects. The worst was an uncontrollable appetite and subsequent weight-gain. But everyone is different.

September 20, 2010 7:30 AM

Review by bebsxo:

For Depression: I've been on Mirtazapine for 10 months. It doesn't help to lift my mood but it was put in place to help with my insomnia I had from my CFS. I've been on 15mg, 30mg and 45mg none of these helped with my depression. But it did help me to sleep for 8 months on 30mg. Only bad side effect was it made me extremely hungry and I put on 2 stone. 15mg was the most sedating - although that's even stopped working for me now.

July 23, 2010 2:13 PM

Review by xmazx2000x:

For Insomnia: I take 45mg of mirtazapine! It helps me fall asleep but I still wake every 1 1/2hours or so, it has helped with my depression but like other users my appetite has gone through the roof.

July 12, 2010 5:32 PM

For Depression: Remeron saved my life. I was unable to take SSRIs and SNRIs-they made me horribly nauseous. It was a year before my doctor prescribed Remeron. Thank God she did. After a solid year of almost total sleep deprivation I could finally sleep beautifully. Keeps the depression and anxiety completely in check. I regained the weight I had lost (about 20 lbs) due to the depression but have not gone over my pre-depression weight of 150 lbs - 5"7" 50 years old.

June 17, 2010 2:04 PM

For Depression: Had a deep depression combined with insomnia. I was helped from the first day with Remeron, it was an incredible feeling! The side effect is increased appetite. But since I know it's a side effect I can control it. It's better to feel hungry than to feel like the end is near ... Have been on it for a month now and still fall a sleep as a baby after less then 30 minutes when taken the pill. My doctor recommends that I continue with it for approximately 4 more months and then lower the dose (from 30 to 15 mg) and phase it out after a month or so. Let's see what happens, but it's really great now!

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 14, 2010 5:09 AM

I was put on the Remeron initailly for insomnia. It caused me to gain a little weight but I only weighed about 95 lbs. so that was a plus for me. I took it for about 7 years. Then the sleep got worse and Ambien was added. I have been diagnosed with anxiety, stress, and panic disorder as well as fibromyalgia. It finally got to a point where nothing was working. Two sleep specialists later, I am just dealing. I had to quit work because of the inability to sleep and function in my job. I am on Seroquel for sleep which has caused me to gain about 25 lbs unfortunately it has been the only thing that has helped with the sleep and the Klonopin. Remeron was great for depression and sleep for about 7 years. I gained very little weight from it and it works.

May 5, 2010 12:59 AM

For Depression: I started this for depression and insomnia, mostly the insomnia. When I first started taking this I pretty much slept 3 days straight. I have not noticed any difference in my depression or anxiety during the day and am 15 pounds heavier. I want to stop taking this but my doctor won't replace it with anything else to help me sleep. I am hungry constantly, I can't stop eating. It would be worth it if it helped my depression and anxiety.

April 24, 2010 12:15 AM

Review by alpha22:

For Depression: Worked well as a sleep aid but after a few months its became ineffective.

April 14, 2010 12:32 PM

Review by bsansby:

For Depression: Remeron at low doses worked beautifully for my insomnia. At high doses (I was on 90mg. at one point for depression), it was useless for me. As my doctor once put it, "For depression, Remeron is not a heavy lifter." But for insomnia, it was a God send. The only problem came when I tried to wean myself off of it. I had little trouble until I got down to a quarter pill (0.375mg). I got terrible rebound insomnia and eventually had to go back on. It also made me gain 14 pounds.

April 1, 2010 9:23 PM