User Reviews for Remeron (Page 4)

Learn more about Remeron.

Depression 90 reviews 77 medications

7.4
Major Depressive Disorder 13 reviews 46 medications

6.8
Summary of Remeron reviews 103 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Remeron

For Depression "I've been on every antidepressant out there. I finally found what works! It is also very mild, which is a wonderful change from all of the other heavier medications I have been on. I too experienced much needed weight gain."

Anonymous April 6, 2012

For Insomnia "I have been taking Remeron for about 3 years now and only recently are the side effects bothering me. I started taking it to counterbalance my ADHD medication so I could sleep at night. However I stopped taking my ADHD medicines and I have noticed weight gain. I'm assuming its a bit of both medicines though. Also, the drowsiness is becoming a big issue as I am sleeping through my 9am classes and I have a hard time getting awake for a long period of time. I do however love that I can sleep through the night and fall asleep fast, which has always been an issue for me. I also love the vivid dreams!"

Anonymous March 28, 2012

For Insomnia "Well, it works. Prescribed 7.5mg prior to bedtime and it will take you down---initially. Found it wasn't effective at that dose beyond a week or so and reminded me of trazodone or doxepin. Those who know are familiar with the overly sedated feeling and NOTHING like a natural, drowsy sleep onset. Fairly cheap, made me gain weight due to increased appetite."

Anonymous March 5, 2012

For Depression "My doctor had me try this after several other current anti-depressants failed. It gave me bad nightmares every night for the three weeks I tried it. The last night I took it, my dog (who sleeps with me) was frantically licking my face to wake me out of my nightmare. That was enough. I then went to an old medicine, imipramine, that has proved effective in controlling my depression and anxiety."

Anonymous February 21, 2012

For Depression "I have been on Remeron a little over 3 months for depression and anxiety. It has changed my life after years of insomnia and depressio. I think I finally found what works for me. The first couple of weeks are rough though, I felt tired all the time especially the first day I slept 21 hours! It gets better after about 3 weeks. I am depression free and I sleep a whole lot better than I used to. If you are afraid of the side effects don't worry they will diminish after about a couple of weeks ..just stick it out it's well worth it. I have taken almost every anti-depressant in the books and Remeron is the only one that has worked for me. I think you should give it a try it works for a lot of people!"

Anonymous February 21, 2012

120 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "Been on it 2 weeks for anxiety, insomnia and depresion, 30mg at night. Love it. Sleep like a baby, wake up refreshed and energy levels have risen, feel so happy, not feeling high or anything, just seem to feel normal, which I haven't felt in 10 years, only kind of downside is that I can't stop eating! And not sugars and carbs! I eat almost anything that is available to me, if there is only a bag of salad in the fridge I will eat the whole thing! The last time I had an appetite like this I was a very active teenager. I've already gained half a stone in 2 weeks and I was 11 stone to start with. My family are all overweight and I'm just a little worried I wont be able to control it! Help please."

catlady80 January 19, 2012

For Depression "I'm in the Marine Corps, and I've been on Remeron for a little over a month now for anxiety, depression and insomnia, and gained 15 lbs. I get about 8 hrs of sleep a night. But, if you have a job that requires you to be a certain weight I would advise you to ask the doctor for something else. I quit taking it because of that and literally cannot sleep again because I have to "weigh in" soon. Now I'm back to not sleeping and I literally have not eaten for 3 days just so I can make the right weight. Wish me luck!"

Anonymous January 18, 2012

For Depression "I started this medicine 7 days ago. I have anxiety and depression. I taken Prozac for almost 11 years and I really couldn't tell any difference this past year. So now I'm trying different medicines that might help me. So I have tried Celexa, Effexor and now Remeron. The first day was okay I felt really relaxed and hungry. Then after the 2nd day I started feeling really weird like my heart is jumping in my body moves with it also my dreams are very weird they are about me dreaming. It really scared me, so I quit taking it. "

beccabb December 25, 2011

For Insomnia "I have been taking Remeron for about two months now and it doesn't help me go to sleep but it does help me stay asleep. I have to literally force myself to get up in the morning. It does make me eat more though and that is the only side effect that I have noticed so far but overall its been working great."

Anonymous December 19, 2011

For Depression "The extreme sleepiness and lack of efficacy ceased like a light switch - suddenly, after a couple of weeks of sleepy torture that didn't help at all, it WORKED for my depression and the sleepiness was GONE. I woke up one morning to find I could breath without the feeling of having my lungs filled with tar (one symptom of my depression). I stayed on it for 2 years, and it alleviated my depression continuously while allowing me to feel like "myself." However, it did make me hungry and I gained about 15 lbs. Worth it. When life improved, I tapered off, and have been fine ever since. If you try it, give it a chance. My doctor said 60% of his patients report a "light switch" experience with it."

kargiver December 6, 2011

97 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "For two years, I have had chronic nausea that starts about an hour after waking up and lasts through mid afternoon. It is so bad I usually have to skip lunch. For various reasons, I believed it was anxiety-related, and after some research, asked my doctor if I could try mirtazapine due to its anti-anxiety, antiemetic, and appetite-stimulating properties. I could not be happier! The nausea was better the first day after taking it, and within two or three days was totally gone. I finally have my appetite back, too. I don't know that I'd recommend this medicine to people who are overweight, but for those who can afford or even want to gain weight it can be a lifesaver!"

Anonymous November 23, 2011

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Insomnia "I love the Remeron."

Anonymous November 15, 2011

For Depression "I was given Remeron for depression, although my diagnosis remains mood disorder, I was given Abilify as well because I have some psychotic symptoms and bipolar runs in the family. Remeron does not help with my sleep which is disappointing. I still have trouble with my self-esteem but I have noticed improvements in my attitude. I can control anxiety much better and feel more relaxed going about my day. I have only been taking it for 3 weeks. I wish I felt better about myself but maybe medicines are not the help I need for that."

Anonymous October 28, 2011

For Insomnia "Woke up with very blurry vision for 3 hours....was scary! It made me sleep well, but the appetite increase was horrific. I literally thought about food the whole day. Did not take again. I have a spinal condition and could have easily put on 20lbs in a month on this, that is if I could find the fridge with my blurry vision. This is a common side effect with this medicine."

jamie5136 October 2, 2011

For Anxiety "I was suffering extreme anxiety, weight loss and insomnia due to a diagnosed medical condition. I tried several sleep aids and SSRIs. Nothing worked. Because of the weight loss I was prescribed Remeron. It was a Miracle for me! I slept through the night for the first time in months, relieved anxiety and I started gaining weight. Over time, my anxiety went away, but I stayed on because I loved having an appetite (I had no appetite for years). I guess I stayed on too long. After 6 years I decided I should get off. I was dependent. I suffered flu like symptoms for weeks--nausea, exhaustion, gastrointestinal upset, feeling like low-grade fever. I finally got rid of the nausea, but if I'm off for 2 weeks, the gastrointestinal upset creeps in. I now take 3.25mg 1X week."

Anonymous September 27, 2011

For Insomnia "As a sleep aid it is good, HOWEVER the abnormal and lucid dreams have caused some days to be clouded due to the "feel" from the nights before. I have also experienced crazy "sleep talking" to the point where my boyfriend can actually have full on conversations with me while I'm sleeping and dreaming. Weight gain has been substantial due to what I call a ravenous hunger."

wheeldonsgirl September 19, 2011

For Anxiety "After 4 LONG years of "experimenting" with Lexapro, Paxil and benzos on and off with my regular MD, I decided to see a Psychiatrist that's very popular in my city. I told him my symptoms and that I was also going through Ativan tolerance withdrawal. He prescribed me Remeron and agreed to wean me off the Ativan properly. I don't know why my regular MD didn't try this miracle medicine on me! GRR!! This changed me overnight. It has STOPPED my nervous stomach and I'm eating again. I sleep good too. A few side effects would be the flashing lights you see when you close your eyes the 1st night I took it, and restless legs and vivid dreams but those are slowly disappearing. This medicine has helped me drastically."

Anonymous September 15, 2011

152 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Insomnia "Helped with my insomnia but slept too long. Went to sleep at 11pm and slept till 5pm the next day. I did not take a dose the next night and still woke up groggy."

Anonymous September 11, 2011

For Anxiety "My doctor put me on Remeron trying to ween me off of Xanax and it was a horrible alternative. It gave me one of the worst panic attacks I've ever had. Once I eventually fell asleep, waking up the next morning was quite difficult as it felt like I was hit with a train."

joe324234 September 1, 2011

For Insomnia "I suffered from insomnia for over 10 years. I tried everything under the sun from behavioral modification to herbal supplements to prescription drugs. I started 7.5 mg of Remeron and 7.5 mg of Restoril 5 months ago and I have never slept better. I am so thankful to have found these medications. The first few days I was a bit dizzy and disoriented. And, yes, I have the 10 lb weight gain but that is slowly coming off with proper diet and exercise. This medication literally saved my life."

Anonymous July 31, 2011

For Depression "I recently started Remeron after trying Buspar for anxiety/depression and insomnia. I have a dysfunctional family like many others but they are the root of the issues that I started having. Buspar was a waste of time for the most part, helped with anxiety some but pushed the depression on. I now take 30 mg at night as well as 0.25mg of Klonopin. I am sleeping better but as many have said, very hard to get out of bed. It has been only 4 days and I will stick with it as I am not happy, but also starting to feel less depressed, maybe because I am sleeping better."

InsaneinSTL July 17, 2011

For Depression "I have been on every SSRI out there and they do nothing for me. I was on Remeron about 5 years ago and noticed a significant lift in my depression and felt as I did before I suffered from depression. It also allowed me to get the sleep I struggle so hard to get every night. After a layoff with no insurance I came off Remeron. I recently have suffered from major depressive disorder and was put on what was supposed to be the best of the best Lexapro. After a year I still saw no difference except for the lack of sex and asked my psychiatrist to switch me to Remeron. He was surprised but did so with no objection and I'm currently tapering off the Lexapro and only two weeks into it I am beginning to feel much better already."

serenity0322 July 13, 2011

For Anxiety "I've been taking this for anxiety, depression and insomnia. I've only been on this for a few days now, so all I can notice is I am sleeping better. All of the reviews I have read help me understand a lot more about the medicine. Thank you all for that. The main thing I hope it helps with is my anxiety. I will post a review later on when its in my system and hopefully doing what it is intended to do. Again thank you all for your input. It has been very helpful."

the goofy one July 8, 2011

For Depression "I have been on Remeron for about 2 months. It has helped a little with my depression, which is good but I am getting too many side effects. After reading all the comments I will be calling my doctor in the morning. I used to get a good nights sleep but since on Remeron I don't sleep. I am gaining weight and also having a lot of hot flashes. I don't know if it is related to this medication but since on Remeron my restless leg syndrome is back. "

Anonymous July 8, 2011

For Anxiety "I just started this medicine two weeks ago. I'm 5'5" and 99 lbs. I was suffering also from extreme anxiety. I've used one to two mgs of Xanax to sleep for years. The sleep doctor I see decided to add Remeron to the Xanax and I'm so pleased with the results in so far as anxiety and especially my appetite. I've gained 5 lbs in the first two weeks and would like to get back to about 118lbs or so. "

susanbcork July 7, 2011