User Reviews for Mirtazapine

Also known as: Remeron, Remeron SolTab

Learn more about Mirtazapine.

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder 4 reviews 13 medications

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder 12 reviews 5 medications

7.2
Summary of Mirtazapine reviews 356 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Mirtazapine

For Insomnia: "I have tried so many things for my insomnia and evening panic attacks. This one works wonders. No more panic attacks at night. No more lying awake for hours."

Oohyayathrowaway July 27, 2015

For Anxiety: "Was prescribed mirtazipine after citalopram failed to lift my depression and anxiety. I must say I was in a deep depression, you know, the place where everything is gloomy and hopeless and you just want to crawl into some cave and die. 15mg for the first couple of weeks nearly made me give up hope on this drug. The lethargy, hopelessness and anxiety deepened. I am into my third week and I have upped the dose to 30mg as prescribed and I feel completely different. The anxiety is reducing by the day, I feel hopeful, upbeat and for once in eight months, I wake up in the morning with a spring in my steps. The zombie days seem to be disappearing. Mirtazipine is working for me and I hope it works for anyone who has started taking it."

ofra (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2015

For Insomnia: "I have found Mirtazapine to be a very safe drug with almost no side effects! I not not only had depression, but couldn't eat or sleep. My psychiatrist is excellent. It has been a delicate issue because I was still on 25 nortriptyline. Finally, I've been on both for a few weeks. I do hope that my doctor will eventually have me only on Mertazapine & no nortriptyline."

Tellita July 24, 2015

For Depression: "I've been suffering from depression since I was in my teens. However, I've just been diagnosed with it 1 month ago. I had been having major panic attacks and anxiety issues, so much to the stage I thought people were following me. The doctor prescribed me Mirtazapine which I was rather anxious about taking, due to reviews online. The first night I took it I went to bed and became really twitchy and restless through the night, I had spells where I woke up during the night. After the first night I had the best sleep ever, I slept till late which was rare, I have had a better outlook on life, I still have my low days and times where I don't want to get out of bed and times where I just want to run away. The doctor has now upped my dose to 30mg"

Eerba July 20, 2015

For Depression: "I have been on so many SSRIs over the last 30 years. Nothing has decreased the dark place I was always in. It has caused my friends and family to try and disguise the depression. Very sceptical about Remeron. Last night was night 1 and woke up twice for potty, no probs. Woke up and it only took 2 hours to be alert. It works. I'm not in the dark place, I feel good.If it keeps getting better then I thank God. For the most part I can think clearly , just a hint of anxiety but so grateful.Don't be afraid to try it."

GINNYROZE (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2015

For Insomnia: "I have never been able to sleep more than 6 hrs. even when I was young. As I aged I began having trouble sleeping more than 3 hrs at a whack. My doctor prescribed Mirtazapine 15mg. at bedtime. It has changed my life! I sleep a full 5 to 7 hours most every night. I actually feel normal. I have tried various anti depressants for the last 25 yrs, Effexor works best for me."

thetaz July 13, 2015

For Depression: "Mirtazapine worked for me.Or is it that my circumstances became more favorable in treating my depression? im slightly on the fence with the outcome, its made me incredibly level headded and monotone, boring even! Which is totally out of character for me.. this was alot better than not being able to cope with day to day life.. night one of taking a 15mg tablet gave me a good night sleep however for the following 2-3 days i became very "strange" anxious and jittery..i think this was my brain adjusting to the meds. 6 months in im ready to stop taking it, if stacked on 7 kgs in the process which isny doing anything for my self esteem, not sure that this drug increased my appetite but gave me a who cares attitude and ill eat whatever i want!"

Shirleymirley July 12, 2015

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Depression: "Remeron was a wonder drug for me the first month of taking it. First week - felt so happy, was eating like a pig (I'm underweight so that was amazing to see me gain so much in a week) I slept like a baby the first night and all the rest of the time I was on it. I would knock out at like 11 when I'd usually fall asleep at like 4 or 5. then the second month came around.. not sure if it was something else but I started experiencing intrusive thoughts and my OCD started kicking in A LOT. my doc took me off and now I'm spiraling down again. not sure if it was the med.. but this med worked well for awhile!"

BringOnTheRain July 5, 2015

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Depression: "I've been taking remeron for a few weeks, doctor prescribed it for major anxiety and sleeplessness, as well as depression. He also thought it would help with weight gain, which I needed. Has helped with everything but the depression. Anxiety has mostly subsided to the point where I'm not paralyzed. Have gained about 5 lbs in the past two weeks, and my sleep is uninterrupted. Was very groggy in the morning at first until 10 or 11 am but that's gotten slightly better over time. Depression has not subsided, considering asking for something else to help with that."

big_p (taken for less than 1 month) June 23, 2015

For Depression: "It improved my mood significantly and made me sleep well, but I gained a stone in a month which made me more depressed, also feeling chronic fatigue all the time which made working impossible, not being able to exercise and continue gaining weight made it counter productive. Also I feel because I forced myself doing all the normal stuff whilst being exhausted, I was becoming ill very often."

Algi21 June 16, 2015

For Anxiety: "I must say, Mirtazipine was extremely helpful for my anxiety/depression along with taking Fluvoxamine for anxiety, depression, and ocd. A lot of the physical symptoms of anxiety as well as mental symptoms have diminished. Concentration has also improved. Although, the weight gain from increased appetite and the sluggish feeling in the morning has become problematic. I have my mind set on discontinuing."

DylPill90 June 11, 2015

For Depression: "This medication saved my life. It made me gain weight but it took me out of the dark place i was in."

Lorenza2000 June 11, 2015

For Insomnia: "My shrink gave me this med almost 2 years ago and for me, it has helped a great deal with my insomnia. i take a 30mg at bedtime and 9 times at of 10, i am asleep within 90 minutes. I thank my shink everytime i see him"

JOEPAL64 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 10, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I've been taking Mirtazapine for two months. I have not experienced any side effects I know of. It helps me sleep, and it helps with my depression."

Anonymous June 8, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I was diagnosed with PTSD at first I was on 15mg of valium a day ( this kept me calm and clued on) , then my doctor put me on 15mg of Mirtazapine . I found it turned me into a moody, brain dead zombie the next day, even if I had it at 6pm at night I wouldn't be out of bed until at least 12pm the next day and I would still be tired. I ended up putting on heaps of weight, having worse mood swings and trouble falling alseep when I was on Mirtazapine. I have PTSD but I am NOT depressed, I tried to explain this to my Doctor but she didn't pay much attention, im wondering if that may have something to do with the way my body reacted. Personally I prefer 15 mg of valium, I'm calm and can still function 100%"

Anonymous June 2, 2015

For Anxiety: "Excellent for anxiety and sleep. No more sweaty palms and inner tension. 15mg at bedtime and sleep like a baby. No side effects - increased appetite though."

hein (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 26, 2015

For Insomnia: "I have been taking Matazapine for just over 2 years now. I have a fear of dieing in my sleep so never really relaxed when I had to go to sleep and would be up all night. When I started taking them I was on out like a light I couldn't keep my eyes open and they really helped me sleep real quick. 2 years on they still help me sleep not to the point I am struggling to keep my eyes open but to a more natural state which is what I liked about them as they help your body adjust over time. I am now on 30mg and when I take them it relaxes me to help me go to sleep naturally with out thinking about it. I recommend this to any one who struggles with insomnia/ death fear like I did. It's worth trying to get yourself back on track with your sleep."

RetroDolly (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 21, 2015

For Depression: "Didn't do much for my depression, but caused extreme hypersalivation and involuntary muscle movement of the mouth and tongue."

jasarthur (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2015

For : "I was put on 15mg of Mirtazapine to help with anxiety and depression. I also sometimes have trouble sleeping due to anxiety. My doctor said this would help with sleep. I took it at bedtime and fell asleep right away. I slept about 11 hours. I woke up and was exhausted and I was starving. I was craving junk food; sweets and salty things. I ate a bowl of cereal and stayed up for about a half hour before having to go back to sleep. I slept another 2 hours. I felt groggy and like I was in a fog for the rest of the day. I finally had to lay down and sleep for another half hour, to shake off this feeling. I am never taking it again. It makes me feel like a robot."

Nicole_xoxo (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2015

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "This is perfect for sleep at 7.5 or less. Get to sleep easily, with no worrisome thoughts before bed. I was taking it for depression after a no-go with Prozac. I couldn't handle the fatigue at therapeutic dose and now I use Wellbutrin XL 300 in morning and Remeron 7.5 at bed. I take the wellbutrin at 6am then go back to bed. When I get up at 8, I already have a lift from the Wellbutrin, one cup of coffee and absolutely no fatigue. Happy, less anxious, lost a few pounds and no sexual problems. I love this combination, and don't feel a need to change or add anything. I am curious how a higher dose of Remeron would be now, but I would hate to lose the fabulous sleep effect I get now. I am guaranteed to sleep within 30 mins. Great meds!"

Vinylfind (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 15, 2015

For Insomnia: "I took 7.5 mg and it worked. Had a great nights sleep. Felt very very tired and sluggish all day. Have read multiple reviews that say this should subside. I will cut the 7.5 in half for tonight to see if I can get the sleeping results without the exhaustion the next day. I don't take any mess more than I absolutely have to."

Still Searching 72 1/2 (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2015

For Insomnia: "This drug works FAST. I'm 14 years old and have been having sleeping problems when I'm tossing and turning and can't fall asleep, anxiety where I can't even go in the car, eating and weight problems (loss of appetite), depression which is taking over my life making me suicidal and PTSD and OCD. My doc first prescribed Zoloft, didn't do me any good just made me feel so much sicker with its horrible side effects and make me feel more suicidal and hopeless so I stopped, but my Doc then prescribed me this Remeron. first night? out like a light in 30 mins. woke up the next morning feeling refreshed. started eating breakfast, went from 82 lbs to 89 in a week (good news for me). If anyone as a teen has my symptoms consider remeron!!"

fastestchachi May 9, 2015

For Depression: "I was prescribed this for depression and take 15 mg daily. I have an amazing nights sleep, at least 9 hours so go to bed early so I am able to be alert the next day. I get restless legs just before falling asleep and am occasionally constipated and have quite vivid dreams but the uplift in my mood is worth a few side effects."

Codders (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2015

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Depression: "The first time my doctor prescribed this medication I ate 2 whole large pizzas a family size Lasagna, 2 sandwiches and some desserts all in one sitting. The day after I decided to get off of it. I then realized I couldn't sleep very well and I had some depression which otherwise at the time nothing else was helping me cope with besides my Buspar/Klonopin. Thus I continued my dosage of 15mg (it is true at least for me the lower dosage is higher sedating) of the medication and once I figured out a way of controlling the 1-2 hour boost of what seemed an infinite metabolism. I felt awesome if only for a short while then and immediate beauty sleep followed. Definitely recommend this to anyone with sleep problems."

Pops91 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 25, 2015

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Depression: "I'm in recovery from substance abuse for years and this is the first thing that has really worked for me."

Double M (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 24, 2015