User Reviews for Mirtazapine

Also known as: Remeron, Remeron SolTab

Learn more about Mirtazapine.

Insomnia 45 reviews 96 medications

7.6
Summary of Mirtazapine reviews 244 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Mirtazapine

Review by braddo1972: User Rating:

mirtazapine for Anxiety: At first it was great for sleep which is the cause of my anxiety. I'm having some good night's and a couple of bad nights more good than bad.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 5, 2014 4:02 PM
Review by garrettm11 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

mirtazapine for Depression: I was seriously depressed! Thought I would never be the same. Remeron has been a lifesaver! It took 2 weeks before I started to feel the effects and at 5 weeks I feel like my old self. Side effects for me were sleepiness in the first week and has not been bad since. A few headaches and alot of eating, but I need the weight anyways. Don't let the weight side effects keep you from trying Remeron. They will subside. Give this medicine a try. Well worth it.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 25, 2014 10:47 PM
Review by SSue13: User Rating:

mirtazapine for Depression: This has given me my life back combined with Cymbalta. I haven't felt this good in years.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 23, 2014 5:48 AM
Review by Susan W. (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

mirtazapine for Insomnia: Started taking it for sleep and it works like a charm. Big problem? I knew I was packing on the pounds due to winter, etc., but was mortified when I went to the doctor today and got weighed. Twenty pounds in 3 months? I'm don't want to stop taking it, so I'm trying to break 15 mg. tabs in half. I can say that I will HAVE to find an alternative if that doesn't do the trick. The weight gain far outweighs any benefits I've gotten.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 22, 2014 1:11 AM
Review by Mike VT (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Depression: No sexual side effects as with SSRI's.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 21, 2014 2:22 PM
Review by hippy bill: User Rating:

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Depression: After trying these for about 5 week's had to go back to Dr to change. I felt worse than I'd ever felt in my life I was so angry all the time for no reason, I cried more than I did before medicines for the first time ever I was thinking about suicide. It also gave me a massive appetite gained about ten pounds, which I didn't need so these definitely do not work for me fingers crossed my new ones will.

March 18, 2014 8:58 AM
Review by Little Momma (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Depression: Caused restless leg syndrome.

March 12, 2014 6:01 PM
Review by Jazzy 78 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

mirtazapine for Depression: Now it's around two weeks and I am promoted to 30mg from 15mg three days ago. My side effect still same, When I go to bed to sleep or try to sleep I immediately wake up due to panic or extreme anxiety and it looks like extreme dehydration or heart attack is going to happen. I fight with this for one to two hours in half sleep and half awake situation then go to sleep and wake up in the morning. Any one faced same problem or side effect. Doctor says its normal to have panic attack during first four weeks.

February 18, 2014 12:24 AM
Review by Amazed40 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

mirtazapine for Insomnia: I was prescribed 15mg tablets to take one at night for sleep (or Doctor said 7.5mg was fine). I suffered from Anxiety (No Severe Phobias; more Obsessive Compulsive Disorder type personality), and Depression. This medicine affects your sleep feeling natural, not zombied. I sleep longer, it works better than heavy sedation medicines without being groggy, and I get through all the proper stages of sleep (I'd assume), as it has helped my depression MAJORLY & anxiety sufficient enough. I use to take Seroquel (for bedtime sleep 100mg), it zombies you and is long term very bad for your health. I tried about every SSRI & SNRI, and none seemed to help & only cause problems. I haven't felt this good in 8 years. Felt better immediately & GREAT after 2 weeks! Hope it helps you.

February 16, 2014 6:25 PM
Review by Carmen810 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Depression: Love it. Been prescribed it for 3 months. Works great and makes me feel more happier and also improves my sleep

February 12, 2014 12:49 AM
Review by Jazzy78: User Rating:

mirtazapine for Insomnia: Just started the tablet 15mg two days ago. Today is the 3rd day and by far the worst drowsiness I am facing. Cannot do anything in the office. As soon as I go to sleep I wake up, may be due to anxiety or side effect. Last both nights I took it at 8.00PM and went to bed at 9:00PM and at 10:PM I woke up due to severe anxiety attack. Tried couple of times and then finally went to sleep may be at 10:30PM and then woke up at 5:30 AM in the morning. After that Zombie Phase started and it never finished. Weekend is coming and want to sleep for at least 20 hours. A little better than previous in terms of anxiety and depression, I was never on medication before but was using Valium and Xanax frequently for sleep and these were working well.

February 7, 2014 2:35 AM
Review by Awesummzzz (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

mirtazapine for Depression: I've been on Remeron for a month now and it's the only pill that has worked as both an anti-depressant and a sleeping pill as I require both. I used Zoloft for a while and it did nothing as I have an extremely high medication tolerance. I'm on 30 mg and I haven't had to move my dosage.

February 4, 2014 7:34 AM
Review by kmllml (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Depression: I have been on Remeron since last April. Wonderful!! Nothing else worked..tried everything in the past 4 years. Gained 20 pounds but was so happy to feel better until my blood work showed a high increase in my cholesterol which is stated in info so check yours out. I am now trying Paxil but if does not work will have to go back on Remeron and a Cholesterol pill which I am not happy about but the good out weighs the bad. Anyone else have this problem....

February 1, 2014 10:13 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

mirtazapine for Anxiety: I was prescribed venalfaxine and after 10 days I experienced terrifying symptoms. I stopped taking it immediately, to the annoyance of the psychiatrist who had given it. He then prescribed mirtazapine which I took at 15mg for 2 weeks with some success. After 10 days on Mirt I had three nights of heigtened anxiety, although nothing as bad as before taking the mirt. The psychiatrist then suggested upping my mirt to 30mg. I did this for 2 nights and felt dreadful. Last night I reverted to 15mg and I intend to stay on it. I think it is worth remembering that taking drugs that 'mess with our heads' is not like taking pain killers. If 15mg is good it does not mean that 30mg is better.

January 20, 2014 12:43 PM
Review by Nuttymut (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

mirtazapine for Insomnia: I live in the UK and have sufferred with undiagnosed depression until I was 8 years old. Since diagnosis I've bumped along the bottom with little or no real help from my GP's. After 13 years I insisted I was referred to a sleep clinic. I was sent to a Neurologist. He put me on Mirtazapine to help me sleep. It did help greatly and I am now able to get through the day without any overwhelming need to sleep. I was kept on Cipralex whilst I went onto the Mirtazapine and could tolerate the new medication well. I have tried to come off the Cipralex but have not done too well without it. So I remain on 45mg Mirtazapine, 20mg of Cipralex and a vitamin supplemet of 400 iu's per day.

January 12, 2014 3:05 PM
Review by D Markowsky: User Rating:

mirtazapine for Insomnia: I've been taking 15 mg mirtazapine for about 6 months. I love it. I am finally sleeping again. Other than not feeling depressed and sleeping, I haven't noticed any side effects.

January 9, 2014 6:47 PM
Review by Lind300: User Rating:

mirtazapine for Depression: I was given Mirtazapine as an add on to my treatment with Zoloft for major depression and anxiety. Made me extremely tired to the point where I almost couldn't form a sentence and didn't care about anything but sleeping (and eating). It did help a little with the anxiety, but not at all with the depression, it made it worse since I had no energy whatsoever.

January 5, 2014 11:03 AM
Review by Johnnie from Sydney (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

mirtazapine for Anxiety: I started taking 15 mg at night about 6 weeks ago for anxiety/insomnia and mood problems. I started to feel some relief after just a few and have begun to feel a lot better as time goes on, my doctor advised me to increase my dosage to 30 mg (1 pill) after 2 weeks but I found it was too much for me and got quite overwhelmed by the way I felt whilst at work one day which was not a pleasant experience! However since going back down to half a tablet each night things have really leveled out for me! My anxiety is much much lower and I don't feel depressed at all. At present, for me the best part is being able to sleep well most nights as lack of sleep was becoming a real problem, do have to watch my food and alcohol intake but that's a good thing!

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 4, 2014 10:46 PM
Review by Charlotte, NC (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

mirtazapine for Insomnia: I have been taking "Mirtazapine" for 2 years. I was under weight with no appetite and was taking over the counter medicines to sleep. I was 40 years old weighing 89lbs before my doctor prescribe me this medicine - 2 years later I'm 111 lbs and sleep well every night. This really worked for me I would recommend this if you need to gain weight (because it makes you hungry) and if you have trouble falling asleep and staying asleep.

December 31, 2013 4:37 PM
Review by Natasha23 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

mirtazapine for Depression: This medicine made me gain a lot of weight. Whilst I was on this medication I was constantly hungry. So aside from being so very tired on the medicines I put on the weight too. So I had to change medication.

December 26, 2013 11:47 PM
Review by PunkBear (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

mirtazapine for Anxiety: This medicine has been awesome for me. Depression and anxiety seemed to just go away after about a month. I started on 7.5mg then slowly went up to 30mgs. Don't mix with alcohol. And being a writer...the dreams (very vivid) are inspiring and wonderful to experience.

December 26, 2013 12:50 AM
Review by RC11234 (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Depression: I had been taking Remeron for about 6 months. I am 23 years of age and have had sleep problems my whole life. For 6 months my life was great. Everything seemed just perfect. 2 months ago I decided to stop taking it cold turkey. BAD idea. Within the last month the side effects began to kick in. Extreme anxiety, anger, sleeplessness, overall feeling of worthlessness came upon me. It was absolutely terrible! Today my doctor put me back on the medicine and tonight I'll be taking it again. I am so excited to see what lies ahead. If you take Remeron PLEASE do not quit taking it cold turkey on your own. Seek a doctors advice.

December 20, 2013 10:38 PM
Review by Dan93: User Rating:

mirtazapine for Depression: I started taking mirtazapine 30mg about 2 weeks ago, after many other antidepressants I have found this one really good. I am a thin guy and always have been, I have gained weight in a good way and sleep really well. I also wake up feeling really alert and active.

December 14, 2013 10:21 PM
Review by cornix: User Rating:

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Depression: Constantly hungry so gained a lot of weight.

December 13, 2013 5:41 PM
Review by danny890456 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

mirtazapine for Anxiety: So far so good.... been on all sorts of anti depressants and this one works the best! No sexual decrease like others. I do want to eat all the time but I work out and am very active. I sleep so much better now and my anxiety and panic attacks are gone. I was also prescribed 2mg Valuim which I rarely take now because of Remeron. Been taking 4 weeks now.

December 11, 2013 1:13 PM