User Reviews for Mirtazapine

Also known as: Remeron, Remeron SolTab

Learn more about Mirtazapine.

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder 4 reviews 13 medications

Depression 161 reviews 75 medications

7.6
Summary of Mirtazapine reviews 340 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Mirtazapine

For Insomnia: "I have been taking Matazapine for just over 2 years now. I have a fear of dieing in my sleep so never really relaxed when I had to go to sleep and would be up all night. When I started taking them I was on out like a light I couldn't keep my eyes open and they really helped me sleep real quick. 2 years on they still help me sleep not to the point I am struggling to keep my eyes open but to a more natural state which is what I liked about them as they help your body adjust over time. I am now on 30mg and when I take them it relaxes me to help me go to sleep naturally with out thinking about it. I recommend this to any one who struggles with insomnia/ death fear like I did. It's worth trying to get yourself back on track with your sleep."

RetroDolly (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 21, 2015

For Depression: "Didn't do much for my depression, but caused extreme hypersalivation and involuntary muscle movement of the mouth and tongue."

jasarthur (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2015

For : "I was put on 15mg of Mirtazapine to help with anxiety and depression. I also sometimes have trouble sleeping due to anxiety. My doctor said this would help with sleep. I took it at bedtime and fell asleep right away. I slept about 11 hours. I woke up and was exhausted and I was starving. I was craving junk food; sweets and salty things. I ate a bowl of cereal and stayed up for about a half hour before having to go back to sleep. I slept another 2 hours. I felt groggy and like I was in a fog for the rest of the day. I finally had to lay down and sleep for another half hour, to shake off this feeling. I am never taking it again. It makes me feel like a robot."

Nicole_xoxo (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2015

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "This is perfect for sleep at 7.5 or less. Get to sleep easily, with no worrisome thoughts before bed. I was taking it for depression after a no-go with Prozac. I couldn't handle the fatigue at therapeutic dose and now I use Wellbutrin XL 300 in morning and Remeron 7.5 at bed. I take the wellbutrin at 6am then go back to bed. When I get up at 8, I already have a lift from the Wellbutrin, one cup of coffee and absolutely no fatigue. Happy, less anxious, lost a few pounds and no sexual problems. I love this combination, and don't feel a need to change or add anything. I am curious how a higher dose of Remeron would be now, but I would hate to lose the fabulous sleep effect I get now. I am guaranteed to sleep within 30 mins. Great meds!"

Vinylfind (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 15, 2015

For Insomnia: "I took 7.5 mg and it worked. Had a great nights sleep. Felt very very tired and sluggish all day. Have read multiple reviews that say this should subside. I will cut the 7.5 in half for tonight to see if I can get the sleeping results without the exhaustion the next day. I don't take any mess more than I absolutely have to."

Still Searching 72 1/2 (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2015

For Insomnia: "This drug works FAST. I'm 14 years old and have been having sleeping problems when I'm tossing and turning and can't fall asleep, anxiety where I can't even go in the car, eating and weight problems (loss of appetite), depression which is taking over my life making me suicidal and PTSD and OCD. My doc first prescribed Zoloft, didn't do me any good just made me feel so much sicker with its horrible side effects and make me feel more suicidal and hopeless so I stopped, but my Doc then prescribed me this Remeron. first night? out like a light in 30 mins. woke up the next morning feeling refreshed. started eating breakfast, went from 82 lbs to 89 in a week (good news for me). If anyone as a teen has my symptoms consider remeron!!"

fastestchachi May 9, 2015

For Depression: "I was prescribed this for depression and take 15 mg daily. I have an amazing nights sleep, at least 9 hours so go to bed early so I am able to be alert the next day. I get restless legs just before falling asleep and am occasionally constipated and have quite vivid dreams but the uplift in my mood is worth a few side effects."

Codders (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2015

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Depression: "The first time my doctor prescribed this medication I ate 2 whole large pizzas a family size Lasagna, 2 sandwiches and some desserts all in one sitting. The day after I decided to get off of it. I then realized I couldn't sleep very well and I had some depression which otherwise at the time nothing else was helping me cope with besides my Buspar/Klonopin. Thus I continued my dosage of 15mg (it is true at least for me the lower dosage is higher sedating) of the medication and once I figured out a way of controlling the 1-2 hour boost of what seemed an infinite metabolism. I felt awesome if only for a short while then and immediate beauty sleep followed. Definitely recommend this to anyone with sleep problems."

Pops91 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 25, 2015

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Depression: "I'm in recovery from substance abuse for years and this is the first thing that has really worked for me."

Double M (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 24, 2015

For Anxiety: "Have had depression with anxiety and insomnia 4 times in the last 10 years. Tried Prozac, went nuts,citalopram up to 60mg, did not work, sertraline, fabulous but took 6 weeks plus to get better at a relatively high dose and with horrid side effects. This time mirtazapine as had heard so many good things, I am a health care professional. Day 3 like a light bulb moment. Better. Sleeping like a baby, anxiety gone and of mood back to normal. Amazing"

justlottie April 16, 2015

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I started remeron about 2 months ago. For my severe depression.. And anxiety and severe insomnia.. The first night taking it I slept the best I had In Years! I didn't wake up feeling groggy I actually felt better sleep wise I still felt very depressed and that continued for a few week to the point I tried to commit suicide and then I new I needed help.. The upped my remeron to 45 mg at bedtime I've been on 45 mg for a week and I've noticed a big change I feel normal again.. I give remeron a 10 it improved my life a great deal!!!"

81Robert93 April 14, 2015

For Depression: "Two years ago I returned to the UK after living in Spain for 11 years, I lost 5 retail business a 6 bedroom villa and a 21 year marriage all in 8 months. Returned to the UK homeless and penniless. Since returning I have had no will to try again and fell into a downward spiral of depression where I really didn't care whether I lived or died. Tried every drug you could name, nothing worked to make me feel any better. Mirtazapine has totally transformed my life, I am now back in the gym feeling confident again and wanting to kick life back in the arse. At 57 I have never felt better, I keep fit, liquidise fresh fruit and veg and take, Turmeric, Green Tea and Pomegranate concentrate. The whole combo works great for me."

Mickey 1958 April 11, 2015

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Depression: "Doctor prescribed me Remeron, I've been taking 15mg for about a month now. I've noticed an increase in hunger and I get great sleep with this medication. However it hasn't helped with my anxiety attacks or depression. I also noticed that I'm becoming more and more forgetful, often find myself staring at nothing in a daze, and hard to articulate what I'm thinking or feeling."

amoretti April 10, 2015

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Depression: "Took for the first time last night slept perfect. Did wake up groggy for the first 2 hours, small price to pay. I have been on over ten different meds and this by far works wonders."

dvrs (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2015

For Depression: "The best medicine for me."

Depressiogenic April 8, 2015

For Insomnia: "I started taking mirtazapine on the advice of my psychiatrist 5 months ago, in October of 2014! The doctor suggested this because of my panic disorder my general anxiety and my insomnia! I was on paxil and celexa years ago, but I find mirtazapine better in the sense that it has less side effects and feels almost like I'm taking nothing at all! There is no apathy no drugged feeling like SSRI can cause! I must mention that it took me about 4 weeks to feel clear headed taking mirtazapine! First 4-6 weeks I did feel zombied, but better then the zombie feeling one gets from poor sleep! There are also zero sexual side effects! Only problem I experienced is i gained 7 lbs in the 5 months but the weight gain stopped, I work out and it stopped the weight gain"

Izn (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 7, 2015

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "No matter how much sleep I got, I was constantly tired. I could barely function during the day. And when I was functioning, I wanted to eat EVERYTHING. In 2 months I ended up gaining 15 lbs, which definitely did not help with the depression."

cjoy79 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 6, 2015

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Depression: "I've been taking this medication for approximately 3 years now. For all who are upset with the weight gain and sleepiness, it doesn't last forever. I think I gained about 10-15 lbs in my first few months, but I've managed to lose it all. Now I am only sleepy right after I take it (at bedtime) and I wake up feeling rested without the hangover. It's definitely levelled off my depression, and I feel normal. If you can get past the first few weeks, this medication is a life saver. I truly forgot that this medication even has side effects, since I've been on it so long. Also, I tried the SSRI/SNRI route first. On Zoloft, I would've made a great cast member for the Walking Dead. I've never felt more like a zombie. Remeron is the best!"

marcy630 April 4, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder: "My life was about to end few years back due to OCD, i wished to die a couple of times, i had lost all hopes of recovery but this medicine came in my life as a miracle , i took it for 5 months and have now get rid of it . i have stopped taking it more than a year ago , and i am a completely healthy person now and enjoying a wonderful life . it does not have any special side effects except weight gain or dizziness"

shahana khan (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 30, 2015

For Depression: "Good"

mae Strickland (taken for 10 years or more) March 29, 2015

For Anxiety: "Hi, I have given the medicine 5 out of 10 although I am yet to take it. I was originally taking 150 mg of venlafaxine a day which really helped with my anxiety, the only problem was the side effects. Every night I would wake in a pool of sweat which no matter how much I showered or bathed would have a strong smell to it. We had to constantly wash and replace duvet covers, sheets etc... I had no problem with sexual desire but maintaining an erection and staying interested was a problem. I ended buying kamagra online and found just an 8th of the tablet (dissolvable) would work wonders. I spoke to the doctor and he changed the medication to citalopram which I found the transition period fine but no way as effective as the venlafaxine"

Pazster (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I was taking 15mg Mirtazapine for anxiety and PTSD before bed for two months. At first it helped with the anxiety and nightmares I was having. Within 30 minutes of taking it I was out. It was very difficult to get out of bed in the morning. The morning drowsy side effects only lasted about two weeks for me but then I started having twitches in my eyelids. I had never had a seizure before but have had 3 petit mal seizures since. After my third and extremely violent seizure I stoped use and have not used since. Seizures have also stoped along with the twitching in my face. If you you start to have and twitching in your face or eyelids I recomend consulting your dr. By the time I did it was almost too late. I also experienced memory loss."

Chadwick85 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 27, 2015

For Depression: "This medication has been a god-send for me. After 13 years of daily panic attacks which always got worse if I was tired or stressed... I have not had ONE since I started this medication. If you can get passed the side effects this is a wonderful medication. For me - my side effects are an increase in appetite and subsequent weight gain, and brain zaps at night when I get really tired - but these are starting to get better... I am just about to start month 3. The first 2 weeks were hell, as I was constantly exhausted and could not seem to wake up mentally until about noon and hit the best part of my day around 5 pm; and starving all the time. If you can make it through that - it is totally worth it."

nomorepanic (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2015

For Insomnia: "I have been on mirtazapine for just over a month, like others here I had trouble sleeping only a few hours a night, this became unbearable and I couldn't function in my work or daily life, I was tearful and miserable. I went to my doc explained the situation, I didn't want antidepressants as tried them before with dreadful side effects. Long story short I relented and thought I'd try mirtazapine for a week, I'm now into my 5th week and sleep well most nights, a few night sweats and some weird dreams but I'm starting to feel human again."

Oscar1969 March 24, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I've been taking 15 mg of mirtapazine and 10 mg of zolpidem about 2 hrs before bedtime for over 6 years. I rarely have the vivid nightmares and generally get about 6 hours of good sleep followed by an hour or two of drowsiness. Before I was on this regimen, I was lucky to have 3 hours of sleep, so I am pretty happy with it."

oldfart2 (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 21, 2015