Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Mirtazapine

Also known as: Remeron, Remeron SolTab

Learn more about Mirtazapine.

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder 4 reviews 13 medications

7.6
Summary of Mirtazapine reviews 317 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Mirtazapine

Review by justlottie:

For Anxiety: Have had depression with anxiety and insomnia 4 times in the last 10 years. Tried Prozac, went nuts,citalopram up to 60mg, did not work, sertraline, fabulous but took 6 weeks plus to get better at a relatively high dose and with horrid side effects. This time mirtazapine as had heard so many good things, I am a health care professional. Day 3 like a light bulb moment. Better. Sleeping like a baby, anxiety gone and of mood back to normal. Amazing

April 16, 2015 11:01 AM

Review by dvrs (taken for less than 1 month):

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Depression: Took for the first time last night slept perfect. Did wake up groggy for the first 2 hours, small price to pay. I have been on over ten different meds and this by far works wonders.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 8, 2015 8:11 AM

Review by Depressiogenic:

For Depression: The best medicine for me.

April 8, 2015 3:41 AM

Review by mae Strickland (taken for 10 years or more):

For Depression: Good

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 29, 2015 7:09 PM

Review by oldfart2 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: I've been taking 15 mg of mirtapazine and 10 mg of zolpidem about 2 hrs before bedtime for over 6 years. I rarely have the vivid nightmares and generally get about 6 hours of good sleep followed by an hour or two of drowsiness. Before I was on this regimen, I was lucky to have 3 hours of sleep, so I am pretty happy with it.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 21, 2015 8:00 PM

Review by Buzzy re (taken for less than 1 month):

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: After 5 months of sleepless nights I was prescribed mirtazapine yesterday. Must have slept through hot flashes last night and woke up only once. Was reluctant to resort to medications, but the sleep was so great that I'm doing it again tonight. Felt very dopey today, so let's see what tomorrow brings after having tried every SSRI on the planet.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 18, 2015 12:42 PM

Review by anxiety joe:

For Anxiety: I used it at bed time along with Paxil. I have anxiety and at times insomnia. The lower the dose(@ 7.5 mg), the more it becomes a sleep aid. It worked well for both anxiety and insomnia.

March 17, 2015 5:54 PM

Review by AJMs:

For Insomnia: Mirtazapine has been a life saver for me. I have had trouble falling asleep on and off over the last two and a half years mainly because I've been unhappy at work. Just recently I was on zolpidem for 2 months and then switched to mirtazapine when I realised my sleep problems weren't going to get better in the short term. A couple of years ago things were so bad that sleeping tablets didn't even work and mirtazapine was the only medication that got me to sleep. I function normally after about the first 8 days on adjusting to this tablet - day 1 I feel like a zombie but by day 3 I start to feel less like that. Just stick with it for a few days and you will adjust, is my advice. The dosage I take is 30mg or 45mg.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 14, 2015 3:09 PM

Review by boonking12:

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Insomnia: Cannot sleep on Remeron

March 11, 2015 7:47 PM

Review by MR ATKINSON (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Anxiety: I have been taking mirtazapine for 5 years now and at first they were very, very helpful. The doctors told me that it was dangerous to stop taking them but my depression and anxiety was getting worse and the medication wasn't helping anymore I must have got used to them. My personal experience with this medicine is ok for short time use.

March 10, 2015 4:07 PM

Review by Catastrophe19 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Insomnia: It used to take me a good 3-4 hours to fall asleep at night, now it takes me around 20-30 minutes. I feel much more energised during the day and actually enjoy sleeping again. It has also helped decrease the amount of nightmares I used to have.

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 10, 2015 4:45 PM

Review by serenitynowman:

For Anxiety: I was having massive problems with anxiety caused by constant heart palpitations or PVCs. Was having a lot of trouble going to bed at night. This honestly fixed me overnight. I couldn't believe it just worked so fast. Was very groggy the first morning waking up, but this has really given me my life back.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 10, 2015 3:15 PM

Review by DrugExpert101:

For Anxiety: I use this for serious post traumatic stress disorder, Major Depressive disorder, Anxiety, Flashbacks Night Sweats, Night Terrors, Anger, Mood Swings, and waking up at night not knowing where I am. I have taken this for more than 5 years. I take up to 70 mg of Citalopram during the day to compliment this medication along with Valuim for Anxiety and for major Surgery that gives me muscle cramps and pain. I give it a ten. I have no side effects from this. I do Citalopram, and Valuim but not Mirtazapine. Rate it at 10.

February 6, 2015 1:16 AM

Review by Paste (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Depression: Worked for about 7 months. Now I have to find something else because my depression is coming back.

February 5, 2015 9:25 PM

Review by yorkies (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: Great med feel a lot better. Tiredness in the morning and a few weird dreams but otherwise great hope it continues.

February 5, 2015 1:48 AM

Review by Sleeping fine:

For Depression: I have been on this medicine for about 8 years now. It is the ONLY thing that helps me sleep and not have panic attacks at night. It however does not do much for my anxiety, which I have taken many different medicines for and no luck with any of them. I would recommend mirtazapine to anyone who cannot sleep, but beware getting off this. The withdrawal symptoms are not pleasant at all.

February 1, 2015 10:27 AM

Review by Anna1238 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: Mirtazapine is a great medication. It was my first antidepressant. I would say it's very mild compare to other antidepressants. The only problem was that I was eating too much, waking up at night to eat chocolate and I put on weight a lot! I think that I had restless legs syndrome too. Apart from that I was happy, no sexual dysfunction, great sleep. But after couple months I had panic attacks again. My body got used to it and my doctor increased the dose, even that couldn't help. I was on the highest dose...So I had to change my medication.

January 30, 2015 5:33 PM

Review by Sheikh Yabhouti:

For Insomnia: Was only sleeping 2-3 hours a night, some nights none at all. This on top of house, kids and a stressfull job, I was a walking mess. Started taking mirtazapine on my doctor's advice and it has changed my life completely. No stress and I sleep like a baby.

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 25, 2015 12:53 PM

Review by John GIII (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Major Depressive Disorder: I've had major depression mostly everyday for the last 2 years and this medication is a lifesaver. After being on mostly every SSRI and on several different dosages I never got complete relief from them. They helped to give me a slightly better mood on most days but the depression was always there. After doing a lot of research I told my psych I wanted to try mirtazapine. After roughly two and a half weeks on 30 mg (15mg didn't help) I've never felt better. It also took away most of the night sweats that I was getting from SSRIs. I've read some people complaining about weight gain as a side effect, I would advise to not worry about weight gain if you actually have major depression, once the depression lifts you will be able to eat healthy.

January 24, 2015 6:06 PM

Review by coxysmelons93 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety: Works far better than any SSRI but I do still have symptoms of anxiety. I also take Diazepam when I feel an episode of severe anxiety coming on. Haven't been on it for that long though. Physiological symptoms like heart racing etc. Have already decreased so looking good.

January 24, 2015 1:05 PM

Review by coxysmelons93 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: Made quite a difference quite fast to hypervigliance and anxiety symptoms. I am no longer as scared as I was sitting in my own house at night. It's no miracle, no medicine will ever take away the memories but this definitely improves functioning.

January 24, 2015 1:03 PM

Review by 28YOMale (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Insomnia: I have struggled mightily with insomnia due to anxiety. Been on 7.5 mg for just over a year, and have made significant progress in that time. Feel very tired normally within an hour or so of taking it and generally have slept well with far fewer exceptions. Not sure it really does anything for anxiety/depression. But I also am taking escitalopram during the day. Would certainly recommend mirtazapine for anyone struggling with insomnia.

January 8, 2015 1:17 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Major Depressive Disorder: This medicine is working well. I no longer suffer with severe depression.

January 7, 2015 5:54 AM

Review by SmoothSailings:

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Depression: I didn't experience a crazy increase in appetite, however I did gain motivation that I previously didn't have to go to the gym and lift weights which helped me put my weight back on. Side effects for me included slight numbness of the tongue and I feel like I mumble a lot because of that. Side effects do not bother me due to the fact that I feel so much better because of the medicine.

January 5, 2015 10:12 PM

Review by Steph H:

For Depression: I was started on Mirtazapine at 16 after 5 years of Major Depression and suicidal ideation to the point where I was admitted into a psych ward 6 times for up to 5 weeks each time. I've tried Fluoxetine and Escitalopram and Mirtazapine has been the best. I felt happier and I wasn't as suicidal anymore which was a huge change. Warning though, as good as it is, be prepared to gain weight. I gained 10kg in six weeks and being already overweight I decided to discontinue its use and try something else.

January 5, 2015 2:11 AM