User Reviews for Mirtazapine

Also known as: Remeron, Remeron SolTab

Learn more about Mirtazapine.

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder 4 reviews 13 medications

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder 12 reviews 5 medications

7.2
Summary of Mirtazapine reviews 367 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Mirtazapine

For Depression: "Please have your physician to check you liver functions after taking this medication."

JALS August 24, 2015

For Depression: "Saved my life"

williamclarkonet (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 21, 2015

For Insomnia: "I have suffered from insomnia for many years. This med helps, sometimes I still wakeup in the middle of the night. I usually fall back to sleep 3 to 4 hrs later. My migraines have gotten better and overall I like this med."

lucy lue1958 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 20, 2015

For Depression: "First night. Only 7.5. I'm used to waking up at 5 for work. Slept till noon. Vivid dreams feel like a zombie all groggy and hard to think"

jigsss August 19, 2015

For Depression: "Took about a week to get over the side effects - still get some morning grogginess, but a strong coffee and ten minutes of mindful meditation or exercise sorts that out completely. Unlike others who have left reviews I'm only on 15mg - but the effect has still been amazing. I've had problems with depression and anxiety since I was 16 and had tried a couple of SSRI's that didn't help. Prior to taking it I had been having issues with sleep, trying to adjust without an alcohol and cannabis dependency. Mirtazapine certainly helped with sleep, though it still took a while to nod off, when I did I would sleep for hours and better than I have in years. By sorting out my sleep, managing my depression became a possibility - it's changed my life."

Dogar J August 11, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I have taken almost everything for depression and Remeron has helped the most. The first dose of 15mg knocked me out from 10pm to 4pm the next day. After 2 weeks, my depression was GONE. I have to take Celexa with it or I feel extremely anxious. Taken together, I feel...dare I say it...normal. The only negative is weight gain. I've always been skinny and unable to gain weight and have never gained weight on any other med. I've gained about 20 lbs on Remeron without even eating more and have been unable to lose weight on a low carb diet. Low carb seems to help me not gain more weight. Start a low carb diet as soon as you start Remeron to minimize weight gain!"

N.A.E. August 10, 2015

For Insomnia: "The first time I took a 30mg tablet I slept 16 hours and it was heavenly."

Cagney (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 5, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder: "Tried every antidepressant almost but these have given me new lease of life. Fantastic!"

cls33 August 3, 2015

For Insomnia: "I was given 15 mg caplets and told to cut them in half.. 7.5 mg the 1st night. Slept well but a little groggy the next day. Didn't get much accomplished. 2nd night same dose and the next day was a total loss. Just sat in my chair all day. No energy or drive. Then I tried to further the dose by cutting 15 mg into 7.5 mg into 3.75 mg. That's next to impossible due to the shape of the half tab. One night you get decent dose and the next you get the smaller quarter and it doesn't work. Too bad hey don't come in 10 mg tabs. For me, a big guy, with lots of body mass 3.5 mg would be a good dose but it's impossible to get with any accuracy."

Philsy August 2, 2015

For Insomnia: "Have suffered insomnia and anxiety for 15 years. Slept 6 to 12 hours per week. SSRI's ineffective. Would visit Dr every 2 to 3 months and beg for 4 sleeping tablets, (I'm a brit) cos I was dizzy and almost crying with exhaustion. A new GP prescribed Mirtazipine and I have slept min 6 hours each night from the start. Feel fantastic. Colleagues notice difference, house is clean, bags of energy. PS no more horrible dreams either"

Happyscotsman August 2, 2015

For Depression: "Been back on 45 mg mirtazapine for 7 weeks after coming off them gradually a month before that as was feeling great. I now feel worse than ever!! Severely depressed feeling like I could go to not functioning at any given point. Am single mum so that's not an option but I need help in knowing whether I've given it long enough as feel like I'm getting worse not better!! Also on propranolol and diazepam for the anxiety but convinced they're making depression worse!!!"

Buzzwoody (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2015

For Insomnia: "I have tried so many things for my insomnia and evening panic attacks. This one works wonders. No more panic attacks at night. No more lying awake for hours."

Oohyayathrowaway July 27, 2015

For Anxiety: "Was prescribed mirtazipine after citalopram failed to lift my depression and anxiety. I must say I was in a deep depression, you know, the place where everything is gloomy and hopeless and you just want to crawl into some cave and die. 15mg for the first couple of weeks nearly made me give up hope on this drug. The lethargy, hopelessness and anxiety deepened. I am into my third week and I have upped the dose to 30mg as prescribed and I feel completely different. The anxiety is reducing by the day, I feel hopeful, upbeat and for once in eight months, I wake up in the morning with a spring in my steps. The zombie days seem to be disappearing. Mirtazipine is working for me and I hope it works for anyone who has started taking it."

ofra (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2015

For Insomnia: "I have found Mirtazapine to be a very safe drug with almost no side effects! I not not only had depression, but couldn't eat or sleep. My psychiatrist is excellent. It has been a delicate issue because I was still on 25 nortriptyline. Finally, I've been on both for a few weeks. I do hope that my doctor will eventually have me only on Mertazapine & no nortriptyline."

Tellita July 24, 2015

For Depression: "I've been suffering from depression since I was in my teens. However, I've just been diagnosed with it 1 month ago. I had been having major panic attacks and anxiety issues, so much to the stage I thought people were following me. The doctor prescribed me Mirtazapine which I was rather anxious about taking, due to reviews online. The first night I took it I went to bed and became really twitchy and restless through the night, I had spells where I woke up during the night. After the first night I had the best sleep ever, I slept till late which was rare, I have had a better outlook on life, I still have my low days and times where I don't want to get out of bed and times where I just want to run away. The doctor has now upped my dose to 30mg"

Eerba July 20, 2015

For Depression: "I have been on so many SSRIs over the last 30 years. Nothing has decreased the dark place I was always in. It has caused my friends and family to try and disguise the depression. Very sceptical about Remeron. Last night was night 1 and woke up twice for potty, no probs. Woke up and it only took 2 hours to be alert. It works. I'm not in the dark place, I feel good.If it keeps getting better then I thank God. For the most part I can think clearly , just a hint of anxiety but so grateful.Don't be afraid to try it."

GINNYROZE (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2015

For Insomnia: "I have never been able to sleep more than 6 hrs. even when I was young. As I aged I began having trouble sleeping more than 3 hrs at a whack. My doctor prescribed Mirtazapine 15mg. at bedtime. It has changed my life! I sleep a full 5 to 7 hours most every night. I actually feel normal. I have tried various anti depressants for the last 25 yrs, Effexor works best for me."

thetaz July 13, 2015

For Depression: "Mirtazapine worked for me.Or is it that my circumstances became more favorable in treating my depression? im slightly on the fence with the outcome, its made me incredibly level headded and monotone, boring even! Which is totally out of character for me.. this was alot better than not being able to cope with day to day life.. night one of taking a 15mg tablet gave me a good night sleep however for the following 2-3 days i became very "strange" anxious and jittery..i think this was my brain adjusting to the meds. 6 months in im ready to stop taking it, if stacked on 7 kgs in the process which isny doing anything for my self esteem, not sure that this drug increased my appetite but gave me a who cares attitude and ill eat whatever i want!"

Shirleymirley July 12, 2015

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Depression: "Remeron was a wonder drug for me the first month of taking it. First week - felt so happy, was eating like a pig (I'm underweight so that was amazing to see me gain so much in a week) I slept like a baby the first night and all the rest of the time I was on it. I would knock out at like 11 when I'd usually fall asleep at like 4 or 5. then the second month came around.. not sure if it was something else but I started experiencing intrusive thoughts and my OCD started kicking in A LOT. my doc took me off and now I'm spiraling down again. not sure if it was the med.. but this med worked well for awhile!"

BringOnTheRain July 5, 2015

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Depression: "I've been taking remeron for a few weeks, doctor prescribed it for major anxiety and sleeplessness, as well as depression. He also thought it would help with weight gain, which I needed. Has helped with everything but the depression. Anxiety has mostly subsided to the point where I'm not paralyzed. Have gained about 5 lbs in the past two weeks, and my sleep is uninterrupted. Was very groggy in the morning at first until 10 or 11 am but that's gotten slightly better over time. Depression has not subsided, considering asking for something else to help with that."

big_p (taken for less than 1 month) June 23, 2015

For Depression: "It improved my mood significantly and made me sleep well, but I gained a stone in a month which made me more depressed, also feeling chronic fatigue all the time which made working impossible, not being able to exercise and continue gaining weight made it counter productive. Also I feel because I forced myself doing all the normal stuff whilst being exhausted, I was becoming ill very often."

Algi21 June 16, 2015

For Anxiety: "I must say, Mirtazipine was extremely helpful for my anxiety/depression along with taking Fluvoxamine for anxiety, depression, and ocd. A lot of the physical symptoms of anxiety as well as mental symptoms have diminished. Concentration has also improved. Although, the weight gain from increased appetite and the sluggish feeling in the morning has become problematic. I have my mind set on discontinuing."

DylPill90 June 11, 2015

For Depression: "This medication saved my life. It made me gain weight but it took me out of the dark place i was in."

Lorenza2000 June 11, 2015

For Insomnia: "My shrink gave me this med almost 2 years ago and for me, it has helped a great deal with my insomnia. i take a 30mg at bedtime and 9 times at of 10, i am asleep within 90 minutes. I thank my shink everytime i see him"

JOEPAL64 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 10, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I've been taking Mirtazapine for two months. I have not experienced any side effects I know of. It helps me sleep, and it helps with my depression."

Anonymous June 8, 2015