User Reviews for Solodyn

Learn more about Solodyn.

Rosacea 3 reviews 96 medications

Acne 48 reviews 499 medications

7.2
Summary of Solodyn reviews 51 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Solodyn

Review by azirkelb (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: I am 16 and I have been on Solodyn for about a year and a half. The first month I started taking it my skin cleared way up, but then it got bad again. Now, if I stop taking it, I breakout worse than before so it is really just keeping my acne somewhat controlled but it had NOT cleared up my face at all.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 3, 2014 7:52 PM
Review by Smile You're Beautiful. :): User Rating:

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: Hello everyone! So over winter break I gained a HUGE allergic reaction from an acne face wash that made me break out with acne ALL over my face. BIG CYSTIC PIMPLES. Yeah, it was really bad. I was embarrassed, I didn't want my family to even see me. I was ashamed. My mother took me to the dermatologist that Friday and I was prescribed Solodyn. I got two weeks prescription for free. I had an amazing experience so far, its only been a week, exactly a week from today that I've been on this medication.($35 for 3 months medication) I don't regret it at ALL. The only side effect it has had on me is tiredness after school. My acne has cleared about 90% if not more. I HIGHLY recommend this product to anyone with a very ugly acne break out.

January 10, 2014 6:05 AM
Review by Oksanagirl: User Rating:

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: I've had acne since I was 14yrs old, and I'm 18 now. So I've been suffering for 4 years now. I've tired everything to get rid of my acne. I had some cystic acne and just regular acne, but it would be all over my face and leave bad scarring. It was very embarrassing. I finally decided I would do something about it. I went to the dermatologist and she prescribed me Solodyn. My face cleared up within a month, I have never seen my face this clear before it's like I never even had acne, all that's left is scars though. But this medicine from my experience works great, and I didn't experience any serious side effects. I highly recommend it.

January 2, 2014 8:22 AM
Review by Crysteena: User Rating:

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: I have been on and of Solodyn and it works awesome every time! I am 43 years old and started breaking out around my mouth. I was convinced it was adult acne. I never had acne in my younger years so I figured now it was my turn. I went to my dermatologist and he prescribed Solodyn. I noticed results as early as one week. I do get very dizzy and tired so I take it a couple of hours, before bed. It is very expensive so make sure you get the discount card from your dermatologist.

November 22, 2013 4:40 AM
Review by aggiegirl: User Rating:

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: HIGHLY SUGGEST IT! My acne isn't the type you see on the proactive commercials... the type I have is deep, hard, and typically really difficult to "pop." Mine is all on my cheeks but concentrated around my right jawbone and neck, and it hurts extremely bad when touched. It looks like I've been stung by bees, and is extremely red. No topicals worked,ranging from proactive to prescriptions. I took solodyn back in '11; I was 19 at the time. It started working within the first month, and by the time fall came around (August) I stopped wearing makeup (acne was GONE!). In 2012 I tried Doxycycline, but it made me SICK and gave me a debilitating headache.. Solodyn has NO side effects for me. I am happily back on it :) (insurance gets it to $35)

November 10, 2013 9:02 PM
Review by estancia (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: I'm 29 and I've suffered from acne for some years and NOTHING worked. Last choice I had was to go to my dermatologist and he prescribed me Solodyn. He said it may take a month before it starts to work. I broke out a few times but at 4 weeks my face was clearing up. My face was clear for 8 days then I ran out. Had to wait a week for pills to be delivered (had to enroll to get my pills for $20.00) and since I've been without the pills I only had two small pimples within 2 weeks. I got some more pills now and I love it. It's the best thing that ever happened to my face. I was prescribed with Ziana for the evening and Aczone for morning. My side effect on this was headache. And I got the 55mg.

June 13, 2013 10:14 PM
Review by lindsay123: User Rating:

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: I am 26 years old. Never had acne problems, even as a teenage. Started breaking out badly due to starting Birth Control. Tried diff brands.. all the same. So went to Dermatologist. Started taking the Solodyn 65 once a day. First few months no real change. Actually it unfortunately got WORSE before it got better. First month the worst. I was very embarrassed. BUT good news. Stick with it. Its now been four months and I FINALLY see a change. Its been 4 months exactly now and I am just now feeling comfortable not wearing a ton of makeup. I still use a dap here and there but nothing like before. Only con is that the pimples I developed while on Solodyn seemed to linger.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 10, 2013 3:50 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Solodyn (minocycline) for Rosacea: Worked great- doctors tried other medicines or creams for 2 years and after 1 week of taking this it took care of issue and itching as well.

December 10, 2012 7:35 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: Solodyn worked great for me! I got really sick on Doxycycline, so my dermatologist switched me to this. It cleared up my body & face acne (I was/am also taking Veltin as a topical). I understand it can be very expensive for some people, but my insurance covered it with a $20 copay. I was on Solodyn for 6 months and just stopped taking it on advice of my derm about 2 weeks ago. So far so good! I would recommend it. I didn't have any side effects on it like I had on the Doxy.

November 26, 2012 9:17 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: I'm 26 and have been on prescription acne treatments for 16 years. My acne was pretty well controlled in my 20's until a flare up a couple of years ago. My DR prescribed Solodyn. It took the full 12 weeks to see results. I believe the first 2-4 weeks my acne was even worse. From weeks 12-16 it got remarkably better and then I phased off of it. It's now a year later and the flare up's are starting so I'm trying another round of Solodyn. I have learned that for some of us, there is no miracle cure. Solodyn isn't a miracle worker, but it has helped me keep my acne under control, and I'm very satisfied with that. My Dr. has me use a gentle cleanser (I use Clinique) and topical gel (Epiduo) along with the Solodyn.

September 23, 2012 11:54 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: My 12 year old daughter has suffered from acne for two years. She was on Doxy and proactive and it worked great and then we took her off it and her acne came back so we started her on Solodyn and Proactive and it seems to work great. We tried just proactive without the antibiotics and it helps a little but adding the antibiotic makes a huge difference. It has been two weeks since she started and her acne has improved at least 50%, maybe even 70%. Also the proactive sulfur mask they have works great. She puts a thin layer on her face at night and sleeps with it on and I see a huge improvement by the morning.

September 3, 2012 12:19 PM

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: Great medication! Works wonders

August 14, 2012 4:59 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: Solodyn is great, but unfortunately, the side effect aren't. This product has cleared up my skin, but I had to stop taking it due to its side effects. It made me really itchy, gave me yeast infections, and hives.

August 7, 2012 4:25 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: Didn't experience any side effects. Took it during early spring so over exposure of sun was not an issue. Cleared up all my under the skin acne (large, red, inflamed zits that could be very painful). After two months of taking the medication I stopped and now have no acne. It's been three months and I'm very satisfied since I've fought with bad acne for six years now.

July 30, 2012 2:18 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: Works great for cystic acne - works some on whiteheads. Like that it is once a day- but it is so expensive! I got the manufacturer's coupon card-so I haven't had to pay much out of pocket.

July 11, 2012 1:57 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: I began seeing positive results from Solodyn after just a few weeks. I get an occasional zit, but nothing like what I had just a few shorts months ago. Would definitely recommend!

June 20, 2012 5:38 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: I was on it for a few months and then started having really bad stomach problems. I went off of it three weeks ago and I'm still having terrible stomach problems to the point where I have to force myself to eat.

April 25, 2012 11:34 AM

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: Gave me major muscle aches in legs.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 21, 2012 4:27 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Solodyn (minocycline) for Rosacea: Great product with 45mg once per day.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 27, 2011 5:24 PM

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: This medication had its good and bad. It worked very well to clear up my acne. Within a month I saw drastic results. However, my hair started falling out while I was on this medication. My dermatologist didn't believe that it was the medication causing it so I choose to stop on my own. Within a week I noticed my hair was no longer dropping. Since I was on no other medication at the time or did not change any products I can only assume it was a side effect of the medicine.

November 29, 2011 9:55 PM
Review by Melba81: User Rating:

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: I tried a lot of products to get rid of my adult acne. The doctor put me on a topical cream for the first 3 months then wanted me to take Solodyn 45 along with the cream. My face looks perfect. I started getting side effects the last 2 months since the doctor gave me Solodyn 55. Now I have problems breathing and a little dizzy. I am only 30 and very healthy and this is the only pill I take so I think it had to be the upgrade on mg that is causing my new problems. I stopped the pills but am still using the cream. Hopefully I wont get the acne back. I would recommend this but make sure you pay attention to any changes in your health and stop taking it then.

October 27, 2011 10:48 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: Only on my second week of treatment but its not looking so good. I got it to treat some cystic acne on my back and my skin cleared up quickly the first week. However I'm tired all of the time, and the cystic acne's coming back with a vengeance. Just broke out with a line of huge pimples down my lower back which has never happened, and some on my face, all of which are very painful. I'll continue the treatment for a few more weeks but so far things aren't looking good.

September 28, 2011 12:43 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: When I turned 40 I started getting cysts on my chin and jawline (a lovely side effect of hormones) and dealt with it for 6 months before deciding to finally see my Dermatologist. She prescribed 55 mg and the results were immediate and remarkable. I've been on it for 4 months and have had no side effects (I take NO other medications though) and have had ZERO breakouts. As other reviewers have mentioned, it is expensive so be sure to get the discount card from your Doctor which is good for 3 refills. I see my Doctor every 3 months so she can monitor my progress and give me another card. I have paid only $10 a month for this medication since I started it. My confidence has skyrocketed and I'm saving a ton of money on makeup!

September 20, 2011 5:07 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: I really like Solodyn. So far its gotten rid of my acne the only thing that I don't like is that when you stop taking it you start to break out a lot, but so far no really bad reactions just dizziness and vertigo but that's why I was recommended to take it before bed, it helps.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 9, 2011 4:15 AM

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: Minocycline cleared up my cheeks for a time but I hadn't addressed the root cause of my acne (in my case it was smoking), so when I stopped the treatment (and continued smoking) it came back in full force, covering a larger surface area and much more severe. Antibiotics can only suppress the bacteria for so long, you must address the root of the problem. You know what it is.

August 31, 2011 11:00 PM