User Reviews for Savella (Page 3)

Learn more about Savella.

Fibromyalgia 267 reviews 19 medications

6.8
Summary of Savella reviews 267 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Savella

For Fibromyalgia "Definitely helps."

Lsu1fan (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 16, 2013

For Fibromyalgia "I have been on Savella 12.5mg for three weeks. The horrible aching in my legs that kept me up at night is gone however the pain in neck and shoulders still there. I also have degenerative osteoarthritis (herniated discs) in my lower back. The one thing I noticed with this medication is that I sleep better at night. So far, only dry mouth is a side effect and this is great since I am very sensitive to many medications."

Lindi13 January 11, 2013

For Fibromyalgia "This medicine helped a lot with the pain. The problem was the side effects. I did not mind the weight loss, but the sweating and the high blood pressure were side effects that could not be ignored. Therefore, I had to stop taking it."

Minders8 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 9, 2013

For Fibromyalgia "Some people have commented that their insurance does not cover this medication. I used to have medicare but don't anymore. I went to the Forest Pharmaceutical website where I applied for their patient assistance program. I qualified for the medication for free. You have to go through your doctor and you have to re-apply every 3 months but it is worth it! I was so afraid I would have to stop working, because Savella was working so well for me, I did not want to quit using it. Your doctor probably has some samples you can take while you are waiting for approval from Forest Pharmaceuticals."

tessyib January 4, 2013

For Fibromyalgia "I loved this medicine. It worked extremely well for my fibromyalgia symptoms. Unfortunately I had some severe side effects and had to stop taking it. Blood pressure up to 187/90 and severe headaches even after a month on it...If you only have minor side effects this may be well worth for some."

HeatherFL (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 22, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "I've tried many medications for Fibromyalgia. Most of which made me tired and lethargic all the time. They also made me sick constantly! Ever since I started taking the Savella, I've felt much better on a day to day basis. The Savella doesn't help with all the symptoms, but it takes away a lot of the burning feeling/sensation and also helps with the anxiety and depression as well. I wouldn't trade it for anything else!"

Slpybr67 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 11, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "Savella has been life changing for me. When I initially started the titration pack I had no issues. When moving to the 50mg twice a day, the 1st couple days were rough. So, I moved to taking 25mg in the morning and 50 mg at night. I have only had a couple of very tolerable side effects since (flushing and sweating more than normal). These side effects are more than worth it. I have my life back for the first time in more than 4 years. One thing that is really important is taking it with food and around the same time each day. The difference in my life has brought me to tears (of joy). I would recommend this to others. Don't give up if at first it didn't work for you. Try again and stick with it."

MDC44 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 25, 2012

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "Within the first few days of starting Savella the pain in my arms and legs had disappeared and I was more alert during the day. I had slight nausea and sadness as I completed the titration process, but these symptoms did eventually go away. One of the best things that happened during this time was that my weight stabilized after steadily gaining for 6 months due to the constant exhaustion. Unfortunately my neck and back pain initially worsened but returned to my personal base line after a few weeks. This pain has not gone away, but stayed with me. My only problem may be something unique to me - It took away my drive to be active. I finally have the energy, but now have no desire. Wish I knew how to work this out."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 22, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "I was taking 50mg 2x a day for my fibromyalgia pain. It was working well for my pain but now I'm having side effects. I get a headache and nausea after I take the medicine. I also suffer from chronic migraine headaches so this is very bad to have a medicine adding to my headache problems. I'm so frustrated. Without this medicine I ache so bad I get a headache and I'm miserable but with it I have a migraine. I've probably been on Savella for 3 months now. I've had to cut back to 25mg 1x daily and take Lyrica at night. I will say too that I still had bad shoulder tension while on the medicine, but the rest of my fibromyalgia pain was gone. I was getting my life back."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "I have been taking Savella for over a year, it helped with the pain but the side effects kept getting worse for me, not better. The profuse sweating got worse. It finally became unbearable and I had to stop the medication. I was changing clothes 2 and 3 times a day, and taking 2 showers a day due to the sweating. Also caused body odor."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 18, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "Caused severe heart palpitations. Resting heart rate at a constant 155 bpm. After being taken off by doctor did notice it helped amazing with my fibromyalgia pain. I actually forgot for a few weeks about my constant pain. Since being off it pain is back. Wish I didn't have the side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 14, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "Immediate relief within hours. No longer living in pain every day. I just pray this continues."

Anonymous July 5, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "I have been on Savella for maybe 3 months now. I have seen improvement in my pain BUT the extreme sweating is causing me to rethink if the Savella is worth it. I am a nurse and it's very embarrassing when I have to step out of a room to wipe my face before I start an IV (one of my patients thought her IV was leaking and I had to tell her, "No, it's me". Yesterday was the worst day... My hair was never dry and I was dripping sweat in my face and my eyes were burning. I ordered a sweat band (did not want to do) and will try this before I stop the medication. Hope this helps you."

ukelele June 25, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "Given savella by my doctor. It's a miracle medicine but start slower to avoid side effects. The titration pack is too fast. Also you should stop at the dose that takes care of your pain. I was at 25 mg 2 times a day for a long time. When my stress went up the pain came back so my doctor increased me to the usual dose of 50 mg 2 times a day. Pain is gone! There are coupons on line. I had sweats as the only side effect that went away. I'll take that over the pain any day!"

Anonymous June 9, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "I have had fibromyalgia for many yrs, it was diagnosed possibly 15 years ago. Nothing was really available to my knowledge. About 4 years ago my pain Dr. asked me to try Savella. I did, gradual increases. It worked almost immediately for me. It is a great medication. However, later I began having a skin rash, at first I was told I had ringworm. I went to a dermatologist who diagnosed the rash as psoriasis. I have been treated with every ointment, cream available, uv light etc. Nothing seems to work. I have finally decided this skin condition must be coming from the Savella. I weaned my self off the Savella for about 3 weeks now. The condition has improved greatly, But I want to take the Savella, it is great. Need a 2nd opinion on my rash."

Pat Scannon (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 24, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "I was first given Cymbalta and it did not help at all. Since stopping Cymbalta and starting Savella I have had about 50% relief in my fibromyalgia symptom. I still have good and bad days, but the bad days are so much easier to get through! I didn't think it was possible and was very skeptical at first, since I am already on several other medications and have tried several more medications over the years. Sometimes I felt like a guinea pig, so it is so nice to get some relief."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "Savella was awesome for my chronic back pain. Unfortunately the side effects were too serious. My blood pressure sky rocketed to 160/110, my resting heart rate sky rocketed to 136, and my estradiol levels plummeted to that of a postmenopausal woman (I'm only 37 with no history of early menopause). I experienced hot flashes that would have me dripping in sweat with absolutely no physical exertion whatsoever. If it weren't for side effects I'd love to take it. I sincerely hope there are people out there who can take this and not experience the side effects, because it was like a miracle for the pain."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 15, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "Day 8 and increasing dosage slowly. Foggy brain better. Some areas of pain are better, but hands/wrist are at a 10 pain level now. Swollen and tender. Not sure what is going on but hope it tones down soon. It feels like the hydrocodone is not working as well now and little pain relief. Nausea and hot flashes are the main side effects so far. I noted others were taking night dose early in day to help with not sleeping at night. Will try that since I am still awake half the night."

Anonymous April 20, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "I have been on Savella for about 2 weeks now and I have not had any side effects.. Today I feel a bit tired but other then that I really like how most of my pain is gone and also have lost about 15 lbs in about 2 1/2 weeks.. I am really happy that I am able to move around like normal. Yes I do give myself time to relax that is the key when having this fibromyalgia. I give Savella 2 thumbs up."

JJ1218 March 26, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "I have been taking Savella for a year now for my fibromyalgia. I was weaned off Cymbalta and on to Savella. The first month or so when starting on Savella I had extreme nausea, but when it passed it was worth it. It worked really well on my fibro symptoms and allowed me to be somewhat active again (gardening, swimming, chasing my young children). About 6 months into taking Savella I started having dizziness and heart palpitations that caused me to suddenly feel like I was going to pass out and then I would vomit. My doctor lessened my 100mg dosage to 50mg and the episodes stopped, but my fibro symptoms slowly started coming back. So then I went up to 75mg to treat the symptoms. Now, after being on it for a year it has stopped working."

Ambro500 March 22, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "Savella gave me my life back!! I was diagnosed in 1999 during junior year of high school and I am now 30 years old and able to start living my life again. I am now holding down a part time job, returning to school full time in a medical technology program and reconnecting with friends. I have a life again, I have a future again thanks to this medication!"

Anonymous February 29, 2012

For Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome "I was diagnosed with RSD almost 4 years ago. I have had 4 surgeries between my wrist and shoulder and have not had a moment without pain. I have been on multiple pain meds and pain patches and sufferred severe allergic reactions. Recently things were so bad due to the extreme amount of pain I was feeling I was using Ultram ER and my doctor added Savella, the combination of these 2 medicines has finally made my pain tolerable. I am not suffering from any severe side effects except some hot flashes, sweating. But I will tolerate those over the pain anyday. This medicine is worth trying, give it a chance. It gives you your life back."

ClaudiaP February 25, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "I have only been taking Savella in HALF of LOWEST DOSE for a week and am showing significant pain improvement. You do NOT have to always take the full dose-everyone is different. Titrate slowly and see what works for you. Also I am hypersensitive to all medicines and vitamins and have only noticed mild side effects with this. Take with food. I also use Corvalen D Ribose powder twice a day to help with the muscle aches and spasms and magnesium spray for relief from restless legs. Good luck."

KC subshine February 25, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "I have had this condition for thirty years. No one should have to live in that much pain for so many years. Doctor started me on Savella 14 days ago. I pray it keeps up the good work. Its about time. I would love to just take this medicine and vitiams. That would be great. I can get out of bed and walk. First time in 30 years. See its not in all our heads."

busymel1234 February 23, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "Since I was 16 years old I've been in so much pain! I also deal with endometriosis and TMJ, so the pain can get pretty unbearable! I'm only 23 and a stay at home mom of a two year old, so you can just imagine how bad things can get! I was finally diagnosed with fibromyalgia last month and my doctor gave me Savella. I can honestly tell you within one week the huge difference it had made! I was very emotional the first time I finally felt relaxed, as you can imagine 7 years of constant pain had taken a huge tool on my young life (which I pretty much missed out on college, parties etc.) I haven't had any side effects with Savella, it has saved me! I really hope it works for you as much as it does for me!"

rhia2012 January 19, 2012