User Reviews for Savella (Page 3)

Learn more about Savella.

Fibromyalgia 274 reviews 20 medications

6.8
Summary of Savella reviews 274 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Savella

For Fibromyalgia "After two months on Savella, I feel like I have gotten my life back! Like others, it hasn't really helped with the neck pain, but all of my other pains have virtually disappeared. I did start even slower than recommended taking a full month to reach the recommended dose of 50mg 2 X day. Side effects include brief nausea 30 minutes after I take a dose, but try to always take with food and this helps. The sweating is bad, but not unbearable. Will see how it goes in the summer. "

Delaeny March 6, 2013

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "60% improvement in pain. 20 years with Fibromyalgia. 46 old female. 110 lbs. Have not seen one mention of thoughts of death or suicide. I experienced this at the 25mg 2X/day. Experience less depression and crying less though. Found myself singing at times and noticed pain not as intense and it was normally extreme. Less neuropathy. Had night sweats. Feeling extreme cold especially hands and feet. Had no drive and wanted to just sit or lay down and not complete or attempt chores. Could not focus and forgetful. I was on Elavil before that made me feel like a zombie but did help with mobility but not so much for pain. The doctor wants me off Savella in two days because of the suicidal thoughts. Says he can't help and sending to pain management."

rejoiceinlife March 6, 2013

For Fibromyalgia "Worked for everything but my neck"

southernmomma (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2013

For Fibromyalgia "I started taking Savella in Jan 2013 after years of other meds for my fibromyalgia. I've had it diagnosed since 1997. The worst side effect is the huge sweats. It was like going through the menopause again. Whew....and I've lost weight, which is a good thing. This sweating may be going away, since I only had three sweat attacks this week. Great med for calming down the fibromyalgia symptoms."

polrbear56 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 23, 2013

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "Gives me more energy and less pain."

LindaLee1941 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 18, 2013

For Fibromyalgia "I started taking Savella about 7 years ago and still use it today. I started taking it in the drug testing phase before it was released to the public. I started out on only 10 mg 3 times daily and slowly built up to 75 mg in the morning and 50 mg at night. In the beginning the side effects were nausea, dry mouth and headache. After a couple of years..high blood pressure too now managed with meds. The benefits far outweigh the side effects. I ride my bike 3 miles a day and work 40 hours a week at a physically demanding job. Stick with it until the side effects subside. It will be worth it."

Mickeys1 January 27, 2013

109 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "I have been on Cymbalta for one year, since G.P. thought I probably have Fibromyalgia. Helped with exhaustion and depression but not so much on pain. Saw a Rheumatologist last week and she confirmed the diagnosis and started me on Savella also. Have only taken 12.5mg for 4 days but my pain is already greatly reduced. No side effects yet, maybe a little bit of a "manic" feeling like I had too much caffeine."

Emilie's mom January 27, 2013

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "Definitely helps."

Lsu1fan (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 16, 2013

For Fibromyalgia "I have been on Savella 12.5mg for three weeks. The horrible aching in my legs that kept me up at night is gone however the pain in neck and shoulders still there. I also have degenerative osteoarthritis (herniated discs) in my lower back. The one thing I noticed with this medication is that I sleep better at night. So far, only dry mouth is a side effect and this is great since I am very sensitive to many medications."

Lindi13 January 11, 2013

For Fibromyalgia "This medicine helped a lot with the pain. The problem was the side effects. I did not mind the weight loss, but the sweating and the high blood pressure were side effects that could not be ignored. Therefore, I had to stop taking it."

Minders8 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 9, 2013

For Fibromyalgia "Some people have commented that their insurance does not cover this medication. I used to have medicare but don't anymore. I went to the Forest Pharmaceutical website where I applied for their patient assistance program. I qualified for the medication for free. You have to go through your doctor and you have to re-apply every 3 months but it is worth it! I was so afraid I would have to stop working, because Savella was working so well for me, I did not want to quit using it. Your doctor probably has some samples you can take while you are waiting for approval from Forest Pharmaceuticals."

tessyib January 4, 2013

For Fibromyalgia "I loved this medicine. It worked extremely well for my fibromyalgia symptoms. Unfortunately I had some severe side effects and had to stop taking it. Blood pressure up to 187/90 and severe headaches even after a month on it...If you only have minor side effects this may be well worth for some."

HeatherFL (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 22, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "I've tried many medications for Fibromyalgia. Most of which made me tired and lethargic all the time. They also made me sick constantly! Ever since I started taking the Savella, I've felt much better on a day to day basis. The Savella doesn't help with all the symptoms, but it takes away a lot of the burning feeling/sensation and also helps with the anxiety and depression as well. I wouldn't trade it for anything else!"

Slpybr67 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 11, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "Savella has been life changing for me. When I initially started the titration pack I had no issues. When moving to the 50mg twice a day, the 1st couple days were rough. So, I moved to taking 25mg in the morning and 50 mg at night. I have only had a couple of very tolerable side effects since (flushing and sweating more than normal). These side effects are more than worth it. I have my life back for the first time in more than 4 years. One thing that is really important is taking it with food and around the same time each day. The difference in my life has brought me to tears (of joy). I would recommend this to others. Don't give up if at first it didn't work for you. Try again and stick with it."

MDC44 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 25, 2012

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "Within the first few days of starting Savella the pain in my arms and legs had disappeared and I was more alert during the day. I had slight nausea and sadness as I completed the titration process, but these symptoms did eventually go away. One of the best things that happened during this time was that my weight stabilized after steadily gaining for 6 months due to the constant exhaustion. Unfortunately my neck and back pain initially worsened but returned to my personal base line after a few weeks. This pain has not gone away, but stayed with me. My only problem may be something unique to me - It took away my drive to be active. I finally have the energy, but now have no desire. Wish I knew how to work this out."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 22, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "I was taking 50mg 2x a day for my fibromyalgia pain. It was working well for my pain but now I'm having side effects. I get a headache and nausea after I take the medicine. I also suffer from chronic migraine headaches so this is very bad to have a medicine adding to my headache problems. I'm so frustrated. Without this medicine I ache so bad I get a headache and I'm miserable but with it I have a migraine. I've probably been on Savella for 3 months now. I've had to cut back to 25mg 1x daily and take Lyrica at night. I will say too that I still had bad shoulder tension while on the medicine, but the rest of my fibromyalgia pain was gone. I was getting my life back."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "I have been taking Savella for over a year, it helped with the pain but the side effects kept getting worse for me, not better. The profuse sweating got worse. It finally became unbearable and I had to stop the medication. I was changing clothes 2 and 3 times a day, and taking 2 showers a day due to the sweating. Also caused body odor."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 18, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "Caused severe heart palpitations. Resting heart rate at a constant 155 bpm. After being taken off by doctor did notice it helped amazing with my fibromyalgia pain. I actually forgot for a few weeks about my constant pain. Since being off it pain is back. Wish I didn't have the side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 14, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "Immediate relief within hours. No longer living in pain every day. I just pray this continues."

Anonymous July 5, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "I have been on Savella for maybe 3 months now. I have seen improvement in my pain BUT the extreme sweating is causing me to rethink if the Savella is worth it. I am a nurse and it's very embarrassing when I have to step out of a room to wipe my face before I start an IV (one of my patients thought her IV was leaking and I had to tell her, "No, it's me". Yesterday was the worst day... My hair was never dry and I was dripping sweat in my face and my eyes were burning. I ordered a sweat band (did not want to do) and will try this before I stop the medication. Hope this helps you."

ukelele June 25, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "Given savella by my doctor. It's a miracle medicine but start slower to avoid side effects. The titration pack is too fast. Also you should stop at the dose that takes care of your pain. I was at 25 mg 2 times a day for a long time. When my stress went up the pain came back so my doctor increased me to the usual dose of 50 mg 2 times a day. Pain is gone! There are coupons on line. I had sweats as the only side effect that went away. I'll take that over the pain any day!"

Anonymous June 9, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "I have had fibromyalgia for many yrs, it was diagnosed possibly 15 years ago. Nothing was really available to my knowledge. About 4 years ago my pain Dr. asked me to try Savella. I did, gradual increases. It worked almost immediately for me. It is a great medication. However, later I began having a skin rash, at first I was told I had ringworm. I went to a dermatologist who diagnosed the rash as psoriasis. I have been treated with every ointment, cream available, uv light etc. Nothing seems to work. I have finally decided this skin condition must be coming from the Savella. I weaned my self off the Savella for about 3 weeks now. The condition has improved greatly, But I want to take the Savella, it is great. Need a 2nd opinion on my rash."

Pat Scannon (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 24, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "I was first given Cymbalta and it did not help at all. Since stopping Cymbalta and starting Savella I have had about 50% relief in my fibromyalgia symptom. I still have good and bad days, but the bad days are so much easier to get through! I didn't think it was possible and was very skeptical at first, since I am already on several other medications and have tried several more medications over the years. Sometimes I felt like a guinea pig, so it is so nice to get some relief."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "Savella was awesome for my chronic back pain. Unfortunately the side effects were too serious. My blood pressure sky rocketed to 160/110, my resting heart rate sky rocketed to 136, and my estradiol levels plummeted to that of a postmenopausal woman (I'm only 37 with no history of early menopause). I experienced hot flashes that would have me dripping in sweat with absolutely no physical exertion whatsoever. If it weren't for side effects I'd love to take it. I sincerely hope there are people out there who can take this and not experience the side effects, because it was like a miracle for the pain."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 15, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "Day 8 and increasing dosage slowly. Foggy brain better. Some areas of pain are better, but hands/wrist are at a 10 pain level now. Swollen and tender. Not sure what is going on but hope it tones down soon. It feels like the hydrocodone is not working as well now and little pain relief. Nausea and hot flashes are the main side effects so far. I noted others were taking night dose early in day to help with not sleeping at night. Will try that since I am still awake half the night."

Anonymous April 20, 2012