User Reviews for Savella

Learn more about Savella.

Fibromyalgia 253 reviews 21 medications

6.8
Summary of Savella reviews 253 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Savella

For Fibromyalgia "I have had fibromyalgia for many yrs, it was diagnosed possibly 15 years ago. Nothing was really available to my knowledge. About 4 years ago my pain Dr. asked me to try Savella. I did, gradual increases. It worked almost immediately for me. It is a great medication. However, later I began having a skin rash, at first I was told I had ringworm. I went to a dermatologist who diagnosed the rash as psoriasis. I have been treated with every ointment, cream available, uv light etc. Nothing seems to work. I have finally decided this skin condition must be coming from the Savella. I weaned my self off the Savella for about 3 weeks now. The condition has improved greatly, But I want to take the Savella, it is great. Need a 2nd opinion on my rash."

Pat Scannon (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 24, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "I was first given Cymbalta and it did not help at all. Since stopping Cymbalta and starting Savella I have had about 50% relief in my fibromyalgia symptom. I still have good and bad days, but the bad days are so much easier to get through! I didn't think it was possible and was very skeptical at first, since I am already on several other medications and have tried several more medications over the years. Sometimes I felt like a guinea pig, so it is so nice to get some relief."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "Savella was awesome for my chronic back pain. Unfortunately the side effects were too serious. My blood pressure sky rocketed to 160/110, my resting heart rate sky rocketed to 136, and my estradiol levels plummeted to that of a postmenopausal woman (I'm only 37 with no history of early menopause). I experienced hot flashes that would have me dripping in sweat with absolutely no physical exertion whatsoever. If it weren't for side effects I'd love to take it. I sincerely hope there are people out there who can take this and not experience the side effects, because it was like a miracle for the pain."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 15, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "Day 8 and increasing dosage slowly. Foggy brain better. Some areas of pain are better, but hands/wrist are at a 10 pain level now. Swollen and tender. Not sure what is going on but hope it tones down soon. It feels like the hydrocodone is not working as well now and little pain relief. Nausea and hot flashes are the main side effects so far. I noted others were taking night dose early in day to help with not sleeping at night. Will try that since I am still awake half the night."

Anonymous April 20, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "I have been on Savella for about 2 weeks now and I have not had any side effects.. Today I feel a bit tired but other then that I really like how most of my pain is gone and also have lost about 15 lbs in about 2 1/2 weeks.. I am really happy that I am able to move around like normal. Yes I do give myself time to relax that is the key when having this fibromyalgia. I give Savella 2 thumbs up."

JJ1218 March 26, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "I have been taking Savella for a year now for my fibromyalgia. I was weaned off Cymbalta and on to Savella. The first month or so when starting on Savella I had extreme nausea, but when it passed it was worth it. It worked really well on my fibro symptoms and allowed me to be somewhat active again (gardening, swimming, chasing my young children). About 6 months into taking Savella I started having dizziness and heart palpitations that caused me to suddenly feel like I was going to pass out and then I would vomit. My doctor lessened my 100mg dosage to 50mg and the episodes stopped, but my fibro symptoms slowly started coming back. So then I went up to 75mg to treat the symptoms. Now, after being on it for a year it has stopped working."

Ambro500 March 22, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "Savella gave me my life back!! I was diagnosed in 1999 during junior year of high school and I am now 30 years old and able to start living my life again. I am now holding down a part time job, returning to school full time in a medical technology program and reconnecting with friends. I have a life again, I have a future again thanks to this medication!"

Anonymous February 29, 2012

For Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome "I was diagnosed with RSD almost 4 years ago. I have had 4 surgeries between my wrist and shoulder and have not had a moment without pain. I have been on multiple pain meds and pain patches and sufferred severe allergic reactions. Recently things were so bad due to the extreme amount of pain I was feeling I was using Ultram ER and my doctor added Savella, the combination of these 2 medicines has finally made my pain tolerable. I am not suffering from any severe side effects except some hot flashes, sweating. But I will tolerate those over the pain anyday. This medicine is worth trying, give it a chance. It gives you your life back."

ClaudiaP February 25, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "I have only been taking Savella in HALF of LOWEST DOSE for a week and am showing significant pain improvement. You do NOT have to always take the full dose-everyone is different. Titrate slowly and see what works for you. Also I am hypersensitive to all medicines and vitamins and have only noticed mild side effects with this. Take with food. I also use Corvalen D Ribose powder twice a day to help with the muscle aches and spasms and magnesium spray for relief from restless legs. Good luck."

KC subshine February 25, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "I have had this condition for thirty years. No one should have to live in that much pain for so many years. Doctor started me on Savella 14 days ago. I pray it keeps up the good work. Its about time. I would love to just take this medicine and vitiams. That would be great. I can get out of bed and walk. First time in 30 years. See its not in all our heads."

busymel1234 February 23, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "Since I was 16 years old I've been in so much pain! I also deal with endometriosis and TMJ, so the pain can get pretty unbearable! I'm only 23 and a stay at home mom of a two year old, so you can just imagine how bad things can get! I was finally diagnosed with fibromyalgia last month and my doctor gave me Savella. I can honestly tell you within one week the huge difference it had made! I was very emotional the first time I finally felt relaxed, as you can imagine 7 years of constant pain had taken a huge tool on my young life (which I pretty much missed out on college, parties etc.) I haven't had any side effects with Savella, it has saved me! I really hope it works for you as much as it does for me!"

rhia2012 January 19, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "This medicine only worked for the first month for me. I would take it as directed but then suddenly the pain came back with a searing vengeance. It may just be me because everything I have tried for the fibromyalgia has done the same thing. There were more side effects on the Savella then on anything else I have taken. It made me lose a lot of weight because I couldn't eat through the nausea, and the hot flashes were horrible. Overall this medicine has seemed to help a lot of people but it wasn't right for me."

Anonymous January 14, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "I have tried every medicine and NOTHING worked for my pain. I have been on Savella for a little over a month now and I am almost pain free. Savella has given me my life back! Doctor was very careful when upping the dose so I've just been on the full dosage of 50 mg. Twice a day for a week now. No adverse side effects at all. I am a 56 year old female. The only other medicines I take is my 2 medicines for high blood pressure. My blood pressure is being monitored and so far everything is fine. I highly recommend this. It is a miracle for me."

Grandma of 4 January 14, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "I have been taking Savella for 8 weeks now. I was recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia after battling with the symptoms for 4 years. At first, Savella was terrible. I took the titration pack which gradually ups the dose until you get to 50mg twice a day. I wanted to stop after the second day. I was feeling angry, having headaches, nausea, and some vomiting... you name the symptom and I had it. For whatever reason, I pushed through and it gradually become better. I noticed after a week I was waking up with more ease than I had in 4 years and I didn't have the overwhelming fatigue I usually did. The only side effect that I still have is hot flash/sweating. Sometimes it seems unbearable but compared to the fatigue/pain I think I can handle it."

Anonymous January 6, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "I have been taking Savella for about 3 weeks and it has made such a difference in my life. I felt like I was ready to just give up for the last year it was getting so hard to push through the pain and being tired and sleepy all the time. I went to my doctor and she gave me Savella and gave me my life back. I have suffered no side effects yet and I hope I don't because I haven't felt this good in a very long time. If you haven't tried this please do ...it could change your life."

Carper December 20, 2011

For Fibromyalgia "I've started Savella a couple months ago. I was previously taking Lyrica and was having weight gain even though I eat really healthy. I also could not lose weight while taking the Lyrica. Since taking the Savella, I have lost 8 lbs since October and I'm not eating any differently than before. The Savella does not make me tired and sleepy like the Lyrica did so I'm enjoying more energy (a definite plus for those of us with Fibromyalgia). I have also discontinued Lyrica, Ultram, Cymbalta, Mirapex and Topamax. I feel that the Savella must be controlling my restless leg syndrome and also helping to control migraines....of course I will keep an eye on these. My only complaint is the hot flashes and I seem to be always hot."

djdunfee December 8, 2011

For Fibromyalgia "I recently had been on Cymbalta and it didn't help me at all. The Savella has really made a difference and I've only been on it for 3 weeks. Loving it, glad I stuck with it and worked my way through the side effects. I haven't felt this good in years."

Anonymous November 11, 2011

For Fibromyalgia "Before I finished the sample pack, I was calling my Doctor for a prescription. As others I have tried any and all medications. In August the pain was so intense I was unable to bend over, let alone last past 5:00 before having to lay down. There are side effects to all medications, it's all about your attitude, I'm always hopeful when the Doctor gives me something new. Savella is the answer to my prayers, stick it out you will be happy with the results."

Tlclilly November 11, 2011

For Fibromyalgia "After suffering with fibromyalgia for over 20 years I am so relieved to have found Savella. I took an article I read to the nurse covering for my doctor and she read the reviews and gave me a prescription. I started with 50 mg per day and now take 200mg per day and have been taking it for almost 2 months! Yes, I have had some severe sweats, but they are nothing compared to the pain, depression, etc. I have had for so long. Even after reading the side effects and drug interactions I won't go off of it for anything. It is the first real relief I have had since they decided my pains were real. Dr. had originally put me on Cymballta but I couldn't stand the way it made me feel--first week I was a mess and friends noticed big difference."

svlady17 November 9, 2011

For Fibromyalgia "I am pain free for the first time since I can remember. I have had no side effects although I have been diagnosed with multiple forms of dysautonomia so I am used to my body not making sense! I used to get migraines everyday at 3 am, terrible neck and shoulder pain, burning and tingling in my feet, hands and scalp along with the general other pains associated with fibromaylgia. I am pleased to say that Savella has taken this away by 80%! I will take it!"

Anonymous November 3, 2011

For Fibromyalgia "I have been on Savella for 3 weeks now for fibromyalgia. I have had good results overall. I feel much better. I have debilitating exhaustion much less frequently now. I have made it through entire work weeks, 2 weeks in a row now. I have had a couple of days that I felt almost normal and was able to do things like light housework and laundry after an 8 hour work day! I have had some side effects like headaches, trouble regulating my body temp and heavy duty sweating at times (while my hands and feet are freezing!), and some feelings of skin crawling. Unfortunately I have also experienced some sexual side effects hopefully that will go away. I can live with the other effects."

flogerber October 29, 2011

For Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome "Horrible side effects. I take 12 different medicines each day and when Savella was added the side effects that occurred were--speech impairment, motor skills were dulled, very dulled, just not myself. Couldn't recognize people, couldn't function normally."

yodkanukis69 October 27, 2011

For Fibromyalgia "This medicine is God sent. I am thankful every day that my doctor was awesome enough to suggest it. I still have golf ball sized knots on my back and would like a back massage 24/7 but who wouldn't! I love it and don't even know if I could continue to get out of bed every day without it."

KAment October 21, 2011

For Fibromyalgia "I had to stop taking Savella when titrating to 100 mg daily because my normally low normal blood pressure skyrocketed. Just prior to that it caused blurred vision and migraines. I reported the side effects to the FDA. I have a long history of fibromyalgia, 16 spinal disc bulges and herniations, polyarthralgias, arthritis and severe myofascial syndrome. Now, several months later I am willing to try another trial because the Savella is the only thing that helped me. I bought a blood pressure cuff and will monitor my pressure daily and will not go beyond 50 - 75 mg/day if I get relief. Hopeful."

Anonymous October 8, 2011

For Fibromyalgia "This one caused me to have constant chest pain and barely controllable rage. I've heard it works for some and I am happy for anyone to be able to find relief in whatever way they can. Savella just was definitely not for me. "

seren0617 September 29, 2011