User Reviews for Savella

Learn more about Savella.

Reviews for Savella to treat Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome

Review by zieMc:

Have been taking Savella for 3.5 months - started because of chemo induced neuropathy. The only side effect that I did not know was a side effect until I read this board, was sweating in head area. I was having severe pain in both hands and arms and it is virtually gone. Also, I have lost 13 lbs. and could not figure out what why - guess this could be the miracle for weight loss. Very pleased with Savella, wish I had known about it two years ago.

September 27, 2013 2:11 PM

Review by 1brokenbone:

I have had a severe case RSD/CRPS1 since 2007, as it began with an injury to my spinal cord in 2006 after a fracture. I have been on, and am still on, many medications to treat different aspects of it. I have been taking Savella since 2009 to help with the severe burning in both my feet, as well as my legs and pelvis. I also experience something that feels like a red hot fire poker sticking in the bottom of my foot. Savella has been the only medicine that has helped reduce these symptoms- and I have tried every single medicine out there for nerve pain/burning- either with horrible side effects or no results. Savella has worked the best. The only issue is I do notice headaches as I titrated up on the medicine.

June 29, 2013 2:43 PM

Review by ClaudiaP:

I was diagnosed with RSD almost 4 years ago. I have had 4 surgeries between my wrist and shoulder and have not had a moment without pain. I have been on multiple pain meds and pain patches and sufferred severe allergic reactions. Recently things were so bad due to the extreme amount of pain I was feeling I was using Ultram ER and my doctor added Savella, the combination of these 2 medicines has finally made my pain tolerable. I am not suffering from any severe side effects except some hot flashes, sweating. But I will tolerate those over the pain anyday. This medicine is worth trying, give it a chance. It gives you your life back.

February 25, 2012 9:17 PM

Review by yodkanukis69:

Horrible side effects. I take 12 different medicines each day and when Savella was added the side effects that occurred were--speech impairment, motor skills were dulled, very dulled, just not myself. Couldn't recognize people, couldn't function normally.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate