User Reviews for Midodrine

Also known as: Orvaten, ProAmatine

Learn more about Midodrine.

Dysautonomia 4 reviews 53 medications

9.3
Hypotension 3 reviews 6 medications

9.3
Postural Orthostatic...ycardia Syndrome 7 reviews 8 medications

7.6
Summary of Midodrine reviews 14 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Midodrine

Orvaten (midodrine) for Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome: "I take 10mg midodrine three times a day for Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome. It has changed my life completely. I'm able to be active and do all the things I used to avoid. I go to concerts, movies on opening night, and shopping at places with long lines. I can date without worrying about whether we're going somewhere that I'll need to stand still. There are side effects - weird sensations and goosebumps mostly. The benefit far outweighs any negative effects or risks."

HS004 August 13, 2014

ProAmatine (midodrine) for Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome: "Has definitely helped along with the Digoxin I take to keep me from feeling faint or dizzy. Has improved my quality of life quite a bit. The side effects (for me) are not bad enough to make me stop taking it."

potsy_kaira July 21, 2014

For Dysautonomia: "I started taking Midodrine early last year and like others before me have said...it's the best thing since sliced bread! I had to get out of the military because of bradycardia and vaso-vagal syncope and I was taking fludrocortisone at the time. The Florinef was awful, my hair was falling out, my nails were tissue paper thin (and painful), and I was still passing out every time I stood up. Midodrine has allowed me to do the things I love! I am a serious bowler (trying to go pro) and without this awesome stuff. I wouldn't be able to bowl more than one game (and very slowly) without passing out. I can also take showers STANDING UP! *GASP!!!* What a concept! It's a lovely medication! My only quabble is the tingling on my head."

Le Me! (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 9, 2014

ProAmatine (midodrine) for Dysautonomia: "I can't stand up without it."

zahta32 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 24, 2012

For Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome: "Goosebumps on arms, legs, chest and back; scalp tingling. Reduced my POTS episodes to one or two a month. Wish it were a once-a-day pill instead of every four hours. I take it early morning, lunch and late afternoon."

MarkS. February 1, 2012

For Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome: "Midodrine does not affect postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome, you need a beta-blocker for that (I am on Propranolol) which keeps your heart from kickstarting the fainting reflex that POTS patients are very susceptible to. Midodrine saved my life, it allows me to literally get up off the floor and get on with life. I have been on it for 10 years, it has a very short life span so I take both medicines every 3 hours. I am able to function quite well, not super-duper, but I can do most things. If it ever is pulled off the market I will literally be going to another country."

POTS&Dysautomia August 17, 2011

For Hypotension: "I have been on this medicine for thirteen years (since age 17) without issue. Taking this medicine enables me to live my life with only the occasional (rather than inevitable) fainting, dizziness and exhaustion. My doctor tried to switch me to lower doses, but my symptoms immediately kick in and make it difficult to function. Regular doses have made all the difference in my life."

Anonymous July 20, 2011

For Dysautonomia: "After trying a few other drugs in combination, adding midodrine was what enabled me to get out of bed and sit up without fainting, dizziness and drastic hypotension. I can now stand and walk, and participate in life when before, I was bed-bound. Yes, I now have very itchy, sensitive skin and scalp; but I will gladly suffer that slight annoyance to be able to function. I am glad its a shorter acting drug, even though I have to dose in the middle of the day, because it gets out of my system before I go to bed and don't change from hypotension to hypertension."

jamernay November 6, 2010

ProAmatine (midodrine) for Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome: "Didn't seem to lower my heart rate very much, except when I tried to walk around in physical therapy class. Then it caused a severe drop in my heart rate, from about 95 in the relaxed sitting position, to below the 50s when I walked a few yards. Bradycardia is a documented side effect, and unfortunately one I suffered from. Also had lots of goosebumps, tingling scalp, chills and flushing throughout the day. I'm not totally knocking it, because I know it works for some POTS patients, but it wasn't the medicine for me."

POTSgrrrrl October 1, 2010

ProAmatine (midodrine) for Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome: "ProAmatine is the best thing since sliced bread! Without ProAmatine POTS patients like me would not be able to function! The side effects are minimal and short lasting (they usually go away within the first week) and it gives people their lives back!"

Ddominelli August 17, 2010

For Hypotension: "I am greatly disappointed that they are going to take Midodrine off the market. I have taken it for about 8 years with fantastic results. Without it I have syncope often, I am really researching what to do because I rely on this medicine for help with my hypotension. Tried to go off of it once, passed out in my bosses arms - that was embarrassing - got back on it and not a problem since. Even on medication my blood pressure runs 100/70....but off of Midodrine I have to work to keep at 88/60, sometimes I am less than that and syncope is definite. I WISH they would reconsider taking it off the market."

keezheekoni August 17, 2010

For Hypotension: "It significantly improved my mother's quality of life. She is a heart and renal patient and due to low blood pressure, she was always feeling dizzy and was unable to carry out simple tasks at home. She was always sitting or lying down. Since this medication was started she has improved alot without experiencing any side effects. Positive result with this medication. It should be licensed."

Anonymous February 24, 2010

ProAmatine (midodrine) for Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome: "Rash, goosebumps even when hot, odd blood pressure swings, scalp tingling and other problems. Was taken off it fairly quickly."

simplivin December 20, 2009

ProAmatine (midodrine) for Dysautonomia: "This medication gave me back my life. I was passing out everywhere. People in Target hated to see me coming. I passed out in a parking lot and prayed I wouldn't be run over. I had hypotension and vaso-vagal syncope upon movement. This didn't "cure" it, but helped me so much."

lvnpeace September 29, 2009