User Reviews for Monistat 7

Learn more about Monistat 7.

Monistat 7 Rating Summary

3.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 49 medications used in the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection.

Reviews for Monistat 7 to treat Vaginal Yeast Infection

"This is my second day on the cream. Last night was the first time I inserted it, and it did itch a whole lot more than before. It made me cry! However, throughout today it didn't itch once like it did yesterday. I just put the second tube in and it only made it itch a little. So, I figured it's killing the infection. I do recommend going to the doctor and getting the pill and cream they prescribe you, it's a lot better than going good through all this itching. My doctor told me to get Monistat this time. If it doesn't work I will be at the doctor for that pill!!!"

Anonymous April 14, 2016

"Oh my goddddddd my vag is so itchy!! :(:( this is absolutely terrible and NOT worth the $20 bucks, even if it does work. Save your money, go to the gyno, and get oral meds. This is coming from someone who used to have chronic YI's for 4 years straight! My YI's stopped when I started taking probiotics daily, eating less (much less) sugar, and drinking a lot of water with ACV (apple cider vinegar). I always went to the gyno and I'm so mad at myself for trying to save like $30-$40 bucks. I don't even understand how this is legal??? Like there are treatments that are oral that work and Boric Acid but they ALL need prescriptions. So annoying!! Ughhhh I hope my sleep aid kicks in soon :(. Never buying this again."

Wtf?!? March 24, 2016

"I bought this for a previous yeast infection and experienced the same results. Unbearable itching and burning. I have another yeast infection in the early stages and thought maybe catching it early will result in less severe symptoms from the Monistat. I was very wrong. Within a minute of applying and inserting the cream, I experienced that unbearable itching and burning again. I thought maybe it was a temporary feeling, so I toughed it out for a few minutes. No relief at all, so I got up and used the bathroom. Then sat in the shower until I could manage to get it all out. Monistat does not work at all. If anything, it's giving you a taste of an even worse pain so maybe the yeast infection doesn't seem as terrible. 0/10 would buy again"

Will never buy again (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2016

"I have not had a YI in about 20 years. Since I know the symptoms, when I felt irritated and itchy down there, although I had no discharge, I figured it was a YI, and to get the Monistat 7 cream. 20 years ago it was not available over the counter, only through prescription. The first night, within minutes, the burning and itching started and I was extremely uncomfortable. After a few hours, it stopped. Tonight is Day 2, and after insertion, I have no itching or burning sensation like I did the the first night. I will continue to use all of this product for the entire 7 nights. Actually, there is no reaction at all on night 2. I guess the medicine started working after the first night. Hang in there and give it a chance."

Help Is On The Way March 12, 2016

"I've been reading the reviews 5 minutes after I inserted the cream in. At first I thought I was too much of a pussy not being tough enough to endure to burning pain. I admit, I'm still a wuss, but Do not try this cream. It hurts so bad beyond what you can take. The worst part of my story is, my GYN doc was the one who told me to get it!!!!!!!! WHAT THE F***!! I followed every protocol, I called, made an appointment, met with the doc, got the recommended treatment. What part did I do wrong???? It's so painful!!!! Is it a punishment rather than treatment for not taking care of myself well enough?????? Not getting it ever again, I don't care about the pill side effect anymore! What could be worse than this on-fire feeling???"

SetoA (taken for less than 1 month) March 9, 2016

"I wish I would have read this before buying. My second YI & the store I went to doesn't have many options to choose from only Monistat & generic for Miconazole. First night felt extreme burning upon inserting started to lessen after a few min. But oh my, I was scared I actually burned my insides off. 30 min here I am typing this. I'm glad I don't have it as bad as most. Its actually going away now. Not sure wether to try the second day though. I survived tonite. It's obvious the 3day one is much worse since it has more mg of medication. No itchy feeling here thank God. Do not buy this."

Burnnnn (taken for less than 1 month) March 7, 2016

"This is my first night using monistat 7. I can tell you that the itching was so irritating...almost unbearable. But, after about 15 or so minutes, it subsided. I do still have itching, but it's much better. I'm hoping it gets better and everything gets back to normal down there"

Jesssica_Nicole January 31, 2016

"For a little background, I had my 1st yeast infection at 20 after a course of powerful antibiotics. Ever since, I got them every 3-6 months for the last two years. Mine almost never itched, but the discharge is just... unappealing, no? I find Monistat is really a "facilitative" cure. I take the 7-day, which is less concentrated than the 1 day many doctors advise against (I'm also a premed graduate) so I experience no burning. Just a little warmth. For me, Monistat helps clear up the yeast so I can tackle the real problem: improper pH and bacterial imbalance. Ladies, try the 7-day miconazole with a good, refrigerated probiotic - at least 15 billion cultures! I'm not sure about chronic sufferers, but I was recurrent and it worked."

AnaBri (taken for less than 1 month) January 30, 2016

"I never had a yeast infection until I got pregnant and so today was my first day using Monistat 7 & the itching and burning is no joke but going to fight through it because I don't like having it"

First time ever January 29, 2016

"I just inserted my first dose of this medication and note I'm curled up on the bed with my legs clenched together because of the constant burning and itching on the inside of my "Va jay jay"... This is my first and hopefully last Yeast infection.. I was taking an antibiotic for bronchitis and one of the side effects was that it may cause a yeast infection..."

Unknown 87 January 23, 2016

"Holy moly....first day using this and I wanted to scream within minutes of inserting. The burning and itching is so much worse than the original symptoms. Hoping that this actually works but not sure if I can take 7 days!!!!! Should have read these reviews first."

Anonymous January 22, 2016

"Same here i just started using it today as soon as I inserted the cream it felt so bad, burning and itching like crazy. I think its doing its job ....lets hope it cures it :)"

Kbee January 14, 2016

"HOLY MOLY! just like everyone else I read these reviews . After I inserted this I felt like it burst into flames. It started with mild itching/burning but as I read these experiences it hit me full force like a furnace. I will eat yogurt FOREVER and garlic everyday if it will keep me away from this product. I laughed at myself the entire time I was writhing in pain! Reading these definitely helped and momma didn't raise a quitter but I'm going to have to walk away from this product and just make an appointment with the doc."

Fire woman (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2016

"I have always been prone to YIs, but this is the worst experience I've had thus far. I've never experienced the burning and itching with treatment. It's always felt better as soon as I began treatment. I was actually worried that something else was wrong and wondering if I should start asking my boyfriend some questions. Glad I read these reviews before I got too worked up! Lol! Sheesh! The burning and itching is pretty bad and I'm only on night 2. I'm very uncomfortable, but hopefully it will subside as I get further into the treatment."

Worse Than Before (taken for less than 1 month) January 3, 2016

"Doctor recommended monistat 7 I inserted the medicine and 2 min later the itching and burning began. I wanted to cry , I laid in bed tossing and turning in pain . Went to wipe some of it off after 30 min. It's my first night and I don't think I can do the other 6 days. But reading the comments has got my mind off of it . It's been 2 hrs and I'm still itching and burning. No sleep for me tonight :("

Nenaaa (taken for less than 1 month) January 3, 2016

"So I started itching in my private area! I diagnosed myself because I tried to go to ER but I was there for like 4 hours waiting for a doc. I got this Monistat 7 day. Yesterday was my first day and it burned and itched so bad I felt worse. So tonight I did it again (mind u I had no itching/burning all day but once I did my treatment it burned itched badly. I'm stopping this Medicine. Not worth almost 20 dollars. I never had this issue before so I didn't know whether it was a yeast infection. Best bet is to see an MD instead. Not happy customer!"

XtinaNavy (taken for less than 1 month) January 2, 2016

"I have my first yeast infection and it was suggested to me that I take Monistat 7. I was told it was the best and would make sure that I didn't have it by the end, versus 1 and 3. I read reviews and was REALLY worried, but everyone that I talked to said that they didn't know anybody who has a problem. Well let me tell you what......I sure had a PROBLEM! After putting on the cream for the night I was writing in pain/itch. It was so bad I could feel myself wanting to cry. It was HORRID!!!! I told the people who suggested this to me and they had NEVER had that experience. We're thinking the formula changed. I'll be going to the Drs on Monday."

Katie023 (taken for less than 1 month) January 1, 2016

"Horrible cream. It makes you more itch. I would not recommend monsitat for anyone. Don't waste your time and money for this product. Thanks"

Deep Kali December 23, 2015

"Oh man does this burn! ugh just used first treatment......... Yikes.,......."

Anonymous December 23, 2015

"This hurts so bad ! This is my first time having a YI and I wish I would have tried the yogurt because that seems like it helps better then the cream. I'm itching so much and it's burning. I'm trying the cold water bottle and putting it down there and it isn't helping much . I really don't think I will be using the rest of the applicators because of this horrible pain I am experiencing right now. Absolutely can't not endure this pain and I want to scratch it so bad or either take it out . I just hope it makes my YI go away !"

Thicks97 December 23, 2015