User Reviews for Metronidazole

Also known as: Flagyl, Flagyl 375, Flagyl ER, Flagyl IV, Metro, Metro IV, Metryl, Protostat

Learn more about Metronidazole.

Reviews for Metronidazole to treat Helicobacter Pylori Infection

"I hardly have any side effects (day4/5). One positive effect is that I am much more happy. Not sure what or why. I did have a headache tonight and I felt kind of like I am withdrawing from caffeine. (I don't drink coffee) Only one occasion of constipation a few days ago but ate a lot of fiber to take care of this. Urine is darker than normal in the morning & that's with same amount of water a day, average 4 pint glasses per day. This drug seems to have weakened parasite in gut, can't wait to get the other meds. I sleep well and no other side effects. Maybe some subtle balance problems when walking."

Psalm 91 (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2015

"I've just finished these and felt a bit strange and dizzy. Was glad the 7 days were over! However 3 days now since I finished them and today I am feeling awful terrible diarrhea and sickness, so it doesn't necessarily finish when you stop then. You still shouldn't drink alcohol for at least 2 days after stopping them!"

DougsterMan March 20, 2015

Flagyl (metronidazole): "Most horrible side effects: Bitter taste in mouth even hours after administration, balance problems, confusion, surroundings seem unreal, like walking in a dream ( not a good one) concentration problems, general malaise, not able to eat anything but oatmeal and mashed potatoes. Extreme weight loss. Had to stop after 11 doses. Stomach worse then before. I have to add that I also had Amoxicillin and Protonix at the same time, maybe the combination was at fault for this extreme reaction."

Traude (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2014

"Metronidazole causes me to have headaches, bloated stomach with cramps(sometimes severe), and a heavy feeling. Prescribed for H-Pylori treatment for 10 days along with Clarithomycin. It also causes a lack of appetite. When taking this medicine, it will taste bad and leave a bad taste in your mouth and throat for a few hours. I find drinking a hot beverage like cocoa or low acid coffee after taking it has helped relieve the bad taste but doesn't get rid of it completely. For Manufacturer's: Manufacturer's should really consider making this as a hard caplet. Maybe even adding a flavor enhancer. In it's current form, it almost immediately starts dissolving before being swallowed with a disgusting salty taste."

sgenter (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2013

"I have really bad headaches taking this and its only my second day on this. I also feel very very tired and a heavy and foggy head I feel dizzy as well. I feel a little sick but not to bad and I have a funny taste in my mouth I have another 8 days of taking this and just hope I don't feel worse or I might have to stop. I also have stabbing pains in my belly which I never had before. "

mizzx February 2, 2012

"Awful! Constant headache, being sick, diarrhea, sore stomach, dizzy, feel hungry during the night."

Anonymous December 4, 2011