User Reviews for Metronidazole

Also known as: Flagyl, Flagyl 375, Flagyl ER, Flagyl IV, Metro, Metro IV, Metryl, Protostat

Learn more about Metronidazole.

Reviews for Metronidazole to treat Helicobacter Pylori Infection

Review by Traude (taken for less than 1 month):

Flagyl (metronidazole): Most horrible side effects: Bitter taste in mouth even hours after administration, balance problems, confusion, surroundings seem unreal, like walking in a dream ( not a good one) concentration problems, general malaise, not able to eat anything but oatmeal and mashed potatoes. Extreme weight loss. Had to stop after 11 doses. Stomach worse then before. I have to add that I also had Amoxicillin and Protonix at the same time, maybe the combination was at fault for this extreme reaction.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 19, 2014 7:57 PM

Review by sgenter (taken for less than 1 month):

Metronidazole causes me to have headaches, bloated stomach with cramps(sometimes severe), and a heavy feeling. Prescribed for H-Pylori treatment for 10 days along with Clarithomycin. It also causes a lack of appetite. When taking this medicine, it will taste bad and leave a bad taste in your mouth and throat for a few hours. I find drinking a hot beverage like cocoa or low acid coffee after taking it has helped relieve the bad taste but doesn't get rid of it completely. For Manufacturer's: Manufacturer's should really consider making this as a hard caplet. Maybe even adding a flavor enhancer. In it's current form, it almost immediately starts dissolving before being swallowed with a disgusting salty taste.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 28, 2013 12:00 PM

Review by mizzx:

I have really bad headaches taking this and its only my second day on this. I also feel very very tired and a heavy and foggy head I feel dizzy as well. I feel a little sick but not to bad and I have a funny taste in my mouth I have another 8 days of taking this and just hope I don't feel worse or I might have to stop. I also have stabbing pains in my belly which I never had before.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 2, 2012 4:18 PM

Awful! Constant headache, being sick, diarrhea, sore stomach, dizzy, feel hungry during the night.

December 4, 2011 8:07 PM