User Reviews for Metronidazole

Also known as: Flagyl, Flagyl 375, Flagyl ER, Flagyl IV, Metro, Metro IV, Metryl, Protostat

Learn more about Metronidazole.

Reviews for Metronidazole to treat Helicobacter Pylori Infection

Review by sgenter (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

metronidazole: Metronidazole causes me to have headaches, bloated stomach with cramps(sometimes severe), and a heavy feeling. Prescribed for H-Pylori treatment for 10 days along with Clarithomycin. It also causes a lack of appetite. When taking this medicine, it will taste bad and leave a bad taste in your mouth and throat for a few hours. I find drinking a hot beverage like cocoa or low acid coffee after taking it has helped relieve the bad taste but doesn't get rid of it completely. For Manufacturer's: Manufacturer's should really consider making this as a hard caplet. Maybe even adding a flavor enhancer. In it's current form, it almost immediately starts dissolving before being swallowed with a disgusting salty taste.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 28, 2013 12:00 PM
Review by mizzx:

metronidazole: I have really bad headaches taking this and its only my second day on this. I also feel very very tired and a heavy and foggy head I feel dizzy as well. I feel a little sick but not to bad and I have a funny taste in my mouth I have another 8 days of taking this and just hope I don't feel worse or I might have to stop. I also have stabbing pains in my belly which I never had before.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 2, 2012 4:18 PM

metronidazole: Awful! Constant headache, being sick, diarrhea, sore stomach, dizzy, feel hungry during the night.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate