User Reviews for Metronidazole

Also known as: Flagyl, Flagyl 375, Flagyl ER, Flagyl IV, Metro, Metro IV, Metryl, Protostat

Learn more about Metronidazole.

Metronidazole review summary

7.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 25 medications used in the treatment of Dental Abscess.

Reviews for Metronidazole to treat Dental Abscess

Review by baroness140: User Rating:

metronidazole: I was put on amoxicillin for abscessed tooth and it helped but did not completely clear the infection. Am on Flagyl now and I feel better than I have in years. Instead of sleeping ten hours a night I am sleeping about six and yet I have more energy than I have ever had. I feel so good right now that I would like to take this forever. My fibromyalgia is in remission and the chronic fatigue is gone. This is an awesome. I wonder if the really bad side effects for other patients is because they are allergic to it, or this antibiotic is just not the right one for the infection that they have (and are they staying away from fermented sugars/alcohol?).

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 23, 2014 3:56 PM
Review by Wisey1981: User Rating:

metronidazole: Was given 3 x 400mg daily for 5 days, after I had 4 teeth extracted under sedation. It made me feel very unwell. So tired, headaches, dizzy, no energy, a brain fog too. No tooth or gum infection though ! Stopped taking it 24 hours ago, hoping to feel better soon.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 30, 2013 10:11 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

metronidazole: I on my 3rd day with this pill for my wisdom tooth being infected. Several side effects include feeling sick to the stomach, loss of appetite, dizziness and weakness. I have 2 days left and only a little bit of the pain has gone.

July 25, 2012 3:42 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Flagyl (metronidazole): This was the first time I received Metronidazole for a tooth infection, usually they prescribe Keflex (cephalexin) or Amoxacillin. I would say that the Metronidazole worked quicker at easing the pain and It wasn't a capsule so I had an easier time swallowing it however, I have been suffering serious nausea followed by diarhea since I began taking it. Then last night without thinking about the interaction had a few drinks and spent the night vomiting and very ill with nausea, dry heaves etc. DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL WITH THIS MEDICINE and always read your labels and accompanying info, I usually do but I've never had any kind of reaction to an antibiotic so I got lazy I suppose, because it was clearly stated on the bottle.

July 12, 2012 12:02 PM
Review by dr d: User Rating:

Flagyl (metronidazole): It is very useful for treating dental abscess but a combination will work better, along with amoxicillin. Flagyl alone might not be good enough.

July 13, 2010 12:56 PM
Review by The Granny: User Rating:

metronidazole: It worked so well, I came off the Motrin.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 22, 2010 10:44 PM
Review by refa3a: User Rating:

Flagyl (metronidazole): It is a good antibiotic for anaerobic bacteria. I prescribe it for my patients in conjunction with another antibiotic for the aerobic bacteria (example Amoxil).

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 12, 2009 2:30 PM