User Reviews for Metronidazole (Page 4)

Also known as: Flagyl, Flagyl 375, Flagyl ER, Flagyl IV, Metro, Metro IV, Metryl, Protostat

Learn more about Metronidazole.

Crohn's Disease, Maintenance 3 reviews 25 medications

Intraabdominal Infection 1 reviews 56 medications

5.7
Summary of Metronidazole reviews 701 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Metronidazole

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I was diagnosed with BV last week. I was given the 7 day treatment, 1 pill twice a day with or without food. I take it right before I eat or right after I eat. No alcohol. I started the pill the same day my period started since that's when I was given my antibiotics. Now that my period is done I notice that I no longer have a fishy smell and I don't have the thick pasty looking discharge. I haven't experienced any sickness. Just makes my head feel a little funny at times. Since I can't swallow pills I have to open the capsule and the powder inside taste bad but I take it with orange juice so it's not so bad and then drink water after. I'm hoping this takes it away completely and it doesn't come back."

Bdawg3109 February 16, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Was on this Medicine for 5 days, twice daily 500mg. Discharge and smell went away completely within 2 days. Only thing was the taste. Yuck. No known side effects. I took antidepressants and birth control as well."

Kc2345743 February 16, 2016

For Trichomoniasis: "When I first got this prescription I immediately took it."

Sheronda (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "No severe side effects other than nightmares. I've been having mild headaches, mostly in the AM - but they could be a result of the stress caused by indescribable nightmares. I've had a couple mood swings recently - which, again, could be totally unrelated. The smell has lessened. Brownish urine the first day - normal since. This is my 1st time taking the drug, 1st time with BV - no symptoms other than the smell. I typically don't have reactions to medications... Not sensitive. I've been taking the pills with my morning & evening meals... Lean meat veggies or lean meat fruit."

LakeWorthReviewer (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I was prescribed 500mg twice a day for 5 days. I'm on the third day and I have noticed the smell to not be as bad but I think the medication had given me a UTI. Definitely need to drink a lot of water with this! No other side effects and the taste really isn't that bad."

CortneyKay February 14, 2016

Flagyl (metronidazole) for Bacterial Infection: "I'm only on day 3 of meds, dose is 2 x a day for the week. Must say I see an improvement already! I've had BV for months and no prescription helped. I've tried things for my flora, ph, baths, alkaline water, vitamin c, you name it. 3 days in, and I'm already happier. No odor, no discharge, finally !!! Relief from this awful embarrassment. Yes, the pill can taste bad, however I take a sip of milk BEFORE and after taking the dose. Hadn't the 1st time and it tastes awful yes, but the milk coats your throat nicely and haven't tasted it since doing that. As for side effects I definitely have a suppressed appetite but I'm not complaining. The benefits of taking the Flagyl much outweigh any negative I can see."

Thank goodness (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I recently went to the doctor Wednesday for a check up I didn't know what was going on but I knew something wasn't right because of the unusual smell I had after intercourse and I had a white discharge so anyway when I went to the doctor my doctor told me I had a bacterial infection so they get me some pills for it I am now on a 7 day treatment. This is day 3 so far and now I don't have a smell or discharge I am so happy because the pills really work but even though everything is fine now I'm still going to finish my treatment . The only thing about these pills is it has bad effects that's really getting to be like vaginal itching , dry mouth unpleasant metallic taste & coughing"

A35 (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2016

For Clostridial Infection: "Medication probably is working, only on day 3 of 14 day course for C diff. I don't have the stomach cramps and diarrhea any more which is wonderful. The nausea, vomiting, body aches, and headache are all kicking in now. This morning barely made it to the bathroom to throw up, had the dry heaves for quite a while. With the aweful taste in your mouth it is hard to drink or eat. Nothing tastes good. Even water has a yucky taste. Going to keep pushing forward, but next time I am prescribed an antiobiotic I am going to be taking a probiotic along with it. Wish my doctor or pharmacist mentioned this when first medication was prescribed."

Jebbie (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2016

For Dental Abscess: "Given this antibiotic by dentist to save molar 2nd full day think it might be working but having to take paracetamol and ibuprofen to keep the pain at bay...not so good today slept most of the day..take omaprezole for reflux and this evening bothered with back pain which I think is acid reflux...have had a heart check and have no problems in that area...guess I just have to keep going and see if this antibiotic will work...hopefully it will be worth it and will be able to hold on to my tooth!"

Macsquirt February 12, 2016

For Trichomoniasis: "I recently started the pill and now I have side affects. It's been three days. I felt normal on the first and second. Now for the third day I've been throwing up. The pill is horrible taste hideous. I'm not complaining but thanks for the info on how to get them down without a taste."

Lexie19 (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "This pill is awful. I had to take it twice a day and had to prepare myself every time because the taste of it is horrid. If taking you definitely need to eat because I took it on an empty stomach one afternoon before a lab class and nearly fainted in class. I began to sweat profusely and became incredibly nauseous. My vision became blurry and my hearing dulled. I could not focus on anything except for not dying in the middle of class. Thankfully it passed in minutes but still was enough to shake some sense into me to eat when taking these. Other than the taste of the pill and the side effects of taking it on an empty stomach, the pill was fine. My symptoms cleared and my lady bits returned back to normal"

Anonymous February 11, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I started taking this pill last week. I have 1 full day an a morning pill left. It's made me bleed off and on. The taste is nasty I agree with that. But what I've had help me is take a drink an tilt ur head back with drink still in mouth and put it in back of my throat and then swallow it. The taste is still there some what. But the Nurse in me knows it's nothing - a little bit of salt on the palm of my hand and it takes that nasty taste away Thank goodness. Hoping an praying it works and the BV stays away. Oh I also got the lower back pain, headache an metallic taste. But if it takes care of the deal I can handle those few things."

Deji voo February 10, 2016

Flagyl (metronidazole) for Bacterial Infection: "To get rid of the bad taste I tried candy. Something sweet that dissolves slowly. That worked for me."

Nooki (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "My experience was good. Although my side effects were a bit intense! I only had to take the pills for 2 days and the first day , I felt kinda funny and very uncomfortable. The second day I threw up a couple times and felt a little queasy and dizzy. But over all the medicine works good and my smell and over discharge went away"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2016

Flagyl (metronidazole) for Diverticulitis: "I went to the ER and was told I had Diverticulitis..I stayed in the hospital for 3 days...I started taking Cipro and Flagyl. Only side effect is diarrhea, hard to manage when you work fulltime...Medication does work...On meds for 1 week."

feeling well (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Horrid pills for me. Prescribed 5 days ago after developing BV post op from LEEP. I have 3 days left and don't think I can make it. Have thrown up and been in a constant state of nausea when I'm not actually vomiting. Headache, tired, so sick don't want to move. I take with meal and do not have a weak stomach. Not sure how much longer I can take it. This really is not fun at all. 30 yrs old, 110 pounds."

ABrook (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2016

For Trichomoniasis: "Seems like it's working to cure infection. However I keep getting headaches, on and off stomach pain and vomiting. Is there anything I can do?"

missykins (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I didn't have any side effects, didn't make me sick nor dizzy. The only thing was it gave me yeast infection but it is common with all antibiotics. I guess every persons body reacts differently and you shouldn't read such reviews as it might affect you psychologically and make you thing that you have side effects while you actually don't."

Agness23 (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I've only taken two pills. I was prescribed the 500mg for 7 days. I've already had relief in discharge and odor. From what I see I should keep taking the pills the whole 7 days so I'll continue. It does have an awful taste that I can't take but I think this is a very helpful medication and I hope it prevents the infection from coming back. DO NOT take alcohol with this medicine."

JayTionne February 3, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "The taste is awful. I was fine on my pap, I went in for STD check, and a pap since my discharge was yellow green ....I was normal on pap negative for any STD Gave me some vaginal gel because my doc thought it was for some reason a yeast. It worked for a week then I had sex with my partner for 3 yrs and the discharge came back and worst....went back the next day got another std check to be sure negative again. He said it was BV I took this medicine still taking it as well so far I see no results. Still have discharge now I'm spotting and extremely itchy down there.. I'll update this once I'm done with the meds."

bells1024 February 3, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I didn't get sick at all. No side effects of any kind. And I'm still itchy as anything I'm on day 5 of 7, 500mg twice a day. I don't think I'm stinky but I'm very uncomfortable. I just want to be comfortable!"

itchy vaggie February 3, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I went to the doctor just got a regular pap last week and he wanted to test me for bv. I had no symptoms of anything but it came back positive so he put me on this medication. Unlike everyone here, I was put on 3 pills per day. I have developed a sore throat and a slight cough. My back has started to hurt. None of these are symptoms of BV so I can't help but wonder if the medication is doing this to me. I never get sick. This is my first known experience with bv but I'm calling my doctor tomorrow."

Never sick (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Man I didn't want to take the meds. I texted and reaserched to see the easiest way to take the gross meds. I can say wrapping in bread worked to camaflogue the taste and I was able to get all 4 pills down. Waiting on the results which I read it clears in 48 hours. I just don't want to have the fishy smell. I'll update the results but so far I'm good until maybe the bread dissolves ....lol"

Boo83 February 2, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I was taking this medication twice a day for seven days and although it cleared up the BV, it made me very sick. I was nauseous, had headaches, all around felt like crap to the point I wanted to stop taking it. As for a bad taste, it wasn't strong but stayed in my mouth all day and I think contributed to my sick feeling."

Teatree January 31, 2016

Flagyl ER (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "Quick Results, this is my second time taking Flaygl, it last for like 2 months first time around, but every time I have sex protected or not, my Ph becomes unbalanced again. This time around I just feel a lil nausea."

Leroyal (taken for less than 1 month) January 30, 2016