User Reviews for Metronidazole (Page 4)

Also known as: Flagyl, Flagyl 375, Flagyl ER, Flagyl IV, Metro, Metro IV, Metryl, Protostat

Learn more about Metronidazole.

Crohn's Disease, Maintenance 2 reviews 23 medications

Giardiasis 8 reviews 13 medications

5.2
Summary of Metronidazole reviews 613 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Metronidazole

For Bacterial Infection: "Took for c. diff. infection; on 500mg/3x daily for 10 days. Close to 30 weeks pregnant. Horrible side effects from taking the medicine, such as: extreme fatigue, dizziness (obviously steered clear of driving), heart palpitations, and an increase in mood swings/depression. Heard many others had issues on Flygyl as well. Did clear up c. diff. infection though."

Lynn8846382974 (taken for less than 1 month) November 14, 2015

For Trichomoniasis: "I have been prescribed the gel version of this medication in the past for BV, and I may have to call my Dr and see if it is possible to be switched to that. This pill makes me feel like complete crap, and I am not a small woman, and I am not normally sensitive to side effects. I feel excessively tired and nauseous, and when I'm not feeling tired and nauseous I am feeling anxious with bouts of dizziness. It's Friday night and my Dr will be closed until Monday, so I am going to have to continue with this for at least two more days before I can talk to my Dr. This is only day one and I am silently hoping that my body gets used to the drug and the side effects get better with time and not, God forbid, worse with build up!"

Laura0788 November 13, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I was prescribed 400mg x 2/day for 7 days. I'm on day 4 and the fishy odour is completely gone which is AMAZING! The side effects I'm experiencing are serious drowsiness and had a bit of nausea for the first 2 days. I will overlook the side effects because the drug has been so effective and really helped me. Kinda sucks to not be able to drink alcohol too but it's just for 7 days so I'll live. I feel human again!"

Cynthia9 November 13, 2015

Flagyl (metronidazole) for Diverticulitis: "Day 3 on Flagyl and Cipro. I thought I was having a heart attack. This stuff has horrid side effects. Discomfort in my chest and arm. Foggy headed feeling, dizziness, unbalanced, headache, very nauseous, metal taste, very blurry eyesight. No energy, at 55 it is not a good thing to feel this way, especially when you are overweight and out of shape. This is only day 3 I don't think I can take this stuff for 7 more days. They say the IV kind is worse though. Supposedly it's helping (I do feel less pain in my abdomen I think). IF I make it through this stuff I bet I will watch what I eat and make better choices in the future. I called the pharmacy and the doc and both said to stay on it, cipro 2X daily and flagyl 4X daily. Scary stuff."

Anonymous November 13, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I was prescribed Metronidazole for BV, 500mg every 12 hours for 7 days. I have been treated with this medication previously for BV. The only con for me is the taste, but it is much worth getting rid of the infection. Just a bit of drowsiness throughout the day. Both times taking this medication the smell was gone by end of day 2. I feel so relieved to have my BV gone."

Mkellems November 13, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I have been battling with bacterial vaginosis (bv) for 4 years. I got it when I was pregnant from my son and the doctor misdiagnosed me and gave me diflucan for yeast infection. Taking metronidazole for 7 days twice a day cures the infection. However once you finish the metronidazole you will get a yeast infection. You must then take 2 diflucan pills to counteract the yeast infection . Also once you have sex you will get the bv again. I found a very good antioxidant called opc3. I take it along with other vitamins. It is sold in a powder base and this has helped me a lot. "

Suffering Sue (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 12, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Honestly the medication didn't have much or any side effects for me. I didn't have any mental/psychological problems like a lot of users said they did. It actually scared me reading these reviews at first, but I experienced none of that. My breasts were a tad tender and I had a bit of soreness around my pelvic area at times, but really overall nothing. It cured the odour. had to take it for 7 days, 2 pills per day. all done now. drank alcohol the day after I was done my prescription (on glass of wine) and felt fine.The next day had two glasses of wine at night and totally fine too. Girls, don't get too worried about taking this."

Jhhhhhh November 12, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I was diagnosed 5.5 days ago and only have 3 pills left. I absolutely hate taking meds and these are the worst! I don't feel tired but do have dry mouth and the metallic taste, everything taste awful while on the meds. The odor went away after 2 days of meds but I'm continuing on with the meds to fully clear it up. I was told that you shouldn't wear pants too tight, shower right away after a workout and cotton panties only! Good luck!"

Bvbegone (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Really did work for me. No more discharge or weird smell. 14 pills, took one in the morning and one at night. Cons are I got sick on the 3rd day gone be 5th day. They are big and has a nasty taste. I did lose my appetite which is a plus to me because it helped my shed a few pounds faster."

kailyn love November 10, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I have been suffering with BV for a couple of years. I am sick of it. First week, I was given Clyndimycin. It didn't work. Now, on Flagyl. I call my Dr to go in and get checked, they are overbooked and can't see me. Dr says, finish the Flagyl before coming back in. I have 3 more days. My tootie is swollen, red, and I am sitting with an ice pack. I should be feeling better by now. But, no, I'm not! I'm married and only have sex with my husband. I'm so tired of this! I get it ALL the time!! I will be going in somewhere tomorrow! I demand it! Could it be BV or could it be yeast? Or what?"

Not Again! (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 9, 2015

Flagyl (metronidazole) for Bacterial Infection: "Everyone's body will react differently to meds, genetics. Just bc I had a bad experience, doesn't mean you will. Took w full stomach of bland food, 16 oz water, & took a daily probiotic. My experience w this med was horrible. I was unbearably anxious, rapid heartbeat, intense pelvic pressure, bad stomach cramping, nonstop nausea, vomiting, & explosive diarrhea. This was my 2nd time w this med,w the same bad reaction. I had to discontinue, both times. Took 3 days to start feeling better, 5-7 until normal. I'll never take this med again. I'm sure it's good for others, but nit me. I had cancer so I've taken a lot of meds. Never had to stop another med from side effects before, but I was scared to the point of going to the er. Never again."

Worst side effects I ever had. (taken for less than 1 month) November 9, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I gave this medicine an 7 out of 10 because it really does work wonders for a BV. By day 2 on this medication, any signs of a BV were completely gone! However, what is causing me to not give it a 10 out of 10 is because the side effects are terrible. All week long I have expirenced weird, painful headaches (almost like pressure on all sides of my head), nausea and occasional tingling in my hands. OH and I've been EXTREMELY tired. I wish my DR would of told me these were all common side effects. Aside from all the negatives listed above, the meds work great for BVs. Glad to be done!!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 9, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I was prescribed two pills twice a day for 7 days. After three days the odour was gone. The symptoms I experienced where extreme fatigue where I couldn't keep my eyes open. Hot flashes, headaches, dark coloured urine and loose stool."

DiDi9901 November 8, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "This is my first time having BV & i never had any sign that i had it not until i went in for my annual pap. I'm not even sure how long I've had it. I'm on day 4 of 7 with twice a day 500 MG. Last night I had mild insomnia I think because I took it later than I usually do. The side affects just kicked in. Headaches, super nauseous even if I had a meal & water with it, I feel light headed and that Metalic taste is the worst, I feel moody and withdrawn. I'll be glad when it's over. Best of luck to everyone."

CaseM (taken for less than 1 month) November 7, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "This is the only medicine that treats my BV. I wish it were a shot or IV though because the side effects are terrible. No matter how I try to mask the taste it still ends up on my tongue. On top of that, the medication makes me feel like I have the flu-- severe nausea, vomiting, weakness, and loss of appetite. I should finish the course but don't think that I can swallow another pill if I tried."

Nikki234 November 6, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Today is day 3 Words of enthusiasm - Be strong and take all your pills on time You can do it girl"

Ms.Liberty (taken for less than 1 month) November 5, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I took 500mg Metronidazole 2x/day for a week when I tested positive for BV. I felt tired and under the weather, but my symptoms weren't extreme. However, I had little to no symptoms of BV before the treatment, but now, 2 weeks after taking these antibiotics, I am experiencing itching, dryness, discharge and odor. I think that taking this antibiotic made things worse in the long run."

Kay780 November 5, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Well I am 35, 120pds 5'2' and African american. I am in fair health but was diagnosed with BV about 2 weeks ago. I get this medicine called Metronidazole which is what got me here because I didn't get any type of background or side affects . Anyhow, it's for 2 pills (at 250mg each) to be taken 2 times daily for 10 days. I do agree that the taste is bitter, but try my best to counter act the nasty taste by eating things and swallowing pills with it -food like jello or chewed up food on its way down the pipe- barely taste anything that way. Day 5 now and my stomach is up and down, pee looks like sweet tea, and I'm super bloated; smells gone thou. 5 days to go!!"

Re'na November 2, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Currently on day 4 of 7 day regimen. (500mg for 7days). As mentioned in several other posts, the taste is awful, but the discharge is almost back to normal. The smell is unfortunately still there; faint bust still kinda fishy. I've been using tampons to keep the smell from being too obvious. I've experienced hot flashes, sore/tender nipples, bloating, dark urine and the poops. Despite the symptoms, I would continue to recommend the pill. It works wonders."

Deployed with VB November 2, 2015

For Dental Abscess: "2 times a day 500 milligrams for 10 days Worked great taste was kind of horrible I recommend to drink with juice slight headaches nothing abnormal Though. Slight insomnia first day but after that I notice my infected abscess on my jaw line was fading away In 3 days all pain was gone still finshed my course because you never can be to safe"

Anonymous November 2, 2015

For Diverticulitis: "39 year old mom of 4. On my 2nd bout of diverticulitis (1st one 7 years earlier) I was given 10 days of Flagyl & Cipro. I took them together twice a day, & then the 3rd Flagyl by itself at night. I noticed a minimal yucky taste when taking them, but by the time I had finished my water, it was usually gone. I had a metallic taste approximately 3 times total, that lasted just minutes. By the last part of day 2 I was feeling better, day 3 there was no more pain. By the 4th day there was some discoloration of urine - rusty colored to orange. I never ever felt anxious, nauseous, had diarrhea, or felt tired. Overall, great experience with the combo of meds!"

Lyndilous November 1, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "The only side effect that I've had is mild headaches and hazy eyes from time to time. I am a heavy social drinker and couldn't fathom stopping drinking for 7-10 days because of my social life and career taking out clients. I was prescribed 500mg twice per day for 7 days. I started medication on a Monday and had 2 glasses of wine on Thursday evening. I prepped with lots of water, vitamin c and tums and felt fine. I'm 5'9 and 145lbs. I'm sure this medication affects everyone differently, as does alcohol, so it all depends on your reaction to both. I only kept it to 2 glasses of wine to make sure not to overdue it and all went well. Hopefully this helps some of the heavier pourers out there! Cheers."

Kingwest October 29, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "the drug made me very nauseous and gave me headaches this is my third day and I take it twice a day for 7 days. I can't wait until I'm done with this it has an awful taste and make me feel really awful."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Just like all the other people I was given the pill form and it did reduce the itching and it seemed to get better but seemed to bring all the bacteria out and it's still there. Looks worse I'm only 17 and never had sex before help me I want it to go away"

73837Ta October 28, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I was diagnosed with BV last Tuesday. I took this medication for 7 days twice a day the 500mg. The pills are large. I did get sick on the third day after taking this medication with nausea and hot flashes but I didn't have any other symptom after that day. I did experience dark urine when taking this medication. I am done with this medication and I can say that it really does work it cleared the smell and I still have a little discharge but i think it's b/c I'm getting ready to started my cycle."

MNS (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2015