User Reviews for Metronidazole (Page 4)

Also known as: Flagyl, Flagyl 375, Flagyl ER, Flagyl IV, Metro, Metro IV, Metryl, Protostat

Learn more about Metronidazole.

Crohn's Disease, Maintenance 2 reviews 25 medications

Giardiasis 10 reviews 13 medications

5.5
Summary of Metronidazole reviews 681 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Metronidazole

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I didn't get sick at all. No side effects of any kind. And I'm still itchy as anything I'm on day 5 of 7, 500mg twice a day. I don't think I'm stinky but I'm very uncomfortable. I just want to be comfortable!"

itchy vaggie February 3, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I went to the doctor just got a regular pap last week and he wanted to test me for bv. I had no symptoms of anything but it came back positive so he put me on this medication. Unlike everyone here, I was put on 3 pills per day. I have developed a sore throat and a slight cough. My back has started to hurt. None of these are symptoms of BV so I can't help but wonder if the medication is doing this to me. I never get sick. This is my first known experience with bv but I'm calling my doctor tomorrow."

Never sick (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Man I didn't want to take the meds. I texted and reaserched to see the easiest way to take the gross meds. I can say wrapping in bread worked to camaflogue the taste and I was able to get all 4 pills down. Waiting on the results which I read it clears in 48 hours. I just don't want to have the fishy smell. I'll update the results but so far I'm good until maybe the bread dissolves ....lol"

Boo83 February 2, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I was taking this medication twice a day for seven days and although it cleared up the BV, it made me very sick. I was nauseous, had headaches, all around felt like crap to the point I wanted to stop taking it. As for a bad taste, it wasn't strong but stayed in my mouth all day and I think contributed to my sick feeling."

Teatree January 31, 2016

Flagyl ER (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "Quick Results, this is my second time taking Flaygl, it last for like 2 months first time around, but every time I have sex protected or not, my Ph becomes unbalanced again. This time around I just feel a lil nausea."

Leroyal (taken for less than 1 month) January 30, 2016

For Surgical Prophylaxis: "This medication does what it should. I was given in via IV in the hospital for 2 days and sent home on 500mg 3xs/day for 5 days. Since the gallbladder I had removed was extremely infected, they wanted to prevent pancreatitis, or similar issues. While the medicine works well, it makes my stomach hurt, and everything tastes like chalk. Small price to pay to be rid of my evil gallbladder and not suffer other intestinal infections."

TillyD (taken for less than 1 month) January 29, 2016

For Trichomoniasis: "After reading the reviews, I was anxious about taking my 4 pill 2k mg mega dose. It is bitter to say the least. But I have have tasted way worse. Rotten porkchops, spoiled rice, siphoned gasoline all top this over rated little pill. Be prepared and have a sweet soda ready and you will be fine. as far as its effectiveness I don't know. I don't even know why I am taking it. My wife brought it home from her doctor for me to take. Only god knows what she dragged into our home. Just kidding. I know what she dragged home"

captain stewbing January 27, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "So, I took this medicine for BV and I had no side effects. I not sure if the medicine worked because during the 3rd day taking the vitamins my period came and I wasn't sure if I should continue. I was prescribe it for 5 days. Since I only had 2 days left, I finished the medicine anyway. Now, I'm re scheduling a check up to make sure I'm clear and changing my diet. I also took pro b rephresh pills and still take them while I was on the medicine spread out of course. I'm going to continue taking pro b and eat things like plain yogurt, garlic, drink apple cider water,etc. Change to cotton panties with panty liners. Iheard Kefir is a good probotic drink. I'm going to try it. Take warm showers. Eat clean as possible. No meats, diary, or bread."

Anonymous January 25, 2016

For Clostridial Infection: "Was proscribed Metro 400mg three times a day for Clostridium infection. Within few days I was experiencing stomach gurgling and bubbling that was diabolically strong and constant It would keep me awake all night and be going literally all day. I was terrified to eat and became so upset. I have never been ill with my tummy before and consider myself a strong and robust 44 year old man with no prior mental/gastro health problems but this drug literally destroyed me. Jury's out whether it's worked or not. The clostridium diarrhea HAS gone (though stools still aren't right and stomach is still sore ) yet to have tests to confirm."

Marknn January 24, 2016

For : "The taste is bad. The side effects are worse. I was prescribed this because I had surgery to remove parts of my cervix and this prevents infection. Works great but the side effects are horrible. Day 1 : I was fine Day 2: swollen throat, congested sinuses, sore neck and trouble sleeping. Runny nose and sneezing. Like I had a common cold or symptoms leading up to the flu. It hasn't gotten worse but it hasn't gotten better. 4 more days to go and if I get worse I will probably call my doctor to try and switch the medicine."

Spunk January 23, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I've had a bloated gut for 8 months and gastro dr. can't figure it out. I"m always full and don't get hungry anymore. I've had every test in the book, and now he thinks it could be a stomach or respiratory infection......so he put me on this. Hasn't bothered me with taste, or side effects except that I"m more tired. they say to NOT drink alcohol even 3 days after you stop taking it. I"m taking 3 a day for 10 days.......hope it helps. Last hope."

bloated gut January 23, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I thought I had a UTI and I was in so much pain but after seeing the doctor she told me it was not a UTI and that instead it was BV. She prescribed metronidazole and I went to go pick up the medication but didn't take it because I was hoping it would go away on its own. (I had never taken any medication before this) it went away on its own but came back a week later after intercourse. The pain was so bad that I decided to finally take the meds. Yes, the taste is awful. It stuck to my tongue and I almost choked. That's the only negative. It really does work and I haven't had any side effects."

KylieJ (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2016

For Dental Abscess: "I was prescribed this medicine at 500 milligrams twice daily. At first my infection seem to get better the pain decreased. I noticed some shortness of breath within the first couple of days by the third and fourth day taking this medication I had muscle aches over my entire body, joint pain, would wake up in the middle of the night with a severe dry mouth, headaches and a bad rash that was extremely itchy and benadryl would not relieve. Now on my fifth day I have decided to discontinue this product because the muscle pain and itching or for worse than the infection is treating. I believe this is possibly a good medication however I believe maybe I should have been given smaller dose."

Soropa (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2016

For Dental Abscess: "I was prescribed these for an infected wisdom tooth after being on amoxyllin for a week before which didn't really do much. First day on them and the pain was a lot worse with night sweats and drowsiness. By the second day I felt like a new person. Pain in tooth has gone - although I still have lock jaw and the swelling around my face has gone. No other side effects. Take them after meals and with a pint of water."

Kassie13 January 21, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Although I dread taking this medicine, I admit it does just what it's supposed to. I am on the 500mg twice a day for 7 days AND metronidazole gel twice a day for 5 days. I researched taking both at the same time (afraid of vomiting and diarrhea) but I've been absolutely fine! The only reason I had a recurring case of BV is because of my LEEP procedure. The best way to take this medicine is with lots of water & a solid meal! I've incorporated probiotics such as Activia yogurt and a Lemon & Ginger tea to avoid all nausea and relief with digestion. I snack throughout the day so I've had no metallic taste. It's not as bad as some people make it out to be, but then again, everyone react to medication differently! Remember, no alcohol-PERIOD!!!"

Blessed Lady January 21, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Was prescribed this medication 3 times in 2 years for BV. Ugh, I HATE BV with a passion. Currently, this makes my third time taking it. The first time made me extremely sick. I lost the urge to eat and always just felt like throwing up any and everything. It got rid of the BV but caused a yeast infection. The second time I took this caused more extreme nausea. The nausea was so bad that I couldn't finish the last pill. I was the definition of sick. This is the third time around with this medication. It's only my second day and I'm about to puke as we speak. Also, for the first time while on this medication I am experiencing diarrhea. I was NOT expecting this and I'm debating on finishing the rest of my pills. Overall, you're sick but cured."

Quantra (taken for less than 1 month) January 21, 2016

Flagyl (metronidazole) for Bacterial Infection: "Was prescribed this by my OB for a mild case of bv. Took one pill on a full stomach. It tasted awful and I immediately threw up everything I had eaten. Then I read the paperwork from the pharmacy and it said to ask your Dr if you're less than 12 weeks pregnant... I just hit 8 weeks today. Should I trust the Dr or just say no to flagyl?"

topregotofunction January 21, 2016

For Dental Abscess: "I'm currently taking both of these antibiotics for an abscess, my toothache went within a day and my swelling has calmed down slightly but it's become a lot easier to talk and smile again due to the pain disappearing (I physically couldn't smile to a certain degree, hurt too much too) Side effects - I have experienced drowsiness, dizziness and I have been feeling light headed but it also really hurts when I move my head, e.g. bending down, moving my head side to side etc. feels like all the blood is rushing to the side I move to? Painful anyway"

ofuvnaroifnqp January 20, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Works VERY well. On day two and barely have ANY symptoms. You MUST eat with this medication bc I found if I do not, then I get extremely sick. Other than that drink plenty of water with it and like I said make sure to eat. Very satisfied with this medicine. I also do not have a metallic taste like some people say. I think if you "think" your going to taste it, then you taste it. It's very psychological. Don't try and research this drug yourself. Listen to your Dr. they are giving this to you for a reason! So taste bad or not take it!"

GAL8815 January 20, 2016

Metro (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "So far, I've gained agitation, lower back pain, insomnia, and taste change. I wouldn't recommend this treatment."

SarahWantsToReview January 19, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "The majority of these reviews made me really worried about taking these tablets. However, I forced myself to, and have had no side effects whatsoever. No issues with the tablets tasting foul, I just swallowed them as normal. No nausea, I took them after my meal and with a half pint of water each time. And I didn't drink alcohol. I know everyone reacts differently but I would recommend starting your course if you have been prescribed them as my symptoms cleared up very quickly."

Apples009 January 16, 2016

For Bone infection: "I had an infected dry socket following a tooth extraction. TheDentist prescribed a 200mg tablet to be taken 3 times a day for 5 days for a dry socket. I had to discontinue the course after the 4th day because the latest reaction was a peculiar feeling in my legs as if I had run a marathon accompanied by feeling very wound up. Other reactions during the preceding days were varied and changed almost on a daily basis and included a metallic taste,sleeping more than usual, diarrhoea, loss of appetite, feeling queasy ( though I was feeling queasy with the infection before I started the medication) a painful flare up in my psoriasis, heavy head. Since stopping them 3 days ago, the metallic taste is still bothersome. I'm now having palpitations maybe unrelated! Tooth seems ok though."

Comfy slippers (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2016

Flagyl (metronidazole) for Bacterial Infection: "My doctor prescribed to me Flagyl because of diarrhea for 5 days and now that I'm on day 1 off this medication I feel extremely tired and I am having short breaths. My middle upper back feels weird too. Is this normal?"

monkeykatie0328 January 11, 2016

For Diverticulitis: "This is my third day of Ciprofloxacin 500mg twice per day and Metronidazole 500mg twice per day for recently diagnosed diverticulitis. I am experiencing disturbances in sleep, despite being really tired I am finding it difficult to fall asleep. I also feel light headed. I am drinking lots of water. I have been following a gluten free diet prior to diagnosis and this appears to have eased my worst symptoms."

GillyT January 10, 2016

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "Had no problems at all with this medication I was given 500mg for 10 days to rid h-Pylori. I believe thus far it's done the job. I'm on day 3 of being h-pylori free.. I'm hoping it stays this way."

Need God January 9, 2016