User Reviews for Metronidazole

Also known as: MetroCream, MetroGel, MetroGel-Vaginal, MetroLotion, Noritate, Nuvessa, Rosaclear, Rosadan, Rozex, Vandazole, Vitazol

Learn more about Metronidazole.

Bacterial Vaginitis 22 reviews 30 medications

8.4
Perioral Dermatitis 2 reviews 130 medications

7.5
Rosacea 28 reviews 101 medications

6.4
Summary of Metronidazole reviews 52 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Metronidazole

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "When I got bv, usually it went away on its own within 2-3 days. When it lasted for months I finally got the metrogel and after the first day, no more smell! Had zero side effects as well. I finally feel normal again!!"

finally relieved (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I was diagnosed with BV by my ob/gyn and she prescribed me with Metronidazole 500mg twice a day for 7 days. I took the pill and noticed that my discharge lessened but.. My odor was still traveling around but it wasn't as strong. Then as the days went on.. Day 2: I felt dizzy and as like the room was spinning, minor cramps, headache Day3: nausea, cramps, dizziness, headache, constipation, dry mouth, loss of appetite Day 4: I was vomiting all night and I decided to stop taking the pills and called my doctor in the morning because the side effects weren't getting any better and my BV didn't seem to be clearing up as much as I wanted it to. She prescribed me metronidazole vaginal 0.75% gel for 5 days. And haven't taken yet, but will be reviewing"

Lilo27 January 14, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Had BV for the first time didn't know what to expect but this medicine made me confident again and stop suffering from embarrassing odors!"

Anonymous November 18, 2015

Noritate (metronidazole) for Rosacea: "It's great, doesn't help the infrequent redness but keeps the skin clear. for me, just when I notice the flare up until it subsides. The cost is exorbitant. $1800 a tube 60g."

15040 WPR November 8, 2015

Nuvessa (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "Used nuvessa a few nights ago for recurrent BV . Has worked so far. If it does not come back I will get back on and give it a 10 rating. My prob is it always comes back. Will let you know later...."

Brooksmitty October 28, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I had bv for a couple months hoping it would go away. When it didn't I went to the gyno and got the metro gel. No more watery discharge or smelly odor. But am I the only one who noticed clumps come out while going to the restroom?"

Kaaay (taken for less than 1 month) October 18, 2015

For Rosacea: "Just started 2 days ago."

D R S September 28, 2015

For Rosacea: "I have found the gel to be extremely helpful (more so than the cream). It does take continuous use for me but it's worth the relief. I also use it on my ears for relief from flushing/burning sensation. Having the Rosasacea under control has also helped tremendously with my dry skin."

Hushpuppy September 8, 2015

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "This gel is amazing and I have used it on & off for years, but now my body is paying the price. I first noticed, each time I used it, my hands would go numb, then my vision began deteriorating with a stigmatism. Now it's at the point my hands go numb quickly within a half hour of using this. Just be aware and careful. I used it about 6x a year for 15 years. Cannot use anymore."

Overuse side effects (taken for 10 years or more) August 24, 2015

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "The first time I got BV the doc prescribed Clindamycin , and a month later it came rite back ,, then he prescribed me Flagyl and a month later it still came back as well... I felt like less of a woman bc of this . I thought that I would never have a sex life again and i was hysterical. then he prescribed me the MetroGel and after the first use , symptoms were gone . I was like a kid in the candy store. he prescribed me like 4 refills for if it comes back. I made sure that he gave me enough refills. I love it so far and I have a prescription for past 5 nights to make sure it doesn't come back ! this works ,,, I love it , better than the pills !"

ChesterMoney August 22, 2015

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "I've had bv off and on for almost 2 years now. I would use cleocin gel when it would come back but I think my body just got immune to it so about two weeks ago I tried metro gel. It went away but did give me a yeast infection. I used monistat one day and boom the bv came back. So I'm trying the metro gel again but just for a longer period of time in hopes it does the job this time. Doesn't give me any side effects which is something I stressed before taking it."

Teet August 16, 2015

For Rosacea: "This cream really works for me in just one application I see a difference, I am also using for my rosacea a new cream called Soolantra this is the best!!! No inflamation , no dry skin, no bumps, my skin looks amazing! I apply Soolantra at night and Metronidazole in the morning and works great. I was so embarassed because how bad and flaky was skin was, no it looks great, healthy!"

Delarosa78 July 12, 2015

For Rosacea: "Having foolishly used a steroid lotion on my forehead rosacea, I had a real flare up when after 2 weeks I stopped using it. Horrible lumps & lots of white-headed pustules appeared as well as larger red spots, making me very self-conscious. It hardly helped that I was about to head off an a 2 week business trip - meeting lots of new people. I tried Azelaic Acid which seemed to make matters more inflamed. Then, having over-looked it thinking it was pretty 'first base' I tried metrogel. (clear gel) After 2 days I thought I could see an improvement. Within 4 days it was clearly working; no new pustules were appearing and the old ones were being shrunk down. Within a week my forehead looked pretty clear. 10 days later it was fine. Recommended"

Cycling-Alec (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2015

MetroGel (metronidazole) for Rosacea: "Have been diagnosed with Rosacea that I have had apparently for years, was not willing to seek medical advice and treatment due to money concerns. Two and 1/2 years since my last consulting with Dr. And all I can say is I am amazed at the results topically applied Metronidazole gel has given me. I am grateful for being able to shave my face without feeling like it was a blood sacrifice. Only one regret, why didn't I do it sooner. :) happier now"

Sootman June 22, 2015

For Rosacea: "Have been using Metrocream for a week now and my rosacea is much worse then prior to using the cream. I had only redness but within days of using as I had a flare up and got bumps which got progressively worse and spreading. I tried putting a bit of Metrocream on a section of skin with no rosacea and within days had redness and rash pop up. It may be an allergic reaction but either way it I'm trashing Metrocream and seeking out more natural remedies and solutions."

Sash21 June 13, 2015

MetroCream (metronidazole) for Rosacea: "When I used the lotion I found that it did get rid of a few pimples. It definitely does not get rid of any redness whatsoever. Even though it's the same thing, I find the lotion to be more effective than the cream."

DMR27 June 11, 2015

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "This has been a wonderful medication for me! I was having BV monthly and it was impacted my sex life. My doctor recommended that I use it after Intercourse and I haven't had any problems since then. Highly recommended!"

Lalomy (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 30, 2015

For Rosacea: "It really hasn't seem to change anything for me other than it lightened a tiny bit of the redness. I'm hoping its just because I've only been using for 3 weeks. Hopeful but skeptical been down this road many times, nothing seems to work entirely for me."

angiegggg May 24, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Okay i have tried the gel, the only side effect is loss of appetite and a bad yeast infection. Looks like i growing biscuits, but the diflucan took it all away.... !!## It work!!!"

Kat gone Wild May 10, 2015

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "I've always had a problem with odor and tried douching, etc., but nothing ever helped. FINALLY, I spoke with a PA who told me I probably have an over abundance of "good" bacteria which produces this odor. She prescribed Metrodinazole 0.75% and I used it as prescribed. NO MORE EMBARRASSING ODOR! I don't know how long this will last, but I could cry from relief. Unless you experience thus yourself, you don't understand the thoughts always in the back of your mind. So thankful for this medication!"

Devotion101 (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2015

For Rosacea: "I suffered from rosacea for years, but as I went through menopause it seemed to decrease in frequency. However, when it did pop up it was more intense, so the last time I had an outbreak I finally broke down and asked my new doctor for something and he gave me MetroGel. I was a bit dismayed to read the label that it could take 3-6 weeks to be effective, but like several others here I literally saw results after the first application. I applied it at bedtime and was quite surprised the first night to find my face noticeably less inflamed the next morning, and smoother. I have used it several nights in a row now and my face seems to be healing from this latest outbreak much more quickly than I could ever have expected."

Hairballz (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "This really works, this is my first bacterial vaginitis and was really freaked out but after talking to my doctor she said it was normal and prescribed this! I am so happy and relieved."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2015

MetroGel (metronidazole) for Rosacea: "I have found that Metrogel works wonders for me. It made a difference the first time I applied it! (Applied at night, woke up in the morning with noticeably clearer skin.) It is recommended to use it twice a day but I just apply it once, at night (because it causes a filmy layer over the skin and I wouldn't want to go out in public like that!) and that seems to be enough for me."

Mimi155 February 15, 2015

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "Used gel for 5 days. The smell was gone the next morning. Still continued to use it for the remaining 4 days. It made everything so much better. I'm glad they have this treatment."

Vag Mag (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2015

For Rosacea: "Day and night difference! All the redness and the red veins are gone! My skin looks fantastic!"

StarlaDarla October 31, 2014