User Reviews for Metronidazole

Also known as: MetroCream, MetroGel, MetroGel-Vaginal, MetroLotion, Noritate, Rosadan, Rozex, Vandazole, Vitazol

Learn more about Metronidazole.

Bacterial Vaginitis 8 reviews 32 medications

8.4
Perioral Dermatitis 2 reviews 129 medications

Rosacea 13 reviews 96 medications

5.2
Summary of Metronidazole reviews 23 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Metronidazole

Review by EPN (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

metronidazole for Rosacea: It helped with flare ups from Rosacea, cooled it down.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 17, 2013 2:09 AM
Review by ambslt: User Rating:

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: I was prescribed the metronidazole vaginal gel for bacterial vaginitis. They have me using the gel before bed for 5 days. Tonight will be my 4th night of use. So far the only side effects I have noticed are a very think, white discharge and menstrual like cramps and discomfort in my pelvic area. I also have had a slight decrease in my appetite.

July 5, 2013 11:29 PM
Review by HopeThisHelps (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: I had bacterial vaginitis. It was very unpleasant as one would expect. My Dr. prescribed Metrogel and Diflucan. Did the gel for three nights. About two weeks later itch occurred, so I took the Diflucan. I've had bacterial vaginitis twice and subsequently, a yeast infection. Metrogel diflucan combo worked great for me. Gave an 8/10 because I got a yeast infection after the bacterial vaginitis treatment; but Diflucan cleared it up.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 3, 2013 3:25 AM
Review by its mine and i say it stinks (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: Since MetroGel I no longer smell.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 13, 2013 6:12 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

MetroCream (metronidazole) for Rosacea: I have found Metrocream to be very effective in combating symptoms of rosacea, especially the pimple like lesions I get around my nose & chin area. I use only when needed and notice after just a couple of applications a dramatic improvement.

October 19, 2012 7:44 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

MetroGel (metronidazole) for Rosacea: Very good results. My skin has not looked this good in a very long time.

June 14, 2012 10:17 PM
Review by Jodyandcobee:

metronidazole for Perioral Dermatitis: As for the redness, soreness I find no improvement, but it helped make the area more moist. I was really hoping this erratic condition would calm down. Taking Oracea and in the past Locoid is not working either.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 5, 2012 4:22 AM
Review by ExpoAuthority: User Rating:

MetroGel (metronidazole) for Rosacea: Many people don't seem to like Metrogel, but for me its really made a difference in my Rosacea. One thing rosacea sufferers have to realize is that this treatment takes time. I would have to say that it took a good 2.5 months to start seeing noticeable improvement with continued improvement the longer I use it. On a side note I would like to add that my ears would flush when triggered by heat or stress and so I started to use Metrogel on them and it has helped reduce the flushing. Overall pretty happy with results only negative aspect is the amount of time it takes for it to work.

February 29, 2012 7:05 PM
Review by toliksf: User Rating:

MetroGel (metronidazole) for Rosacea: Great working only if you use non-stop...and start to work only after 2-4 weeks therapy

September 30, 2011 1:27 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

MetroGel (metronidazole) for Rosacea: This medicine worked for about two weeks and then stopped.

January 11, 2011 8:24 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

MetroGel (metronidazole) for Rosacea: I used this in conjunction with Clenia. It worked great for about a year and now doesn't seem to do anything.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 5, 2011 5:11 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

MetroCream (metronidazole) for Rosacea: Have used this medication for months and found it to be ineffective in controlling the rosacea. I continued to use it only at the urging of my physician, applying it three times daily with NO symptomatic relief.

December 17, 2010 12:28 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: When I use Metro-gel, I don't have to worry about bacterial vaginitis coming back easily. It helps faster, and it's very effective. When I take the oral medicines, bacterial vaginitis recurs within weeks. That can be a major pain. The only bummer is the yeast infection that can sometimes occur.

November 2, 2010 10:37 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: I love this medicine cor bacterial vaginitis. It works well and I never have side effects. However, I almost always get a yeast infection afterwards so I have my doctor prescribe Diflucan as well.

May 18, 2010 2:52 PM
Review by JBmom: User Rating:

MetroGel (metronidazole) for Rosacea: After 3 weeks of using it, my face is redder, bumpier, itchy and sore.

March 8, 2010 10:23 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

MetroCream (metronidazole) for Rosacea: This medication has been very effective in controlling my rosacea symptoms. Since it has a cream base, it helps with my dry skin as well.

January 27, 2010 2:30 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

MetroGel (metronidazole) for Rosacea: At first, this medication seemed great. After a month or so I started breaking out more than ever. I went back to using Metrocream and haven't had a serious breakout in years.

January 27, 2010 2:28 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

metronidazole for Perioral Dermatitis: Works pretty well for my perioral dermatitis, but I should have seen a doctor sooner. It's been resistant to the medicine, but is slowly healing. Definitely have the metallic taste in my mouth from it, and a bit of intestinal discomfort.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 3, 2010 3:47 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Vandazole (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: Works well.

August 13, 2009 10:42 PM
Review by Natalee: User Rating:

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: Metrogel is a very good solution to curing a vaginal infection. A common side effect not listed is heavy discharge. I have also experienced pelvic cramping from day 3-7 but about the same as menstrual cramps.

June 2, 2009 2:01 PM
Review by redface: User Rating:

MetroCream (metronidazole) for Rosacea: Useful for rosacea that is not extremely out of control. If you have just a few pustules it can be helpful when used regularly.

January 19, 2009 6:50 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

MetroGel (metronidazole) for Rosacea: I have found that MetroGel clears up the pustule like eruptions within 72 hours.

January 1, 2009 7:51 PM
Review by soma2314: User Rating:

Vandazole (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: Worked great and very fast. No side effects experienced.

August 23, 2008 1:12 AM