User Reviews for Metronidazole

Also known as: MetroCream, MetroGel, MetroGel-Vaginal, MetroLotion, Noritate, Nuvessa, Rosadan, Rozex, Vandazole, Vitazol

Learn more about Metronidazole.

Bacterial Vaginitis 13 reviews 34 medications

8.7
Perioral Dermatitis 2 reviews 130 medications

Rosacea 20 reviews 99 medications

6.1
Summary of Metronidazole reviews 35 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Metronidazole

For Rosacea: "It really hasn't seem to change anything for me other than it lightened a tiny bit of the redness. I'm hoping its just because I've only been using for 3 weeks. Hopeful but skeptical been down this road many times, nothing seems to work entirely for me."

angiegggg May 24, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Okay i have tried the gel, the only side effect is loss of appetite and a bad yeast infection. Looks like i growing biscuits, but the diflucan took it all away.... !!## It work!!!"

Kat gone Wild May 10, 2015

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "I've always had a problem with odor and tried douching, etc., but nothing ever helped. FINALLY, I spoke with a PA who told me I probably have an over abundance of "good" bacteria which produces this odor. She prescribed Metrodinazole 0.75% and I used it as prescribed. NO MORE EMBARRASSING ODOR! I don't know how long this will last, but I could cry from relief. Unless you experience thus yourself, you don't understand the thoughts always in the back of your mind. So thankful for this medication!"

Devotion101 (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2015

For Rosacea: "I suffered from rosacea for years, but as I went through menopause it seemed to decrease in frequency. However, when it did pop up it was more intense, so the last time I had an outbreak I finally broke down and asked my new doctor for something and he gave me MetroGel. I was a bit dismayed to read the label that it could take 3-6 weeks to be effective, but like several others here I literally saw results after the first application. I applied it at bedtime and was quite surprised the first night to find my face noticeably less inflamed the next morning, and smoother. I have used it several nights in a row now and my face seems to be healing from this latest outbreak much more quickly than I could ever have expected."

Hairballz (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "This really works, this is my first bacterial vaginitis and was really freaked out but after talking to my doctor she said it was normal and prescribed this! I am so happy and relieved."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2015

MetroGel (metronidazole) for Rosacea: "I have found that Metrogel works wonders for me. It made a difference the first time I applied it! (Applied at night, woke up in the morning with noticeably clearer skin.) It is recommended to use it twice a day but I just apply it once, at night (because it causes a filmy layer over the skin and I wouldn't want to go out in public like that!) and that seems to be enough for me."

Mimi155 February 15, 2015

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "Used gel for 5 days. The smell was gone the next morning. Still continued to use it for the remaining 4 days. It made everything so much better. I'm glad they have this treatment."

Vag Mag (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2015

For Rosacea: "Day and night difference! All the redness and the red veins are gone! My skin looks fantastic!"

StarlaDarla October 31, 2014

For Rosacea: "I've been using it for about 2 weeks. After the first few days I noticed a considerable difference in the size of my pores. I tend to have oily skin and as a bonus this medication seems to decrease oil production. I will keep using it."

Stinger15 (taken for less than 1 month) October 23, 2014

MetroGel (metronidazole) for Rosacea: "I had flushing rosacea for years before it was diagnosed. Then I spent years trying one medication after another to control it but due to side effects could not take them. About 2 years ago I was prescribed MetroGel. It has changed my life. The persistent flushing and burning are almost completely gone. I still wear sunscreen and a hat when outside but now I can read at night and watch TV with the lights on."

Marily August 20, 2014

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Worked fast and smell was gone after first use."

lon lon (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2014

MetroGel (metronidazole) for Rosacea: "Well there isn't a cure, but this sure helps."

Big daddy993 May 31, 2014

For Rosacea: "It helped with flare ups from Rosacea, cooled it down. "

EPN (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 17, 2013

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "I was prescribed the metronidazole vaginal gel for bacterial vaginitis. They have me using the gel before bed for 5 days. Tonight will be my 4th night of use. So far the only side effects I have noticed are a very think, white discharge and menstrual like cramps and discomfort in my pelvic area. I also have had a slight decrease in my appetite. "

ambslt July 5, 2013

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "I had bacterial vaginitis. It was very unpleasant as one would expect. My Dr. prescribed Metrogel and Diflucan. Did the gel for three nights. About two weeks later itch occurred, so I took the Diflucan. I've had bacterial vaginitis twice and subsequently, a yeast infection. Metrogel diflucan combo worked great for me. Gave an 8/10 because I got a yeast infection after the bacterial vaginitis treatment; but Diflucan cleared it up."

HopeThisHelps (taken for less than 1 month) June 3, 2013

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "Since MetroGel I no longer smell."

its mine and i say it stinks (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2013

MetroCream (metronidazole) for Rosacea: "I have found Metrocream to be very effective in combating symptoms of rosacea, especially the pimple like lesions I get around my nose & chin area. I use only when needed and notice after just a couple of applications a dramatic improvement."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 19, 2012

MetroGel (metronidazole) for Rosacea: "Very good results. My skin has not looked this good in a very long time."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2012

For Perioral Dermatitis: "As for the redness, soreness I find no improvement, but it helped make the area more moist. I was really hoping this erratic condition would calm down. Taking Oracea and in the past Locoid is not working either."

Jodyandcobee March 5, 2012

MetroGel (metronidazole) for Rosacea: "Many people don't seem to like Metrogel, but for me its really made a difference in my Rosacea. One thing rosacea sufferers have to realize is that this treatment takes time. I would have to say that it took a good 2.5 months to start seeing noticeable improvement with continued improvement the longer I use it. On a side note I would like to add that my ears would flush when triggered by heat or stress and so I started to use Metrogel on them and it has helped reduce the flushing. Overall pretty happy with results only negative aspect is the amount of time it takes for it to work."

ExpoAuthority February 29, 2012

MetroGel (metronidazole) for Rosacea: "Great working only if you use non-stop...and start to work only after 2-4 weeks therapy"

toliksf September 30, 2011

MetroGel (metronidazole) for Rosacea: "This medicine worked for about two weeks and then stopped."

Anonymous January 11, 2011

MetroGel (metronidazole) for Rosacea: "I used this in conjunction with Clenia. It worked great for about a year and now doesn't seem to do anything."

Anonymous January 5, 2011

MetroCream (metronidazole) for Rosacea: "Have used this medication for months and found it to be ineffective in controlling the rosacea. I continued to use it only at the urging of my physician, applying it three times daily with NO symptomatic relief."

Anonymous December 17, 2010

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "When I use Metro-gel, I don't have to worry about bacterial vaginitis coming back easily. It helps faster, and it's very effective. When I take the oral medicines, bacterial vaginitis recurs within weeks. That can be a major pain. The only bummer is the yeast infection that can sometimes occur."

Anonymous November 2, 2010