User Reviews for Metronidazole

Also known as: MetroCream, MetroGel, MetroGel-Vaginal, MetroLotion, Noritate, Rosadan, Rozex, Vandazole, Vitazol

Learn more about Metronidazole.

Metronidazole review summary

5.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 87 medications used in the treatment of Rosacea.

Reviews for Metronidazole to treat Rosacea

Review by StarlaDarla:

Day and night difference! All the redness and the red veins are gone! My skin looks fantastic!

October 31, 2014 7:46 PM

Review by Stinger15 (taken for less than 1 month):

I've been using it for about 2 weeks. After the first few days I noticed a considerable difference in the size of my pores. I tend to have oily skin and as a bonus this medication seems to decrease oil production. I will keep using it.

October 23, 2014 7:38 PM

Review by Marily:

MetroGel (metronidazole): I had flushing rosacea for years before it was diagnosed. Then I spent years trying one medication after another to control it but due to side effects could not take them. About 2 years ago I was prescribed MetroGel. It has changed my life. The persistent flushing and burning are almost completely gone. I still wear sunscreen and a hat when outside but now I can read at night and watch TV with the lights on.

August 20, 2014 4:53 PM

Review by Big daddy993:

MetroGel (metronidazole): Well there isn't a cure, but this sure helps.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 31, 2014 9:33 AM

Review by EPN (taken for 1 to 6 months):

It helped with flare ups from Rosacea, cooled it down.

September 17, 2013 2:09 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

MetroCream (metronidazole): I have found Metrocream to be very effective in combating symptoms of rosacea, especially the pimple like lesions I get around my nose & chin area. I use only when needed and notice after just a couple of applications a dramatic improvement.

October 19, 2012 7:44 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

MetroGel (metronidazole): Very good results. My skin has not looked this good in a very long time.

June 14, 2012 10:17 PM

Review by ExpoAuthority:

MetroGel (metronidazole): Many people don't seem to like Metrogel, but for me its really made a difference in my Rosacea. One thing rosacea sufferers have to realize is that this treatment takes time. I would have to say that it took a good 2.5 months to start seeing noticeable improvement with continued improvement the longer I use it. On a side note I would like to add that my ears would flush when triggered by heat or stress and so I started to use Metrogel on them and it has helped reduce the flushing. Overall pretty happy with results only negative aspect is the amount of time it takes for it to work.

February 29, 2012 7:05 PM

Review by toliksf:

MetroGel (metronidazole): Great working only if you use non-stop...and start to work only after 2-4 weeks therapy

September 30, 2011 1:27 AM

MetroGel (metronidazole): This medicine worked for about two weeks and then stopped.

January 11, 2011 8:24 AM

MetroGel (metronidazole): I used this in conjunction with Clenia. It worked great for about a year and now doesn't seem to do anything.

January 5, 2011 5:11 PM

MetroCream (metronidazole): Have used this medication for months and found it to be ineffective in controlling the rosacea. I continued to use it only at the urging of my physician, applying it three times daily with NO symptomatic relief.

December 17, 2010 12:28 PM

Review by JBmom:

MetroGel (metronidazole): After 3 weeks of using it, my face is redder, bumpier, itchy and sore.

March 8, 2010 10:23 AM

MetroCream (metronidazole): This medication has been very effective in controlling my rosacea symptoms. Since it has a cream base, it helps with my dry skin as well.

January 27, 2010 2:30 PM

MetroGel (metronidazole): At first, this medication seemed great. After a month or so I started breaking out more than ever. I went back to using Metrocream and haven't had a serious breakout in years.

January 27, 2010 2:28 PM

Review by redface:

MetroCream (metronidazole): Useful for rosacea that is not extremely out of control. If you have just a few pustules it can be helpful when used regularly.

January 19, 2009 6:50 PM

MetroGel (metronidazole): I have found that MetroGel clears up the pustule like eruptions within 72 hours.

January 1, 2009 7:51 PM