User Reviews for Metronidazole

Also known as: MetroCream, MetroGel, MetroGel-Vaginal, MetroLotion, Noritate, Nuvessa, Rosadan, Rozex, Vandazole, Vitazol

Learn more about Metronidazole.

Metronidazole Review Summary

6.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 88 medications used in the treatment of Rosacea.

Reviews for Metronidazole to treat Rosacea

"It really hasn't seem to change anything for me other than it lightened a tiny bit of the redness. I'm hoping its just because I've only been using for 3 weeks. Hopeful but skeptical been down this road many times, nothing seems to work entirely for me."

angiegggg May 24, 2015

"I suffered from rosacea for years, but as I went through menopause it seemed to decrease in frequency. However, when it did pop up it was more intense, so the last time I had an outbreak I finally broke down and asked my new doctor for something and he gave me MetroGel. I was a bit dismayed to read the label that it could take 3-6 weeks to be effective, but like several others here I literally saw results after the first application. I applied it at bedtime and was quite surprised the first night to find my face noticeably less inflamed the next morning, and smoother. I have used it several nights in a row now and my face seems to be healing from this latest outbreak much more quickly than I could ever have expected."

Hairballz (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2015

MetroGel (metronidazole): "I have found that Metrogel works wonders for me. It made a difference the first time I applied it! (Applied at night, woke up in the morning with noticeably clearer skin.) It is recommended to use it twice a day but I just apply it once, at night (because it causes a filmy layer over the skin and I wouldn't want to go out in public like that!) and that seems to be enough for me."

Mimi155 February 15, 2015

"Day and night difference! All the redness and the red veins are gone! My skin looks fantastic!"

StarlaDarla October 31, 2014

"I've been using it for about 2 weeks. After the first few days I noticed a considerable difference in the size of my pores. I tend to have oily skin and as a bonus this medication seems to decrease oil production. I will keep using it."

Stinger15 (taken for less than 1 month) October 23, 2014

MetroGel (metronidazole): "I had flushing rosacea for years before it was diagnosed. Then I spent years trying one medication after another to control it but due to side effects could not take them. About 2 years ago I was prescribed MetroGel. It has changed my life. The persistent flushing and burning are almost completely gone. I still wear sunscreen and a hat when outside but now I can read at night and watch TV with the lights on."

Marily August 20, 2014

MetroGel (metronidazole): "Well there isn't a cure, but this sure helps."

Big daddy993 May 31, 2014

"It helped with flare ups from Rosacea, cooled it down. "

EPN (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 17, 2013

MetroCream (metronidazole): "I have found Metrocream to be very effective in combating symptoms of rosacea, especially the pimple like lesions I get around my nose & chin area. I use only when needed and notice after just a couple of applications a dramatic improvement."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 19, 2012

MetroGel (metronidazole): "Very good results. My skin has not looked this good in a very long time."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2012

MetroGel (metronidazole): "Many people don't seem to like Metrogel, but for me its really made a difference in my Rosacea. One thing rosacea sufferers have to realize is that this treatment takes time. I would have to say that it took a good 2.5 months to start seeing noticeable improvement with continued improvement the longer I use it. On a side note I would like to add that my ears would flush when triggered by heat or stress and so I started to use Metrogel on them and it has helped reduce the flushing. Overall pretty happy with results only negative aspect is the amount of time it takes for it to work."

ExpoAuthority February 29, 2012

MetroGel (metronidazole): "Great working only if you use non-stop...and start to work only after 2-4 weeks therapy"

toliksf September 30, 2011

MetroGel (metronidazole): "This medicine worked for about two weeks and then stopped."

Anonymous January 11, 2011

MetroGel (metronidazole): "I used this in conjunction with Clenia. It worked great for about a year and now doesn't seem to do anything."

Anonymous January 5, 2011

MetroCream (metronidazole): "Have used this medication for months and found it to be ineffective in controlling the rosacea. I continued to use it only at the urging of my physician, applying it three times daily with NO symptomatic relief."

Anonymous December 17, 2010

MetroGel (metronidazole): "After 3 weeks of using it, my face is redder, bumpier, itchy and sore."

JBmom March 8, 2010

MetroCream (metronidazole): "This medication has been very effective in controlling my rosacea symptoms. Since it has a cream base, it helps with my dry skin as well."

Anonymous January 27, 2010

MetroGel (metronidazole): "At first, this medication seemed great. After a month or so I started breaking out more than ever. I went back to using Metrocream and haven't had a serious breakout in years."

Anonymous January 27, 2010

MetroCream (metronidazole): "Useful for rosacea that is not extremely out of control. If you have just a few pustules it can be helpful when used regularly."

redface January 19, 2009

MetroGel (metronidazole): "I have found that MetroGel clears up the pustule like eruptions within 72 hours."

Anonymous January 1, 2009