User Reviews for Metronidazole

Also known as: MetroCream, MetroGel, MetroGel-Vaginal, MetroLotion, Noritate, Rosadan, Rozex, Vandazole, Vitazol

Learn more about Metronidazole.

Bacterial Vaginitis 9 reviews 32 medications

8.5
Perioral Dermatitis 2 reviews 129 medications

Rosacea 17 reviews 97 medications

5.9
Summary of Metronidazole reviews 28 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Metronidazole

Review by StarlaDarla:

For Rosacea: Day and night difference! All the redness and the red veins are gone! My skin looks fantastic!

October 31, 2014 7:46 PM

Review by Stinger15 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Rosacea: I've been using it for about 2 weeks. After the first few days I noticed a considerable difference in the size of my pores. I tend to have oily skin and as a bonus this medication seems to decrease oil production. I will keep using it.

October 23, 2014 7:38 PM

Review by Marily:

MetroGel (metronidazole) for Rosacea: I had flushing rosacea for years before it was diagnosed. Then I spent years trying one medication after another to control it but due to side effects could not take them. About 2 years ago I was prescribed MetroGel. It has changed my life. The persistent flushing and burning are almost completely gone. I still wear sunscreen and a hat when outside but now I can read at night and watch TV with the lights on.

August 20, 2014 4:53 PM

Review by lon lon (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Vaginitis: Worked fast and smell was gone after first use.

May 31, 2014 11:53 AM

Review by Big daddy993:

MetroGel (metronidazole) for Rosacea: Well there isn't a cure, but this sure helps.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 31, 2014 9:33 AM

Review by EPN (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Rosacea: It helped with flare ups from Rosacea, cooled it down.

September 17, 2013 2:09 AM

Review by ambslt:

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: I was prescribed the metronidazole vaginal gel for bacterial vaginitis. They have me using the gel before bed for 5 days. Tonight will be my 4th night of use. So far the only side effects I have noticed are a very think, white discharge and menstrual like cramps and discomfort in my pelvic area. I also have had a slight decrease in my appetite.

July 5, 2013 11:29 PM

Review by HopeThisHelps (taken for less than 1 month):

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: I had bacterial vaginitis. It was very unpleasant as one would expect. My Dr. prescribed Metrogel and Diflucan. Did the gel for three nights. About two weeks later itch occurred, so I took the Diflucan. I've had bacterial vaginitis twice and subsequently, a yeast infection. Metrogel diflucan combo worked great for me. Gave an 8/10 because I got a yeast infection after the bacterial vaginitis treatment; but Diflucan cleared it up.

June 3, 2013 3:25 AM

Review by its mine and i say it stinks (taken for less than 1 month):

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: Since MetroGel I no longer smell.

March 13, 2013 6:12 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

MetroCream (metronidazole) for Rosacea: I have found Metrocream to be very effective in combating symptoms of rosacea, especially the pimple like lesions I get around my nose & chin area. I use only when needed and notice after just a couple of applications a dramatic improvement.

October 19, 2012 7:44 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

MetroGel (metronidazole) for Rosacea: Very good results. My skin has not looked this good in a very long time.

June 14, 2012 10:17 PM

Review by Jodyandcobee:

For Perioral Dermatitis: As for the redness, soreness I find no improvement, but it helped make the area more moist. I was really hoping this erratic condition would calm down. Taking Oracea and in the past Locoid is not working either.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 5, 2012 4:22 AM

Review by ExpoAuthority:

MetroGel (metronidazole) for Rosacea: Many people don't seem to like Metrogel, but for me its really made a difference in my Rosacea. One thing rosacea sufferers have to realize is that this treatment takes time. I would have to say that it took a good 2.5 months to start seeing noticeable improvement with continued improvement the longer I use it. On a side note I would like to add that my ears would flush when triggered by heat or stress and so I started to use Metrogel on them and it has helped reduce the flushing. Overall pretty happy with results only negative aspect is the amount of time it takes for it to work.

February 29, 2012 7:05 PM

Review by toliksf:

MetroGel (metronidazole) for Rosacea: Great working only if you use non-stop...and start to work only after 2-4 weeks therapy

September 30, 2011 1:27 AM

MetroGel (metronidazole) for Rosacea: This medicine worked for about two weeks and then stopped.

January 11, 2011 8:24 AM

MetroGel (metronidazole) for Rosacea: I used this in conjunction with Clenia. It worked great for about a year and now doesn't seem to do anything.

January 5, 2011 5:11 PM

MetroCream (metronidazole) for Rosacea: Have used this medication for months and found it to be ineffective in controlling the rosacea. I continued to use it only at the urging of my physician, applying it three times daily with NO symptomatic relief.

December 17, 2010 12:28 PM

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: When I use Metro-gel, I don't have to worry about bacterial vaginitis coming back easily. It helps faster, and it's very effective. When I take the oral medicines, bacterial vaginitis recurs within weeks. That can be a major pain. The only bummer is the yeast infection that can sometimes occur.

November 2, 2010 10:37 PM

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: I love this medicine cor bacterial vaginitis. It works well and I never have side effects. However, I almost always get a yeast infection afterwards so I have my doctor prescribe Diflucan as well.

May 18, 2010 2:52 PM

Review by JBmom:

MetroGel (metronidazole) for Rosacea: After 3 weeks of using it, my face is redder, bumpier, itchy and sore.

March 8, 2010 10:23 AM

MetroCream (metronidazole) for Rosacea: This medication has been very effective in controlling my rosacea symptoms. Since it has a cream base, it helps with my dry skin as well.

January 27, 2010 2:30 PM

MetroGel (metronidazole) for Rosacea: At first, this medication seemed great. After a month or so I started breaking out more than ever. I went back to using Metrocream and haven't had a serious breakout in years.

January 27, 2010 2:28 PM

For Perioral Dermatitis: Works pretty well for my perioral dermatitis, but I should have seen a doctor sooner. It's been resistant to the medicine, but is slowly healing. Definitely have the metallic taste in my mouth from it, and a bit of intestinal discomfort.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 3, 2010 3:47 PM

Vandazole (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: Works well.

August 13, 2009 10:42 PM

Review by Natalee:

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: Metrogel is a very good solution to curing a vaginal infection. A common side effect not listed is heavy discharge. I have also experienced pelvic cramping from day 3-7 but about the same as menstrual cramps.

June 2, 2009 2:01 PM