User Reviews for Toprol-XL

Learn more about Toprol-XL.

Toprol-XL Review Summary

7.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 36 medications used in the treatment of Supraventricular Tachycardia.

Reviews for Toprol-XL to treat Supraventricular Tachycardia

"Was diagnosed with Supraventricular tachycardia two weeks ago and was put on Toprol 25 mg a day. It didn't work with bringing down my pulse so doctor increased to 50 mg a day until I see my heart doctor. I have to say that I do not like the side effects. Heavy feeling in my chest, tired all the time, headaches, etc. Hope my doctor recommends ablation because I don't think I can take this medicine much longer."

kimleydbeme May 23, 2011

"I love this medicine! It has quite literally saved my life, and has made my life much more livable. Whenever I would do anything physical, my heart would beat so fast that I would frequently faint. I went to my cardiologist, and she gave me a holter monitor. She saw what I was talking about and gave me 50mg of Toprol-XL everyday. That was over 3 years ago, still on the same dosage, and it is wonderful. For the first few months, I was a little over tired, but that side effect quickly went away."

Anonymous July 23, 2010

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I am 14 years old. I once had a moderate heart attack, and afterwards, my heart was constantly hammering away. Just sitting sown my pulse was 180 bpm. This led to enlarged heart and high blood pressure. I've been on this medicine for 3 years now, and it has probably saved my life from another heart attack. I recommend it to anyone with my problem."

Anonymous June 14, 2010

"I was put on 25mg once daily a little over a year ago and it seemed to work wonders for a good while. Due to some other issues though we increased my dose to 100mg a day and I am pretty much tired most of the day, but at least I can walk up stairs and not pass out or my heart doesn't feel like it will leap out of my chest... kind of the price to pay not to deal with the SVT. Hoping the tiredness wears off soon."

texman87 January 14, 2010

"I am a 28 year old healthy female. I was diagnosed with Supraventricular Tachycardia just recently and was put on Toprol XL 25 mg. I have only had a few minor attacks since being on this medication however I have side effects - Constantly exhausted and don't feel like myself and I have a heavy feeling in my chest which is extremely uncomfortable. Side effects have not subsided much since I started the medication 5 weeks ago. The side effects are bad enough to where I'm tempted to stop taking it and take my chances with the SVT! My doctor is recommending ablation procedure in hopes of that solving my problem and get me off the medication."

Anonymous September 9, 2009

"I was diagnosed 6 years ago with Supraventricular tachycardia. I am a 49 year old female. Since that time I have been taking a 50 mg tablet of Toprol every other day. I have had no other attacks since then and I used to get them about 5x a year. Once in a while I can feel one coming on - my heart starts beating very fast - but apparently the Toprol is doing it's job because I have not had any attacks. I am so thankful for this medication as I suffered for many years thinking I was going to die, my heart would be so hard and fast. One time I could actually see my chest moving and it went on for about 20 minutes."

trish1 July 31, 2009

"16 year old daughter rushed to local ER complaining of supraventricular tachycardia with heart rate of 283 - three attempts to cardiovert failed. Lopressor was the only drug that would get heart rate down to a manageable rate. Currently taking Toprol LX for three days now with no adverse effects. Heart rate maintaining at 90-100 per minute. Daughter is experiencing moderate tiredness."

nightowl812 April 20, 2009