User Reviews for Metoprolol

Also known as: Lopressor, Metoprolol Succinate ER, Metoprolol Tartrate, Toprol-XL

Learn more about Metoprolol.

Reviews for Metoprolol to treat Heart Failure

"I took toprolol as a kid for a type of heart Failure. My doctor said it was same as what athletes get at age 29 I had been switched to Metoprolol 50mg once daily. After a few years a new doctor took me off of it and I began jumping awake gasping for air. I was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea and put on a CPAP. It never helped I Kept having it, turned up until the pressure was wide open. but still I jumped awake at nights. My doctor was beside himself with what to do and finally I was placed back on the Metoprolol 50Mg and in two weeks my sleep Apnea disappeared."

LF83 (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 30, 2014

"I have had some pretty bad side effects including weakness to the point of falling, extreme fatigue (to the point of not being able to walk at all and eventually falling into a depression). The moment I began to wean myself off the medicine, I immediately regained my strength and everything changed for the better. I did of course inform my doctor and did this gradually over 2 weeks."

LB1265 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 9, 2013

Toprol-XL (metoprolol): "Overall, it is doing okay. I do sweat alot and it does interact with other medicines which I'm on."

Pudin January 8, 2009