User Reviews for Metoclopramide

Also known as: Maxolon, Metozolv ODT, Reglan

Learn more about Metoclopramide.

Metoclopramide review summary

7.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 87 medications used in the treatment of Migraine.

Reviews for Metoclopramide to treat Migraine

Review by Meg T:

Reglan (metoclopramide): Combination of Benadryl and Reglan have worked to break 3/4 day migraines for me. You can go to the ER and be treated through IV, but the oral medicines work just as good.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 16, 2014 10:13 AM

Review by Babygyrlty:

Reglan (metoclopramide): I have a history of migraines and Reglan, Benadryl and Toprol always works for me. My migraines seem to always be at night and wake me from sleep, I usually use an ice cube (plain not covered on temple) and it works. Really bad ones require the above combination and puts me to sleep all day when I return home from ER. Also my eye loses sight in bottom half/top half or complete eye for a few mins which I found out is a retinal migraine, which is strange because there is no pain at all with that one.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 25, 2014 7:54 PM

Review by SammyKijak:

Reglan (metoclopramide): Amazing for me! I react poorly to pain medications in general, typically resulting in intense nausea. This medication however, on multiple occasions, turned migraines so severe all I can do is scream and flail, into pure nothing within 15 minutes. This seems almost a miracle for me.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 16, 2014 9:01 AM

Review by Red C. (taken for less than 1 month):

Reglan (metoclopramide): Had a migraine for three days that escalated and went to the ER. They have me Reglan with saline. Not only did it do NOTHING for my headache, it put my Restless Leg Syndrome into overdrive affecting my entire body but wouldn't prescribe anything for that. They attempted to flush it out with more saline to no avail. They eventually gave me Fiorecet and that at least helped, though didn't stop, the migraine.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 30, 2014 7:24 PM

Reglan (metoclopramide): Went ER on Saturday got Reglan, Benadryl and Toprol, along with a bag of saline. Yummy combination, knocked out my migraine and me. Slept for an hour in hospital then another 4 at home. I'm still wiped out but after a doozy of a migraine I am exhausted for at least 5 days post. Almost like a hangover.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 7, 2014 10:34 AM

Review by Bmadsnyc (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Reglan (metoclopramide): This with Benadryl knocks out most of my migraines where Imitrex wouldn't touch them.

November 19, 2013 11:53 PM

Review by Mackie13:

I too received a Reglan (metroclopramide) with Benadryl IV when treated in the ER. I was warned that this medication would make me extremely drowsy and it did. I also have to say I felt an extreme restlessness almost as instantly as I felt the medication reach my veins. I remember my husband holding my hand and rubbing my back and telling me to settle down because I became antsy. I was thrashing a little and tossing and turning in the bed. I think we experience this because the medication comes on so strongly and your first instinct is to try to fight how you're feeling and it gives you extreme fatigue which I believe gives a false sensation or dizziness and that you're falling which I believe is what causes the anxiousness and restlessnes.

April 12, 2013 6:56 PM

Reglan (metoclopramide): Was given this for a severe migraine along with saline in a drip. After 10-15 minutes I was 100% better and wide awake ready to go and not in an anxious or wired way just felt ready to go home and pick back up my night. Nothing ever has worked this fast for me and I've been to the ER for migraines many times in the past. This was by far the best medicine given to me and I had no side effects whatsoever. 2 thumbs up for this medicine!

February 27, 2012 11:11 AM

Reglan (metoclopramide): I was just given Reglan this morning at the ER but don't think they combined it with anything but saline. Usually I get the physically "hyper" feeling but with mind exhaustion with Dramamine or Benedryl. Those medicines make me feel like all my muscles need to be repeatedly stretched and like they are itchy on the inside. Luckily I did not get this feeling at all today with just the intravenous Reglan. Even managed to sleep through half the drip. Only bad thing was that it was really cold going into my arm...my whole arm felt numb. Also, don't know if it is common or not, but was starving 6 hours later and ate more in 1 sitting than I ever before (I'm sure I will regret that tomorrow).

October 9, 2010 7:33 PM

Review by MLMike:

No problems at all. I eat them with aspirin, and it helps my migraine almost every time.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 26, 2009 2:37 AM

Review by K_W:

Reglan (metoclopramide): I was given this in an IV (along with Benadryl) in the ER when I had a horrible migraine. The nurse said it would make me tired when she gave it to me at 4 pm. Well I was tired for about 3 min. then the "fun" began. Like the other poster, I started to feel extremely anxious. I kept tossing and turning in the bed because I felt like I wanted to crawl out of my skin. I had to wait for 2 IV bags to finish before they would let me leave. When I got home I was exhausted but at the same time could not sit still to save my life. I had that "wanting to crawl out of my skin" feeling all night as I paced the house exhausted. I was finally able to fall asleep at 5 am. The next day I was really shaky and still a little bit anxious.

November 24, 2009 10:12 PM

Reglan (metoclopramide): Like the other anonymous user, I went to the ER with a migraine. I received this medicine and Benadryl (Diphenhydramine) intravenously. The side effects were intolerable. Within minutes of injection a combination of agitation, nervousness and anxiety overwhelmed my already throbbing head. I felt trapped, as if there was no escaping the discomfort of the side effects. I gave this a 3/10 because it still prevented me from throwing up after I already had several times. It works, but I won't ever use it again. I know it wasn't the Benadryl as I have taken it since without incident.

August 21, 2009 10:10 AM