User Reviews for Solu-Medrol

Learn more about Solu-Medrol.

Inflammatory Conditions 1 reviews 115 medications

Shock 0 reviews 111 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Solu-Medrol reviews 4 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Solu-Medrol

Review by Solumedrol Fan (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Solu-Medrol (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: I was diagnosed with acute laryngopharyngitis which inflamed my throat, tonsills, and mouth. My body didn't react to amoxicillin so I went a whole weekend in severe pain. Wentt to my docs office at 10am Monday, was hospitalized by 1pm, Solu Medrol by 2pm and pain free by 7pm. Over the course of three days I was very moody, stomach and chest pain, constipation, and never slept but once discharged after 3 days of treatment I was back to my old self within 48hours. The side effects are bad but the effects are heaven sent for pain and inflammation. I have heard the same about Multiple Sclerosis and gout sufferers. God bless you all!

May 23, 2013 11:21 PM
Review by Babs53: User Rating:

Solu-Medrol (methylprednisolone) for Asthma: My asthma attack and fever of 102.6 started suddenly 1/18/2010. I went to my pulmonary doctor 1/19. I received a Solu-Medrol dosepak. The first days dose is the heaviest. I took it as directed. I had taken 2 doses on the second day when I developed severe chest pains. I returned to my doctor and was admitted to hospital for cardiac work-up. Within 24 hours of tests, I was discharged. I never had any more chest pain after stopping medicine. I must have developed a sensitivity last May when I had pneumonia for 16 days in hospital. My body is very sensitive to medicines. I liked Solu-Medrol. Maybe I have to take it with Benadryl. I don't know until I speak with my doctor on my return visit.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 23, 2010 12:50 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Solu-Medrol (methylprednisolone) for Gout, Acute: Sometimes takes several hours to work after being administered but usually relief is dramatic. Best medication I have had to relieve the pain and swelling after an acute attack of gout without having a Cortizone injection in the joint. The injection in the joint is very painful but works quicker, but i.v treatment is the best route.

January 4, 2010 12:18 AM
Review by MS vee: User Rating:

Solu-Medrol (methylprednisolone): I have multiple sclerosis and take Solu-Medrol through an intravenous infusion. I have taken it three times, and it seems to get rid of the symptoms, I get through my MS attacks, very quickly. Sometimes it works right away (within hours), sometimes it takes the full 5 day treatment. Even if you do not immediately feel like the symptoms are getting better, it doesn't mean that the Solu Medrol isn't working. It is in fact stopping the attack of the brain. The only thing that I do not like is the metallic taste you get in your mouth. Also, there is a really odd urine smell that comes out through your pores. My blood sugar levels go up when on Solu Medrol, but the body usually corrects this.

March 19, 2009 1:37 AM
Review by GV13321aol.com: User Rating:

Solu-Medrol (methylprednisolone) for Osteoarthritis: I have osteoarthritis, some days the pain in ALL my joints is very bad. I have taken Solumedrol several times and have relief (not stopping the pain) for a few months, but I need it again.

March 5, 2008 5:49 PM

Severe allergies and anaphylaxis: Learn how epinephrine can save a life. Watch Video