User Reviews for Medrol Dosepak

Learn more about Medrol Dosepak.

Asthma, acute 1 reviews 164 medications

Shock 0 reviews 111 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Medrol Dosepak reviews 9 reviews 9.3

Reviews for Medrol Dosepak

Review by Kathy310 (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone) for Asthma, acute: This is my first line of defense when my allergy induced asthma is out of control. Rescue inhalers have not worked for me; I cannot pull the medicine into my lungs when I am constricted. By day 2 of the dosepak, I have significant relief and can usually go off of routine nebulized bronchodilators within 6 days. Unfortunately, my doctors do not like to prescribe steroids 3-4 times/year as needed even though I have shown them it works for me.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 25, 2014 12:58 AM
Review by pain & fatigue (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: I had extreme fatigue with back pain, headache and nausea for 3-4 weeks. I couldn't sleep but was tired all the time. After 2-3 days taking the 6 day Dosepak I felt 80% better. I was still a little fatigued and my back still hurt some but I truly felt 80% better. I am starting day 4 tomorrow and hope to continue on this path as life has been absolutely miserable the last few weeks.

March 14, 2013 5:25 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: The first day/night was when I was the most jittery. The only side effects I got were jitters, slight headache, moodiness, and some dry skin. They get better as the days go on. My back pain has totally disappeared.

July 9, 2012 9:16 AM
Review by Michele527: User Rating:

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: The product is an effective bullet as I tend to get pneumonia bi-annually due to a compromised immune system (Lupus). I have been diagnosed with Osteo-necrosis caused by the steroid usage. In addition, it tends to make me extremely jittery and anxious, extraordinarily dizzy, unable to focus, nauseous, and to have blurred vision. (These might be an allergic reaction to the product, but am unsure). It HAS saved me many a trip for an extensive stay in the hospital and feel comfortable stating that while I have multiple side effects, the benefit most certainly outweighs them.

March 30, 2012 2:13 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: I've been prescribed Medrol Dosepak on two occasions over the last 10 years. Each time I experienced relief from the pain and swelling within a few days. I did not experience any side effects.

February 16, 2010 5:46 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone) for Gout, Acute: Pain disappears almost immediately after the first dose.

January 9, 2010 12:46 AM
Review by pen123: User Rating:

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone) for Osteoarthritis: Truly a quality of life improver. I can't thank my doctor enough for giving me this prescription when I have debilitating flare ups. Just have to rest and not over exert your joints when on this medicine. Let the swelling subside before returning to normal activities. For me, 2-3 days, and I feel great.

August 15, 2009 8:44 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone) for Atopic Dermatitis: The Dosepak worked very well for me. After about the 3rd day, the swelling and itching had reduced considerably.

June 27, 2009 1:32 AM
Review by medrol: User Rating:

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone) for Asthma: Works effectively

March 5, 2009 9:13 PM

Watch this video series to learn about managing severe allergies (anaphylaxis).