User Reviews for Methylin

Learn more about Methylin.

ADHD 11 reviews 62 medications

8.4
Narcolepsy 4 reviews 13 medications

8.2
Summary of Methylin reviews 15 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Methylin

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Narcolepsy: I just recently started this medication and so far it has not worked very well for me. My doctor first prescribed me Provigil but my insurance didn't cover enough of it for me to be able to afford it. This worked pretty good for me the 1st day or 2 but now less than a week later I'm back to the way I was dozing off and on all day long. I was so excited to finally have an answer and a treatment that now I'm just frustrated and sad that it's not working and afraid that something that could work for me will end up being too expensive!

May 28, 2012 9:46 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Narcolepsy: The use of Methlylin 10mg at 08:00 again at 14:00 has made my workday productive and avoided the "nods" at mid-day and again mid-afternoon. I had suffered with undiagnosed narcolepsy for at least 10 years and this regimen, started 3 years ago has saved my job and my life. (I used to sometimes almost nod off at a long interval stoplight in the mid-afternoon. "Scary for me and you both!"

May 11, 2012 11:59 AM

For ADHD: I lost most my friends BUT started 3 businesses by the age of 21. This medicine works, but its a medicine. Yes I have most of the generic side effects (loss of appetite, insomnia, irritability afterwards), but the PROS outweigh the CONS right now.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 5, 2011 11:01 PM

Review by ovityo derson,:

For ADHD: Very effective on ADD. Obviously, helps focus and concentration. One problem, great benefit is that if you have bipolar and depression is helps motivate you and give some of your ambition and great energy levels back! I have noticed that if not on an extended release form and you have long days like I do you notice that the effectiveness only lasts about 3 to 3 1/2 hours.

October 11, 2011 9:59 AM

Review by codysmom!:

For ADHD: My son is 6 and has been on this medication for a week and has shown improvement at school. He has been able to work independently on his work sheets and gets through his work faster. He is very smart but didn't have the focus to complete a task but I have noticed he has loss of appetite and not going to sleep at night which is bothersome to me because he was always such a good eater and sleeper. So might have to look into other medicines.

May 19, 2011 9:00 AM

For Narcolepsy: I can't stay awake without it. I was taking 36mg of Concerta at 6am, another 36 at 8am, and then falling asleep at my desk at 9. Now I still take the 6am dose, but I take the Methylin at 8 and then at 10 if I need it. I was falling asleep every day. Now I can actually stay awake! No other medicines have worked for me, and I have certainly tried a lot.

March 4, 2011 5:02 PM

For ADHD: It works really well. I've improved on my listening skills and concentrating on things. I've managed to get much better grades too.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 19, 2011 10:23 PM

Review by kaylee5:

For ADHD: My daughter is 5 and they recently put her on this medication an she is doing a lot better since taking it. The only down side I have seen is as the day goes on she gets really whinny/moody, but she can focus at school a lot better and is a lot happier an nicer.

January 17, 2011 11:03 PM

Review by ladylace:

For ADHD: I have only been on it for one month. It's the best thing I have taken.

February 4, 2010 9:22 PM

For ADHD: This drug has changed my life. I have ADD and depression. I used to not be able to get out of bed for a week at a time. Now I'm loving life hanging out with friends and happy for the first time in a long time. I've tried a few other ADD medicines they didn't really help me. I like the Methyln generic much more than any of them. The only problem I have with it is that I don't like to stop taking it and go to bed, kinda like addicted to it while on it, but ONLY when I'm on it. Before I could go all day and not crave it, been on it a year now. It's just when I take my first one hard for me to not want to stay on it because I enjoy life so much more.

November 10, 2009 7:24 PM

Review by mezomorph:

For ADHD: I used this for about a week, it caused severe dry mouth and loss of appetite.

April 25, 2009 7:20 PM

For ADHD: For me, Methylin has been so positive. In the competitive world that is SALES; Methylin has been a God send. It's helped me focus, stay focused and follow through on sales leads and potential. I just wish I'd discovered it 15 years ago. If you have ADD, Methylin should help you.

April 14, 2009 11:03 PM

Review by good boy:

For ADHD: I think this drug helps really well.

January 14, 2009 8:34 AM

Review by lauraeg:

For ADHD: This drug has changed my life. I was diagnosed with ADHD in my late 20s and I never knew that I could enjoy my family and every day life this much. I am very pleased.

October 16, 2008 1:25 AM

Review by imdaisybelle:

For Narcolepsy: Works just like Ritalin for me.

July 29, 2008 2:39 PM