User Reviews for Methylin ER

Learn more about Methylin ER.

Depression 2 reviews 76 medications

9.5
Narcolepsy 1 reviews 15 medications

8.5
ADHD 7 reviews 32 medications

8.4
Summary of Methylin ER reviews 10 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Methylin ER

For Depression "I've been diagnosed with ADD at the age of 42 and have struggled with major depression since adolescence. I currently take 10mg Methylin ER and 150mg bupropion XL in the morning. In the evenings I take 50mg of trazadone for sleep. 3 weeks now and I have never felt better. The adjustment period was pretty mild. Just a bit 'jazzed' in the morning and very mild nausea in the evening. This gradually faded over a week. My appetite is returning, my diet improving and I am reconnecting socially. My sleep is good and I awaken fully alert with the sunrise. I can't believe how dramatic this change is. I am optimistic that I will be able to dig myself out of the hole I've been in and re-build a life."

meyotch (taken for less than 1 month) October 21, 2013

For ADHD "My son (9yrs old) has been taking this for about 3 weeks now for ADD. I was apprehensive about resorting to medicating him, but as his grades and progress were suffering, we felt we had to take the next step and try medication. We have noticed a dramatic difference. On the 2nd day his teachers sent me notes about how much he had already improved with focusing on his school work and having to spend much less time getting him to pay attention. He is more focused and hasn't brought work home not completed in class since he started it. Only one dizzy spell on the 2nd day of treatment and a little trouble getting to sleep the first 3 nights, but now he seems adjusted to the meds and is doing quite well."

Relieved Mom March 6, 2012

For ADHD "My son takes this. Best medication he has been on that works. Just hard to get as it's always on back order."

mom of 4 boys August 17, 2011

For Narcolepsy "I used Methylin ER for 3 months. I used the equivalent of a 90 days prescription (one 20 mg once a day) for 3 months. I did not use the pill every day due to illnesses and migraines. Who wants to be alert for that? When I did take it, it was a different life for me. I could actually plan what task I would complete that day instead of "watch and wait" as it has always been for me with narcolepsy. I am a stay at home mom with a 3 year old and a 14 year old. In result my house was cleaner, I was more predictable energy wise. I did sleep lighter and occasionally woke up at night. It was not bothersome though, not to stop it. Then the unfortunate happened, I became allergic to it ( I am also allergic to Nuvigil and Progvigl)."

narcoleptic in houston March 24, 2010

For ADHD "My adult ADHD is the result of a traumatic brain injury. This has been helpful with the ADHD, but also with other symptoms from the TBI."

seattlecarol October 20, 2009

For ADHD "My doctor recently switched me from Ritalin LA to Methylin ER since it comes in a generic form and is much more affordable. Sometimes I can't even tell I have taken the Methylin ER, the performance is so sub-standard to the Ritalin LA. "

Anonymous April 13, 2009

For ADHD "It gave me back a life, which I thought I would never have."

toddwell January 24, 2009

For ADHD "I was prescribed this for ADHD that was along with bipolar disorder. I didnt take it at first cause I was scared because I have a history of substance abuse. Finally I decided to give it a try. The first day I took it there was a HUGE difference. I was not as irritable as usual. The "chatter" in my head quietened. I was able to focus better on a few tasks. I felt a little bit more confident than usual. So far, I haven't had any bad things to say. I have ECT once a month which helps a little bit with my depression and bipolar, but this medication seems to do more good than any of that stuff. "

kkat October 28, 2008

For ADHD "I have been on Methylin ER for about a year and a half. I still have a lot of difficulty with ADHD symptoms, but the medication helps. I can tell when I don't take it properly, my symptoms increase. I have only had to increase the dosage once in about six months. I think that I need another increase now. I have not had any problems with side effects. My appetite is fine, no sleep issues (if anything, I sleep better now), no anxiety or increased blood pressure."

peguin May 14, 2008

For Depression "I've been on antidepressants from the old style to the newer SSRI's, SNRI's and others and nothing worked. My doctor suggested Methylin ER and my depression lifted in two days and I haven't had a relapse. It's been about a year now and I'm still as happy as can be. I don't sleep for 12 hours or more anymore either. I can wake fully rested with 8 hours sleep and do anything my heart desires. Methylin ER is truly amazing and I'll never go back to an antidepressant as long as this keeps working."

Finally Happy March 21, 2008

195 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate