User Reviews for Methylin ER

Learn more about Methylin ER.

Methylin ER Review Summary

8.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 28 medications used in the treatment of ADHD.

Reviews for Methylin ER to treat ADHD

"My son (9yrs old) has been taking this for about 3 weeks now for ADD. I was apprehensive about resorting to medicating him, but as his grades and progress were suffering, we felt we had to take the next step and try medication. We have noticed a dramatic difference. On the 2nd day his teachers sent me notes about how much he had already improved with focusing on his school work and having to spend much less time getting him to pay attention. He is more focused and hasn't brought work home not completed in class since he started it. Only one dizzy spell on the 2nd day of treatment and a little trouble getting to sleep the first 3 nights, but now he seems adjusted to the meds and is doing quite well."

Relieved Mom March 6, 2012

"My son takes this. Best medication he has been on that works. Just hard to get as it's always on back order."

mom of 4 boys August 17, 2011

"My adult ADHD is the result of a traumatic brain injury. This has been helpful with the ADHD, but also with other symptoms from the TBI."

seattlecarol October 20, 2009

"My doctor recently switched me from Ritalin LA to Methylin ER since it comes in a generic form and is much more affordable. Sometimes I can't even tell I have taken the Methylin ER, the performance is so sub-standard to the Ritalin LA. "

Anonymous April 13, 2009

"It gave me back a life, which I thought I would never have."

toddwell January 24, 2009

"I was prescribed this for ADHD that was along with bipolar disorder. I didnt take it at first cause I was scared because I have a history of substance abuse. Finally I decided to give it a try. The first day I took it there was a HUGE difference. I was not as irritable as usual. The "chatter" in my head quietened. I was able to focus better on a few tasks. I felt a little bit more confident than usual. So far, I haven't had any bad things to say. I have ECT once a month which helps a little bit with my depression and bipolar, but this medication seems to do more good than any of that stuff. "

kkat October 28, 2008

"I have been on Methylin ER for about a year and a half. I still have a lot of difficulty with ADHD symptoms, but the medication helps. I can tell when I don't take it properly, my symptoms increase. I have only had to increase the dosage once in about six months. I think that I need another increase now. I have not had any problems with side effects. My appetite is fine, no sleep issues (if anything, I sleep better now), no anxiety or increased blood pressure."

peguin May 14, 2008