User Reviews for Daytrana

Learn more about Daytrana.

ADHD 42 reviews 32 medications

8.4
Summary of Daytrana reviews 42 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Daytrana

For ADHD "LOVE the way this medicine work. We could just leave it on a little longer to get through homework time! BUT the irritation was just too much for her skin. She had raised whelps/sores for several weeks after discontinuing the meds."

cafekete (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 18, 2015

For ADHD "I started using the patch when I was about 9 and using it now. I'm 13. I was in the lowest classes and now I'm in the highest class in my grade. I used to have to sit in my room for 4 1/2 hours until I finished my homework. It got so bad sometimes that I didn't even finish my homework because It was getting too late. I couldn't hangout with friends. Now it only takes me about 30 mins to an hour to finish. This patch helps me throughout the day. I only use it on weekdays when I'm at school because I only use it when I have to finish a task. But during school I find my stomach rumbling in classes. I ate breakfast every morning, and tried to eat lunch but I loose my appetite. I find myself sweating during class also from not eating in the day."

Anonymous December 2, 2014

For ADHD "This is my Wonder medicine for my 11 yr old Son. He hates taking the Pill's and they were making him sick so we went to Dr in Aug 2014 & I asked him if we could try the patches he said sure and I Love this Patch. Thank's for making this. And I did not know about putting the patches in the fridge because I do have a hard time peeling them so I'm going to give that a try."

northpole November 11, 2014

For ADHD "My son has been on this patch for a year. We started at 10mg, and are moving to 15 mg now. It has (by far) been the best ADHD medicine we've tried. We have had pretty minimal skin irritation issues overall. Sometimes the backing of the patch is hard to peel, but 15 seconds in the freezer solves that problem. By far our favorite ADHD medicine."

Sberi (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 11, 2014

For ADHD "My 7 year old son has been on the 15mg patch going on his 4th month now and it has been a God send. He went from a C and D student at the start of the school year to an almost straight A student at the end. I have found that if I use adhesive remover and out a little lotion on the site after removal it manages the irritation. It definitely affects his appetite but no more so than any of the other medications that he has been on. Night and Day difference for us."

Bowzer73 June 3, 2014

For ADHD "This Patch is amazing. For those of you having trouble removing the backing, just put patch in fridge for a while, or over night. We just keep the box in the fridge. Peels off nice and easy. And the cold patch helps with the itching."

reg428 May 22, 2014

For ADHD "My son was diagnosed with ADHD at 5. My friends, society along with my own guilt made me feel like a horrible mom for considering meds. Kind of was horrible for my son he hated school and cried to not go. 1st was a constant struggle and when we started trying different medicines. They all turned him in the "zombie" you hear about. I stopped trying medicines and thought we would just have to deal with 3-4 hours of homework a night. In 2nd grade we heard about Daytrana. My son made a huge improvement in school. His teacher (who is wonderful) was amazed by his focus in class. My son went from being an intelligent child who could not focus to an exceptional student. The red marks caused by the patch are hard to see as a parent, but my sons self worth out ways them."

Martine81 May 16, 2014

For ADHD "I call this my miracle. It saved my sanity. We weren't having success with anything! Wow! Love this patch! Young girl went from running around the house getting into one thing after another, to finally being able to sit down and play video games. Side effects-she could just peel it off! Itching where applied, seems to subside the longer you wear it. Gets red, irritated in that spot. Alternate hips. NO APPETITE until medicine wore off. I served breakfast at 4am to get 3 meals a day. Dinner 1 1/2 - 2 hours after removing patch and lunch if you want to call it that around 8am. It was worth it to me to save my sanity. Patch does take 2 hrs to kick in. Lasts well over an hour after you remove it. Left on longer than recommended on many occasions."

PJ4793 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 10, 2014

For ADHD "My son is 7 years old and has been diagnosed with ADHD and is using Daytrana 10mg which has been the BEST so far! After applying the patch, it takes a couple of hours for the medicine to start working. I noticed that if I place the patch on his hip, but closer to his butt it is more effective. (my doctor said that other parents had noticed that the placement of the patch makes a difference). At school he is able to control his impulses, focus and most importantly still be a 7 year old boy (not a zombie). The only downfalls to this medication is that he does not have an appetite (most of these meds cause this) & the area where you place the patch can get red and itchy. I rotate where I place the patch and use baby oil to remove the adhesive"

ADHD MOM March 16, 2014

For ADHD "We just picked up the Daytrana patch tonight and plan to try it in the morning. My son is 15 and has been on ADD medications since he was 6. Metidate was awful -- caused anger and dark moods. We switched to Focalin XR twice a day (which I highly recommend for those of you who are still searching for the right medication) and has been absolutely wonderful for the past 6 or 7 years. It made him feel loving and gentle, which is his nature. Just recently, he seemed to outgrow his dosage, and through tests of different dosages, we have reached the max he should take, which, by the way, is usually not what the insurance company limits are, so find a good ADD doctor who knows his stuff. Keep at it until you find the right med and dosage."

karinos October 23, 2013

For ADHD "My son almost 6 started on Daytrana right around 5 yrs old. We went from half a 10mg patch to a whole 10mg patch. Really it's whatever we need that day. It does work. Positives for us: concentration improved, attitude solid. Negatives: if we leave the patch on from 8-6, we are up until 2 or 3 am if we do not give melatonin to help sleep. Appetite severely decreases on medicine, days without medicine he's eating like a horse. Overall the medicine has more positives than negatives, I just would like more understanding on how as a parent to be able to handle all this."

4Momof4kids (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 25, 2013

For ADHD "This medicine has me really confused. My 7 yr old has ADHD and usually has really good control on meds. Concerta always worked really well, but we couldn't go any higher on the dose. Everything else wares off before he is home from school . We tried the Daytrana to see if he would have some control through the bus ride home. The confusing part is, it's helping a lot with the hyperactivity, but not at all with focus. He's actually always done well in school, but now his teacher says he just wanders around the classroom. Any one else ever had this experience?"

luvspnk February 12, 2013

For ADHD "We had tried the patch when our son was 5 1/2 yrs old. We have tried many stimulant medications which do not last the amount of time it states it should so we tried Daytrana. This was not for us. My son was out of control, increased aggression, impulsivity, and couldn't sit still to save his life. My son does deal with other mental Health disorders such as SPD, ODD, ADHD, GAD, and a mood disorder. We are currently on Focalin XR 15mg in the morning and 10Mg XR about 12pm. Focalin has been the best we found but still I think causes his other diagnosis to shine through a bit more."

Alindsay330 January 20, 2013

For ADHD "My son was diagnosed with ADHD. He was having problems at school such as focusing, following directions, sitting still.. etc. We decided to use the Daytrana patch since he isn't able to take pills. This so far is working wonders. He is on his first week and is already showing signs of improvement! I recommend this product."

Anonymous October 5, 2012

For ADHD "My husband and I didn't believe in ADD. My child's doctor said that he would only medicate if my child's grades were suffering. We postponed medication until my son was in the 5th grade and grades started plummeting. He is not hyper or misbehaved but has difficulty focusing, completing tasks and becoming overwhelmed. We tried other medicines, but Daytrana was for us. No fuss to take medicines. No sudden drop in mood. No depression. The only drawback was itchy skin, but he overcame this and difficulty removing the backing, but overtime this becomes easier. I would recommend this. Do not give up on your child. ADD is real!"

Anonymous April 3, 2012

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For ADHD "My 18 year old daughter has been on Daytrana patches for more than 5 years. She needs a 40 mg dose, and 30 mg is the strongest patch. Benefits are MANY. Though 9 hours is the recommended time for wearing the patch, my daughter routinely wears them for 14 hours daily to get school work and homework done. She wears them 16 or more hours if she has a date, or there is a school function that lasts late e.g. PROM. This has allowed her to avoid those horrible "impulse control" issues most ADD kids experience. Daytrana has allowed her to avoid the highs and lows that occur with other medications. We love Daytrana."

Bobjo April 1, 2012

For ADHD "My 5 year old son has severe ADHD and started on this patch 4 months ago. Although it really does what it says, it leaves him with severe rashes, and muscle tenderness. I am looking into alternatives now."

Anonymous January 3, 2012

For ADHD "I'm eighteen and I've had ADD all my life, though I'm only now trying medication for it. Daytrana helped me a little, but my dosage was too low. I started out on the 10mg patch. The biggest issue with it was weight loss. Now, let me begin by saying that before the appointment where I was diagnosed, I had just eaten lunch. Shortly after starting Daytrana, I caught a cold that lasted about two weeks, recovered, then caught another two-week cold. I did notice that I was less hungry while using the patch. Didn't eat breakfast before my checkup, My weight went from 120 to 114 lbs. Doctor took me off Daytrana and switched me to Stratera, which has been a nightmare. While on Daytrana, I felt more awake, but not necessarily more focused."

Anonymous November 27, 2011

For ADHD "I am 13 years old and was diagnosed when I was in kindergarten. I started taking medicine when I was in 1st grade. I started to use Daytrana when I was in 4th grade. Only my close friends and family knew I had ADHD. I was so embarrassed and was made fun of all the time. I was on 15mg but for the past couple of months I switched to 10mg. It works great and I recommend it to others. The patch you just stick on your hip and take it off after 9 hours. Sometimes I forget to take it off and can't sleep at all and if I don't take it I will bounce off the walls and I will eat so much that I either throw up or be very sick. When I do take it I feel like a normal person. It is hard to get the backing off sometimes but if you are careful it comes off."

sarah c July 2, 2011

For ADHD "I am someone that does NOT like to take medication. I am an adult and I found out I was ADD back about 5 years ago and started taking Strattera for it. I am a slow metabolizer so was using 10 mg per day of Strattera. Recently I felt the need to add some additional medication to help me focus a little better. In reading about Daytrana, the thing I liked about it was that I knew I could cut the patch down in size (to 1/2 or 1/4) if I felt the dose was too high. I usually am VERY sensitive to adhesives, but I've been on it about 2 weeks now and have not had a problem at all. I clean the site where the patch had been with alcohol after I take it off and have not had any skin reactions. The product is GREAT (10 mg dose patch)."

nerdvanagirl April 5, 2011

For ADHD "I am an adult on this medicine now for a little over a month. I could not sleep at night because I could not get my brain to "turn off" I had constant headache and horrible migraines which I am treated for by a neurologist. My blood pressure was out of control most days over 175 with the bottom number at high 90's to 110. Not good. Since being on it I have not had one migraine, my blood pressure is 120's over 60 to 70's and I can put it on and go right to sleep if I want to. I actually sleep through the night now. I can not tell you how happy I am to feel so good. Side effect; the patch leaves red skin that does not heel for days. I am so excited. My son takes Concerta now for 6 years and has good results but not like this."

snow1234 March 17, 2011

For ADHD "My 8 year old son has been on Daytrana for approximately 6 months and I have to say of all the ADHD medicines out there this is the best. We have tried almost every ADHD medicine out there and nothing lasted as long as it was supposed to or had no effect whatsoever. The only problem with the patch is its sticking. It never seems to stick and in the summer I had to find something waterproof to put over it."

Anonymous October 19, 2010

For ADHD "I just started Daytrana 30mg after being on another generic versin of methylphenidate 10mg 3 times a day and all I can say is Daytrana is the best. I do not get the ups and downs with the pill form. Instant Release Ritalin and I also like how I do not have to keep taking pills all day long. Daytrana is so much smoother. I was amazed at how it kept a steady supply of methylphenidate in my system. I also believe since it slowly releases I do not feel jittery and I actually had a great appetite. The only thing I would still change is I would make the part that you peel off hard. Since it's flexible it takes a little of work to peel the back off. I can deal with it though since it the best ADD medicine I have found out there. "

caseywrice October 11, 2010

For ADHD "My 11 year old son was diagnosed with ADHD since kindergarten. That is usually when parents can start to confirm their suspicions of their child's behavior with the observation of an outside party such as a teacher. We started with the usual, very mild Strattera...to no avail. We didn't really know what we were looking for. We were so very sad and scared that he would become a 'zombie' as most people describe it. Nothing worked from Strattera, Concerta (gave him tics), Clonidine (high blood pressure medicine that supposedly works for ADHD), etc. DAYTRANA 40mg has been the miracle drug for our little boy. He has been on it for about 1 1/2 years now. He can sit and do homework, crossword puzzles, and word finds! Absolutely love it, no more mean Morgan!"

jpmnfam September 8, 2010

For ADHD "My son is 10 yrs old and has ADHD. He has been on the patch for 4-5 months and the only side effects that he has is a redness where the patch was. Other than that, its a miracle patch. His grades have doubled and the lowest grade he has gotten is one C. He wears it from 5:30am-3:30pm. I love it, it calms him down and he is happy to do his homework. I can only praise this medicine. Some will give negative and positive reviews about the patch because it will effect everyone differently."

steffers March 26, 2010