User Reviews for Concerta

Learn more about Concerta.

Concerta review summary

7.6/10 Average Rating

Compare all 15 medications used in the treatment of Narcolepsy.

Reviews for Concerta to treat Narcolepsy

Review by Jaxcie (taken for less than 1 month):

Although I was never officially diagnosed with narcolepsy, about 10 years ago, I began slowing down, literally my energy and motivation kept going down and down, etc. I longed to be normal and play with my kids like I once had. Finally, we seemed to have found the right medication and now we just need to adjust the dosage. It has been nearly a month and its been a little rocky because of the adjustments needed but I feel like I am becoming the Jackie I once was. I just need to check more about the side effects, etc. So far, so good.

May 18, 2013 3:17 AM

Review by Jecca (taken for 1 to 6 months):

My doctor originally put me on this medication because I thought I was ADD on account of concentration and focus issues. After my first dose leveled out and needed to be adjusted we realized I may be narcoleptic since my main complaint was daytime sleepiness along with the focus and concentration issues. I have a sleep study coming up to confirm the diagnosis but this medication has save my life. I can now stay away all day, focus and concentrate, and my moods are even better. This is very important as a wife, stay at home mom of 3, and a college student. It works wonderfully for me! I do find I drink more water and crave cigarettes more but the trade off is definitely worth the benefits I am getting!

January 16, 2013 9:30 AM

Review by susan_2009:

I have narcolepsy and OSA along with severe Restless Legs Syndrome. I've been on Ritalin and 2 different non narcotic medicines and they simply stopped being effective after a short period of time. FINALLY my Doctor put me on 54mg of Concerta along with an 18 mg of Concerta, totaling 72mg and it's perfect. I can still take a short nap but I am able to finally stay awake longer then 2 hours. It took 3 sleep studies and about 5 different drugs but I think I finally am beginning to feel optimistic!

June 18, 2010 12:54 AM

Didn't work for me and gave me a really bad headache.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 24, 2010 7:58 PM

An excellent medication for treating my condition

May 21, 2008 8:05 PM