Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Methylphenidate

Also known as: Concerta, Daytrana, Metadate CD, Metadate ER, Methylin, Methylin ER, Quillivant XR, Ritalin, Ritalin LA, Ritalin-SR

Learn more about Methylphenidate.

Depression 12 reviews 75 medications

7.6
Fatigue 2 reviews 0 medications

7.3
Obesity 1 reviews 56 medications

Postural Orthostatic...ycardia Syndrome 0 reviews 8 medications Not rated - Be the first
Severe Mood Dysregulation 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Sleep Paralysis 0 reviews 1 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Methylphenidate reviews 387 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Methylphenidate

Review by CHuck57868959 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Ritalin (methylphenidate) for ADHD: I took it for a week. The first time I took it, I fell asleep. But it helps me with focus and thinking clearly. Still, I would go on the Adderall because it lasted longer in my system and I wasn't so sleepy.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 24, 2015 9:49 PM

Review by Samanthaed (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Concerta (methylphenidate) for ADHD: I've been taking concerta for the past five months. When I first began taking it, I would get headaches and appetite problems, but those side effects dissapeared after about three weeks on it. Concerta has not only improved the amount of work I'm able to accomplish, its improved my self esteem as well. I no longer feel as shy and cluttered as I did before I started taking concerta. I like that it lasts throughout the entire work day, so I don't have to worry about redosing. Overall, concerta has been a very positive experience for me.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 15, 2015 5:44 PM

Review by Melvin am:

Concerta (methylphenidate) for ADHD: I really like Concerta. I was on Adderall before but had really bad anxiety and sleep side effects and even more side effects, so my doctor gave me a Concerta prescription and I took it and felt so energized and focused. I love Concerta so much the only complaint would be it lowers my appetite and gives me a bad mood sometimes but I use Prozac to balance that out and this medicine is amazing, I tested it on video games and kept winning because how focused I was. This medicine is great for ADHD I highly reccomend it.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 29, 2015 4:48 PM

Review by Mom123456:

Concerta (methylphenidate) for ADHD: After a diagnosis of ADHD, ODD and RAD the psychiatrist prescribed Concerta. So far after 1 week of use, the hyperactivity, aggression, and zoning out has either stopped or come to minimal. The side affects seem to be weight gain and loss of appetite.

March 23, 2015 11:33 AM

Review by crim:

Methylin (methylphenidate) for ADHD: Wow this stuff. There are pros and cons. Pros are for the first time something used to treat my ADHD doesn't mess up my personality. I still feel like the same person and I'm still very sociable but I'm focused at the same time. Cons are that 10mg for me isn't enough.... neither is 20mg.

March 19, 2015 4:51 PM

Review by mkc1968:

Concerta (methylphenidate) for ADHD: So far so good. Love the extended delivery system. I am taking 54, does not last as long as they claim. I am 46 just started with meds about 6 months ago. No bad side effects!

March 19, 2015 8:18 AM

Review by Brule (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Concerta (methylphenidate) for ADHD: I was diagnosed in my late 40's with ADD. Dr. Put me on Strattera which was fine except for the severe nausea in the morning even taking it with breakfast. Just could not deal with that so was switched to Concerta. Loved it. No side affects. Could be off of it on the weekends and go back on it on Mondays with no issues. Dosage was 36mg. About 5 years of taking it and perfectly happy. Switched insurance company and continued with my medication then as of the first of the year will no longer cover Concerta. They want me to try all the cheaper formularies. Now I am struggling with all the other options they have provided and no success. Doesnt make sense!

March 17, 2015 11:23 AM

Concerta (methylphenidate) for ADHD: Concerta helped me so much. Before Concerta, I dreaded doing school work or even regular household chores. While on it, I want to do my homework and chores. It makes me 200x more focused overall, which means more learning and better grades. I went from C's and F's to A's and some B's

March 14, 2015 9:40 PM

Review by Julie3377:

Concerta (methylphenidate) for ADHD: This medication is amazing!! Be patient and try it! All ADHD medications (like any other medication for anything) have side-effects but I have learned Concerta's do go away once you let your body do the talking: push through the 1-6 days of anxiety/depression/hyperactivity, etc., and be open to what it can do for you once your body gets used to it. I am 21 years old and I am on 54mg AND I take a side-effect medication called INTUNIV XR (2mg) that cured the anxiety side-effect which I found to come about half way through the day and when the Concerta was wearing off. This side effect comes about because Concerta is not a gradual release but 2 releases of the medicine- it drops off and may cause anxiety for a short time during the day.

March 9, 2015 7:53 PM

Review by victordon (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Concerta (methylphenidate) for ADHD: Simply amazing! I was on Concerta from the age of 11-17 it worked, but didnt really appreciate its qualities being a young lad...I came off it. Since then life has gone dramatically down hill and I have had issues with keeping a job, focusing, social acceptance....the works! I had no commitment to anything and no drive to establish myself in the world. Im now 24 and have been back on them for 9 months. Since then I have been 100 milliom times more productive. Secured an amazing job (and held it down) even won a few employee of the month awards! Ive also gained a new amazing social circle and my relationships generally have never been better. Small side effects i.e sleep issues. But will never stop taking unless forced.

March 5, 2015 12:47 PM

Review by Late Summer:

Concerta (methylphenidate) for ADHD: Concerta it was the only medication that work for my ADD I am 53 years old. I took a break from it for four years now I am going to start it again because I am not getting anything done during the day. I am a nurse.

February 20, 2015 11:23 AM

Review by cafekete (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Daytrana (methylphenidate) for ADHD: LOVE the way this medicine work. We could just leave it on a little longer to get through homework time! BUT the irritation was just too much for her skin. She had raised whelps/sores for several weeks after discontinuing the meds.

February 18, 2015 5:21 PM

Review by luke's mom (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Metadate CD (methylphenidate) for ADHD: My son has been on this since 2nd grade. He is now in 5th and is on 60 mg. He has had great success on this medicine. He is more focused, can keep it all together, and as I describe "pretty much all that I can ask for" on the meds. Off meds it's a whole different story. He has no side effects other he is not as hungry during the day.

February 10, 2015 6:37 AM

Review by Lord 3 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Concerta (methylphenidate) for ADHD: I like this medicine since it last 12-14 hours. It helps depression as well and it helps me in college. Without it I wouldn't be doing as well. It helps me stay on task and focus so I can get my work done. There isn't much side effects to this stimulant, maybe insomnia and a suppressed appetite but thats all. I reccommend this medicine for people with ADD, ADHD, and Depression. It really improves the quality of your life. There isn't anything bad about this medicine. I hope it works for anyone who needs it.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 4, 2015 7:02 PM

Review by Bamagirl22 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Ritalin (methylphenidate) for ADHD: I would have to say wow! It helped me focus during school. I used to be an average student, now I have straight A's. and I don't have a problem getting anything done

February 3, 2015 12:48 PM

Review by Kade 2015 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Ritalin LA (methylphenidate) for ADHD: Ritalin excellent medication boost ability to focus (minus out thoughts which bounce off each other at 0-60 second speeds) Quite calming.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 30, 2015 12:42 AM

Review by Geoff Girdlestone (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Ritalin (methylphenidate) for Narcolepsy: Absolutely awesome. I was suffering from Narcolepsy. Now, I am able to do anything that I want. Quiet amazing. I feel that I was always only able to achieve about 25%. Now I am around 100%.

January 26, 2015 11:03 AM

Review by K DOG 1075:

Ritalin (methylphenidate) for Narcolepsy: It work great for me

January 22, 2015 1:53 PM

Review by Lfred03:

For Depression: I have suffered with major depression for some 20 years, and took nearly all other antidepressants out there. Started taking 20mg methylphenidate CR daily plus 10-20mg Ritalin in the afternoon and never felt better. Still can't work, and have a few side affects, but all in all things have improved.

January 8, 2015 12:49 PM

Review by Kate432:

Concerta (methylphenidate) for ADHD: My son is in 4th grade and just started taking Concerta two days ago. So far so good! He is dealing with severe ADHD. He was a very angry child and since he started taking it the teachers have sent notes home saying how well he is doing! School is easier so far which means a happier boy! He hugs me and kisses me and we have had less fights about getting homework done. We are very pleased!

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 6, 2015 10:03 PM

Review by Maxime Lefinch (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Concerta (methylphenidate) for ADHD: Worked for me the first year I took it but then it started to have really bad side effects. I have ADD but I don't have hyperactivity and I was getting socially awkward and having anxiety and even depression. I don't recommend it for someone who's not hyperactive.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 5, 2015 11:39 AM

Review by Bipolarlife269 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For ADHD: It keeps me from wanting to put my head through walls.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 30, 2014 12:51 PM

Review by D3n2n6m0c6v1:

For Depression: This is the first time in over 18 years that I haven't had to change anti-depressants every 3 months, or end up nearly suicidal. Now my downs rare not NEARLY as far down and they only last a day or two now. This should be used for depression more often. I had to convince my dr that I was ADD to get it. But what it does for my depression is worth it. I know others who use it for the same.

December 22, 2014 7:24 PM

Review by Squidles (taken for less than 1 month):

Concerta (methylphenidate) for ADHD: This is a great medicine. The first 2 days I felt ill on it nausea mainly and I find sleeping incredibly difficult but don't mind so much as I don't feel bad for it the next day. It's also making me dream a lot but overall I feel great and have much more of a will power to do everything. I started on 18mg and on Friday I go up to 36mg so see how they go.

December 17, 2014 3:23 PM

Review by hamdi9 (taken for less than 1 month):

Ritalin (methylphenidate) for ADHD: I love this. I've started taking it 3 years ago, it's effective for me. The best thing about this pills it makes me less-hungry, and it help me lose weight!

December 5, 2014 7:54 AM