User Reviews for Methylphenidate

Also known as: Concerta, Daytrana, Metadate CD, Metadate ER, Methylin, Methylin ER, Quillivant XR, Ritalin, Ritalin LA, Ritalin-SR

Learn more about Methylphenidate.

Depression 12 reviews 75 medications

7.6
Fatigue 2 reviews 0 medications

7.3
Obesity 1 reviews 56 medications

Postural Orthostatic...ycardia Syndrome 0 reviews 8 medications Not rated - Be the first
Severe Mood Dysregulation 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Sleep Paralysis 0 reviews 1 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Methylphenidate reviews 375 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Methylphenidate

Review by Late Summer:

Concerta (methylphenidate) for ADHD: Concerta it was the only medication that work for my ADD I am 53 years old. I took a break from it for four years now I am going to start it again because I am not getting anything done during the day. I am a nurse.

February 20, 2015 11:23 AM

Review by cafekete (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Daytrana (methylphenidate) for ADHD: LOVE the way this medicine work. We could just leave it on a little longer to get through homework time! BUT the irritation was just too much for her skin. She had raised whelps/sores for several weeks after discontinuing the meds.

February 18, 2015 5:21 PM

Review by Bamagirl22 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Ritalin (methylphenidate) for ADHD: I would have to say wow! It helped me focus during school. I used to be an average student, now I have straight A's. and I don't have a problem getting anything done

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 3, 2015 12:48 PM

Review by Kade 2015 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Ritalin LA (methylphenidate) for ADHD: Ritalin excellent medication boost ability to focus (minus out thoughts which bounce off each other at 0-60 second speeds) Quite calming.

January 30, 2015 12:42 AM

Review by Geoff Girdlestone (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Ritalin (methylphenidate) for Narcolepsy: Absolutely awesome. I was suffering from Narcolepsy. Now, I am able to do anything that I want. Quiet amazing. I feel that I was always only able to achieve about 25%. Now I am around 100%.

January 26, 2015 11:03 AM

Review by K DOG 1075:

Ritalin (methylphenidate) for Narcolepsy: It work great for me

January 22, 2015 1:53 PM

Review by Lfred03:

For Depression: I have suffered with major depression for some 20 years, and took nearly all other antidepressants out there. Started taking 20mg methylphenidate CR daily plus 10-20mg Ritalin in the afternoon and never felt better. Still can't work, and have a few side affects, but all in all things have improved.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 8, 2015 12:49 PM

Review by Kate432:

Concerta (methylphenidate) for ADHD: My son is in 4th grade and just started taking Concerta two days ago. So far so good! He is dealing with severe ADHD. He was a very angry child and since he started taking it the teachers have sent notes home saying how well he is doing! School is easier so far which means a happier boy! He hugs me and kisses me and we have had less fights about getting homework done. We are very pleased!

January 6, 2015 10:03 PM

Review by Maxime Lefinch (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Concerta (methylphenidate) for ADHD: Worked for me the first year I took it but then it started to have really bad side effects. I have ADD but I don't have hyperactivity and I was getting socially awkward and having anxiety and even depression. I don't recommend it for someone who's not hyperactive.

January 5, 2015 11:39 AM

Review by Bipolarlife269 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For ADHD: It keeps me from wanting to put my head through walls.

December 30, 2014 12:51 PM

Review by D3n2n6m0c6v1:

For Depression: This is the first time in over 18 years that I haven't had to change anti-depressants every 3 months, or end up nearly suicidal. Now my downs rare not NEARLY as far down and they only last a day or two now. This should be used for depression more often. I had to convince my dr that I was ADD to get it. But what it does for my depression is worth it. I know others who use it for the same.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 22, 2014 7:24 PM

Review by Squidles (taken for less than 1 month):

Concerta (methylphenidate) for ADHD: This is a great medicine. The first 2 days I felt ill on it nausea mainly and I find sleeping incredibly difficult but don't mind so much as I don't feel bad for it the next day. It's also making me dream a lot but overall I feel great and have much more of a will power to do everything. I started on 18mg and on Friday I go up to 36mg so see how they go.

December 17, 2014 3:23 PM

Review by hamdi9 (taken for less than 1 month):

Ritalin (methylphenidate) for ADHD: I love this. I've started taking it 3 years ago, it's effective for me. The best thing about this pills it makes me less-hungry, and it help me lose weight!

December 5, 2014 7:54 AM

Daytrana (methylphenidate) for ADHD: I started using the patch when I was about 9 and using it now. I'm 13. I was in the lowest classes and now I'm in the highest class in my grade. I used to have to sit in my room for 4 1/2 hours until I finished my homework. It got so bad sometimes that I didn't even finish my homework because It was getting too late. I couldn't hangout with friends. Now it only takes me about 30 mins to an hour to finish. This patch helps me throughout the day. I only use it on weekdays when I'm at school because I only use it when I have to finish a task. But during school I find my stomach rumbling in classes. I ate breakfast every morning, and tried to eat lunch but I loose my appetite. I find myself sweating during class also from not eating in the day.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 2, 2014 9:28 PM

Review by JustinSimmo (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Concerta (methylphenidate) for ADHD: Amazing medicine. Helped with my recently diagnosed ADHD-PI (ADD). I am on 27mg and have no known side-effects. It has boosted my grades and my work is done quicker. It is the best thing that has happened to me. I haven't registered my ADD as a chronic illness, but know I will get it covered fully if I do.

November 27, 2014 8:44 AM

Review by ADD_Student (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Concerta (methylphenidate) for ADHD: I am on 27mg Concerta. Never felt better. I have better grades because of better concentration. No anxiety or suicidal thoughts. Guess I have too much to keep me alive, that I have never had those thoughts. Only side-effect seems to be slight insomnia, but I would prefer better grades over sleep.

November 27, 2014 8:37 AM

Review by Simmo (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Concerta (methylphenidate) for ADHD: I was put on Ritalin 10mg three times a day, then on Concerta 27mg. I didn't have any side-effects until I went to 36mg and I was only losing my appetite. I went back down and it still is really helping my concentration. I finish my work on time and am able to work to a higher level of work.

November 27, 2014 8:25 AM

Review by David..:

Concerta (methylphenidate) for ADHD: This has been life changing in a positive way, I never thought I had an issue and finally at 29 I mentioned it to my doctor who first prescribed Adderall I believe, I didn't like it. I mentioned it figuring I might as well give up, and then he suggested I try Concerta. Since that point my focus has gone up and I realize I did have an issue all these years! I don't take it Sundays to give my mind a break, only take it if you need it and don't abuse it.

November 18, 2014 11:07 PM

Review by northpole:

Daytrana (methylphenidate) for ADHD: This is my Wonder medicine for my 11 yr old Son. He hates taking the Pill's and they were making him sick so we went to Dr in Aug 2014 & I asked him if we could try the patches he said sure and I Love this Patch. Thank's for making this. And I did not know about putting the patches in the fridge because I do have a hard time peeling them so I'm going to give that a try.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 11, 2014 11:53 PM

Review by Sberi (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Daytrana (methylphenidate) for ADHD: My son has been on this patch for a year. We started at 10mg, and are moving to 15 mg now. It has (by far) been the best ADHD medicine we've tried. We have had pretty minimal skin irritation issues overall. Sometimes the backing of the patch is hard to peel, but 15 seconds in the freezer solves that problem. By far our favorite ADHD medicine.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 11, 2014 11:13 PM

Review by Weebillfromthehill (taken for less than 1 month):

Concerta (methylphenidate) for ADHD: Only side effect is can't sleep and lost 4kg in 1 week

October 31, 2014 10:52 PM

Review by CaraCat (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Concerta (methylphenidate) for ADHD: I was out on a couple of different types of medications for my ADD. When I came across Concerta, it is close to perfect to me. I don't get that feeling like I'm spaced out like Adderral.

October 26, 2014 11:41 PM

Review by AdamC (taken for less than 1 month):

Ritalin (methylphenidate) for ADHD: I have been using Ritalin 10mg for the past 3 weeks now. I am 28 years old and i suspected for a long time now that I have ADHD. Not being able to concentrate or focus, prioritise tasks and having depression (i am not taking medication for this) caused a lot of anxiety for me over the past 4-5 years. Ritalin has helped alot with my studies and kind of calms me. I am pretty quiet when i take it also. Its great for if you need to use it for work or study , but for everyday use I wouldn't like it. - In the first 45mins it gives me a slight euphoric feeling. - Makes me want to do productive activities. - Causes slight headaches if i don't drink plenty of water. I would recommend it. (I have tried adderall in the USA and that was even better)

October 12, 2014 7:03 AM

Metadate CD (methylphenidate) for ADHD: My 9yr old son has been on it Metadate 20mg for over a year now. Only side effect is lost of appetite so I make him eat a big breakfast. He only takes it on the week days for school it has really helped him to focus. My sons grade improved from 60's to 90's. I like Metadate because by the time he's out from school the medication has warn off and he's back to his normal active self. During the summer I also give him a break from the med and we do not have to tapper off in order for him to stop. We've tried other medications that which had not so good side effects. Metadate so far is the best.

October 8, 2014 11:12 AM

Review by eeehhhh (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Concerta (methylphenidate) for ADHD: Intensified anxiety, and taken with Abilify I did not know if I was hungry for a long time. My weight went up and down, and I stayed on the same dose for 9 years. It made no sense. In hindsight, the Abilify was merely treating symptoms caused by side effects of Concerta. I would encourage everyone who has been ignored when they asked mental health professionals for help, to also encourage careful review and make informed decisions about medications. Educate yourself!

October 7, 2014 12:45 PM