User Reviews for Methyldopa

Also known as: Aldomet

Learn more about Methyldopa.

High Blood Pressure 2 reviews 253 medications

Hypertensive Emergency 1 reviews 14 medications

Summary of Methyldopa reviews 3 reviews 5.5

Reviews for Methyldopa

For High Blood Pressure: "I been taking this medicine for a year. It has helped to bring my blood pressure down. "

shamika (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 30, 2013

For Hypertensive Emergency: "I used it for my Benign Intracranial Hypertension. My condition improved, however, three days after initiating therapy I experienced metallic after taste. This reaction made me discontinue the medication."

karkar1966 June 24, 2010

Aldomet (methyldopa) for High Blood Pressure: "I'm sure this medicine has its place in the internist's arsenal BUT UNDER NO CONDITION SHOULD THIS DRUG EVER be prescribed for the elderly. A Board Certified Internist prescribed this medicine (although there are over 100 other alternatives) for my 75-year old mother. Luckily, she is totally competent & in VERY good health. BUT the smallest dose of this medicine did exactly what the manufacturer WARNS ABOUT - dizziness, sleepiness, etc. She wound up falling and the ER doctors who treated her said that if (BY PURE LUCK) I hadn't been walking directly behind her and was strong enough to catch her she would have broken hr femur or hip. This was reported to our State Medical Board and the MD was fully investigated. Within 60 days the license was revoked."

BarbMarch58 September 1, 2009