User Reviews for Methotrexate

Also known as: Folex PFS, Methotrexate LPF Sodium, Otrexup, Rasuvo, Rheumatrex Dose Pack, Trexall

Learn more about Methotrexate.

Reviews for Methotrexate to treat Systemic Sclerosis

Review by sweetestfairy:

My daughter age 10 has this disease. She has been on methotrexate for almost a year. She started out 0.6mg now 10 plus Solu-Medrol infusions to stop or slow the process, suppress it I know it is helping to slow it down cause it is getting a bit worse. She has blood tests done monthly and when they raise her dose her blood gets tested in 2 weeks. We noticed this disease at age 3.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 6, 2012 9:35 AM

Review by FGHFGH:

Taking 20 mg Methotrexate weekly it seems to be slow working but helping heal my skin problem. No side effects at all with folic acid. Hope this helps someone else suffering with scleroderma.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 18, 2010 2:22 PM

Review by Barbieo:

I have systemic scleroderma, which is an autoimmune disorder. This condition is very painful and it also limits to what you can do on a daily basis. I had to quit my job one year ago. Methotrexate in my condition is used to hopefully depress the immune system. My disease is very rare and there are no treatments for the disease. So I am praying that methotrexate will help me. I have a wonderful Rheumatologist group who are very supportive. My system seems to want to shut down, but I am determined not to let this disease get me.

September 1, 2008 7:54 PM