User Reviews for Methotrexate

Also known as: Folex PFS, Methotrexate LPF Sodium, Otrexup, Rasuvo, Rheumatrex Dose Pack, Trexall

Learn more about Methotrexate.

Methotrexate Rating Summary

7.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 34 medications used in the treatment of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Reviews for Methotrexate to treat Psoriatic Arthritis

"Been on mtx for about 18 months. Just went from pills to injections and I'm fairly pleased. The day after doesn't seem as bad. Definitely will never go back to the pills. I get about 75% relief. I'll take that any day!"

Liberty's Noni (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 1, 2016

"Methotrexate has a profound effect on my life. I have been taking it for nearly 5 months and can walk freely again after 6 long months of suffering. I have experienced no major side effects and have even lost a little weight which was surprising. Another pleasing change was not only did my arthritis clear up rapidly but my skin has cleared as well. My nails are also smoother and less pitted. Methotrexate is truly a wonder drug. It has transformed my life. It is remarkable."

Megan NZ (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 26, 2015

"I have been using 20 mg for over a year with few side effects. It didn't take away pain and stiffness 100%, so my doctor included Humira. With both meds I am virtually pain free, stiffness and inflamation gone. Before I began treatment, I couldn't tie my shoes, write a letter, or open a jar. Now all of those activities are effortless."

MoneyMan (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 22, 2013

"I've been on methotrexate for 3 years at 8 tablets (2.5 mgs). For some reason I only have psoriasis on my hands and then only my thumbs and the center of my inside right hand. That has cleared up considerably to where it is no problem. Thank goodness I have not got it anywhere else. I noticed that my knees, which had been painful, stopped hurting entirely after about six months. Before it was quite painful... now I have no pain. I haven't been taking the folic acid like I should."

Karinttt (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 9, 2013

"Been on methotrexate for a few years, started with one pill than nine pills. Now I do injection 25mg weekly for about a year now. I know there is no cure and I am thankful this medicine has made it possible to chase grandson around daily."

Anonymous February 17, 2012