User Reviews for Methocarbamol

Also known as: Carbacot, Robaxin, Robaxin-750, Skelex

Learn more about Methocarbamol.

Methocarbamol review summary

6.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 8 medications used in the treatment of Opiate Withdrawal.

Reviews for Methocarbamol to treat Opiate Withdrawal

Review by RandalaL:

After 7 years of Norco 10/325 I was taking 12-18 a day. Quit cold turkey and started Robaxin 1000 mg with 400 ibuprofen. Absolutely no body aches or restless legs! Mentally yes it's tough but this has been way better then I thought it would be. Imodium helps the diarrhea. I am almost 72 hours clean and physically have been great, even played 18 holes of golf yesterday. Slight headache and no motivation but pushing through it. Methocarbamol is a must for withdrawal!

141 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 18, 2013 2:34 PM

Robaxin (methocarbamol): It's a miracle pill! I would have not been able to break the habit, if it were not for methocarbomal! It really does work! For me the worst part of withdrawal is the pain in the bones (the feeling that your bones want to jump out of your skin). This medication along with Suboxone for me, has almost completely eliminated that pain! I take 2 x 750 or 3 500mg every 6 hours right before I take my Suboxone. Thank you, to whoever has made this pill. NOTE: when I wasn't going through withdrawal the medication had no type of reaction on me.

174 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 27, 2012 5:18 PM

Robaxin (methocarbamol): Helped with cramping from opiate withdrawals for me!

132 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 17, 2012 9:03 AM

Review by carlsonb20:

Robaxin-750 (methocarbamol): I started Robaxin a month ago. I take 1000 mg a day and after my next script I'm cutting to 500mg a day, then quitting all together. I was on Loratb 10's for two years and been clean for almost a 40 days now. I was trying to quit for many many months, but my mind and selfishness just wouldn't allow it. I lost a lot of important things in my life due to opiate addiction for pain, so I recommend you do what I did and just be honest with the people closest to you, ask doctor for help and be honest with him. It is very hard to do and will be very emotional, but it will turn your life around I promise. Go to doctor!

169 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 9, 2012 5:59 PM

Robaxin-750 (methocarbamol): Took 1000 mg for minor withdrawls from heroin use, and it really did the trick. Completely alleviated my muscle pains, and definitely had an effect on the skin crawls as well. I'm really glad I had these.

128 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 3, 2012 6:59 PM

This is day one for me and its working fine. Still get some symptoms but not much. I have been through withdrawal two times before and this is the easiest so far. Now this is just day one.

June 27, 2011 11:55 AM

As an opiate addict for about 10 years with a nasty addiction this drug helped aid in the withdrawal/opiate detox. Needless to say it still wasn't easy. This made those long painful nights just a little more tolerable. It helped with the muscle pains where other opiate substitute medications failed me. Also I didn't feel the need to continue taking these once the opiate addiction was driven down to a tolerable rate. As for the the upset stomach, I just tried to keep healthy foods in my diet and that slowly went away. This medication didn't help in that regard. I had no side effects.

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 7, 2010 8:40 PM

Review by daihav:

Robaxin-750 (methocarbamol): It works really well. I have bad back pains bad and my spasms get really bad. I take them as the doctor told me to and I feel a lot better now.

106 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 16, 2010 9:10 PM

Wasn't fond of opiate based medications and this helped with the withdrawal symptoms. Does some good (7/10) in alleviating tightness of the muscles when taken as prescribed, but the great thing about it is, there is no possibility of dependency.

102 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 20, 2009 2:36 PM