Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Desoxyn

Learn more about Desoxyn.

Obesity 2 reviews 54 medications

ADHD 10 reviews 62 medications

8.8
Summary of Desoxyn reviews 12 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Desoxyn

Review by krbsshguy:

For ADHD: Ask your doctor to prescribe you Desoxyn. It will change your life. I have had ADHD since I was 14. I am now 36 and I have tried almost all of the medications allowed to try for ADHD and found that Desoxyn had the least side effects of any of them. I know they have to list lots of side effects, however Desoxyn helped me concentrate, made me feel like I was ready for whatever the day was going to throw at me. This medication is a lifesaver and a miracle. It had less side effects than the other ADHD medications.

August 16, 2013 2:06 AM

Review by me2buc (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For ADHD: If you have to take a stimulant and you get anxiety, this is the medication to take. It is very smooth and doesn't cause anxiety. There isn't a high and low and you don't really feel this wear off (no ups and downs) the way that Adderall and other medicines cause a low in the evening. This is not any more addicting than any other drug so don't believe that. People that require these types of medication typically don't get addicted to them. People and doctors tend to give medications that can help people.

November 15, 2012 8:19 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For ADHD: I feel like I can breathe! This is the only medicine that resolves my ADD symptoms. I have tried everything else and they just can't compare. Totally makes it so I have the courage to live again, to walk up to people I don't know and talk to them, to feel less depressed, to stand up for myself, and above all to focus on the important things. I wish more doctors were informed of how helpful it really is to people who have adult ADD.

September 12, 2012 4:34 AM

Review by lumenz (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For ADHD: MUCH BETTER than Adderall, Vyvanse, or Dexedrine, or Ritalin. IT is more effective for performing my scores on tests and learning. It is better for the social anxiety component of ADHD. It is neurotoxic so you may not want to stay on it for the entire year, however, IT DOES have medical value at low doses if used by RESPONSIBLE users for several months out of the year. IT IS very effective for controlling treatment resistant depression and appetite problems as well. However, appetite would return to baseline when stopping Desoxyn. I think this medicine should be strictly controlled, but should be available to patients who could truly benefit from it. It has helped me get through a very difficult year, but my doctor took me off it.

June 18, 2012 3:10 AM

For ADHD: Works very good as a stimulant in the treatment. It also helps in calming the brain. Storm of thoughts without the hyperfocus that other stimulants seem to bring on.

December 6, 2011 7:15 PM

For Obesity: For short term treatment of obesity there is no doubt this is hands down the best thing on the market.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 8, 2011 1:52 AM

For Obesity: The best drug out there for weight loss, and it gives you a boost to get things done.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 23, 2009 4:45 PM

Review by Fattyjack:

For ADHD: Desoxyn has opened doors to my life, heart, and mind that I thought would never be able to be opened and be shared with the world. The side effects were little to none and other medicines side effects greatly outweighed the Desoxyn effects.

November 17, 2009 2:12 AM

Review by Rx2009:

For ADHD: I took the tablets after being on all forms of Dexedrine, Ritalin, Adderral, etc. It had no side effects, but was not as big a deal as it is made out to be. Dextroamphetamine spansules (brand SKF) are far more effective and long-lasting for ADHD, which I've dealt with.

October 27, 2009 5:50 AM

Review by Paravis:

For ADHD: After trying Strattera, Vyvanse, Adderall and Dexedrine with side-effects that interfered with my daily life, I was prescribed Desoxyn. A smaller dose of Desoxyn gives a far greater primary effectiveness than any other medicine, and with significantly less side-effects than any other medicine. As far as my ADHD is concerned, this medication is absolutely amazing at helping me out.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 24, 2009 6:19 PM

For ADHD: I would give it a 10 but will err towards conservative and give a 9; only because it has a high abuse potential and humans are inherently prone to some type of addiction. It has pretty much NO side effects if taken as directed for adult add and after 5 years on it, I feel it has stabilized me more than any others. Adderall is second place for me but it is more likely to make me irritable after therapeutic effects wane for the day. I have taken Desoxyn before and fell asleep!

72 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 22, 2008 6:55 PM

Review by Tried them all:

For ADHD: The cadilac of ADD medications! Little to no side effects. Only one that truly helped me.

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 10, 2008 4:00 PM