User Reviews for Methadose

Learn more about Methadose.

Chronic Pain 2 reviews 102 medications

Opiate Withdrawal 17 reviews 11 medications

Pain 11 reviews 913 medications

Summary of Methadose reviews 30 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Methadose

Review by xxvv:

For Opiate Withdrawal: Methadone has once again helped me get clean for almost a year. I detoxed off of it 12 years ago & yes it was tough but possible. Take it nice and slow when detoxing and consider a blind detox so you cant convince yourself your feeling a drop in your dose. If you can afford Suboxone I would suggest that over Methadone for easier detox.

September 25, 2014 10:48 PM

Review by Greg Davis (taken for 10 years or more):

For Opiate Withdrawal: I been on Methadone for 13 years and is only Drug that helped me and Doctors say I will always be on this Medicine , 1 dose of 150mg in morning and I am Great all day and Night !!

September 18, 2014 4:32 PM

Review by DaveyB (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Opiate Withdrawal: I have struggled with addiction my whole life and no matter how I try cannot abstain for long on my own. Methadose had made this a walk in the park. I have my life back. I can be in the moment and experience life (good or bad) as it comes. I consider Methadose a life saver.

September 7, 2014 4:48 PM

Review by jettttjunkie:

For Opiate Withdrawal: I've been on methadone for over 27 years and all I can say is that Methadose saved my life, if not for the clinic I go to I probably wouldn't be writing this opinion right now. This medication has helped me to lead a normal life after 15 years of addiction.

February 26, 2014 6:34 PM

Review by Jamie001:

For Chronic Pain: Methadone helps me tremendously with my chronic back pain, very functional as well.

July 27, 2013 11:51 AM

Review by luvdrug:

For Chronic Pain: I've taken Methadone for 20 months now for chronic pain due to fibromyalgia, neuralgia, back and neck pain and migraines. This has helped me incredibly well. I've been able to function and gain my life back again! The only drawback is some weight gain...not a lot though...about 15 pounds over the time span, which is not a bad trade-off for crippling chronic pain. Although there is a stigma connected to methadone users it's worth it to finally be nearly pain free and be living again!

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 13, 2013 7:31 PM

Review by justme1223 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Opiate Withdrawal: I was a heroin addict for 4 years and I lost everything including my family. Methadone helped me get my family back. If you are struggling with addiction, I highly recommend methadone... it saved my life.

October 13, 2012 8:55 PM

Review by seirra-ann :

For Opiate Withdrawal: Methadone is wonderful for opiate withdrawal and pain management. My doctor had prescribed me Percocets and Oxycontin for a year, for pain. When she cut me off, the withdrawals were too much. She recommend methadone for the pain and withdrawals. I have been on methadone for 1 year 7 months and been clean for one year as May 2012. The benefits include withdrawal and pain management but side effects may include weight gain, but it does subside once you are on a stable dose, eat properly and exercise daily. Good luck to everyone who is on methadone it works!

April 18, 2012 4:53 PM

Review by YoungPAIN:

For Pain: This is the VERY best pain medicine I have tried. I had so many issues finding a doc to help with my pain and they never gave enough to totally control the pain so I was constantly going out finding supplements to add to my scripted pain medicines. Ever since methadone I have needed nothing except some morphine for breakthrough pain.

April 8, 2012 7:17 AM

For Opiate Withdrawal: Only bad side effect ...it takes all the water out of your intestinal tract so when you go to take a dump it's like squeezing out a very hard dry brick! and it is NO JOKE! I highly advise drink lots of water before hand to lower the effects of this.

October 14, 2011 7:03 PM

For Opiate Withdrawal: I was a bad drug addict for many many years until we (husband and I) found methadone. My husband is gone because of lung cancer and was taking it up and until his death but I am still taking it and am very glad to be drug free.

July 15, 2011 11:39 AM

Review by sdalabama:

For Pain: I have had sacral joint and nerve pain since 2000. I started taking Lortab and when those didn't work, oxy's. I finally managed to get off those by taking 5-10 Lortabs a day. I was a slave to the bottle, every hour or two. It was awful. Now I take 1-2 methadones in the morning and I am fine till the next day, about 80% of the time. Occasionally I have to take a 5mg one 1 hr before bed, but all in all it has been a relief.

June 20, 2011 10:53 PM

Review by Tdogg:

For Pain: I have been taking methadone HCL 10 mg tablets for 10 years for chronic pain. I love this medication greatly and yes it's a lifesaver for sure. I had been on everything from Ultram to Oxy 80. I can tell you that this medication blows them all away. I started out on 3 a day for 8 years and in the last 2 years I have been on 4 a day. My pain is managed to about 96%. It seems to take a really long time for immunity to set in. This is the best pain medicine on the market.

June 20, 2011 9:42 PM

Review by tammcf:

For Pain: Methadone is a very good pain reliever. I use it for nerve pain and tinosinovitis and haven't found anything better. Unfortunately, I changed from a doctor to a clinic and my new practitioner lowered my dose by 20 mg per day, which put me back to not using my hands very much.

March 8, 2011 7:24 PM

Review by wasaadict:

For Opiate Withdrawal: I was taking 12 to 20 ROXY 30mg a DAY for 5 or 6 year's. It all started when I was in a car crash and then a motorcycle wreck. I was taking it for my pain to help me and then when I tried to get of the medicines I didn't know that it was going to be this HARD. I thought just ''STOP'' and that's IT but no I was so sick and so on. My friend told me about METHADONE CLINIC and I started to go there and since then I have changed big time and I know what I'm doing and so on Thank's GOD for methadone.

October 25, 2010 1:04 PM

For Opiate Withdrawal: I was addicted to heroin and doctor-shopped for prescription opioids. Been in a clinic for over a year and haven't used a thing. It saved my life.

June 23, 2010 8:18 AM

Review by JOHN LA MAR:

For Pain: After trying percocet and time released morphine for chronic back pain, methadone was the only pain reliever that lasted for any length of time, but now my pain management clinic closed in 4/14/2010 and I'm trying to find a pain clinic(doctor) that is not afraid to prescribe methadone.

May 25, 2010 3:32 PM

For Opiate Withdrawal: I go to a treatment center and get methadone as a tool to help me with my addiction. It keeps me from withdrawing and helps a lot with cravings and urges. I strongly recommend this drug to anyone with an opioid addiction.

March 31, 2010 4:46 PM

Review by dont worry about it:

For Pain: I take methadone tablets at 10 milligrams once 3 times a day for severe chronic leg and nerve pain and it gives me all day relief. It makes you a little drowsy but at night time there is nothing better to help you fall asleep easier. All I have to say is thank goodness for it.. because I've tried it all from Percocets to Oxy's from Lyrica and Opana and this really works.

January 19, 2010 6:47 PM

Review by jusquitfent:

For Opiate Withdrawal: I have to agree it is a good medicine to detox on however your detox from the methadose is gonna be a long hard road. Unless you are planning on staying on it forever you can count on a long hard withdrawal. It does work wonders for pain but when you move away or get cut off it lands you in a situation of finding another doctor to write for it or the dreaded methadone clinics that charge $11 to $15 a day! Wonderful for pain even got me up and mobile.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 15, 2009 7:08 AM

Review by dweezler:

For Opiate Withdrawal: Methadone/Methadose saved my life. I was taking 3-6 Oxycontin a day intravenously. Ever since I went to the clinic and started taking methadone/dose I no longer have cravings, or symptoms of withdrawal. I can finally live again, and not hurt the ones I love.

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 5, 2009 3:36 PM

For Opiate Withdrawal: Methadone is a wonder drug. It got me away from taking 20 Percocet a day. Now I only take 1 methadone every 3 days.

September 17, 2009 9:11 PM

Review by stargate123sg1:

For Pain: Methadone is a life saver! I am a 42 yr old woman who has experienced severe migraines/head bangers since I was 15. My life was miserable. I could not function as a normal person. I could not laugh, stretch, yawn, or anything that made blood rush to my head. The pain only lasted for 3-5 minutes, but made life difficult. I have tried all kinds of medicines, OTC drugs and even Vicodin. About a year ago, I saw a doctor who ask me to try methadone as a preventative regimen. Well, after being on it for awhile, my life changed! I can laugh, scream, yawn, and even stretch without suffering consequences. I will be on methadone as long my doctor says I can't take it anymore! This is one miracle drug!

August 30, 2009 3:12 AM

Review by IndigosogidnI:

For Opiate Withdrawal: While methadone/methadose does do it's job very well, it is not the best medication for withdrawal of opiates. Suboxone is a newer drug that works very well for the suppression of withdrawal symptoms. Suboxone is an agonist and antagonist as well. Not only does it work to suppress withdrawal symptoms of opiate withdrawal, but it also acts as a deterrent from using any opiates because it is a blocker. It is a sublingual pill that is absorbed under the tongue and you should not eat or drink anything for 20 minutes before or after as it will decrease the drugs potency.

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 26, 2009 11:00 AM

Review by myqueendom:

For Pain: I have used several types of pains medications before and never had the actual 10 to 12 hour relief that they promised as I have found with Methadose/Methadone. Long lasting relief and completely affordable for anyone paying cash for their prescriptions.

July 1, 2009 8:32 AM