User Reviews for Methadone (Page 9)

Also known as: Dolophine, Methadone Diskets, Methadose, Methadose Sugar-Free

Learn more about Methadone.

Opiate Withdrawal 154 reviews 11 medications

8.9
Chronic Pain 83 reviews 111 medications

8.8
Pain 151 reviews 1070 medications

8.5
Summary of Methadone reviews 388 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Methadone

For Pain: "This is the best pain medication."

lilcityboy1986 September 28, 2011

For Pain: "Methadone has changed my life. I have tried every pain pill around and this is the most effective."

lilmomma32 September 22, 2011

For Pain: "Methadone was wonderful to relieve pain after my laminectomy. Then its effectiveness decreased rapidly and I do not want to increase the dose because in a few months I will have to increase it again. Beside its great decrease in effectiveness, constipation has been awful resulting in a small umbilical hernia from straining. Heating pad has been the best."

Anonymous September 5, 2011

For Pain: "I was Started on Vicodin, 6x a day, in 2003 for a traumatic lower spinal injury, that never healed properly. Over the next 4 years I ended up taking 2-3 Norco 6x a day, and that wasn't cutting it. I started suffering from Radiculopathy which is debilitating, and ended up seeing my Pain Management Specialist once a week, getting 120 Norco, and 30 100mg MS Contin's, each visit, and having to go twice a week because the medicines weren't helping, for injections of Dilaudid 12mg IM.. After another 3 years passed, and my My Doctor began to worry about my Acetaminophen intake, He decided to put me on Methadone, 25mg 3x a day, and it saved me. I have breakthrough pain, but Norco helps to where I am Pain free 90% of the time!"

SavedByMethadone September 4, 2011

For Pain: "I am amazed at the effectiveness of methadone. I've spent the last three years in serious back pain due to a bad disc which ultimately led to back surgery. We tried everything under the sun. I can't believe how good I feel....no ups and downs, no weird "highs" (which I hated the most about pain medicines) and no more feeling like I'm losing my mind. I've never felt so strongly about posting a review before. I am ever grateful to the creators of this pain medicine."

Anonymous September 2, 2011

For Pain: "I have severe pain in my back and neck due to inverted and degenerative discs. I am prescribed methadone for pain and Lortab for breakthrough pain. This has proved to be an awesome combination for me. Not everyone is the same so you may be different but if you are interested in serious pain relief ask your doctor. "

Anonymous August 30, 2011

For Pain: "My doctor prescribed Methadone for my Fibromyalgia pain. I took 2 tabs about 90 mins apart. Did not sleep a wink all night. I will discontinue taking this medicine. "

Anonymous August 19, 2011

Dolophine (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: "I've been on methadone maintenance now for nearly three years. It truly saved my life. I am now back to being a productive member of society and believe it to be a gift. I have absolutely no desire to use opiates any longer."

Anonymous August 8, 2011

For : "Me and my wife were hooked on pain killers for over 8 years. I always heard bad things about methadone. We started the program a month ago. She has no back pain and we are not chasing pills all day spending our rent money. I think methadone is a miracle. It worked for us and I would say don't wait. It's not for everyone but it was for us."

E AND C August 5, 2011

For Opiate Withdrawal: "If it werent for the methadone clinic I would still be out on the streets chasing my habit every day and night. The clinic definitely saved me, i"m 19. I was addicted to oxycontin for 7 years. I have now been clean for 2 years and I am doing great. I would highly recommend it."

P WEEZY August 2, 2011

For Pain: "Have been taking it for 6 years (120 milligrams) no side effects."

nooutlet44 August 2, 2011

For Pain: "I have been on Methadone for almost a year now since coming off Oxycodone. It stopped working and the dose could not be raised without hurting my liver because of all the Tylenol in it. I love this medicine and how it is long acting so there are no waiting periods for the pain to subside. I have Chronic pain from Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. My doctor mentioned Methadone I was a bit miffed as it is usually for Heroin addicts. He said it could be taken long term with the least damage to my body which is good because there is no current cure for my illnesses. I don't like the constipation but other then that it does an excellent job and no more jitters and waiting."

Larrk July 24, 2011

Methadose (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: "I was a bad drug addict for many many years until we (husband and I) found methadone. My husband is gone because of lung cancer and was taking it up and until his death but I am still taking it and am very glad to be drug free. "

Anonymous July 15, 2011

For Opiate Withdrawal: "This is the most helpful website on the internet for me. It is also has the best pill identifier on the web. Thank you so much drugs.com."

Smokes July 10, 2011

For Opiate Withdrawal: "If I was not prescribed methadone for my withdrawals/addiction I would have never been able to be clean. And I believe without a shadow of a doubt that I would be dead if not for this treatment. "

clean3years June 30, 2011

Methadose (methadone) for Pain: "I have had sacral joint and nerve pain since 2000. I started taking Lortab and when those didn't work, oxy's. I finally managed to get off those by taking 5-10 Lortabs a day. I was a slave to the bottle, every hour or two. It was awful. Now I take 1-2 methadones in the morning and I am fine till the next day, about 80% of the time. Occasionally I have to take a 5mg one 1 hr before bed, but all in all it has been a relief."

sdalabama June 20, 2011

Methadose (methadone) for Pain: "I have been taking methadone HCL 10 mg tablets for 10 years for chronic pain. I love this medication greatly and yes it's a lifesaver for sure. I had been on everything from Ultram to Oxy 80. I can tell you that this medication blows them all away. I started out on 3 a day for 8 years and in the last 2 years I have been on 4 a day. My pain is managed to about 96%. It seems to take a really long time for immunity to set in. This is the best pain medicine on the market. "

Tdogg June 20, 2011

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I had been struggling with opiate addiction for 2 years when I finally decided I had to give in and take methadone. I was set against it at first due to things said about it being harder to get off. I did succeed in quitting opiates cold turkey 2 times and I ended up going back cause I was stupid. I like any addict began to tell myself that I could still do it every once and a while and enjoy that sweet rush we all know and love. Well I was wrong. "

Anonymous June 17, 2011

For Pain: "I have been using it for 6 months and the side effects are awful. The pain is getting worse not better. "

Anonymous June 2, 2011

For Pain: "10 yrs ago I injured my back. I have had 4 back fusions. I have been on every narcotic and opiate at their highest possible dose. This is because I have an extremely efficient liver (doctors are baffles). One year ago I was at my wits end I went to a new pain management doctor. He asked if I ever tried methadone, NOPE, no one ever suggested it. Well he prescribed it and I am currently on 120mg a day, and it has saved my life. Two problems weight gain, excessive sweating. Anyone else with these problems. "

BRRMARS April 14, 2011

For Pain: "After a career in the mining industry (Cual underground and sand surface mines) I have 4 herniated lumbar discs, curvature of the spine, fused at c5 to c6 and spondylosis. I was taking 120 mg of Vicodin per day. This was slowly destroying my liver. My doctors switched me to methadone. I have better more fruitful days because I can once again hold a train of thought and keep on course all day long at work. Being virtually pain free without feeling awkward and having poor coordination has let me lose weight, look better and feel better. It has helped my relations with my wife and we almost never argue now. I just find that I can cope better with life and problems instead of going home and hiding out until I felt better."

MOONDOGGY April 5, 2011

For Pain: "I am a former U.S. Army Ranger and in so am relatively used to pain. In 2002 I received a severe back trauma that left me in bed and broken willed. I was prescribed a moderately large pharmacy as the standard V.A. treatment plan. After three years of dealing with taking enough pills a day I started to review my life. I believe this was depression or rather self pity. So I came up with an idea, what would I be on if I was in the civilian sector being treated. After a lot of research my doctor and I came to methadone. Since starting I have been able to re-write my life. I am out rock climbing, biking, kayaking and so on. I don't even want bed to sleep. Thank you methadone you gave me my life back."

may west March 31, 2011

Methadose (methadone) for Pain: "Methadone is a very good pain reliever. I use it for nerve pain and tinosinovitis and haven't found anything better. Unfortunately, I changed from a doctor to a clinic and my new practitioner lowered my dose by 20 mg per day, which put me back to not using my hands very much. "

tammcf March 8, 2011

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I have been addicted o opiates for 8 years, so bad that towards the end I was doctor shopping. The fear of getting caught led me to research methadone treatment. I've been going to the clinic for almost 2 years and I'm so proud to say I've been clean this long. I haven't had cravings for opiates, nor have I thought about relapsing. I am finally able to take care of my son, take care of my responsibilities, and live my life. I can honestly say, it saved my life. My family was against it at first, until they saw the major change in me. Now, they are more supportive and they agree with my decision. Without methadone, I KNOW I'd be dead from an overdose or in jail."

FLSingleMom March 5, 2011

For Pain: "I take 25mg 5 times a day for chronic pain caused by degenerative joint disease in my knees, hips, ankles, and lower back. I feel I got slightly better relief from Oxycontin but I really didn't like the loopy feeling and the extreme cravings I had, my sister who works in a Vets Hospital pharmacy said I should try Methadone and that was the smartest thing I have ever done. Methadone controls my pain very well and then I have Endocet 10/325 for breakthrough pain as needed. The best thing is no cravings. I won't say that there are no withdrawal feelings when I don't have my Methadone for a couple of days but nowhere near what I had with the Oxycontin. Overall I will say that methadone is a wonderful pain medicine and anyone with chronic pain should give it a go."

Anonymous March 5, 2011