User Reviews for Methadone

Also known as: Dolophine, Methadone Diskets, Methadose, Methadose Sugar-Free

Learn more about Methadone.

Opiate Withdrawal 127 reviews 11 medications

Chronic Pain 54 reviews 106 medications

8.8
Pain 145 reviews 906 medications

8.4
Summary of Methadone reviews 326 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Methadone

For Pain: "This medication has not helped my pain level in any way but has kept me up at night and given me an upset stomach."

Krisy1954 December 10, 2009

For Pain: "I have Lupus, RA two other types of arthritis, nerve pain, back problems and many other health problems. I'm only 30. I tried many pain medicines, Dilaudid is the only thing that I can take without horrible side effects and poor quality of life. There is no 12hr form of Dilaudid, ones being made but not yet released. Pain Dr wanted me to try a 12hr pain medicine tried Opana within 20 minutes I felt horrible and it lasted hours. Next try was Methadone. Just took my first(and LAST!)dose 11hrs ago at the 4th hour severe horrible side effects of this drug hit me. Chest pain dizziness, nausea, slow heart rate, hallucinations nervous/figidity. I'm still very ill from it! I take very low dose Xanax for tremor possible interaction but not a good drug for pain for some!"

Anonymous December 4, 2009

For Opiate Withdrawal: "Methadone is the reason I am alive right now, living a manageable life."

Anonymous December 1, 2009

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I am in a methadone treatment program. I have been going for about 2 years now and it has helped me tremendously. I would recommend to anyone trying to get off opiates and wanting out-patient service."

ppizzi November 21, 2009

For : "I have been on methadone a long time and it does save lives, but also highly addictive. Bad for teeth, if you are going to go on methadone."

kev c November 18, 2009

For Pain: "Methadone/Methadose has been a life saver for me, also. It's affordable for us that have no health insurance of any kind. It does allow me to work, part time again. I can do what I need to around the house again. It's not all-inclusive in taking away pain, but does work pretty good especially for the chronic pain I have and apparently will have for the rest of my life, as no Ortho MD considers me a candidate for the surgery I need to repair my shoulder/rotator cuff (a "reverse total shoulder repair") since I have osteopenia; even though I am on Fosamax to stop its progression. "

redhotzzRN November 10, 2009

Methadose (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: "Methadone/Methadose saved my life. I was taking 3-6 Oxycontin a day intravenously. Ever since I went to the clinic and started taking methadone/dose I no longer have cravings, or symptoms of withdrawal. I can finally live again, and not hurt the ones I love."

dweezler November 5, 2009

For Opiate Withdrawal: "Methadone has saved my life."

dweezler November 5, 2009

For Pain: "It's the first medicine that really helped my Fibromyalgia. Very happy it - it's nice to have the pain go away. For me, it was much more effective than Norco or Lyrica."

jk13 October 31, 2009

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I was addicted to pain killers for four years. I got on Methadone, although it helped I ended up starting using cocaine. I was on Methadone for 7 years. I went from 80mgs. down to 1mg. I thought my withdrawals would be slight, but they were really bad. I relapsed about a week after getting off methadone. I now am on Suboxone and have no cravings for any drug. I am in the processes of weening off. I definitely recommend Suboxone over methadone for someone who is trying to decide what route to take."

Amyb412 October 20, 2009

For Pain: "This is the only medicine I've found that helps the pain inside of my bones. Doesn't do much for muscles and such, but it is the ONLY thing that relieves the (I guess you'd call) arthritis."

FINALLY GRANDMA October 15, 2009

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I am 22, and began MMT(Methadone Maintenance Treatment) when I was 19. 3 years and 4 months later I have to say that methadone maintenance has drastically helped to change my life around for the better. The only problem is that every year I start experiencing withdrawal symptoms, and despite the fact that the nurses/doctor/staff will tell you that you don't grow a tolerance: I did~ and I am living proof. My serum levels were higher when I began and decreased as time went on. I was first stabilized on 60 mg, then went up to 70 mg, then to 80mg, and now I'm on 115 mg and the withdrawals are back. The physician/nurses and staff won't listen to me, and because of this I relapsed just yesterday. I am scared now, but my dose just isn't holding me"

smartchick October 5, 2009

For Pain: "This drug has changed my life. I never thought I could get my life back but Methadone allowed me too. I can do everyday activities that I wasn't able to do before. I am able to focus on everything around me now instead of the pain. I have not had any bad side effects. The only thing that I noticed was when my dose is increased for the first 2 days I am a little sleepier at the end of the day but after those 2 days I'm back to normal. It's so good to be able to say that now, I'm normal. This has been my miracle drug, the people who say bad things about this are the people that don't know anything about the drug."

juju97 October 2, 2009

For Pain: "I take methadone for severe back pain and before that I was taking Oxycontin which when I ran low due to insurance making you wait too the very last day, where I come from. I would start feeling sick like I had the flu, but with methadone that does not happen."

taz4666 October 1, 2009

For Pain: "I have many injuries sustained while in the Military. One of the medicines I use for pain is Methadone. It does a great job when taking with the other medicines prescribed. However; at night I itch all over. This happens sometimes in the day when taken too close to last dose."

U.S.VET September 28, 2009

For Pain: "Methadone helps with my chronic back pain, but if I don't take my dose I start to feel really, really bad."

chargergrl September 19, 2009

Methadose (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: "Methadone is a wonder drug. It got me away from taking 20 Percocet a day. Now I only take 1 methadone every 3 days."

Anonymous September 17, 2009

For Opiate Withdrawal: "Methadone is a great drug for opiate replacement and detox, but watch for side effects. I've been on it for 3 and a half years and have recently developed prolonged QT syndrome a fairly dangerous arrhythmia as a result of an increased dosage, because of this I have had to lower my dosage drastically and was very sick for 2 weeks."

Anonymous September 17, 2009

For Pain: "I found this medicine very, very helpful. I was on Hydrocodone for years and it never took the pain away...not even a little... But thanks to my doctor I'm on something that actually works."

8o8o8o8o September 14, 2009

For Pain: "I live in a small town in middle Georgia. Last year my doctor put me on Methadone 10mg twice a day, to take along with Lortab 10/650. After 9 years of pure agony from a car accident I am back to work, just got re-married and actually live a normal life again with a very tolerable pain level. I number one thank God for my doctor who prescribed it and to the person who discovered this miracle drug. I don't care what other people think about what I am taking. They are not the ones that were in agony 24/7. Thanks to METHADONE I now live everyday with optimism and vigor."

Pizza Man September 13, 2009

For Opiate Withdrawal: "It is very help"

PO September 2, 2009

Methadose (methadone) for Pain: "Methadone is a life saver! I am a 42 yr old woman who has experienced severe migraines/head bangers since I was 15. My life was miserable. I could not function as a normal person. I could not laugh, stretch, yawn, or anything that made blood rush to my head. The pain only lasted for 3-5 minutes, but made life difficult. I have tried all kinds of medicines, OTC drugs and even Vicodin. About a year ago, I saw a doctor who ask me to try methadone as a preventative regimen. Well, after being on it for awhile, my life changed! I can laugh, scream, yawn, and even stretch without suffering consequences. I will be on methadone as long my doctor says I can't take it anymore! This is one miracle drug!"

stargate123sg1 August 30, 2009

For Opiate Withdrawal: "Me and my husband have been addicted to pain killers for 8 years, because of teeth pain. Then we found the methadone clinic! AWESOME! No more cravings! No more withdrawals! NOTHING, except living life as we should have been doing a long time ago. We recommend methadone to anybody who is an opioid addicted. Now our children have BOTH parents back. "

hawkergirl25 August 30, 2009

For Pain: "I have had chronic pain all over for seven years. I have taken all kinds of different pain medicines from herbal remedies to narcotics because of all the when my pain doctor put me on methadone, I burst into tears. Little did I know that I would get the best pain relief I've gotten in years."

shellyg August 29, 2009

For Pain: "My pain was so severe I was literally going insane and no matter how often I expressed to my pain management doctor that the lortab he was prescribing was ineffective he would not listen. If I hadn't found a Methadone clinic for help I really do not believe I would be alive today. My quality of life has improved so much and I am beyond Thankful."

Anonymous August 22, 2009