User Reviews for Methadone

Also known as: Dolophine, Methadone Diskets, Methadose, Methadose Sugar-Free

Learn more about Methadone.

Chronic Pain 27 reviews 102 medications

8.4
Summary of Methadone reviews 269 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Methadone

Review by leo59:

Dolophine (methadone) for Pain: I have been on methadone for 5 years with no side effects and excellent pain relief. I take 30mgs 4 times a day

March 9, 2009 12:55 PM
Review by kris12: User Rating:

Methadone Diskets (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: Excellent for opiate withdrawals.

March 8, 2009 12:55 PM
Review by less pain: User Rating:

methadone for Pain: I was on roxicodone30 270 and lortab10 200 for severe low back and neck pain. I asked my doctor to take me off the lortabs and give me methadone for the breakthrough pain. I now take roxicodone and methadone for the breakthrough pain and am almost pain free.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 8, 2009 12:47 AM
Review by 1badz71: User Rating:

methadone for Pain: Had surgery on my head 6 times. Methadone is the only medicine that keeps my life together. I can function like a normal person, not all drugged up. The bad thing - other peoples inability to research the medicine and learn that it's not just for junkies! Gives us with real pain that " methadone, he must have been doing heroin". I would love to go in front of congress and tell them that methadone is probably the safest, least side effect medication I have ever taken. You need to get with your doctor and ask him to let you try methadone. The doctor would probably feel a lot better giving you a script for just methadone rather one for 'Oxys'.

March 3, 2009 3:41 AM
Review by ConstantButterfly: User Rating:

methadone for Pain: I started taking methadone for back pain last month. I had been taking morphine for the 10 months prior and after dwindling funds and no insurance decided to go through the withdrawls from the morphine on my own. After about 2 weeks of HELL and the pain I went back to my doctor. She decided that methadone was a better less expensive alternative. SHE WAS WRONG. Methadone has placed me extremely on edge and the pain in my back is barely touched. I would not recommend this medicine for pain.

February 24, 2009 11:26 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

methadone for Pain: Happy with this medicine.

February 21, 2009 11:20 PM
Review by Multiple Sclerosis Pain: User Rating:

Methadose (methadone) for Pain: I have found the use of this medication actually life saving. Methadose (Methadone) has greatly improved my quality of life. The single factor that I dislike about this medication is all the very negative perception that people have of those who use Methadose. It seems that everyone thinks that I am a recovering junky.

106 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 20, 2009 8:48 AM
Review by fu: User Rating:

methadone for Pain: Had dizziness, vomiting, shortness of breath, fatigue. Side effects lasting for more then 7 days after first and only use.

February 19, 2009 12:17 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

methadone for Opiate Withdrawal: Methadone has saved my life. Got me back to work in a prosperous full time job, allowed me to move in to my own place again, and regain my self esteem feeling like a contributing member of society.

February 14, 2009 4:43 PM
Review by mikeS39: User Rating:

methadone for Opiate Withdrawal: I have been on methadone for opiate addiction for nine years. For the most part it has been a positive experience. However I have had some stomache problems associated with methadone. But overall it has saved my life.

February 11, 2009 4:22 AM
Review by carrietony35: User Rating:

Dolophine (methadone) for Pain: I have been on this medicine for 3 years for pain relief for many problems. I take 10mg 3 times a day and I would suggest nothing else. I have been on other narcotics that have done nothing for me and got me all jazzed. This medicine does nothing like that. Methadone keeps you level headed and does not have any side effects.

72 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 9, 2009 7:15 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

methadone for Pain: Awesome for back pain. I have scoliosis and this is the only pain reliever that's worked and keeps me comfortable enough so I can work. It doesn't make you tired like all the others and lasts a lot longer. Kudos to methadone!

February 7, 2009 1:34 PM
Review by prknz: User Rating:

methadone for Pain: I have been dealing with nerve pain left over from shingles about 3 years ago. The rash left but the pain did not. I tried several different narcotic medications from a pain clinic but I had to keep going to the ER for breakthrough pain. I got tired of this game and and got hooked on narcotics: dilaudid and fentanyl patches to name a few. Then I was introduced to an aquaintence who was recieving methadone from a treatment center. I left the pain center (I was not happy with my treatment there) and started methadone and my life has changed 100 percent. I like this medication because it takes care of the debilitating nerve pain and doesn't make me feel fuzzy and out of it as the other medications did. I am a mother and I can't be out of it.

February 6, 2009 6:18 PM
Review by dazzdave: User Rating:

methadone for Pain: I take methadone and parafon forte for severe spinal and nerve pain in legs and feet. I tried oxy and all the other pain medicines. This combo is the only one that totally eliminates the pain. I tried to get off the methadone and go back to percocet and the pain returned and the withdrawals were horrible. I will be a methadone man for life.

February 4, 2009 12:37 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

methadone for Pain: It was good for relief but I had an allergic reaction. It made my chest hurt. But if you don't have a reaction, it is good for long term pain relief and is much cheaper than most narcotic drugs.

February 1, 2009 2:39 PM
Review by dantanna: User Rating:

methadone for Opiate Withdrawal: Great for long-term dosing times. No euphoric effects after approximately 5 to 10 days. Has had roughly 50 years of testing and the "do and don'ts" are well known.

January 21, 2009 10:51 PM
Review by TSJ: User Rating:

methadone for Opiate Withdrawal: I have recieving Methadone in a treatment facility for the better part of a year. At first I was skeptical but after the first few weeks of treatment I started to notice a huge change in my "Mind set" (if you will). I had absolutely NO desire to take other pain killers, 1.e. Loratab, Vicodin and Percocet. Methadone has given me a whole new lease on life. It's given me the ability to do whatever I want from day to day without having the cravings for Opiates. I know some people are completely against using Methadone to treat Drug addiction but the problem with these people are that they have not gathered enough information about Opiate addiction and about Methadone itself. Methadone has literally saved my marriage and most of all my life.

January 21, 2009 6:52 AM
Review by hood67: User Rating:

I think this drug is a miracle drug. There are so many good things that has been found about it. They are still finding things out about the positive effects of using it for opiate withdrawal. It has helped hopeless drug addicts that were headed for nothing but institutions and death. They now have good jobs, are driving new cars and living life.

January 17, 2009 3:28 AM
Review by Lori Tab (wife/mother):

methadone for Opiate Withdrawal: As so many people do, I started taking lortabs because I hurt my back at work. My job was passing medicines at a nursing home. When I started taking pills off the medicine cart, I knew I had problem. I got fired because of it and even that didn't make me quit. I struggled with my addiction for 7 years before I payed a visit to the methadone clinic. I was just about to loose my girls and my husband. I have been on methadone for 3 years. If I hadn't gone, I would be single and childless. I honestly think I would be dead if not for methadone. Thank you to the person who found it.

January 16, 2009 3:57 AM
Review by phutch: User Rating:

methadone for Pain: I have used many pain medications and none worked as well as Methadone. I have never been "high" on this medicine and am able to have a productive life. I am on 10mg 4 times a day.

January 9, 2009 2:26 PM
Review by newby1961: User Rating:

methadone for Opiate Withdrawal: I am a firefighter/emt. I hurt my back on the job 8 years ago and became an addict. I never did drugs as a kid or an adult. That blue pill had me spending every dime I had because if not, I could not work or have a normal life. So many years in pain and addicted then I got methadone. Methadone saved my life and job, which helps me save lives.

205 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 7, 2009 5:35 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

methadone for Pain: I use methadone with Neurontin and it does wonders for my back pain and nerve damage.

December 29, 2008 9:56 PM
Review by Shea789: User Rating:

methadone for Opiate Withdrawal: My drug of choice was heroin, and lots of it. There is no doubt that without methadone I would not be alive today, and for this I am very thankful. Unfortunately though, like many others I am finding it very difficult to get off methadone, it seems to be a stronger physical addiction than heroin. However, as methadone enables former opiate addicts to live a "normal" life while treating/battling their addiction I feel methadone is immensely valuable.

December 15, 2008 1:43 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

methadone for Opiate Withdrawal: I believe it saved me and my baby. I've been clean for 2 years from heroin but trying to come off of this is harder than I ever imagined.

November 21, 2008 2:22 PM
Review by chemicalst: User Rating:

methadone for Pain: I have been on everything in the last 4 years for feet problems. I was up to being able to chew up 2 x 80mg of oxy at 1 time with little pain relief so I got the doctor to switch me to methadone and it works well. Still have some break through pain but can deal with it.

November 12, 2008 5:28 PM