User Reviews for Methadone (Page 9)

Also known as: Dolophine, Methadone Diskets, Methadose, Methadose Sugar-Free

Learn more about Methadone.

Opiate Withdrawal 144 reviews 11 medications

Chronic Pain 72 reviews 108 medications

8.9
Pain 148 reviews 1059 medications

8.5
Summary of Methadone reviews 364 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Methadone

For Pain: "I take 25mg 5 times a day for chronic pain caused by degenerative joint disease in my knees, hips, ankles, and lower back. I feel I got slightly better relief from Oxycontin but I really didn't like the loopy feeling and the extreme cravings I had, my sister who works in a Vets Hospital pharmacy said I should try Methadone and that was the smartest thing I have ever done. Methadone controls my pain very well and then I have Endocet 10/325 for breakthrough pain as needed. The best thing is no cravings. I won't say that there are no withdrawal feelings when I don't have my Methadone for a couple of days but nowhere near what I had with the Oxycontin. Overall I will say that methadone is a wonderful pain medicine and anyone with chronic pain should give it a go."

Anonymous March 5, 2011

For : "The number and amount of change seen in problems I've long had...problems with pain management, with law-enforcement, and the overall stigmatization and social marginalization due my prior need to self-medicate due the widespread practice of prescribing inadequate levels of analgesic medications.....is positively phenomenal. The hugely increased period of effectiveness reduces the need for more, with 1 (or 2 re: split dose of first) replacing the 4 or 5 needed with morphine (if I could get it) or heroin (if I couldn't). This single quality makes it possible to function at work and within society. MMTs legal status has made the disdain of law-enforcement one naturally acquires living under prohibition laws less of a problem than it was."

Mycos123 February 26, 2011

Methadone Diskets (methadone) for Pain: "I have Lupus and Sciatica and have tried every pain medicine that is available. Methadone has changed my life. I am able to do way more than lay in the bed all day in pain. I am not pain free, but it is tolerable for once and that is a huge blessing!"

Anonymous February 26, 2011

For Pain: "I have been on most pain medications out there and seen more doctors since 2006. In 2007 my pain went from head to toes, I have been misdiagnosed and had more then my share of treatments and by then it was so painful to move I was planning to commit suicide when I had to start using a wheelchair due to my pain. Last week, my 3rd month into going to our local Pain Care clinic the doctor started me on 10mg of Methadone. I am up and walking, driving and living my life after all those years with my hub and family! My pain index went from a daily 10 down to a 3! The methadone works smoothly, no real side effects except I am up till late at night but that's because I am doing so many activities I stopped doing. Try it."

Ahvamaria February 25, 2011

For Pain: "It takes my pain away."

Anonymous February 1, 2011

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I was addicted to pain pills (any kind that I could get high off of) for a few years. I finally took the huge step of getting on methadone. It was the best thing I could have done. Methadone saved my life - if not for methadone I would have probably overdosed and might even be dead right now. Methadone gave my parents back there daughter. Its not for everyone though so if you are not serious about getting clean don't waste the clinics time because it could be spent helping people who really do want to change there life."

Anonymous December 25, 2010

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I was a heroin addict for 3 horrible years and recently joined a methadone clinic. This was the best decision that I have ever made. I have been there for 3 months now and it saved my life. I started on 30mgs of methadone and I am on 95mgs now and feel wonderful like a new person. This is the best step that I have made in the past 3 years. If I can do this anyone with a drug problem can do it. I wish everyone out there like me the best of luck. "

eatmyaura December 17, 2010

For Pain: "I started taking 20 mgs 2 X daily for chronic back pain associated with degenerative disc disease and bulging disc disease and it has worked wonders for my pain. It has even taken away my anxiety and depression disorder. I would definitely recommend it to someone who really needs it."

SFSKW December 13, 2010

Methadose (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: "I was taking 12 to 20 ROXY 30mg a DAY for 5 or 6 year's. It all started when I was in a car crash and then a motorcycle wreck. I was taking it for my pain to help me and then when I tried to get of the medicines I didn't know that it was going to be this HARD. I thought just ''STOP'' and that's IT but no I was so sick and so on. My friend told me about METHADONE CLINIC and I started to go there and since then I have changed big time and I know what I'm doing and so on Thank's GOD for methadone."

wasaadict October 25, 2010

For Pain: "After being on high doses of morphine and oxycodone and not having satisfactory pain relief, plus getting uncomfortable as the medicines would start to wear off, I was switched to a pain clinic where the doctor prescribed methadone. I am now taking 25 mg 3 times a day. It works very well for my severe chronic thoracic back pain (from an accident 30 years ago). It provides better pain relief than the morphine and oxycodone (for me at least) and it is very smooth with not much up and downs like I had with the prior opiates. So there is almost no anxiety or craving in the final hour before the time for the next dose arrives and the pain relief is good for almost the full 8 hours between doses. Side effects are relatively minimal."

mongatu October 20, 2010

For Pain: "I'm on 2 tablets every 8 hours and it helps a lot but more than anything is that it is affordable without insurance."

Anonymous October 15, 2010

For Pain: "I have several painful conditions. After 2 years of trial and agony I found Methadone! It is my life saver! I have a normal life and can do a lot of things I didn't think I would ever be able to do. I take 20mg 4 x a day. It is safe if used right! I could not be who and what I am without it. It is very worth trying for pain. "

Lady Silver October 5, 2010

For Opiate Withdrawal: "Methadone works great to stop withdrawal from all sorts of opiates, but its is also very hard on the body. Everyone that I have spoken to that attends the same clinic as I do has said that they all have experienced the same side effects, excessive weight gain. (I've gained 100lbs plus without much change in diet), excessive sweating, sugar cravings, NO sex drive. Started out fine and just went away, some depression you have to work to keep yourself busy and motivated. If your dose is not right it is almost impossible to stay awake and alert which makes driving dangerous and Methadone is also addictive and you have to be weened off from it to. "

methadone user September 28, 2010

Dolophine (methadone) for Pain: "Methadone is my lifesaver. I have had back pain associated with nerve damage. Degenerative disc disease, herniated discs, bursitis and some other minor/major problems here and there. I was taking ten to twelve Percocets a day. I heard about clinics that give doses of methadone daily. I went and now I'm happy to get my methadone daily. I take nothing else and couldn't be happier. Methadone works the best for pain and its long-acting and I take it for opiate addiction as well. I'm on 50 mg and it just works great."

SmurfyKeck45 September 26, 2010

For Pain: "I have always been very sensitive to medications and found after surgeries that the only one tolerated was Dilaudid. Years of back pain, fibromyalgia and migraines were treated with ibuprofen and acetaminophen. I found I had cancer and the Dilaudid stopped working as soon as it started working, so my doctor suggested I try methadone. I was surprised because I thought that was for heroin addicts. I had no idea it was a pain reliever. Now I can go 7 hours between doses and I don't feel nausea or high from it. I now realize that people who use illegal drugs to relieve chronic pain should reconsider how methadone could save their lives."

Anonymous September 9, 2010

For Pain: "I have peripheral neuropathy and painful problems with my spine. I've tried many different combinations of medicines. Nothing has helped as much as the current combination of 900mg 3 times a day of Neurontin and 60mg a day of methadone. I don't feel high and it's helped my quality of life. I live alone and can now do things for myself."

davenorman August 31, 2010

For Pain: "I have had RSD (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy) now for 8 years. After being diagnosed with RSD, I was given Methadone. It gave me my life back without making me feel 'buzzed'. I also haven't had to increase my dosage over the years. You don't develop tolerances with this like you would with the other narcotics. For those who need it - it does the job."

CBereza88 August 25, 2010

For Pain: "It has a remarkable ability to decrease chronic pain and or withdrawal symptoms"

Anonymous July 11, 2010

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I have been in treatment for about 6 months and it has been a live saving change in my life. Just like with anything in life, you will get what you put in and the "Methadone Clinic" is the same way! If you really want to be clean and sober than the clinic will be a great tool in your recovery. It's more than just taking medication, you have got to follow the steps that your counselor wants you to. Pay attention to what they have to say because they do this for a living and they know what they are talking about. "IF THERES A WILL THERES A WAY"!"

mikencis July 11, 2010

For Pain: "I have used 20mg 2x a day of methadone for over 5 years. Before that I used Lortab, Oxycontin, and morphine. My tolerance always increased with these drugs. Not so with methadone, have been on same dose for five years. I have my family and life back. Highly recommend this medicine for pain patients who are serious about controlling pain without the (high) side effects associated with traditional narcotics."

Rick Zi June 26, 2010

Methadose (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: "I was addicted to heroin and doctor-shopped for prescription opioids. Been in a clinic for over a year and haven't used a thing. It saved my life."

Anonymous June 23, 2010

For Pain: "I had the spinal fusion in my two lower disc to alleviate my pain and my pain was still very bad. I have tried all the other pain killers from Lortabs 10mg X 6 a day plus Percocet 7.5mg -10mg X 8 a day plus some Oxycontin and it didn't work. Now I take methadone 10mg X 4 a day and my life has improved immensely! No real high from the medication and it knocks the crap out of your pain. Life in heavy pain is really no life."

Anonymous June 21, 2010

Methadose (methadone) for Pain: "After trying percocet and time released morphine for chronic back pain, methadone was the only pain reliever that lasted for any length of time, but now my pain management clinic closed in 4/14/2010 and I'm trying to find a pain clinic(doctor) that is not afraid to prescribe methadone."

JOHN LA MAR May 25, 2010

For Pain: "Methadone has been the only pain medicine that I've found that relieves my back and neck pain and allows me to work and function without being high or loopy. The only problem that I have found is finding a Doctor who is aware that methadone is used for more than treatment of heroin addiction. I would also think there would be a lower incidence of abuse because you don't get the "high " you get with other narcotics. "

Daddy D May 22, 2010

For Pain: "Diagnosed with arthritis with AWFUL migraines, I began (reluctantly) taking methadone, which I MISTAKENLY believed to be a medication solely reserved for heroin addicts. Tired of the stomach damage of aspirin-like pain aids, I tried it. The results were nothing short of miraculous. No side effects! I implore those who want to try this medicine, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, TAKE ONLY AS DIRECTED! It can be dangerous otherwise. IF TAKEN PROPERLY, THE QUALITY OF YOUR LIFE WILL IMPROVE DRAMATICALLY BUT YOU MUST BE RESPONSIBLE AND ADHERE TO THE INSTRUCTIONS."

Kappyd May 19, 2010