User Reviews for Methadone

Also known as: Dolophine, Methadone Diskets, Methadose, Methadose Sugar-Free

Learn more about Methadone.

Chronic Pain 46 reviews 103 medications

9.1
Opiate Withdrawal 118 reviews 11 medications

Pain 139 reviews 926 medications

8.4
Summary of Methadone reviews 303 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Methadone

Review by TheBlackNight:

For Pain: I am a Chronic Pain sufferer with Ankylosing Spondylitis and Crohn's Disease. AS and CD are certainly a blow to deal with, and I have tried the whole regime of pain medications and over the counter, and herbal remedies as well. I am treating both the pain and the diarrhea that started when I had a bowel resection 12 years ago with any narcotic that will work. I have tried them all, as I mentioned. And the only reason I am posting here is because I am afraid that Methadone, like many other drugs that are "addictive" may be a casualty of war in the "Drug War". It seems that any drug that gets attention, gets abused, gets laws placed against it, goes underground, and then gets removed from the pharmacists shelf.

December 30, 2009 4:57 PM

Review by jusquitfent:

Methadose (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: I have to agree it is a good medicine to detox on however your detox from the methadose is gonna be a long hard road. Unless you are planning on staying on it forever you can count on a long hard withdrawal. It does work wonders for pain but when you move away or get cut off it lands you in a situation of finding another doctor to write for it or the dreaded methadone clinics that charge $11 to $15 a day! Wonderful for pain even got me up and mobile.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 15, 2009 7:08 AM

Review by Krisy1954:

For Pain: This medication has not helped my pain level in any way but has kept me up at night and given me an upset stomach.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 10, 2009 5:11 PM

For Pain: I have Lupus, RA two other types of arthritis, nerve pain, back problems and many other health problems. I'm only 30. I tried many pain medicines, Dilaudid is the only thing that I can take without horrible side effects and poor quality of life. There is no 12hr form of Dilaudid, ones being made but not yet released. Pain Dr wanted me to try a 12hr pain medicine tried Opana within 20 minutes I felt horrible and it lasted hours. Next try was Methadone. Just took my first(and LAST!)dose 11hrs ago at the 4th hour severe horrible side effects of this drug hit me. Chest pain dizziness, nausea, slow heart rate, hallucinations nervous/figidity. I'm still very ill from it! I take very low dose Xanax for tremor possible interaction but not a good drug for pain for some!

December 4, 2009 2:27 PM

For Opiate Withdrawal: Methadone is the reason I am alive right now, living a manageable life.

December 1, 2009 4:26 PM

Review by ppizzi:

For Opiate Withdrawal: I am in a methadone treatment program. I have been going for about 2 years now and it has helped me tremendously. I would recommend to anyone trying to get off opiates and wanting out-patient service.

November 21, 2009 4:28 PM

Review by kev c:

For : I have been on methadone a long time and it does save lives, but also highly addictive. Bad for teeth, if you are going to go on methadone.

November 18, 2009 6:06 AM

Review by redhotzzRN:

For Pain: Methadone/Methadose has been a life saver for me, also. It's affordable for us that have no health insurance of any kind. It does allow me to work, part time again. I can do what I need to around the house again. It's not all-inclusive in taking away pain, but does work pretty good especially for the chronic pain I have and apparently will have for the rest of my life, as no Ortho MD considers me a candidate for the surgery I need to repair my shoulder/rotator cuff (a "reverse total shoulder repair") since I have osteopenia; even though I am on Fosamax to stop its progression.

November 10, 2009 7:08 AM

Review by dweezler:

Methadose (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: Methadone/Methadose saved my life. I was taking 3-6 Oxycontin a day intravenously. Ever since I went to the clinic and started taking methadone/dose I no longer have cravings, or symptoms of withdrawal. I can finally live again, and not hurt the ones I love.

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 5, 2009 3:36 PM

Review by dweezler:

For Opiate Withdrawal: Methadone has saved my life.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 5, 2009 3:34 PM

Review by jk13:

For Pain: It's the first medicine that really helped my Fibromyalgia. Very happy it - it's nice to have the pain go away. For me, it was much more effective than Norco or Lyrica.

October 31, 2009 5:48 PM

Review by Amyb412:

For Opiate Withdrawal: I was addicted to pain killers for four years. I got on Methadone, although it helped I ended up starting using cocaine. I was on Methadone for 7 years. I went from 80mgs. down to 1mg. I thought my withdrawals would be slight, but they were really bad. I relapsed about a week after getting off methadone. I now am on Suboxone and have no cravings for any drug. I am in the processes of weening off. I definitely recommend Suboxone over methadone for someone who is trying to decide what route to take.

October 20, 2009 11:09 PM

Review by FINALLY GRANDMA:

For Pain: This is the only medicine I've found that helps the pain inside of my bones. Doesn't do much for muscles and such, but it is the ONLY thing that relieves the (I guess you'd call) arthritis.

October 15, 2009 4:13 PM

Review by smartchick:

For Opiate Withdrawal: I am 22, and began MMT(Methadone Maintenance Treatment) when I was 19. 3 years and 4 months later I have to say that methadone maintenance has drastically helped to change my life around for the better. The only problem is that every year I start experiencing withdrawal symptoms, and despite the fact that the nurses/doctor/staff will tell you that you don't grow a tolerance: I did~ and I am living proof. My serum levels were higher when I began and decreased as time went on. I was first stabilized on 60 mg, then went up to 70 mg, then to 80mg, and now I'm on 115 mg and the withdrawals are back. The physician/nurses and staff won't listen to me, and because of this I relapsed just yesterday. I am scared now, but my dose just isn't holding me

October 5, 2009 5:34 AM

Review by juju97:

For Pain: This drug has changed my life. I never thought I could get my life back but Methadone allowed me too. I can do everyday activities that I wasn't able to do before. I am able to focus on everything around me now instead of the pain. I have not had any bad side effects. The only thing that I noticed was when my dose is increased for the first 2 days I am a little sleepier at the end of the day but after those 2 days I'm back to normal. It's so good to be able to say that now, I'm normal. This has been my miracle drug, the people who say bad things about this are the people that don't know anything about the drug.

October 2, 2009 3:34 PM

Review by taz4666:

For Pain: I take methadone for severe back pain and before that I was taking Oxycontin which when I ran low due to insurance making you wait too the very last day, where I come from. I would start feeling sick like I had the flu, but with methadone that does not happen.

October 1, 2009 9:04 PM

Review by U.S.VET:

For Pain: I have many injuries sustained while in the Military. One of the medicines I use for pain is Methadone. It does a great job when taking with the other medicines prescribed. However; at night I itch all over. This happens sometimes in the day when taken too close to last dose.

September 28, 2009 10:37 AM

Review by chargergrl:

For Pain: Methadone helps with my chronic back pain, but if I don't take my dose I start to feel really, really bad.

September 19, 2009 6:18 PM

Methadose (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: Methadone is a wonder drug. It got me away from taking 20 Percocet a day. Now I only take 1 methadone every 3 days.

September 17, 2009 9:11 PM

For Opiate Withdrawal: Methadone is a great drug for opiate replacement and detox, but watch for side effects. I've been on it for 3 and a half years and have recently developed prolonged QT syndrome a fairly dangerous arrhythmia as a result of an increased dosage, because of this I have had to lower my dosage drastically and was very sick for 2 weeks.

September 17, 2009 3:51 AM

Review by 8o8o8o8o:

For Pain: I found this medicine very, very helpful. I was on Hydrocodone for years and it never took the pain away...not even a little... But thanks to my doctor I'm on something that actually works.

September 14, 2009 7:27 PM

Review by Pizza Man:

For Pain: I live in a small town in middle Georgia. Last year my doctor put me on Methadone 10mg twice a day, to take along with Lortab 10/650. After 9 years of pure agony from a car accident I am back to work, just got re-married and actually live a normal life again with a very tolerable pain level. I number one thank God for my doctor who prescribed it and to the person who discovered this miracle drug. I don't care what other people think about what I am taking. They are not the ones that were in agony 24/7. Thanks to METHADONE I now live everyday with optimism and vigor.

September 13, 2009 7:22 PM

Review by PO:

For Opiate Withdrawal: It is very help

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 2, 2009 2:15 PM

Review by stargate123sg1:

Methadose (methadone) for Pain: Methadone is a life saver! I am a 42 yr old woman who has experienced severe migraines/head bangers since I was 15. My life was miserable. I could not function as a normal person. I could not laugh, stretch, yawn, or anything that made blood rush to my head. The pain only lasted for 3-5 minutes, but made life difficult. I have tried all kinds of medicines, OTC drugs and even Vicodin. About a year ago, I saw a doctor who ask me to try methadone as a preventative regimen. Well, after being on it for awhile, my life changed! I can laugh, scream, yawn, and even stretch without suffering consequences. I will be on methadone as long my doctor says I can't take it anymore! This is one miracle drug!

August 30, 2009 3:12 AM

Review by hawkergirl25:

For Opiate Withdrawal: Me and my husband have been addicted to pain killers for 8 years, because of teeth pain. Then we found the methadone clinic! AWESOME! No more cravings! No more withdrawals! NOTHING, except living life as we should have been doing a long time ago. We recommend methadone to anybody who is an opioid addicted. Now our children have BOTH parents back.

August 30, 2009 2:03 AM