User Reviews for Methadone

Also known as: Dolophine, Methadone Diskets, Methadose, Methadose Sugar-Free

Learn more about Methadone.

Chronic Pain 34 reviews 102 medications

9.2
Opiate Withdrawal 112 reviews 11 medications

Pain 138 reviews 912 medications

8.4
Summary of Methadone reviews 284 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Methadone

For Opiate Withdrawal: Methadone is a great drug for opiate replacement and detox, but watch for side effects. I've been on it for 3 and a half years and have recently developed prolonged QT syndrome a fairly dangerous arrhythmia as a result of an increased dosage, because of this I have had to lower my dosage drastically and was very sick for 2 weeks.

September 17, 2009 3:51 AM

Review by 8o8o8o8o:

For Pain: I found this medicine very, very helpful. I was on Hydrocodone for years and it never took the pain away...not even a little... But thanks to my doctor I'm on something that actually works.

September 14, 2009 7:27 PM

Review by Pizza Man:

For Pain: I live in a small town in middle Georgia. Last year my doctor put me on Methadone 10mg twice a day, to take along with Lortab 10/650. After 9 years of pure agony from a car accident I am back to work, just got re-married and actually live a normal life again with a very tolerable pain level. I number one thank God for my doctor who prescribed it and to the person who discovered this miracle drug. I don't care what other people think about what I am taking. They are not the ones that were in agony 24/7. Thanks to METHADONE I now live everyday with optimism and vigor.

September 13, 2009 7:22 PM

Review by PO:

For Opiate Withdrawal: It is very help

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 2, 2009 2:15 PM

Review by stargate123sg1:

Methadose (methadone) for Pain: Methadone is a life saver! I am a 42 yr old woman who has experienced severe migraines/head bangers since I was 15. My life was miserable. I could not function as a normal person. I could not laugh, stretch, yawn, or anything that made blood rush to my head. The pain only lasted for 3-5 minutes, but made life difficult. I have tried all kinds of medicines, OTC drugs and even Vicodin. About a year ago, I saw a doctor who ask me to try methadone as a preventative regimen. Well, after being on it for awhile, my life changed! I can laugh, scream, yawn, and even stretch without suffering consequences. I will be on methadone as long my doctor says I can't take it anymore! This is one miracle drug!

August 30, 2009 3:12 AM

Review by hawkergirl25:

For Opiate Withdrawal: Me and my husband have been addicted to pain killers for 8 years, because of teeth pain. Then we found the methadone clinic! AWESOME! No more cravings! No more withdrawals! NOTHING, except living life as we should have been doing a long time ago. We recommend methadone to anybody who is an opioid addicted. Now our children have BOTH parents back.

August 30, 2009 2:03 AM

Review by shellyg:

For Pain: I have had chronic pain all over for seven years. I have taken all kinds of different pain medicines from herbal remedies to narcotics because of all the when my pain doctor put me on methadone, I burst into tears. Little did I know that I would get the best pain relief I've gotten in years.

August 29, 2009 1:29 AM

For Pain: My pain was so severe I was literally going insane and no matter how often I expressed to my pain management doctor that the lortab he was prescribing was ineffective he would not listen. If I hadn't found a Methadone clinic for help I really do not believe I would be alive today. My quality of life has improved so much and I am beyond Thankful.

August 22, 2009 12:42 PM

Review by 14 yrs clean:

For Opiate Withdrawal: First off I am 21 years old and have been taking pain pills since I was 14. I started off with lortabs and percs, then oc's and rc's to fentanyl patches and suckers. I had been taking fentanyl pain patches for 4 years after totaling 3 vehicles beyond recognition because I was messed up. After trying suboxone for a year and decreasing my dose and getting off that and staying clean for 6 months I relapsed again. I have now found methadone to be the only thing that keeps me from taking pain pills and to be a great asset and assistance to me in my life. It has helped me to get my life back and to get back into school and finish my degree. I don't recomend methadone to recreational users or to people who haven't already tried everything else

August 21, 2009 1:02 PM

Review by msir30mg7:

For Pain: I use to be on 800mg of morphine instant release. Withdrawal was immediate (4-8 hours) if I ran out or missed my doses, usually it was the latter. As it was easy to increase dose without major side effects, I was always taking more rather then less and having to lie to my doctor about why I was always early. Finally went to detox 3 times and then started methadone. My highest dose 120mg, now 105mg, which works well for my pain.

August 13, 2009 7:10 PM

For Pain: Use methadone to help stop using fentanyl patch and for pain. Transition went well. Doesn't stop pain, but makes life livable at least!

August 10, 2009 7:18 PM

For Pain: After suffering a back injury and having two surgeries, I have had chronic back pain for the last 10 years. I have used many narcotics to try to relieve the pain including hydrocodone, percocet, vicodin, demerol, morphine, darvocet and oxycontin. None of these worked for my pain and I thought I would just have to live with it. Then I tried methadone. I could not believe the way I feel since changing to it. I have almost no pain anymore and can function relatively normal again with no side effects at all. I have been on the same dose for the last 6 years and don't foresee it changing any time soon. Methadone is the best pain reliever there is as far as I am concerned.

August 8, 2009 6:09 PM

Review by RebekahMaria:

For Opiate Withdrawal: I've been on a methadone treatment program for about 5 months now and am very thankful. Without this medicine I would definitely still be addicted to pain killers. Methadone is great. There's just one thing, it makes me tired during the middle of the day, but I couldn't do without it.

August 3, 2009 7:13 AM

Review by IndigosogidnI:

Methadose (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: While methadone/methadose does do it's job very well, it is not the best medication for withdrawal of opiates. Suboxone is a newer drug that works very well for the suppression of withdrawal symptoms. Suboxone is an agonist and antagonist as well. Not only does it work to suppress withdrawal symptoms of opiate withdrawal, but it also acts as a deterrent from using any opiates because it is a blocker. It is a sublingual pill that is absorbed under the tongue and you should not eat or drink anything for 20 minutes before or after as it will decrease the drugs potency.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 26, 2009 11:00 AM

Review by JimmyX:

For Pain: Great for my spinal injury pain.

July 23, 2009 10:50 PM

Review by mo816:

For Opiate Withdrawal: I was taking anything that would get me high and then it was just to keep me from getting sick. I started the program 2 years ago and it has changed my life. Although there is more to it than the methadone. It in combination with counseling can change lives. I would also like to say that if you are suffering from low sex drive, tired, unreasonable weight gain and hot flashes you might need to get your testosterone levels checked because methadone can cause your levels to get low and maybe cause the underlined problems. Overall it has improved my life and I wouldn't change a thing.

July 23, 2009 3:25 AM

Review by svamosy1:

Dolophine (methadone) for Pain: Used lots of non steriodal drugs, to fight back and leg pain. None of them seemed to work anymore. Doctor put me on Dolophine 20 mg 3x a day. It gave me my life back. I was at the point that I could not get out of bed in the morning.

July 20, 2009 3:02 PM

Review by Drugfreelove:

Methadone Diskets (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: I have been on a Methadone maintenance program since May 12 and it has helped me so much! It took my withdrawals away the first day and has kept me from having cravings to the prescription pain medication that I was dependant on. Methadone is a lifesaver!

July 9, 2009 5:35 PM

Review by myqueendom:

Methadose (methadone) for Pain: I have used several types of pains medications before and never had the actual 10 to 12 hour relief that they promised as I have found with Methadose/Methadone. Long lasting relief and completely affordable for anyone paying cash for their prescriptions.

July 1, 2009 8:32 AM

Review by ecellis:

For Pain: I was born with arthritis and have been on many of the narcotic based drugs in my 20 years of being treated. I noticed someone saying that methadone makes them feel tired when they sit. I know that is a normal side effect but I urge ALL men that are taking ANY narcotic pain medication to get your testosterone checked! Narcotics lower the level of testoserone and that makes you feel very tired. I was feeling very tired all the time and didn't really have any get-up-and-go and would have "Hot Flashes." I got my levels checked and my testosterone was almost at female levels. Now I get testosterone shots and feel much better. If you are on medicines long term, get your levels checked!

June 22, 2009 3:30 AM

Review by NewVicTMan:

For Opiate Withdrawal: When administered properly by the Detox/Rehab program and taken right by the patient this drug is a God send. I was addicted to I.V. use of Morphine and its varieties such as Dilaudid. I have been clean for 3 years now and methadone has done wonders for me. I was at my peak on 120mg daily and now after several months of monitored decreases I am down to 9 mg daily and feel great. On the other side though, there are also a large number of people in the program who, while they can't get the high from morphine, replace it with cocaine. This is a common practice and the cause of many deaths. The use of methadone as a cessation aid is a two way street. There has to be equal work done by the client and the program.

June 19, 2009 10:04 AM

Review by annyarbrough79yahoo.com:

For Pain: I have two degenerative discs, a pinched nerve, arthritis, and I also have a lot of trouble with my sciatic nerve. I also have pain in my left leg and hip. A couple of different doctors tried Lorcet and Lortab but they did not help me at all. I started going to another doctor and he prescribed me Methadone and it seems to be helping. I only take one three times a day. It helps to ease it and I think when I go back to the doctor I am going to see if maybe he can up the dose, not a lot but enough to really take the pain away. All in all the Methadone has helped me a lot.

June 18, 2009 11:39 AM

Review by It's Over:

For Pain: I broke my neck after a fall from a bridge in 2000. After many failed surgeries, an ANS spinal implant that didn't work, pain medications were my only option. Like many of you, I was prescribed Hydrocodone, Oxycodone, OxyContin, MS Contin, Fentanyl, in varying orders and dosages, and then Methadone. While all of the previously named medications have their pro's and con's, I did experience one side effect with Methadone that I haven't seen listed or heard of anyone experience before. After 2 or 3 days on the medication, I started having very vivid and disturbing nightmares. While I understand this may be a "wonder drug" for many of you, there are some of us out there that disagree.

June 11, 2009 3:04 PM

For Pain: This drug has helped my nerve pain in my leg however, I am feeling tired when I sit. This is something I haven't got use to yet.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 10, 2009 10:19 PM

For Pain: I was just put on methadone less than a week ago for severe pain related to a recent, failed back surgery. I have degenerative disc disease and spinal stenosis. I need to have fusion surgery, but am not ready for surgery again just yet. The methadone has been great. I can sit with very little or no pain at all. I still use percocet as needed for breakthrough pain. The methadone is allowing me to push the surgery off a few more months so I'm not bedridden all summer. I can still function at work and be there for my kids without being doped up. Definitely recommend it.

June 1, 2009 12:51 PM