User Reviews for Glucophage XR

Learn more about Glucophage XR.

Diabetes, Type 2 2 reviews 127 medications

7.4
Insulin Resistance Syndrome 0 reviews 15 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Glucophage XR reviews 2 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Glucophage XR

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been taking glucophage ER for 4 weeks. The first couple of weeks it made me very sick. I was told this was normal and to try to hold out and the side effects would stop. They seemed to and then the dose was increased and I am sick again. It works really well to get my sugar down. Before I started it was an average of 146 or 6.7 for A1C Now the average is 101. Since it is working I am going to hold on for a few more weeks. I have been told that some people get used to it much faster than I have and some people take a few months."

Dee1956 April 28, 2014

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "The first week of taking Metformin (Glucophage) I was extremely sick! But after that intail first week of taking the pill, I was better. I take 1000mg in the morning and at night; making that 2000mg a day. So far it hasn't given me any issues. Haven't noticed much weight loss but so far I am happy with it."

Anonymous September 25, 2009

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "Did not resolve polycystic ovarian syndrome completely, but did improve quality of life by treating my subclinical insulin resistance. Metformin extended release 1000mg/day."

Anonymous June 8, 2009

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I started glucophage xr on February 20. I can not believe how much better I feel. Before glucophage I spent every waking minute thinking about what I would eat next. For the last 5 years I stayed under 1000 calories a day, and my readings were 175 or 83, I was up and down like a yo-yo all day and night. I gained weight constantly, I weighed in at 196lbs on Feb 20. Now 2 months later on glucophage I have lost 29 lbs, and I eat like a normal person. I can't believe the difference. The first week on it I had some nausea but it went away and I now have no side effects. I keep thinking this is a fluke, a pill can't make that much of a difference. I feel better than I have in 20 years, I now have energy because I am eating enough and my readings are amazing."

leeni May 8, 2009

166 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "I started taking this medication for PCOS. I would suggest the XR to help with the side effects. Stick to it because the side effects are bad the first 1-2 weeks but after that it gets easier."

kimg721 March 19, 2009