User Reviews for Glucophage XR

Learn more about Glucophage XR.

Diabetes, Type 2 2 reviews 123 medications

7.4
Insulin Resistance Syndrome 0 reviews 15 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Glucophage XR reviews 2 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Glucophage XR

Review by Dee1956:

For Diabetes, Type 2: I have been taking glucophage ER for 4 weeks. The first couple of weeks it made me very sick. I was told this was normal and to try to hold out and the side effects would stop. They seemed to and then the dose was increased and I am sick again. It works really well to get my sugar down. Before I started it was an average of 146 or 6.7 for A1C Now the average is 101. Since it is working I am going to hold on for a few more weeks. I have been told that some people get used to it much faster than I have and some people take a few months.

April 28, 2014 3:59 PM

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: The first week of taking Metformin (Glucophage) I was extremely sick! But after that intail first week of taking the pill, I was better. I take 1000mg in the morning and at night; making that 2000mg a day. So far it hasn't given me any issues. Haven't noticed much weight loss but so far I am happy with it.

September 25, 2009 1:22 PM

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: Did not resolve polycystic ovarian syndrome completely, but did improve quality of life by treating my subclinical insulin resistance. Metformin extended release 1000mg/day.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 8, 2009 1:05 PM

Review by leeni:

For Diabetes, Type 2: I started glucophage xr on February 20. I can not believe how much better I feel. Before glucophage I spent every waking minute thinking about what I would eat next. For the last 5 years I stayed under 1000 calories a day, and my readings were 175 or 83, I was up and down like a yo-yo all day and night. I gained weight constantly, I weighed in at 196lbs on Feb 20. Now 2 months later on glucophage I have lost 29 lbs, and I eat like a normal person. I can't believe the difference. The first week on it I had some nausea but it went away and I now have no side effects. I keep thinking this is a fluke, a pill can't make that much of a difference. I feel better than I have in 20 years, I now have energy because I am eating enough and my readings are amazing.

152 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 8, 2009 8:37 AM

Review by kimg721:

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: I started taking this medication for PCOS. I would suggest the XR to help with the side effects. Stick to it because the side effects are bad the first 1-2 weeks but after that it gets easier.

March 19, 2009 7:41 PM