User Reviews for Metformin

Also known as: Fortamet, Glucophage, Glucophage XR, Glumetza, Riomet

Learn more about Metformin.

Metformin Review Summary

7.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 66 medications used in the treatment of Female Infertility.

Reviews for Metformin to treat Female Infertility

"I had Polycystic ovarian syndrome since 3 months. My doctor suggested to take metformin 3 pills per day. I suffered form side effectes like nausea, vomiting sensation. Me and my hubby are trying to get conceive, hope it will works."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2015

"I got pregnant in 2003 with no problem. Went on birth control. we started trying again for 4 years no pregnancy. I was told I now had polycystic ovarian syndrome. Pretty heavily. So I started taking 3 pills a day. I got pregnant Within 3 months. Healthy baby boy is now 2 years old. The only problem was I had diarrhea. It slowly got better. But I would take it again!"

Sherbess January 14, 2015

"I must be the small percentage who seems to suffer all side effects. I have had the diarrhea, sweats, insomnia, stomach pain, weight loss, and the list goes on. I'm on 1.5 pills per day and have to find a way to work myself up to 3 pills a day. I suffer from polycystic ovarian syndrome and endometriosis and am hoping this will help with that and my infertility."

Not loving it (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 21, 2013

"I just started taking metformin. This was given to me by my ob/gyn because I just got married and my husband and I are trying to have baby. Just started this week so the side effect haven't hit me fully, I do get the stomach pain. I haven't been diagnosed with PCOS but I think I have it. So far things are looking okay. Just waiting to see if everything fall in to place."

missJ2 November 11, 2011

Glucophage (metformin): "Did 5 failed IVF and 2 months on this and got pregnant naturally."

Anonymous September 8, 2011

Glucophage (metformin): "By personal experience 3 of 5 of my friends get successful results when used Glucophage."

dunya August 17, 2010