User Reviews for Janumet

Learn more about Janumet.

Janumet Review Summary

6.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 110 medications used in the treatment of Diabetes, Type 2.

Reviews for Janumet to treat Diabetes, Type 2

"I was on Metformin (1000mg twice a day) and my A1C pretty much stayed at 6.0 to 6.2. Then another doctor (a flight surgeon) advised me to switch to Janumet 50/500 twice a day because he felt I was taking too much Metformin. Now my A1C is up to 6.4 and my glucose has jumped to the 240-250 range after a light breakfast (V8, low carb cereal and coffee). So next week I am going back to discuss other options with my regular doctor."

Bradly May 7, 2015

"I have been on Janumet for about a month now, and for the last couple of days I've been having severe throat pain. The pain is so severe I'll have to see a doctor tomorrow and I've already stopped taking it for two days now. It has worked well to reduce my blood sugar, but the side effects are just too much to bare."

Somewhere in SC (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2015

"My a1c has been 8 on metformin and Januvia. After 2 doses of janumet I went hypo. Feeling woozy and generally unwell. BP 159/61. Bad scene."

gerryk (taken for less than 1 month) April 28, 2015

"For many years, I had intestine cramps. I used to take medicines. By afternoon I used to again pain. Also cholesterol used to be high. Type 2: diabetic was identified. Since Nov 2013. I am using. Janumet 50/1000 bMy intestine aches zeroed. So is cholesterol. Levels. I feel good."

Gunnery October 30, 2014

"Been taking Janumet for 11 months and my sugar level went from over 330 to 110 to 150..."

Sam1963 August 20, 2014

"I started taking Janumet after open heart surgery I October 2008 and it is wonderful my A1C is 5.7 has never been over 6 since starting Janumet 50/1000. My daughter is diabetic also her doctor had her on just meteor, I talked with them and explained how Janumet worked for me. They put her on it and she has been fine since. I love this medicine."

Bettyblueeyes April 7, 2013

"I was diagnosed with Type 2 about 6 months ago. I was given Janumet 50/500. It worked great until about a month ago. My sugar in the mornings have risen from the 120's to anywhere up to 190. I feel pretty bad in the mornings & sometimes throughout the day. I've also noticed I sweat at night. I get nauseated a lot and vomit at times. Not sure what my doc will do when my A1C results come back."

Chaotic State (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 5, 2013

"I take this medicine and my sugar still goes up when I eat. I have had a sever headache for about 6 weeks, i`m very dizzy all the time and all my bed is wet. When i`m awake I sweat all day. At times I have very bad acid reflux. It has made me unable to do anything all day long. I have been taking it for about 6 months. I'm calling my dr. In the morning."

hawkeye54 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 20, 2012

"This medicine raised my blood glucose from 170 to over 600. Also, when my A1c was taken they just put a 13 on it. After stopping it the blood glucose went down to 390, and I've been trying to lower it since. The only other medicine that caused this reaction was Avandimet. The common ingredient was metformin. "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2012

"I have been taking Janumet for about one year now. I recently spent some time at the beach and noticed that every time I went to the beach I would experience a rash and itching on my face, chest, arms and back. The rash would last for about 24 hours. Otherwise, the Janumet has done a great job in controlling my blood sugars, much better now than with just the metformin alone."

Anonymous September 5, 2012

"I had frequent intestinal distress (and I mean distress). Janumet is a combination of Januvia and Metformin. I switched to two pills, Januvia and Metformin ER. ER stands for extended release. It may cost more this way, but it eliminated the problem. Those of you with a similar problem should talk to their doctor. Most don't know that Janumet itself used the immediate release Metformin....which causes intestinal distress in many users."

Ted R January 20, 2012

"My body had developed resistance for the sitagliptin after 45 days of use. Sitagliptin worked fine with my body for 40-45 days and became ineffective later. My doctor switched me to glipizide/glimepiride which works with my body effectively even after 1 yr use along with metformin combination."

vin1z November 16, 2011

"I have just recently changed from Metformin to Janumet 50mg /500mg one tablet twice daily with food and have suffered from headaches nausea and some dizziness. I have seen two Dr's one advised to stay on metformin as its has maintained good results for many years and Janumet is still a more recent medicine in AUstralia. The other Dr advised that Janument will control my levels a lot better and decrease the situation of gaining weight even though in the early stage have some side effects. I intend to continue with Janumet for another month hoping for improvement, aged 70."

Louey November 1, 2011

"My husband went on Janument and I noticed one day that he was slurring his words. I thought since he had pancakes with sugar free syrup he had a reaction to the syrup. He went off the medication and the slurring stopped."

Anonymous September 18, 2011

"I was diagnosed with Diabetes in February 2010 after I passed out in my office and my blood sugar taken at the time was 580. My doctor initially out me on Metformin but it was not controlling my blood sugar. He switched me to Janumet and now my reading are consistently in the 90's and I have suffered no side effects. I started working out and eating nutritiously right after being diagnosed and I have dropped 100 lbs."

Formerly Big Mike September 2, 2011

"After becoming a diabetic, I was initially put on Januvia, but it failed to control my sugar levels. I was switched to Janumet and have been taking 50/500mg of Janumet (50mg - Januvia, 500mg - Metformin) for over a year. It's just like Januvia, and doesn't work well for me since my sugar levels can reach 140 after meals. I am not overweight and I exercise regularly. My doctor raised my dosage to 50/1000mg, but side effects forced me back to the lower dosage. The higher Metformin caused my body to ache and I felt weak during workouts. I recommend using Janumet but watch your sugar levels closely to make sure it brings your sugar levels to your desired level. I gained 5 pounds this summer and my sugar went up 30 points."

Almost Jake March 16, 2011

"I was diagnosed diabetic about eighteen months ago and started out taking metformin and glyburide. I've done okay with my diet since the beginning but I don't always have control over how much activity I get during the day due to my job so my numbers were all over the place, both up and down, all the time. I thought that was part of being a diabetic, but I knew I had to talk to my doctor again when I dropped down to 38 one morning and almost fainted at work. He took me off metformin and glyburide and put me on Janumet, and now it's much easier to maintain an even and predictable glucose level even with unpredictable levels of activity during the day. I like taking only one pill at a time too. I've not been troubled with side effects."

Karlie47 February 3, 2011

"Works great. 48 hours after taking it, my blood sugar was reduced by 50%(from 220 to 110). No side effects so far!"

shahin61 July 12, 2010

"I love this medication. Not only has it reduced my blood sugar levels, I lost 12 pounds in 2 months. I take 50/1000 twice a day with no side effects."

Anonymous November 5, 2009

"I am 60 and have been taking Janumet 50/500 twice a day since September 2009. I have had no side effects with drug like I did with Metformin (it was very bad for me). I have missed doses or have been late taking my evening dose by 5 or 6 hours with no side effects like some have listed below. All in all it has been a positive experience with my sugar levels dropping significantly below the Metformin levels."

Anonymous October 28, 2009

"I'm taking 500/50Mg. I'm 24years old, this is my 7th day with Janumet and it has helped lower my sugar levels, but I have upset stomach and before I go to bed I feel a little dizzy (my sugars are okay though). I'm going to keep on taking the pill for a few more weeks."

Cristi24 September 23, 2009

"I had bad side effects from this medicine. I had nausea, headache and dizziness almost daily since taking Janumet. Thinking my body would adjust I kept taking it for about 6 months. Since I stopped it 2 weeks ago the nausea, headache and dizziness has stopped. I will have to get "real" with myself and do diet and exercise."

Anonymous September 7, 2009

"It has helped a lot. I take 1000mg and my blood sugar has been in the normal range more consistently. 79 -173, a few 187-193, however it has made me feel all around better."

..... July 23, 2009

"I have had nausea, headache and dizziness almost daily since taking Janumet. Thinking my body would adjust I kept taking it for about 6 months. Since off of it for 2 weeks the nausea, headache and dizziness has stopped. I will have to get "real" with myself and do diet and exercise."

bevcooknurse May 28, 2009

"Not very effective compared to the other medicines."

Anonymous April 25, 2009