User Reviews for Metformin / saxagliptin

Also known as: Kombiglyze XR

Learn more about Metformin/saxagliptin.

Diabetes, Type 2 8 reviews 118 medications

6.1
Summary of Metformin/saxagliptin reviews 8 reviews 6.1

Reviews for Metformin/saxagliptin

Kombiglyze XR (metformin / saxagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I've been on kombiglyze xr for 3 years and have never felt better. All other drugs caused stomach pain & diarrhea. First two years my doctor added glimiperide then Lantus 40 units. After changing my diet I'm off glimiperide & only using 12 to 14 units of lantus, working on getting off completely. Oh & I've lost 30 pounds. No more night sweats or high & low blood sugars. Did I mention my blood sugars have dropped from 7 to 6 on my A1C! Two in a row! Hope by next year I will be on 2.5/500 kombiglyze xr once daily. After 8 years finally something that has worked for me!"

southernwoman July 16, 2015

Kombiglyze XR (metformin / saxagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Sugar - 117, and some times it will spike to 254 for a half day, can't sleep, no energy, joint pain, intense ankle pain. Have to wear custom made leather braces. Limits my walking to 5-10 minutes, tired of the foot pain, joint pain climbing up stairs in out car."

PIZZA MAN,,,,,, (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 25, 2015

Kombiglyze XR (metformin / saxagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been taking since May and I am sick every day. I have never felt this bad taking any medication my doctor is going to have to put me on something different."

laffy taffy June 20, 2014

Kombiglyze XR (metformin / saxagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "My doc just wanted my A1C to go down from 6.0. After years of glucophage, he changed me to this great pill. It has been 2 weeks + and I have not felt so strong and healthy. Besides little stomach discomfort an hour after I take it, my morning blood sugar reading has gone from 130 to 105 and below. In another 2 weeks, I will know my new A1C reading. I think I am going to love this medicine."

Ndunkem May 22, 2014

Kombiglyze XR (metformin / saxagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have minimal side effects and my sugar levels went down."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 19, 2013

Kombiglyze XR (metformin / saxagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. Doc put me on 2.5 mg, with little results but side effects. Raised it to 5mg and I feel worse. I am using sample packs and insurance will not cover. I have noticed improvement in my sugar levels but I have felt worse now having started the pills. Nausea, soft stool, headache, dizzy. All of these and sugar reads only 152. Also, I don't feel rested when I'm sleeping."

Maureen M (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 16, 2013

Kombiglyze XR (metformin / saxagliptin) for : "This medicine is great, our patients no longer have to worry about if they miss a dose because it's taken once a day."

Dr. West's office October 4, 2012

Kombiglyze XR (metformin / saxagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Dr. put me on this and within 3 months my A1c went from 6 to 8.6. Continued for 6 more months and blood sugars are high."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 9, 2012

Kombiglyze XR (metformin / saxagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have never felt as well on any other medicine or been able to keep my sugar level as consistent as it is now through out the day."

Anonymous January 27, 2012