User Reviews for Skelaxin

Learn more about Skelaxin.

Skelaxin review summary

6.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 31 medications used in the treatment of Fibromyalgia.

Reviews for Skelaxin to treat Fibromyalgia

Review by buffieloo (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I take metaxalone when I feel the pain coming on. For at least three days then I stop because I have to still take aspirin for other conditions. It alleviates some of the pain.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 10, 2013 6:18 PM

Review by Holycats7 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Helped sleep but caused restless legs syndrome.

August 31, 2013 12:39 PM

Review by Amy7902:

I was having one of my "bad" days. I was expected at my Mother's 80th Birthday party. I took the Skelaxin and felt well enough to go. I am not one for taking medication. I should have brought the next dose with me, I had to leave the party due to the pain.

June 10, 2013 9:02 AM

I have fibromyalgia, scleroderma and polymyositus, all have to do with muscle pain and tendon pain. I must say, I went from shuffling in the morning, not being able to walk, to feeling little pain. It's been a month now. I am also on methadone, which, by itself, did not help. I do feel very fatigued, and out of sorts, but, I would rather be like this than the way I was in pain.

January 25, 2013 8:33 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Went to the doctor yesterday due to muscle spasms from fibromyalgia. She put me on Skelaxin and it's WONDERFUL. I actually felt half way decent for the first time in forever, even able to get some much needed household chores done.

October 30, 2012 9:56 AM

Review by angemtb (taken for less than 1 month):

I have fibromyalgia and couldn't handle the pain any longer. I went to the doctor today and they put me on Skelaxin. I took one pill and it was like a miracle. AWESOME. They also put me on Lyrica and I haven't taken it yet today. Hoping the 2 meds together will help.

May 5, 2012 12:04 AM

Review by PateChouxButtercream:

I have fibromyalgia and more recently have been dealing with severe stenosis in my L5 as well as my L2.3.4 that can only be described as crippling. I have been on Skelaxin for two days and I thought my husband and my teen were going to cry because they got their wife and mom, respectively, back, and I can sleep longer than 4 hours at a time. It is nice.

January 4, 2012 6:56 AM

Review by dancingcat:

I have had fibro and chronic fatigue for years. I used to take Skelaxin occasionally. When I developed degerative bone disease and increasing arthritis, I decided to take it regularly and see what happened. Over a period of a few months, I have found that my pain has reduced significantly. It is one of those drugs that seems to work better when taken regularly as opposed to for an acute attack. The down side is that it is expensive, even in generic form.

September 15, 2011 3:00 PM

I take Skelaxin for my Degenerated Disc Disease, it's helping with pain alot. Also, I'm losing weight because it suppresses my appetite so that's a plus.

February 23, 2011 12:54 PM

Skelaxin has been wonderful for me. I first tried it 3 years ago when I could no longer tolerate the pain and spasms associated with my fibromyalgia. Like many other people, I needed something that I could function with and Flexeril had a sedating effect. I have experienced no side effects on Skelaxin.

November 11, 2010 7:00 PM

Wonderful, but expensive, muscle relaxant! This is the only type of muscle relaxant that I can take, experience some relief from pain and stiffness, and still be able to drive, stay awake, etc. LOVE Skelaxin!

November 7, 2009 9:57 AM

I have found Skelaxin to almost be a wonder drug. No side effects and my muscle spasms are almost gone, no twitching while I am in an office meeting anymore. I am not foggy and can function normally. This has been great for me.

June 10, 2009 12:32 AM

I have fibromyalgia or they say and have been on everything known to mankind even experimental drugs. I am now down to just pain medicines which I am weening myself off of. I tried Skelaxin and has it helped relax the tension I have had for years now. I have been doing stretching exercises and this medicine helps loosen me up so it's not so painful. It's probably just another bandaid but it has helped me so far...very expensive though.

April 3, 2009 9:34 PM

I was given Skelaxin for a herniated disc and it has also helped tremendously for my fibromyalgia

February 26, 2009 1:37 PM

Review by smoore002:

I have Fibromyalgia and was prescribed this to help with the pain. It didn't work well at all. Carisoprodol is a much better muscle relaxant. I also take Tylenol w/ Codeine #3 which also helps.

April 29, 2008 11:38 AM

Review by Charitygirl:

I take Skelaxin for the coat hanger neck pain associated with my neurocardiogenic syncopy, and the severe pain I get from fibromyalgia. I love it! It helps me move more comfortably, and I don't feel exhausted or "high". I used to take Neurontin but that didn't help with pain that much. Being a single mom of 3 kids ages 14, 11, and 2 that wasn't an option.

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 23, 2008 8:57 PM

Review by brighteyez2k:

I have fibromyalgia and it helps with my muscle spasms and my back pains and other pains that i have with my fibromyalgia. My doctor only wants me to take it on a as needed basis for the muscles spasms but when the get really bad it helps alot ...

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 17, 2008 2:59 AM

my doctor put me on skelaxin to help me get the knots out of my muscles. the only thing that skelaxin has done for me is make me lose weight

March 2, 2008 8:46 AM