User Reviews for Asacol HD

Learn more about Asacol HD.

Crohn's Disease, Maintenance 1 reviews 23 medications

Inflammatory Bowel Disease 0 reviews 73 medications Not rated - Be the first
Ulcerative Proctitis 0 reviews 16 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Asacol HD reviews 6 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Asacol HD

For Ulcerative Colitis "Asacol did not work well for me. It was no different from generic. I switched to this from Lialda to save money but it didn't work and I had to switch back."

Tomh219 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 23, 2014

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "I use to be on Asacol 400mg, but they stopped making or something. So, I've been on Asacol HD 800mg for about a year. I think it's the best for me, because I really haven't had any severe or major side effects from the medicine. It is doing the job it is supposed to do. I've been taking Asacol for over 20 years. Never had to try anything else, but for some reason they want me to try Imuran, and I don't like what the reviews are saying about it. Like they say, if it's not broke don't fix it. Overall, I've had some flares over the 20 yrs., but nothing is worth me having to get use to another medicine."

Nene411 (taken for 10 years or more) January 25, 2014

For Ulcerative Colitis, Maintenance "Is good"

CarmenI.Cruz June 8, 2013

For Ulcerative Colitis "Have not noticed side effects. Diahrrea is less frequent (1-2x/month) and is over in shorter period of time (2-3 hrs, max 6 hrs). No accidents."

FemPatient,Dr.R.C.,VA (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 13, 2013

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis in 2008 treating it with Canasa and Protofoam. It reoccurred in 2010 which had to be treated aggressively with prednisone, Asacol HD, proctofoam and Canasa. I did not continue taking the Asacol HD because of the price. My ulcerative colitis reoccurred again in 2011. Currently, I am taking prednisone plus 3 Asacol HD a day and am very satisfied with the medicine. No side effects for me. Once the prednisone is finished it's Asacol HD forever to prevent flare-ups/maintenance. Great medicine."

speck10 May 19, 2011

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "Only been on it one week, but it is starting to work! No nausea like I had with Asacol 400 mg."

Anonymous October 9, 2009