User Reviews for Apriso

Ulcerative Proctitis 0 reviews 16 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Apriso reviews 8 reviews 5.3

Reviews for Apriso

Review by Ronny Spinto:

For Crohn's Disease: Didn't work for me. In fact, made things worse. Caused bleeding at a time when that was no longer an issue for me.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 30, 2014 5:20 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Ulcerative Colitis: I took Apriso for a year and it was successful in treating my ulcerative colitis. I was then switched to Asacol HD. My prescription plan eventually decided Asacol HD was too expensive and I was put back on Apriso. This second course on Apriso was not successful. It did nothing to alleviate my Ulcerative Colitis symptoms, and produced a number of unpleasant side affects - the worst of which was moderate-to-severe stomach cramps around the clock - even waking me from sound sleep. Coupled with an incredibly dry mouth that invited multiple canker sores to erupt in my mouth, these symptoms made eating anything very unpleasant; I lost 15 lbs in the three weeks I was on the Apriso. As soon as I stopped taking it, the cramping and canker sores disappeared.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 24, 2014 10:17 AM

Review by silver59 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Crohn's Disease: Severe vertigo, sweating, vomiting.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 5, 2014 12:36 AM

Review by Grammie904:

For Ulcerative Colitis: Diagnosed with ulcerative colitis a year ago. Took medicine for a month. Cleared up. Recently, another flare up. Am taking again and is slowly clearing up again.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 6, 2013 9:09 PM

Review by jerz:

For Ulcerative Colitis: I was told February 2011 that I had ulcerative colitis from the top to the bottom. I was put on 40 mg of prednisone and Asacol 400mg 4 tablets 3 rimes a day. It took about six months to clear up. I stopped taking it about 4 months ago and now I am in a mess with pain. Dr put me back on the same thing and in 3 days I am so much better as far as pain goes, still have stomach being upset. But I will never again stop taking this.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 18, 2012 7:45 PM

For Ulcerative Colitis: I would probably rate Apriso higher if it were not for some side effects. The only medicine that has actually worked to keep the blood and unreal cramps at a distance. It works. only twice have I had symptoms since 11/01/2011, I hope it stays that way. Anyone with ulcerative colitis know's how important this is.

February 26, 2012 5:20 PM

Review by Stateman1952:

For Ulcerative Colitis, Maintenance: I have been taking Apriso since December 2010 and have had no flareups. My doctor told me it is fine for long term use and as of right now, September 2011, he has no plans to take me off it. The only side effect I have experienced is some muscle stiffness.

September 15, 2011 11:31 AM

For Ulcerative Colitis, Maintenance: I was taking Lialda for active inflammatory bowel disease, with very good results but the insurance changed and dropped it. I have been Colazol and others. By and large have not had any luck with generic versions. Do ok with Apriso but have discomfort in my lower intestines and very paste like movements. Also flare up more often I think. Might ask to try something else.

August 28, 2010 5:45 PM