User Reviews for Apriso

Learn more about Apriso.

Apriso Review Summary

5.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 121 medications used in the treatment of Ulcerative Colitis.

Reviews for Apriso to treat Ulcerative Colitis

"Helps me somewhat. I was diagnosed recently I'm only 19. I don't bleed anymore thank god I would have bloody stool 6-10 times a day the only thing I do get is really gassy and it hurts is that normal. Also I am on remicade"

Paoestrada (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 30, 2015

"I took Apriso for a year and it was successful in treating my ulcerative colitis. I was then switched to Asacol HD. My prescription plan eventually decided Asacol HD was too expensive and I was put back on Apriso. This second course on Apriso was not successful. It did nothing to alleviate my Ulcerative Colitis symptoms, and produced a number of unpleasant side affects - the worst of which was moderate-to-severe stomach cramps around the clock - even waking me from sound sleep. Coupled with an incredibly dry mouth that invited multiple canker sores to erupt in my mouth, these symptoms made eating anything very unpleasant; I lost 15 lbs in the three weeks I was on the Apriso. As soon as I stopped taking it, the cramping and canker sores disappeared."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2014

"Diagnosed with ulcerative colitis a year ago. Took medicine for a month. Cleared up. Recently, another flare up. Am taking again and is slowly clearing up again."

Grammie904 August 6, 2013

"I was told February 2011 that I had ulcerative colitis from the top to the bottom. I was put on 40 mg of prednisone and Asacol 400mg 4 tablets 3 rimes a day. It took about six months to clear up. I stopped taking it about 4 months ago and now I am in a mess with pain. Dr put me back on the same thing and in 3 days I am so much better as far as pain goes, still have stomach being upset. But I will never again stop taking this."

jerz April 18, 2012

"I would probably rate Apriso higher if it were not for some side effects. The only medicine that has actually worked to keep the blood and unreal cramps at a distance. It works. only twice have I had symptoms since 11/01/2011, I hope it stays that way. Anyone with ulcerative colitis know's how important this is."

Anonymous February 26, 2012