User Reviews for Apriso

Learn more about Apriso.

Reviews for Apriso to treat Ulcerative Colitis

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

I took Apriso for a year and it was successful in treating my ulcerative colitis. I was then switched to Asacol HD. My prescription plan eventually decided Asacol HD was too expensive and I was put back on Apriso. This second course on Apriso was not successful. It did nothing to alleviate my Ulcerative Colitis symptoms, and produced a number of unpleasant side affects - the worst of which was moderate-to-severe stomach cramps around the clock - even waking me from sound sleep. Coupled with an incredibly dry mouth that invited multiple canker sores to erupt in my mouth, these symptoms made eating anything very unpleasant; I lost 15 lbs in the three weeks I was on the Apriso. As soon as I stopped taking it, the cramping and canker sores disappeared.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 24, 2014 10:17 AM

Review by Grammie904:

Diagnosed with ulcerative colitis a year ago. Took medicine for a month. Cleared up. Recently, another flare up. Am taking again and is slowly clearing up again.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 6, 2013 9:09 PM

Review by jerz:

I was told February 2011 that I had ulcerative colitis from the top to the bottom. I was put on 40 mg of prednisone and Asacol 400mg 4 tablets 3 rimes a day. It took about six months to clear up. I stopped taking it about 4 months ago and now I am in a mess with pain. Dr put me back on the same thing and in 3 days I am so much better as far as pain goes, still have stomach being upset. But I will never again stop taking this.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 18, 2012 7:45 PM

I would probably rate Apriso higher if it were not for some side effects. The only medicine that has actually worked to keep the blood and unreal cramps at a distance. It works. only twice have I had symptoms since 11/01/2011, I hope it stays that way. Anyone with ulcerative colitis know's how important this is.

February 26, 2012 5:20 PM