User Reviews for Meprobamate

Also known as: Equanil, MB-TAB, Miltown

Learn more about Meprobamate.

Reviews for Meprobamate to treat Anxiety

Review by LB40 (taken for 10 years or more):

Miltown (meprobamate): Benzodiazepines, are way better. Valium or clonazepam have a VERY long half life.(last about 18-24hours) This medicines work great for me, for overall Anxiety. In my case Xanax is the only drug that helps with my Panic Attacks. It works the fastest. And that is very important, when you have a bad event, like Panic Attacks. Not Anxiety attacks, there is a big difference. Panic is a Event(Can last awhile).These can give you aftershocks after the initial event and initial dose of Xanax. Anxiety attacks don't last long, and are not near as bad. Panic Attacks can be up to 10 times worse, than anxiety attacks. No triggers needed for Panic, in my case. Anxiety attacks usually center around stress, difficult situations, etc.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 10, 2013 7:17 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more):

I have been taking 1600 mg for 35 years. It is the only medicine that my doctor tried that really worked to relieve my panic disorder. However, it is only currently being produced by one drug company, and they are really expensive. It is considered an "old fashioned" medicine. Right now my insurance is covering it with a $50 copay. I don't know of any other medicine that is similar, so I guess I'm stuck for now.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 5, 2013 11:31 AM

Review by Randolpho90210:

Helps immensly. I have taken three 400mg every day for 30 years and never increased my dose. Often, I forget to take it and never had withdrawal.

March 8, 2011 2:45 PM

Review by raraider:

Miltown (meprobamate): I have chronic panic disorder with agoraphobia and due to the fact I have not responded to any antidepressant and have only had a moderate response with benzodiazepines (I was taking Xanax XR) I spoke to my doctor about trying Miltown (meprobamate), the first anxiolytic in history, just to see if it can help. I take 400 mg four times a day (1,600 mg) and I have, to my surprise, actually found it to be fairly effective. I was particularly surprised due to its low potency, 0.5 mg of Xanax is considered bioequivalent to 1,400 mg of Miltown. It takes longer than Xanax, Ativan, or Valium to work and I have noticed I can "feel" when Miltown starts to work where as I did not with benzodiazepines (bad). Good novel treatment.

February 17, 2011 9:25 PM