User Reviews for Mebaral

Learn more about Mebaral.

Reviews for Mebaral to treat Epilepsy

"I've been on this for over 30 years and had maybe 10 seizures over that span. I am annoyed that they took something that worked, off the market. When I was 12, I was put on phenobarbitol and my body couldn't handle it so the doc put me on Mebaral and I wasn't a walking zombie and actually functioned. Now that they discontinued Mebaral I have taken 3 other medicines in one year and you've guessed it I'm back on Phenobarb. I plead with the makers to bring this back PLEASE!."

Dakkob (taken for 10 years or more) April 23, 2013

"I have been seizure free on this medicine for 30 years. My seizures were grand mal and though I still have seizure activity in my brain, Mebaral controlled it with little to no side effects. I can't believe they took it off the market. I am a very successful actor and have had a career and life of extreme sports and adventures that would not have been possible were it not for this medicine. Now I am transitioning to phenobarbital. It's not the same and there is a distinctly different set up side effects including nausea, hangover effect, and lack of coordination. "

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) May 10, 2012

"Excellent medicine for me. I would not have been able to have been a teacher and business owner without its help. In 52 years I have had approximately 7 seizures because of this medicine. It will be off the market in a month and I hope the company who makes it reconsiders its decision, the other options for me are not that great."

wimplee1129 January 29, 2012

"This is the only epileptic medication that works 100% for me without side effects."

janronk January 4, 2012