User Reviews for Mebaral

Learn more about Mebaral.

Reviews for Mebaral to treat Epilepsy

Review by Dakkob (taken for 10 years or more):

I've been on this for over 30 years and had maybe 10 seizures over that span. I am annoyed that they took something that worked, off the market. When I was 12, I was put on phenobarbitol and my body couldn't handle it so the doc put me on Mebaral and I wasn't a walking zombie and actually functioned. Now that they discontinued Mebaral I have taken 3 other medicines in one year and you've guessed it I'm back on Phenobarb. I plead with the makers to bring this back PLEASE!.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 23, 2013 10:28 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more):

I have been seizure free on this medicine for 30 years. My seizures were grand mal and though I still have seizure activity in my brain, Mebaral controlled it with little to no side effects. I can't believe they took it off the market. I am a very successful actor and have had a career and life of extreme sports and adventures that would not have been possible were it not for this medicine. Now I am transitioning to phenobarbital. It's not the same and there is a distinctly different set up side effects including nausea, hangover effect, and lack of coordination.

May 10, 2012 11:42 PM

Review by wimplee1129:

Excellent medicine for me. I would not have been able to have been a teacher and business owner without its help. In 52 years I have had approximately 7 seizures because of this medicine. It will be off the market in a month and I hope the company who makes it reconsiders its decision, the other options for me are not that great.

January 29, 2012 7:15 PM

Review by janronk:

This is the only epileptic medication that works 100% for me without side effects.

January 4, 2012 5:26 PM