User Reviews for Mobic

Learn more about Mobic.

Mobic review summary

6.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 64 medications used in the treatment of Inflammatory Conditions.

Reviews for Mobic to treat Inflammatory Conditions

Review by Captain77 (taken for less than 1 month):

Mobic - the miracle pill. I have had chronic pain in my right knee for the last 6 months or so, it was getting worse by the day. I have now been taking Mobic 15mg for two days and I have no pain at all. I have read that there can be some nasty side effects, but at the moment I really don't care. I can walk pain free again.

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 11, 2014 1:40 PM

Review by no more joint pain in ohio....:

I'm 35 and began suddenly having severe joint pain & stiffness & fatigue for the last 6 months only worsening with each day, to the point of it affecting my daily life. So this week I finally went to the doctors & was given Mobic 7.5mg script and could not believe it but within a 30 mins of taking my first pill I felt like a different person. No joint pain & no side effects other then the freedom to move without My joints hurting. I would recommend this to anyone suffering from joint pain or stiffness and to think this was all caused from a thyroid disease I was unaware of.

72 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 13, 2013 9:47 PM

Review by Referee (taken for 1 to 2 years):

I have been taking Mobic for over a year with no side effects other than an elevated blood pressure. I had severe knee and ankle pain which completely went away after taking Mobic. I attempted to stop the medication however pain returned after a few days.

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 5, 2013 11:46 PM

Review by Chrisaiah:

I've been on Mobic for 2 days along with Flexerill and I am still experiencing excruciating pain. I feel like electric shocks going down my right sciatica.

January 29, 2013 10:53 PM

Review by Mari':

Effective for my use for autoimmune/inflammatory/arthritis issues however blood pressure rise is trade-off! Feldene also very effective but for obvious reasons not agreeable.

December 18, 2012 1:26 AM

I have been taking Mobic for 4 years now. Having a herniated bulging disc it helped me so much. I had an operation (laminectomy) to cut away part of the disc. 2 years later after the op I have the same problem again along with nerve pain. Without Mobic I couldn't walk. I also take Oxycontin to relieve all pain. I hear all stories how Mobic damages your liver etc. I've tried twice to come off it, but straight away the pain is severe along with headaches.

April 10, 2012 6:51 AM

Review by therealboomer:

I have been having lower back pain for almost two years. I've been to physical therapy twice, currently I'm having osteopathic manipulative treatment, but with only three visits so far, have not gotten much relief. I also have neuropathic pain from shingles in my lower spine. I have had pain in my hands and fingers for a long time. I started getting nodules on my finger joints and can not wear my wedding rings any longer. I finally told my doctor to refer me to a specialist. In the meantime, he prescribed Mobic. In three days of taking this, I can actually close my fist without pain, my back pain has gone down, my knees don't feel like they are on fire. I feel like I can go out and start my walking routine again.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 6, 2012 1:08 PM

I am using Mobic for a rotator cuff strain and myofacial pain in my shoulder stabilizers. It works great for that. I made the mistake of using it without food and it has made me very sick. Dizziness and nausea. I also found I have to take it at night because it makes me very drowsy.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 31, 2012 2:27 PM

Review by AveMaria:

I was having severe leg pain which I am not sure what it was caused by but I do have Fibromyalgia. I took the Mobic and within about 2 hours, the pain was drastically reduced.

February 9, 2012 7:05 PM

Review by kinkycotton:

I rate Mobic a 10! For the past four months I have been in tremendous pain and could barley walk, sit, or get out of the bath tub and my hands were extremely stiff. I also could not sleep at night due to pain. Mobic has truly helped me. I have my life back! It is truly incredible. I do however take Prilosec to coat my stomach before taking it. I've only been taking this medicine for two days. I have NO pain.

September 17, 2011 8:43 PM

Ankylosing spondylitis: It reduced my pain, but I had serious stools and stomach pains. The doctor substituted it with Naproxen.

May 31, 2011 2:20 PM

Review by editmyworld:

I recently started taking Mobic for my back pain. It makes almost all of the pain go away, and still allows me to be able to safely care for my daughter. The only side effect I have experienced is discomfort in my stomach after taking it, but it's much better than the back pain I was experiencing.

April 14, 2011 5:44 PM

I was given Mobic for foot pain. I took 3 doses and developed tinnitus.

February 13, 2011 10:24 PM

Review by coppermail:

Love Mobic, but it gave me stomach ulcers. At first I thought I had heartburn until everything started to make me sick. I also worry about the damage it does to your liver. Now I have to decide which is worse, pain or being sick to my stomach, because Mobic is the only thing that keeps me going. Best since Vioxx and we know where that went.

January 18, 2011 10:17 PM

Review by Don 13:

Sciatica: I've had injections, epidurals in my spine, inversion tables ,chiropractic adjustments and plenty of prednisone and nothing worked. Been on Mobic for 10 days and already the numbness and burning in my left leg is subsiding greatly. Also seems to help with arthritis in some joints. So far pretty impressed.

December 15, 2010 4:21 PM

Review by mopy:

My primary care doctor prescribed Mobic for my lower back problems (mostly muscular). I took the pill once a day. 15 minutes after I took the pill I had to lay down. The rest of the night I felt like I'd been hit by a truck and the pill didn't even touch my pain. I was getting depressed and my boyfriend told me I was mean while taking this pill. I am taking Aleve 2 x's a day, and I feel so much better now.

August 12, 2010 10:59 PM

Review by SR10:

I have had chronic neck pain for years. It flares up in the cold weather. I was recently prescribed Mobic and I tried it for a week, with no difference in pain. I was later prescribed Voltaren which works great.

August 4, 2010 8:49 PM

Review by Jamiedolan:

Highly effective for joint pain. Helped with muscle pain also. Can cause serious GERD symptoms even with use of proton pump inhibitor and a Histamine2 blocker.

May 2, 2010 4:32 AM

Review by SgtIshy:

I was in a car accident which injured my c4, c5, & c6. They are out of line & impinging on my spinal colum & main nerve to the left arm. It also affects my shoulder. I'm not sure I've reallly noticed any difference from using this drug. I'm not sure they can find anything that helps & doesn't sedate me so that I can't take care of my kids. Trying to find dosing information & so far no luck....

December 24, 2009 4:23 PM

Review by TN Stranger:

I had NO relief at all with this medication! It did not work for me.

November 25, 2009 8:23 PM

I have been using this for 3 weeks for a back injury. It has not helped me at all. No noticable effect.

November 9, 2009 3:01 PM

Mobic prescribed following knee surgery for pain and swelling. Very effective and no side effects.

November 5, 2009 7:51 PM

I have been taking Mobic (meloxicam) for 1 month. I had knee surgery in January 08 and could barely walk, the pain was so bad. After my Doctor started me on meloxicam I'm able to walk pretty much pain free. I tried to stop taking it and the pain returned within two day's. I love it - best thing I have taken.

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 25, 2009 7:30 PM

Review by Emporia:

I have been completely amazed at how fast and how completely Mobic took my pain away. I am now able to resume activities I had had to stop before taking it.

September 19, 2009 3:17 PM

I began using this medication to reduce sciatic nerve inflammation. It worked great for 9 hours and then the pain was back. Not strong enough for my needs, but again worked well for the first 9 hours.

August 14, 2009 4:30 AM