User Reviews for Melatonin

Also known as: Bio-Melatonin, Health Aid Melatonin, Melatonin Time Release, SGard, VesPro Melatonin

Learn more about Melatonin.

Insomnia 92 reviews 110 medications

7.5
Summary of Melatonin reviews 92 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Melatonin

For Insomnia: "Made me feel drowsy after taking it but then after going to bed it made me have that mixed feeling of drowsiness and insomnia. I had a terrible night using it!"

OMT (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2016

For Insomnia: "THis drug helped me to get a very good night's sleep, but I was very weak, tired, and lethargic the next day, until about dinnertime."

Marilyn J. May 16, 2016

For Insomnia: "I have trouble sleeping. I don't like taking drugs but find after missing 2-3 nights in a row I have to take something. A friend (battling cancer) told me Melatonin helped her. I have taken it 3 nights in a row and slept 10 hrs, 6 hrs and 8 hrs. BUT I seem to be drowsy midday and need a nap as soon as I get home. So going to stop for a few nights and then try half a tablet"

Retracmjused May 16, 2016

Melatonin Time Release (melatonin) for Insomnia: "I have tried a lot of medications for insomnia that hasn't worked but melatonin is the only thing that has helped me I now get a full night's sleep"

Ptucka2303 (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2016

For Insomnia: "Took it at 10:30pm it is noon the day after and I am so drugged up drowsy. Don't understand why it is still in my body."

It is bad (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2016

For Insomnia: "I have been on nearly every sleep drug on the market, and like the rest I don't find these work at all! My doctor has bumped me up to 5 5mg pills a night and nothing!!"

JaccHART (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 21, 2016

For : "Intense dreams nightmares"

Bigben dog (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2016

For Insomnia: "I have extreme insomnia my Dr has prescribed every Medication for Insomnia either I had bad reactions to it or didn't help at all so yesterday My Dr prescribed OTC Melatonin I took one pill 3 mg I had a very restful 5-6 hrs~I'm going to try 1/2 of a Pill to to get a full night sleep~I'll see how a 5 mg dose will work~but I was just happy that the 3mg gave me a restful few hrs. I'll report if the 1 1/2 Pills helps me stay asleep for 8 hrs. Right now I'm Thankful that I actually went to sleep and had a few good hrs of rest & sleep. No side effects !"

Sleepless in Va. (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2016

For Insomnia: "My dose is 2mg nightly 1 hour before sleep. It has been 3 weeks so far. I have suffered from parasomnia ever since I can remember. I also suffer anxiety at night because of it. I hallucinate and sleep walk. In the 3 weeks I have hallucinated maybe once or twice and only sleep walked once. Usually it would be every second night. I get to sleep so much quicker. My mind doesn't race and I am so much more relaxed. I sleep so much deeper. I am no longer afraid of sleeping!"

KSzekely March 1, 2016

For Insomnia: "Had trouble going to sleep primarily due to anxiety and irregular work schedule. Prescription medications made me hard to wake up and hungover the next day. Now I take 2.5. mg about an hour before bedtime and go right to sleep and awake refreshed. It also has helped with my ED."

Dr. DB (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 28, 2016

For Insomnia: "So I've been ill for 16 yrs, autoimmune, so needless to say insomnia is part of the equation here, since I don't absorb anything properly I take is liquid or sublingual. I take 3mg sublingual dots they work like a charm, if it's a bad night I take 2. But that's just me. Also the blue light on your cell and Desktop computer lowers your Melatonin and causes you to lose sleep. Look for an app to filter that out that should help tremendously... sweet dreams"

Roserage February 19, 2016

For Insomnia: "I took this last night for the first time as I have had 2-3 months of bad sleep. Waking up and staying awake few hours after falling asleep. I took a 10mg, not really reading about it before. It was way too much for me, I slept, absolutely, but wanted to sleep whole day, now, 24 hours later I still feel very very sleepy! Will take it again but will break up the pills in quarters now if possible. I got the advice to take it with warm, sweetened milk an hour before bedtime."

EMki (taken for less than 1 month) February 11, 2016

For Insomnia: "I am a 18 year old girl,and since I was 13 I only take melatonin on nights when my sleeping schedule is messed up or I have anxiety about something and it really does help. Both my mom and brother take it every night - they both have insomnia and anxiety - and they depend on it. They can't sleep without it. I don't want that to happen to me so I only take it every so often when I am in need of it and it really does work."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 2, 2016

For Insomnia: "I've had problems falling asleep & staying asleep for years. I was on some prescribed meds for sleep but would wake up out of it in the morning. I take 3 mg, sometime half of a pill & rest all night. It helps me unwind & not lay in bed with my mind racing."

haziniya (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 27, 2016

For Insomnia: "I suffered from moderate insomnia for the better part of a decade due to anxiety. I would always fall asleep but it could potentially take hours. It was not unheard of for me to lay down at 11 and get up at 2-3 to watch TV and clear my mind. Ever since I started on melatonin I SWEAR it has been my miracle pill. I still suffer from anxiety so the core of my insomnia is still there. I know that it will work differently for different people so I won't say that a person would be wrong for a lower rating but for me it works, it works, it works! It changed my life."

khenry100 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 26, 2016

For Insomnia: "Here, Europe slashed maximum melatonin levels from 5mg per day to 1mg and it's really enough. I'm totally reborn"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 12, 2016

For Insomnia: "I took the only melatonin in my house at the time which was 5mg. Since school had started I found it really hard to go to bed before 10 and I would just lay in bed waiting. I took this and it really helped me fall asleep but I've been REALLY sleepy ever since. I took it 2 nights ago and I'm still sleepy and its really annoying. I think 5 mg is way too much. I'll only ever take small doses"

Potatoappeal January 10, 2016

For Insomnia: "I take this every night (3mg) in the last few years. It doesn't actually make me sleepy or keep me asleep, but I found it made me relaxed and helped with my anxiety. I take other, stronger medication to actually fall asleep. Overall I think melatonin is worth my money just for the relaxing effect alone. I have never experienced any side effect."

y-thingy January 7, 2016

For Insomnia: "Melatonin has kept all of my Tardive syndrome symptoms at bay since the first time I took 3mg of Melatonin for sleep interruptions. I was nicely surprised when I awoke that first morning: my involuntary movements of my jaw, the earaches inside and outside my ears, and the shakiness of my hands (which resulted in very scrawly handwriting)....all had disappeared! The odd time I feel my jaw move just a little and then I take 1/2 tablet of Melatonin. It keeps that symtom and others at bay."

Dlg8734 December 15, 2015

For Insomnia: "I am 43 years old and retired from the Army after 22 years of service. I've had major sleep issues the past couple of years due to my PTSD. I've tried so many different sleep aids and nothing ever worked! My Doctor suggested trying Melantonin 3mg and I was very skeptical! I have been amazed how great I have been sleeping and I feel so refreshed in the mornings!!"

Army Vet December 5, 2015

For Insomnia: "Just took my melatonin. Currently can't stop yawning while scrolling through reading about all the awesome sleeps you guys had.. <yawns> still can't sleep tho.. "

Sleepybuticantsleep November 11, 2015

For Insomnia: "I have Insomnia caused by Ankylosing Spondylitis and this medication actually works. It wakes me more tired than in pain and I fall right asleep."

Jared123456 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 5, 2015

For : "I am a 13 year old boy and I take melatonin because I got a concussion but couldn't fall asleep and couldn't stay asleep. But then I took melatonin and went asleep easier and was able to stay asleep. The only this that bothers me is that I can't sleep without it now. I could lay in bed for hours and not sleep. I take 3 milligrams of melatonin each night (prescribed by my doctor)."

Awesome bro November 2, 2015

For Insomnia: "Melatonin, once exposed to humidity, is degraded by half. The reason for the mixed responses is never observed nor included in the data. Melatonin is thankfully available in the U.S. Add a silica packet to your bottle"

radio man October 25, 2015

For Insomnia: "I am 48 years old and Loved this! I was having trouble falling asleep and staying asleep due to being pre-menopausal. It worked wonders. I was able to fall asleep and was able to sleep through the night and felt great in the morning."

dutkmd October 1, 2015