User Reviews for Medroxyprogesterone

Also known as: Amen, Curretab, Cycrin, Depo-Provera, Depo-Provera Contraceptive, depo-subQ provera 104, Provera

Learn more about Medroxyprogesterone.

Medroxyprogesterone Review Summary

5.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 146 medications used in the treatment of Abnormal Uterine Bleeding.

Reviews for Medroxyprogesterone to treat Abnormal Uterine Bleeding

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone): "I had taken the shot shortly after I was 18 I bleed for 6 months with one shot have not ever taken again I'm now 23 and still have side effects. For starters can't get pregnant, shortness of breath, severe cramping worst then I ever had before the shot I would never recommend this"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2015

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone): "Why would u make such a awful drug plz discontinue this stuff. I know how it stops you getting pregnant you bleed every freaking day so who would have sex with you - no one. I wanted to take the time out of my day to say this medicine sucks and I hate it. I've gotten only 2 shots and I've been bleeding for 5 weeks . I just wanted to let u know that. Thanks for nothing."

confused4ever (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 21, 2015

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone): "I was on the depo for 5 year an it worked wonders with no periods side effects etc i came off 2 year ago to have my lil girl and went back on to it 8 weeks after giving birth and never again would i recomend it i had my lil girl and depo injection in 2013 its now 2015 an iv been bleeding the whole time since"

henny penny (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 19, 2015

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone): "I was never into birth control so I have 6 kids. My oldest 7years old. I tried depo shot after I gave birth in November to my 6th baby all natural vaginal births no epidural. This was my first time it was the shot on the booty and arm. I have had nothing but aniexty no its not my kids i never felt this way before and I gained ton of weight more than I usually do after a baby I weigh 160 I usually get down 140 3 months after I give birth. I've been bleeding nonstop. I decided I didn't like the shot I'm getting tons of mood swings more than the ones that I get from pregnancy. I'm just going to tie my tubes. It's a nightmare. It's May now so from November to May I've been bleeding. I went to check my hemoglobin its fine - its just depressing."

mother of 6 May 18, 2015

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone): "I was on the shot for 2yrs straight about 3yrs ago. I absolutely loved it and I would have recommended it any of my girlfriends. I didn't have one period and no cramping for 2yrs! Loved it! Not even 2 weeks after missing my last shot I became pregnant. My daughter was born in 2013, and about 2months ago I started the shot again. Worst decision of my life! I have not stopped spotting! Every damn day for almost 2 months and I'm starting to get really crampy and I've have terrible migraines. I've been having mood swings and I've never experienced anxiety so bad in my life. I would seriously consider looking into the side effects and reading up on the shot before you get it."

Kckckc (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 16, 2015

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone): "Well I had my first 3 months shot on 18th January 2015 and two days after it I started bleeding, I have never stopped and the date today is 15th of may. Quite depressing since it was my first time taking contraception. I had all the possible side effect to be honest. Hot flashes at night, terrible migraines, severe back ache, fatigue, tiredness name it. There was a point i went to doctors everyday but now I got used to feeling ill which is quite sad. So you are taking a risk using Depo-Provera"

si-si14 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 14, 2015

Provera (medroxyprogesterone): "I am 31 yrs old. Since the birth of my first child, I've had very heavy, painful periods. Often irregular as in a couple times a month. But I have been bleeding for almost 5 months now. Three months ago, I was put on Provera 10 mg once a day. It lightened my bleeding after a few days, then I had brown discharge for a few days. But I started bleeding again even while taking the Provera. I first had a 10 day supply, then a 30 day supply, another 2 weeks, and now 2 more. But it has changed nothing. I'm bleeding and cramping nonstop and still have no answers. No fibroids, polyps, or cysts."

1931 Twinkle May 13, 2015

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone): "Had the shot two years ago and loved it- no periods, no sure effects. I stopped it for a while and got another shot 8 weeks ago. Severe mood swings, painful acne, sore breasts, period pain and migrains! Spotting non stop for 3 weeks.. Will never take the shot again"

MS86 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 12, 2015

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone): "I have been off the depo shot for about a month now and have been bleeding ever since. Its really become frustrating. I also bleed during but not the whole time i was on the shot. I only took the shot once."

SunSun May 8, 2015

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone): "I have been on this shot for just about one year. I have had one period since being on it which lasted almost a month not heavy by any means, still very annoying. Not noticed any weight gain but I always go up and down give or take 3 pounds. I would recommend it everyone is different and has different side effects so it is unknown how one persons body will take to it. But worth testing it out. Hated the Pill!"

Cassiiee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 8, 2015

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone): "I first started the depo shot about 2 years ago. I switched from the Mirena iud because I bled constantly and sex was often very painful. Before the iud my periods were absolutely terrible with extreme cramping and back pain. For two years I loved life with no periods, no spotting and no pain then I missed a shot. I started again about a month ago and today had very dark maroon/brown spotting? Not sure what that means."

Victoria jade May 5, 2015

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone): "This is HORRIBLE!! I have had the WORST anxiety than ever before and I haven't stopped bleeding for 2 weeks...(I only got this shot 3 weeks ago thinking it would be good) Would not recommend this to anyone..."

Stookystef May 4, 2015

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone): "I had my second shot about a month ago,I haven't had constant bleeding, every now and then (maybe 5 times since January) I have had spotting. I have experienced some cramps but not as bad as I usually get and I have definitely gained weight. I had sex for the first time since I started the injection and I have been getting cramps and bleeding like I used to before the injection. This has been going on for a week now. I am worried and I'm not sure if this is normal after having sex on the injection. Apart from whats happening at the moment, I personally do recommend this injection. I started it to stop the pain and just have a break from bleeding and it has done exactly what I wanted it to."

1234LKB May 4, 2015

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone): "I have been bleeding for 2 months straight, nonstop. I am not a happy camper. I only got this shot to stop my cycles for a bit, but I got totally the opposite. I will not get another shot, ever."

I wish that I would have never gotten this injection (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 3, 2015

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone): "I have been on the depo shot for about two months, about 3.5 weeks ago I started having a lot of pressure around my tail bone area, horrible cramps, way more emotional and spotting, then BAM!!! Mother nature hits with a vengeance, non stop period. yes the depo is awesome because not getting prego, but not having sex is having the same affect."

~°Cindy°~ May 3, 2015

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone): "I've been having constant bleeding or just huge blood clots since I got the shot 2 weeks ago. Also, it's caused me the worst anxiety and depression I've ever experienced in my life. I would not recommend this to anyone ever..."

anxious nelly (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2015

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone): "I'm coming off the depo shot. My second and last shot was six months ago, but it's still in my system. after my first dose of the depo shot, my periods stopped immediately. No bleeding AT ALL since then. Which I wouldn't really mind on its own, but it also intensified my already-bad anxiety. AND I gained 30lbs in three months. I'm suspecting it's the cause of my chronic upper back pain too, which i didn't have until my second shot (its worse than cramps!). I was hoping to get it out of my system so my fiance and I could have a baby soon, as if these symptoms weren't bad enough to make me want to stop. Also, I don't know what's more of a hassle, keeping stocked on pads or pregnancy tests. Ugh. But it did its job as a birth control, so..."

vio b (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2015

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone): "The reason this shot is such an effective form a birth control is because it keeps you from sex. THAT'S RIGHT! The bleeding is so on and off that it's kept me completely abstinent! At first I thought this shot was the bomb, but seriously? I keep telling myself my body will adjust but I feel like I'm constantly on my period. It's messed up"

EmilyAnne94 May 1, 2015

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone): "I was on the depo a little over a year ago had no problems nor period the whole time . This year I returned back to the depo feb 10 , 2015 and have been bleeding for 2 1/2 months straight . The Depo is terrible. NEVER AGAIN"

Ram She'll (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2015

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone): "I only had 2 shots then stopped but about 2 months after stopping, I started having constant bleeding and its been non-stop for almost 3 months and for me it's way more of a hassle than it's worth."

Hanananana (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 25, 2015

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone): "I've been on this shot for a little more than a year, and at first it was fine but about halfway through my year I began having random periods of spotting. I noticed it usually began after (and sometimes DURING) sex. I haven't gained much weight or anything but bleeding during sex is NOT fun. I would recommend this form of birth control but something must be done about the irregular bleeding."

AfromFoodland April 24, 2015

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone): "I've been on this for exactly a month now and I have been bleeding since the day I got it. Granted, I had to get the shot when I started my period but the bleeding hasn't stopped. I am heavy enough to where I have to wear a regular sized tampon. It's messing with my sex life and it's driving me insane. I'm going to get my second shot in June and if this doesn't stop I'm going to stop the shot all together."

Samg1234 April 23, 2015

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone): "I've been on the Depo-Provera since November 2014 and I've been bleeding ever since. It's about time for my next shot and I will not be continuing to take this medicine. Whereas it may be effective but it's costing more money buying feminine hygiene products and it's seriously affecting my sex life. And I'm over the continuous bleeding."

Comarr (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 16, 2015

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone): "I've been on depo for almost a year now. It's had its ups and down. Ups would be not having periods, no babies, and unprotected sex!!!!! Downs would be the red/brown spotting, weight gain and back pain (what I'm experiencing at the moment). The weight thing is a little weird. I usually weigh around 159-163, and I gained about 10 pounds and recently lost them from going to the gym and eating less fast foods. Overall, it's the best BC method. Keep in mind all that I described doesn't happen to all women, we all vary."

Court20137 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 12, 2015

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone): "This shot has saved my life. I was very hormonal with terrible painful PMS. This shot helped with all of my symptoms..including my constant back pain. I don't really think the weight gain is a big issue because I know I gained 5 pounds around my period anyways. I have energy to do more important things now and it has helped my depression significantly. It may not be for everyone but it definitely is helping me tremendously."

meme4567890 April 9, 2015